• Published 19th Mar 2021
  • 1,046 Views, 18 Comments

Wallflower's New Pet - BoredAuthor817



Wallflower adopts a new pet. Sunset is not so sure.

  • ...
2
 18
 1,046

Chapter 4

Sunset rolled over and opened her eyes. Something had woken her up. She laid still and listened. There was a noise that she couldn't quite pick up on.

Next to her, Wallflower laid fast asleep.

Sunset listened more intently. It sounded like the television. They had watched a few shows before bed. Maybe they'd forgotten to turn it off.

Careful not to disturb Wallflower, Sunset arose from the bed and went downstairs to where Alistair was sitting on the coffee table. Ray had been returned to his tank for the night.

Sunset walked toward the living room just in time to see Alistair pecking away at the remote. “No!” she whispered loudly, taking the remote away from the plant, much to his protest.

"No," she scolded, “It'll rot your brain and you'll be a ve—”

Alistair cocked his head to the side.

“You know what?” Sunset said, turning off the TV, “Let's forget about what you'll become.” She sighed. “Don't you sleep?”

Alistair rolled his head the other way.

“Obviously, a foreign concept to you.” She paced, lost in her thoughts. “Do plants even sleep? They must do something when the sun goes down.”

“Creeee,” said Alistair.

“No,” Sunset replied, “everyone else has gone to sleep and you should, too.” She set the remote next to the TV and proceeded to return upstairs. She stopped, however, when she heard Alistair begin to mumble and cry.

Sunset let out a long sigh. “Fine...” she said, “Come here.” She picked up the little plant and sat down on the couch, placing Alistair in her lap. “You're such a baby.”

Alistair cooed happily, rested his head on Sunset's chest and, soon, was quiet and content.

---

Wallflower pawed at the empty bed beside her. “Sunset?” She opened her eyes, but her girlfriend was nowhere in sight. Out the window, Wallflower could see that the sun was beginning to come up. Figuring Sunset may have already woken up and gone downstairs, Wallflower arose and left the bedroom.

Immediately, she found Sunset asleep on the couch with Alistair gently cradled in her arms.

Wallflower smiled as she covered the two with a blanket. Leaning over, she gave Sunset a kiss on the head. “You're such a good plant parent.”

Author's Note:

That's the end, folks!

Now y'all head over to Scampy's place and enjoy yourselves some more Sunflower.

I've got some more writing to do!

Comments ( 13 )

This was so CUTE AND PURE I LOVED IT FOREVER

Cute, just the right amount of silly, and plenty adorable.

I certainly didn't expect that type of pet, but I really should have with Wallflower in the picture.

This was a really nice piece of fluff. Have an upvote.

Oh, and I’m going to add this story to my ’Little Ray’ group, because Ray is featured in the story. Hope that’s okay with you?

10728950

I certainly didn't expect that type of pet

that's the whole point lol!

10729092
And added. Thanks.

Wally. That cover art.

What is your right hand doing?

Comment posted by The Sleepless Beholder deleted Mar 19th, 2021

10729607

What is your right hand doing?

*Spank*

I liked this story. You see so many sad, or at the very least drama-filled stories involving Wallflower. Less common to see cheery slice-of-life stories like this that still do a good job of displaying Wallflower's personality.

Also, Alastair x Phyllis shipfic anyone? :rainbowlaugh:

Best of luck in the judging. :twilightsmile:

10730928
Greek food is good 😋

10730936
Oh, I've got some of those, too. But can't be all doom and gloom and I love variety. :twilightsheepish:

Login or register to comment