• Published 16th Feb 2021
  • 2,696 Views, 177 Comments

The Trial Continues - Zerocool7785



This takes place A week after Sunset's Trial and the day after the Battle of the Bands. Sunset now as a new trials to deal with.

  • ...
8
 177
 2,696

Season Finale Part 2

Author's Note:

Again this is not the end of the story just this arc. There is one more story to go. THE TRIAL CONCLUDES. I want to thank SunsetEvanF1293, Skyblazer9, and Hoping for death for all their support as well as any one else who read and commented thank you. Now I wanted to get this out the day the Trailer for the new movie dropped, but my internet was acting funny last night. As always thanks to Shimmeringsun for inspiring me to try writing.

`Sunset stepped through the portal into Equestria. Quickly trying to balance on two legs and then standing on all four. Twilight came into the library to see what the commotion was and saw Sunset standing there getting her balance.

“Sunset, you should have let me know you were coming! Well welcome back anyway. Why are you here? That Anon-a-miss thing you wrote me about?” Twilight asked.

“When the girls turned on me, something became obvious to me. I was Twilight Sparkle’s charity case. Nothing more.” Sunset proudly proclaimed. Twilight stood there in shock, her mouth wide open. Is this what Sunset really thought?

“Admit it, Twilight. I’M NOTHING MORE THAN YOU LITTLE CHARITY CASE!! ANSWER ME DAMN IT!!” Sunset Shouted getting muzzle to muzzle with Twilight.

All of a sudden a purple glow enveloped Sunset and she felt her hooves sliding back a few inches. She became incensed and tried using her magic but Twilight had her hold firmly. She quickly let go of her magic hold.

“Now first off…” was all Twilight got out before she almost got hit by a magic bolt coming from Sunset.

“Sunset what in Tartarus are you doing??!!” Twilight exclaimed.

“I was trying to break your hold on me. Charity director.” Sunset retorted back,

“First of all you were never a charity case. I was trying to get those five to become your friends for two reasons. You were going to need them the way school was going to be. Two TO TEACH YOU THE MAGIC OF FRIENDSHIP!! Obviously that has gone horribly wrong.” Twilight surmised walking around her library.

“I thought things were going great. I did things to help all the girls. They stood up for me and we did things together, sleepovers, hanging out. I was enjoying being a teenager in that world.

Then came Anon-a-miss and the whole thing changed. It made me wonder if we ever were friends, or if I WAS TWILIGHT SPARKLE’S CHARITY CASE.” Sunset said getting louder at the end.

“You were never my charity case.'' Twilight said, walking up beside her. Putting a hoof around her back. Sunset sniffled slightly then just looked at Twilight with tears in her eyes.

“You know I actually had “family” there?” Sunset asked.

“You wrote to me about your mom and two aunts. I think that’s great.” Twilight responded, not sure where this is going.

“I’m thinking about giving all that up and coming back here permanently. Maybe your friends would be true friends to me.” Sunset lamented.

“Sunset, that is crazy. Why would you leave your mom, that would devastate her. Your Luna, and Celestia were not behind Anon-a-miss.” Twilight stated.

“I thought I could have true friends here in Ponyville.” Sunset said.

“Sunset while Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy would all befriend you after a little bit, you finally have a family in the other world. Also I told you to find your family. Those girls are your family and you don’t give up on your family.” Twilight said.

“Even when they give up on you?” Sunset said sadly, hanging her head. Twilight was already cross over this situation. Stuff like this really got under her skin though.

“Sunset, I am going to go to your world and I am going to go...I believe the word in your world is ballistic. I am going to make them rue the day they crossed Twilight Sparkle.” Twilight declared.

“But before we go you said the “crusaders” were responsible right.?” She asked.

“Yeah why?” Asked Sunset

“Relax for a second let me tell you about Gabby Gums.” Twilight began.
* * *

Luna and her sisters had been searching for Sunset for over an hour. Sunset was nowhere to be found. Luckily at this time Luna ran into Flash Sentry. Flash told her about his talk with Sunset and about her comment “I need to know if any of it was real ”.

“Thank you Flash, where did she go after that?” Luna asked.

“I’m not sure but we were near the school. She might have taken the portal back to Equestria. Where we dare not follow.” Flash told her.

“Maybe where you dare not follow but I will.” Luna said. Flash grabbed her arm.

“Vice Principal Luna, we don’t know what’s waiting for us over there. Plus we are not one hundred percent sure that’s where she went.” Flash reasoned with her.

“If she’s in horse land or whatever they call it. I can’t reach her. I have no contact with her. I CAN’T LOSE HER! Now get your damn hand off my arm and LET ME GO AFTER HER!!” Luna pleaded as she moved towards the Canterlot statue.

“Just as soon as Luna said that they both looked over at the statue and the base illuminated and Sunset came out and this time she was not alone.

