• Published 16th Feb 2021
  • 2,695 Views, 177 Comments

The Trial Continues - Zerocool7785



This takes place A week after Sunset's Trial and the day after the Battle of the Bands. Sunset now as a new trials to deal with.

  • ...
8
 177
 2,695

A new friend and a new enemy

Author's Note:

I wanted to get this chapter out before my dental surgery tomorrow. Also I wish to say on Sunday I was really depressed and contemplated suicide. There were two people on this site who helped me get through all that. I dedicate this chapter to them: Shimmeringsun and SunsetEvanF1293.

After the last class of the day Rarity showed up at Sunset’s locker as she was gathering her books and laptop.

“Sunset I moved by sowing shop up into my room, but I need your help.” Rarity said.

“Fabrics and sowing is your thing, not mine.” Sunset replied, walking towards Luna’s office.

“Sunset Darling, why are you going to Luna’s office? Did you two make up?” Rarity asked.

“Yes during a screaming and shouting match at lunch.” Sunset said with a big smile on her face.

“Don’t you think, there are better ways to make amends with Luna than having a screaming match with her? “ Rarity asked.

“We needed to let it all out and have a knock down drag out affair. Trust me we are doing great now. Anyway what do you need, Luna and I have an appointment to get too. I’m not trying to blow you off, I just need to go.” Sunset said.

“Well I just got a laptop at home, camera on it and everything. I was wondering if you could set it up, you seem to know about computers.” Rarity asked.

“Rarity just turn on the laptop and the computer helps you set up everything. You don’t need someone to come in and set up everything.” Sunset told her.

“I’m scared.” Rarity confided in her.

“Scared?! Of what?!” Asked Sunset.

“Well I never do well with technology.” Rarity replied.

“Turn the laptop on, it will guide you.” Sunset reassured her, putting a hand on Rarity's shoulder.

“O.K.” Rarity said defeatedly. With her head hung low.

“Don’t be such a drama queen, it will be ok.” Sunset again tried to reassure her.

At that point Thunderlane came up behind Rarity and put his arms around her waist. She just tilted her head back and Thunderlane leaned down and gave Rarity a quick kiss.

“Well I’ll see you later.” Sunset said feeling awkward.

Sunset came to Luna's office a minute later. Luna was putting her coat on.

“Ah there you are Sunset, you ready to go?” Luna asked.

“If you are.” Sunset replied.

Luna grabbed her purse and took her keys out and walked with Sunset.

Sunset felt weird but after her hostage situation and being in the middle of a firefight Chrysalis suggested she do a few therapy sessions. This one she was looking forward too though.

Sunset walked into the therapist office with Luna who signed her in and then a minute later the door opened up and in walked Trixie with her mom. This was the one session the girls were doing together.

Sunset and Trixie walked into the therapist office together. The therapist office had a huge bookshelf on one wall, the therapists desk and two chairs on the other side of the desk. There was a big window on the right side of the office. The left wall just had pictures.

“Sunset, Trixie go in and have a seat. I'll be there in a minute.” The Therapist told them.

Sunset and Trixie both sat down.

“Sunset before the therapist comes in. The completely apologetic Trixie has to apologize for trapping you under the stage. The Sirens had me all mixed up and they planted the idea in my mind to trap your band. They hypnotized the entire school. I was under their spell, I was not in control of my actions.” Trixie said apologetically.

“In any other circumstances, I might believe that. But you forget I grew up in a world where magic was commonplace. I spent YEARS studying magic before I came here. One thing I studied was mind control and mental suggestion. The Dazzlings merely ensured your loyalty to them and that you would carry out their orders. How you went about it was all you.” Sunset told Trixie.

“Well it was my bandmate Fuschia Blush who pulled the lever. That wasn’t me.” Trixie replied back.

“While I am a little mad at Fuschia, you’re the one who gave the order to pull the lever. Trixie I was wrong, I thought we were friends. I guess I was wrong. I was gonna invite you to my birthday party that Pinkie and Rarity insist I have. Now I don’t know.” Sunset said.

“Sunset please the great and apologetic Trixie…” Trixie began.

“Is a real pompous ass.” Sunset finished her sentence.

Trixie’s face fell. She had tried to apologize to Sunset yet Sunset wouldn’t accept it.

“Sunset I’m trying to say sorry. I tried to stop the beat down, got you out of your locker. Warned you about Gilda, and untied you in the warehouse. I even kept her from escaping. The great and powerful Trixie…” Trixie rambled on.

“...Set up my beating to where I was unconscious, gave Gilda my address, and then took the stage out from under us.” Sunset finished her sentence.

Both of the girls stopped talking when the therapist walked in.

“Now then young ladies, why don’t we get down to business.” He said walking in the room. Then the therapist noticed the tension in the room. She decided to address the noticed tension before anything else.

“OK I sense tension here let’s address that first.” he said.

* * *

“There you go.” Sweetie Belle said, finishing Rarity’s laptop setup.

“Sweetie Belle dear, thank you so much.” Rarity said.

“I can’t believe you fix Sunset’s jacket, and she wouldn’t set up your laptop for you.” Sweetie Belle remarked.

“Well I could have waited a day, but you offered to do it. Sunset said she had an appointment to get to. You know she might be going to the dentist, or shopping, or whatever. Sweetie Belle you should be nicer to Sunset, she’s one of my friends.” Rarity told her.