“TWILIGHT!! Flash cried out as he ran over and embraced her as Twilight blushed furiously.

“SUNSET!! Honey, I thought I lost you!!” Luna cried as she held her daughter.

“Sunset she was about to go through the portal to go after you.” Flash told her still holding Twilight.

“Mom you can never cross over to Equestria only Twilight and I can do that. You don’t know what to expect over there Twilight and I know both worlds. It is safer if you don’t ever cross that portal.” Sunset explained.

“I had no way to find you or even contact you. Sunset I love you and can’t lose you like that. I already know when you go to college or move out I’m going to be a wreck.” Luna told her.

“You can adopt another student then. Maybe get me a sister or brother.” Sunset joked.

“I don’t think so.” Luna said,

“Flash I understand the WHOLE SCHOOL turned their back on Sunset. You all have some explaining to do!!” Twilight said firmly, glaring at Flash who had let her go.

‘NO TWILIGHT! Flash was about the only one who did believe me, don’t go off on him.” Sunset told her.

“Your right Sunset where are the five? I AM GOING TO RIP THEM A NEW ONE!!” Twilight almost shouted.

“Follow me.” Said Luna. As she started off towards Sweet Apple Acres with Twilight behind her. Sunset and Flash followed behind her.

“This is gonna be something to see.” Sunset thought both somewhat gleefully and somewhat worried at the same time. A sense of uneasiness was building in her and Flash sensed it.

“You're worried aren’t you?” Flash asked, grabbing Sunset’s hand.

“Yeah a little...I have never seen Twilight this angry.” Sunset replied blushing slightly. Flash let go of her hand realizing for them both, how awkward that was for both of them.

Luna glanced back over that realizing that there is still something there between Flash and Sunset. She smiled slightly and thought maybe Sunset isn’t alone after all. She turned her attention back towards Sweet Apple Acres. That was the goal.

Then she saw the house and the barn. She also saw five girls standing outside the barn by the door.

“Princess Twilight there they are and it’s your show.” Luna said

“Sunset you’re with me. Luna, you and Flash head inside. “ Twilight directed.

Twilight slowly walked over towards the girls, ignoring the cold and Sunset headed over towards them with a face that was so cold you could skate on it.

“I DON’T KNOW WHAT THE HELL YOU FIVE WERE THINKING BUT I DIDN’T LEAVE SUNSET IN YOUR CARE FOR THIS. INSIDE THE BARN NOW!!” Twilight screamed at them. The Rainbooms quickly headed inside and Sunset followed them inside.

Twilight stared the girls down. “If I knew you were gonna treat Sunset like this. I would’ve taken her back to Equestria after the Battle of the Bands.” She stated.

“Mom wouldn’t have allowed that.” Sunset interjected.

“From what I heard from you, you and your mom were on the outs after that incident.” Twilight shot back to her. Sunset just leaned back up against the wall.

“Okay, Rainbooms...This is isn’t about you and your petty secrets that nobody with a fully functioning brain would give an actual fuck about! Also if you don’t think Sunset’s life isn’t being ruined then maybe you should pull your pretty little heads out of your asses and look at how Sunset’s being treated! Because you fucking accused her of being Anon-A-Miss in public! You did it with evidence so fucking flimsy that the whole fucking thing being a frame job set up by fucking children is fucking obvious!! To put it bluntly: GROW THE FUCK UP!!” Twilight scolded looking like a bull ready to charge.

“Twilight such language…”Pinkie began.

“PINKIE PIE ZIPI IT NOW!!” Twilight yelled.

“Girls you are lucky, we are not in Equestria, because I would banish you all to Taurtarus. After the Fall Formal Sunset was picked on everyday, was beaten unconscious, stuffed in her locker, and was taken hostage.

Now this comes along, I just can not believe you did this to her. Where are your brains? In your ass? Sunset, why don’t you come up here and tell them what you think. Tell them what it’s been like.” Twilight finished her rant.

“Since September and the fall formal, my life has been a living hell. It had started to ease some finally then this happens. My own friends turned their backs on me. I was just Twilight’s charity case, admit it.” Sunset said.

None of the girls moved.

“ADMIT IT GIRLS I WAS A CHARITY CASE!! Let me tell you one thing. I am on the verge of having a nervous breakdown with everything I've been through. You girls were my rock, my strength. Then I went on a goodwill tour helping you all out and that quickly you turn on me.

If it wasn’t for Luna I would go back to Equestria with Twilight tonight. I will probably forgive you all one day. I just need time. With that, Sunset turned and walked out of the barn and headed over to the house where the party was all but over.

Big Mac, Apple Cinnamon, and Flash Sentry were cleaning up and Luna was helping them, get things put away. Sunset took off her jacket and jumped right in to help.

* * *

“I have to ask, so are you girls happy and satisfied now?” Twilight asked.

All she got was a mumbles of no or not really.

“Speak up, I can’t hear you. C’mon you had no problems speaking up and telling Sunset what you thought.” Twilight said.

"Yes Twilight we are just thrilled to death. No darling, we are not happy at all. Not with our sisters or ourselves." Rarity replied back.

“I don’t get it Twi we forgave Sunset right away and started her journey to being reformed. She should do the same.” Rainbow Dash said standing up.

“YOU’RE DAMN RIGHT YOU DON’T GET IT!! You had family, you had friends. Sunset had no one, nothing. Sunset then got a mother, two aunts, and five girls she considered sisters. Then all of her sisters, over half of Sunset’s family, turned their backs on her.” Twilight came back at Rainbow Dash.

Rainbow Dash sat down. She knew Twilight’s argument was right and compelling. She turned her back on Sunset on flimsy evidence.

“Now where are your sisters? I’d like to talk to them as well.” Twilight asked turning to leave the barn.

“They have been arrested. Shining Armor took them to the station.” Pinkie Pie told her.

Twilight slowly turned around. “Who took them to the station?” She asked.

“Lieutenant Shining Armor.” Pinkie said again.

* * *

Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo stepped out of the car and were taken into the police station. All of them had their names recorded and had all of their possessions turned into lockup.

First Apple Bloom had her mugshot taken looking like the weight of the world was on her shoulders.. Sweetie Belle went next looking like she would cry any second. Scootaloo then had their mugshot taken. After that the girls were fingerprinted.

Shining Armor told the booking officer. “The chief said we don’t have to have these girls strip searched or ask about gang affiliations. Just put them in the holding cell. Watch them closely.” He told her.

“What about…” The officer started asking.

“Don’t worry it’s handled.” Shining Armor told him.

The girls were placed into a cell with only two other people in there and one was asleep at the other end of the cell. The other was just sitting there literally twiddling her thumbs.

“Well girls this is where the crusaders have ended up.” Apple Bloom said.

“When that door closed shut on the cell it really resonated we are going to juvenile hall.” Scootaloo said.

“What are you a dictionary?” Asked Sweetie Belle.

“What do you mean?” Asked Scootaloo.

“Resonated.” Sweetie replied.

“Guys were done for. This was the stupidest idea we ever had.” Apple Bloom told the arguing girls.

About this time Chrysalis arrived at the police station. After parking her car she went in and asked to speak to Shining Armor. An officer got him and he walked out to see Chrysalis.

“Well how are our little jailbirds doing?” She asked.

“I think they are scared straight.” Shining Armor replied.

“Well give me one second with them. Can I see them?” Chrysalis asked.

“Sure follow me.” Shining Armor said.

He led Chrysalis down the hall back to the holding cell. She rounded the corner from the hallway to the holding cells. Walking over to the cell that the crusaders were in they looked up but remained seated.

“Do you like your new home?’ Chrysalis asked.

“Chrysalis, can I ask, are you doing this because it’s your niece?” Scootaloo asked.

“When you mess with my family I do take it personally. I didn’t do this-you did. This is all on your own plate, I have nothing to do with it. Shining Armor is the one running this operation not me. You need to ask him and you know why. The charges were told to you.

Finally if someone harms Sunset over Anon-a-miss, because you waited until after school to confess to it. I will file Reckless Endangerment charges on you. So you better hope nothing happens to Sunset.

I talked to Luna and Celestia. You will be brought to the school on Jan. 3rd and before the entire student body you will admit you are Anon-a-miss and then apologize to Sunset Shimmer before being taken back to Juvenile Detention.” Chrysalis explained.

The three girls looked at each other and realized what their future held. It gave Apple Bloom one glimmer of hope.

“Does this mean we are going to juvenile hall?” Apple Boom asked.

“I don’t know, I have to wait until December 26th to hear back on how Jack McCoy wants to charge you. So you girls have a Merry Christmas.” Chrysalis concluded.

With that statement Chrysalis turned and walked away. Entering the hallway she walked over to Shining Armor down at the end of the hall..

“Well what do you think?” He asked.

“They are holding it in but barely both Apple Bloom, and Sweetie Belle look like they are gonna burst into tears any second. I can’t tell with Scootaloo. Also I think Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle are also about to wet themselves in fright again Scootaloo I can’t tell.” Chrysalis told them.

“I will destroy the mugshots and fingerprints.” Shining Armor said.

“Are their parents here?’ Chrysalis responded.

“Yes and so is Principal Celestia.” Shining Armor.

“OK spring them, make sure that Celestia lets them know about Jan. 3. I’m heading home to see my girlfriend. Merry Christmas Shining Armor.” Chrysalis said and headed home to Potion Nova.

Shining Armor went and unlocked the cell. The three girls just sat there figuring he was there for one of the other cellmates. Shining Armor smiled.

“Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo. Come with me.” He said. The three girls stood up and followed him out to see their parents in the lobby.

The girls ran out to see their parents and despite some scolding and Princess Celestia telling them about the school assembly on Jan. 3rd and detention for the rest of the year they were happy to be free and totally remorseful.

* * *

Outside of CHS…

Twilight returned home through the portal after learning that the crusaders were being scared straight. Sunset watched her leave and then turned and faced the girls.

“Well Merry Christmas. I better get in bed so Santa Claus will come.” Sunset said as she started to walk away.

“Is this how it all ends?” Rarity asks.

“Perhaps I need to think things over. Oh Happy New Year as well.” Sunset said as she turned and walked away to where Luna was in the car waiting.

END PART 2

Comments ( 25 )

Poor Sunset, she doesn't trust her friends anymore.

That was a great final chapter though! Can't wait to see what you'll do next!

10937848
Next up is The Trial Concludes. Already working on it.

If it wasn’t for Luna I would go back to Equestria with Twilight tonight. I will probably forgive you all one day. I just need time. With that, Sunset turned and walked out of the barn and headed over to the house where the party was all but over.

Even then, if it weren't for Twilight, she would've still gone.
Certainly a bittersweet ending.
I'm looking forward to that outing that Celestia proposed, as it will possibly bring them closer, and possibly, when she's ready, will help Sunset reconcile with her old mentor.
(Also, you might want to check for missing quotation marks, the passage I just quoted has one or two missing)

Nice final chapter and yeah some hurts just run real deeo.

“If she’s in horse land or whatever they call it. I can’t reach her. I have no contact with her. I CAN’T LOSE HER! Now get your damn hand off my arm and LET ME GO AFTER HER!!” Luna pleaded as she moved towards the Canterlot statue.

Dang, I'd hate to yelled st by her :twilightoops:

“Your right Sunset where are the five? I AM GOING TO RIP THEM A NEW ONE!!” Twilight almost shouted.

Jeez there's been a lot of yelling in this chapter.

“Okay, Rainbooms...This is isn’t about you and your petty secrets that nobody with a fully functioning brain would give an actual fuck about! Also if you don’t think Sunset’s life isn’t being ruined then maybe you should pull your pretty little heads out of your asses and look at how Sunset’s being treated! Because you fucking accused her of being Anon-A-Miss in public! You did it with evidence so fucking flimsy that the whole fucking thing being a frame job set up by fucking children is fucking obvious!! To put it bluntly: GROW THE FUCK UP!!” Twilight scolded looking like a bull ready to charge.

I don't think I've ever seen twilight curse that much.

“Guys were done for. This was the stupidest idea we ever had.” Apple Bloom told the arguing girls.

You can say that again.

“Perhaps I need to think things over. Oh Happy New Year as well.” Sunset said as she turned and walked away to where Luna was in the car waiting.

This ending sure was sadder than I thought, now I'm wondering how things will go in the next story with sunset getting her friends trust again.

Poor Sunset, I can't blame her for not trusting her friends anymore.

Very awesome job for the final chapter! Thank you very much for mentioning me in the Author's note. :)

10938806
Stay tuned for The Trial Concludes.

You're not going to love hearing this but I think I liked the Anon a miss setup better. I almost wish they'd forever stay like they were before being scared straight.

Or getting in a major fight and having everyone think they're dead but I already wrote that.

And I think I'm going to take everything else off my tracking page now that this is done because those stories haven't updated in months.

10938745
Personally, I would've preferred Twilight to use supposed Equestrian curses, like buck and bucking, but I guess when in Rome... (and author's choice obviously)

10938930
I plan to and I'm looking forward to it! :pinkiehappy:

Awesome story. Looking forward to reading the next part. :twilightsmile:

Going Back to this last chapter. WOW That negative energy riles me up.

Overall, this is good material.

11008487
But Seriously, what did Sweetie Belle mean when she said "Maybe we should spare everyone the pain of having sisters/daughters like us."?

11008698
She's means that she was contemplating suicide. If you read The Trial Concludes you will see who actually attempts it.

11008852
I will eventually get there. I have lots of other material to get through first but I look forward to it.
Also, I had a feeling it was suicide related. I felt you were hitting at my story a little bit. But no, you're a better writer than I am.

“Twilight such language…”Pinkie began.

Sit down!

Well. So, now is the end of part 2, on to the next and last story arc. Good story so far. :eeyup:

“Well Merry Christmas. I better get in bed so Santa Claus will come.” Sunset said as she started to walk away.

That sentence really killed the mood. But hey, it's WAY better than my useless garbage.

Really enjoying this Sunset series so far and happy to put it in my library. I really like how you characterize Sunset, I feel like that is what would happen to her if what happened in Equestria Girls happened.

Sincerely, DynamicDino

11245412
Thank you for your support,

Login or register to comment