“Look at what her and Twilight have done to you and your friends, pony ears, your hair extends out like a tail, hell Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy they grow wings. Rarity it’s not normal, they turned you into freaks!” Sweetie Belle cried.

“It’s magic from that other world Equestria it has an effect on some people, it means I’m special.” Rarity explained.

“It means you're a freak!! I want the old Rarity back, the one who didn’t grow ears and a tail, the one before alien ponies invaded our world and cursed you!!” Sweetie Belle cried and ran out of the room. She ran into her room crying, slamming her door.

“Is everything ok up there?” Cookie Crumbles called upstairs.

“Yes mom, just a lil disagreement among sisters.” Rarity said from the top of the stairs.

* * *

Sunset and Trixie walked out from the therapist's office. Some of the tension had disappeared. Trixie and Sunset agreed to work towards an understanding and try to get along better.

“Um Sunset is that offer to come to your birthday party still open?” Trixie asked quietly and a little embarrassed.

“Yes it is, I would like you to attend my 16th birthday party right after New Year’s.” Sunset stated

“The great and powerful Trixie accepts.” Trixie declared her one hand in the air. After that both Trixie and Sunset shared a quick laugh and a quick hug hug and with their mom’s parted ways for the day.

“It’s great to see you and Trixie getting along again.” Luna said to Sunset.

“Well mom it’s still on shaky ground but we are definitely building a firm base.” Sunset told her.

“That is an interesting way to look at it.” Luna said.

“Only way I could think to describe it.” Sunset replied.

“I’m proud of you for inviting her to your birthday party. So when is the first sleepover?” Luna asked.

“Mom let’s not rush things, but I might invite Trixie over to just hang out first.” Sunset replied.

“That’s fine just let me know when, I want you to clean your room first, you don’t want Trixie seeing that mess do you.

“My room is ok, I just never make the bed but I’ll talk to Trixie tomorrow at school.” Sunset replied.

* * *

Arriving back at the apartment Sunset texted Rarity:

Rarity,

Sorry I had to bail on you today but I had an appointment to keep with my therapist. I will help you with setting up your laptop tomorrow if you want. Hit me back.

Sunset Shimmer

Sunset put her phone down and just relaxed for a few minutes for once everything seemed right in the world.

All of her aunts were getting along, and she had a great relationship with Chrysalis. Not so much with Celestia.

Her and Luna were working towards a mother/daughter relationship. While she wasn’t completely sure about it, she was feeling better about calling Luna mom.

She was about to begin her good will tour. Helping on the farm, the animal shelter, the sweet shop, bringing equipment out for the volleyball team, as well as helping Rarity with setting up the laptop. Just then her phone buzzed.

Sunset,

It’s ok, you don’t have to worry about it. Sweetie Belle set the laptop up for me. Then we had a big fight. Go figure. See you in school tomorrow.

Rarity

Great. Now I have to figure something else out to help Rarity. I want to check out the laptop though. Well I guess I should do my homework. Sunset thought.

* * *
Meanwhile, Sweetie Belle was on FaceTime with Applebloom and Scootaloo.
“Yeah it was great I beat Sunset too it, and now Rarity is gonna question her
Friendship with Sunset. It is great.” Sweetie belle said.

“Why?” asked Scootaloo.

“Ah thought Sunset was changin’. Why in tarnation is this a good thing?” Apple Bloom asked.

“Do you guys see how much time our sisters are spending with her? Two sleepovers at Pinkie Pie’s.” Sweetie said.

“You know I just realized something. They all hang out at the Canterlot horse statue or in the music room in the morning. They don’t want to be seen with their “little” sisters. Scootaloo said making quotation marks with her hands around the word little.

“Ah reckon ya’ll right about this, but do you really think they don’t want us around?” Apple Bloom asked.

“Maybe at home they do, but the main thing is now they turned our sisters into freaks, pony ears, their hair long enough to be considered tails. Scoots, your honorary sisters even grows wings for crying out loud.” Sweetie Belle.

Both Applebloom and Sweetie Belle shifted uncomfortably in their seats.

“Ah think your right Sweetie we should do somethin’ but what?” Asked Apple Bloom

“Girls, let's meet tomorrow and try to figure out what we should do.” Scootaloo said

“Scoots is right, it’s too late to do much now.” Apple Bloom said.

“Okay then good night you two.” Sweetie Belle said.

* * *

Meanwhile in Equestria, Twilight’s Castle…

“So Twilight did you want me to come with you?” Spike asked.

“Nah just going to be a few minutes to tell Sunset the great news and head back here.” Twilight replied.

“Why not write it down in the journal and send it that way?” Spike asked.

“I’d rather do it in person now that the portal is open.” Twilight replied. Grabbing her saddlebags and strapping them on. After throwing in a few supplies she turned to Spike who looked worried.

“Don’t worry Spike I’m not going to be gone that long. If you need anything the girls are here in town. Besides, I can’t wait to see the look on Sunset’s face when I tell her this.” Twilight said.

“Don’t you think you better let Sunset know you're coming?” Spike asked.

“Oh yeah, that would be a good idea.” Twilight replied, chuckling slightly and rubbing her neck with her hoof. Twilight opened the journal and began to write to Sunset. She couldn’t wait to tell her of her arrival and the great news.