• Published 16th Feb 2021
  • 2,696 Views, 177 Comments

The Trial Continues - Zerocool7785



This takes place A week after Sunset's Trial and the day after the Battle of the Bands. Sunset now as a new trials to deal with.

  • ...
8
 177
 2,696

Sunset's Good Will Tour Part 3

“Trixie, what are you doing here?” Sunset asked.

“Just out for a walk, I ended up over here at the school, I don’t even know why.” Trixie said, looking depressed.

“I was supposed to get a ride home with Rainbow Dash, but I guess she forgot about me when she left with Soarin’.” Sunset said.

“Nice.” Trixie replied sarcastically.

“I have to get home, mom will have a fit if I’m late. Luckily it’s not too far.” Sunset said.

“Mind if I walk with you?” Trixie asked.

“Sure as long as I’m not going to get ambushed again.” Sunset replied.

“I’m not with them anymore, c’mon Luna will want to see you get home safely.” Trixie said.

Sunset started walking home with Trixie. Sunset wondered why Trixie seemed so depressed she wasn’t sure how to approach this subject. So she just asked.

“Trixie what’s wrong? Why are you so sad?” Sunset asked,

Trixie took a deep breath and slowly let it out. She kept walking and looking down at the ground. Then finally spoke up.

“You know the homecoming dance coming up?” Trixie said.

“Yeah the dance a week before Christmas break, yeah what about it?” Sunset replied.

“You have a date?’ Trixie asked.

“No. I didn’t plan on going either.” Sunset replied.

“Why?” Trixie asked.

“All of my friends have a date or boyfriends. I don’t want to be standing on the sidelines when the slow music begins and they're all out there wrapped up in their guys arms. Also last time I went to a school dance it didn’t end well. “ Sunset replied.

“Oh I guess after the Fall Formal you’re not one for school dances.” Trixie replied.

“No I’m not.” Sunset replied.

“What if you had a date?” Trixie asked.

“I don’t know, I doubt anyone is ever going to want to date me. Not in this area anyway. Who are you going with?” Sunset asked, looking down as she kicked a stone on the sidewalk.

“I don’t have a date either. I was thinking I would sit at home that night.” Trixie replied.

“We should get together that night and do something. Just saying if we are gonna be friends we should hang out sometime.” Sunset replied, arriving at the apartment complex.

"Trixie likes that thought." Trixie replied.

“Trixie, you want to come in for a minute?” Sunset asked.

“Alright if Luna’s not going to be mad.” Trixie replied.

“No mom is ok with you.” Sunset replied.

“Ok, I will come in for a second.” Trixie said

“Trixie seems very depressed and apprehensive, maybe I can get her to stay for dinner, and get her to open up to me. She never seems like this during therapy but I only had one joint session with her.” Sunset thought as they climbed the staircase.

“Mom.” Sunset called as they entered the apartment.

“In here. ”Luna called from the kitchen. She walked out with her apron on and was surprised Sunset had someone with her. She was more surprised by who it was.

“Sunset, I expected you home earlier...why didn’t you tell me you were bringing a friend over? Luna asked.

“Mom Rainbow Dash and her boyfriend didn’t give me a ride home, they ditched me. I decided to walk home and ran into Trixie here and we walked home talking.” Sunset explained.

“O.K. Trixie, did you wish to join us for dinner?” Luna asked.

“The great and powerful Trixie...is very hungry so yes.” Trixie replied, pulling her cell phone out to call home.

While Trixie talked to her mom on the phone Sunset walked in to talk to her mom.

“Mom, are you ok with this? Sunset asked as Luna checked on dinner in the oven.

“Yes, Trixie is not on my shit list anymore. Just if you want to have a friend over for dinner next time let me know first.” Luna whispered.

With that Sunset walked back into the hallway. She noticed Trixie standing with her back to Sunset. Trixie had hung up the phone and seemed stressed. Sunset went over and touched Trixie’s shoulder. Trixie spun around and looked at her, with sad eyes but quickly regained composure.

“Trixie is everything alright?” Sunset asked tentatively.

“The Great and Powerful Trixie is always alright!” Trixie proclaimed,

“Uh-huh.” Sunset replied not believing it.

“Girls, Dinner!!” Luna called and with that Sunset and Trixie headed into the kitchen. Dinner was filled with light conversation at first then Sunset asked Trixie a question that had been bugging her.

“Trixie, do you know how the police found us that night I was kidnapped?” Sunset asked.

“No, Trixie was tied up in the storage room. Gilda said I led her right to you. Sadly The honest and apologetic Trixie did unintentionally lead her to you, when she came running to tell you about Gilda’s plan. She had someone track me.” Trixie explained.

“Sunset, Trixie. I know how.” Luna said.

“Are you gonna tell us?” Sunset asked.

“Sargent Shining Armor, said that a girl saw Sunset being brought in the warehouse, tied up and with a bag over her face. She called the police and told them the address and what was going on.” Luna said, her voice shaking slightly. Luna looked like she was about to let go with the tears, thinking about that night.

Sunset reached over and rubbed her mom’s arm and surprisingly Trixie did the same trying to calm a visibility upset Luna down. After a second she smiled and put her hands on both of the girls shoulders,

“Thank you, you two, I just get upset when I think about it. I almost lost my daughter and one of my students, who has become Sunset’s friend again.” Luna beamed at Sunset and Trixie.

“So Sunset, you're not going to the homecoming dance then?” Trixie said.

“Why not hun, aren’t your friends going?” Luna asked.

“Yes they are with their dates, besides the last time I went to a dance...it didn’t end well.” Sunset replied. Her mind went back to the Fall Formal.

“Here Sunset, how about you go with me?” Trixie said, grabbing her hand.

“Um Trixie, I don’t know about that.” Sunset replied.

“This way you have a “date” sort of and Trixie doubts anything is going to happen.” Trixie replied.

“What happens when they play slow music and everyone dances, you know close?” Sunset asked.

“Then you dance with Trixie.” Trixie replied.

“Well I would have a better time going to my Aunt’s and doing video games.” Sunset said.

“What if Aunt Chyrs is out on assignment?” Luna asked.

“Then I’ll stay here, you have the movie closet.” Sunset replied

“Sunset after the last dance your Aunt Celestia and I decided we are chaperoning the dance. I would feel better if you went.” Luna said.

“Mom, I'm gonna be sixteen soon. I think I can handle a few hours by myself.” Sunset replied.

“Well Sunset, the great and enlightened Trixie makes you this offer. Go to the dance with me if not then we can hang here or at my place. Also Trixie wants to know...what is this movie closet?”

“Before we take her home for the night, can I show her?” Sunset asked Luna.

“Go ahead.” Luna replied.

“Come in the living room, Trixie.” Sunset said, leading the way with a sweep of her arm. Trixie got up and followed Sunset into the living room across to the far side where the closet was.

“Go ahead, slide the door open.” Sunset said, trying not to giggle.

Trixie took the knob and slid the door open and took a step in and was in shock, way more than Sunset was when she first saw it. But then again Trixie hadn’t been blasted with the Elements of Harmony an hour ago.

“What the frack.” Trixie said in shock.

“Impressive huh?” Luna asked, walking into the living room.

“I have never heard of some of these.” Trixie said rifling through a few DVD’s .

“Now Trixie I don’t mean to be rude but I have to help out at the Sweet Shop tomorrow 5-3 so I have to cut this short. I would really like to hang out again.” Sunset said.

“Trixie, where do you live?” Luna asked, walking out of the kitchen with her car keys .

“Oh Vice Principal Luna, you don’t need to do that, the great and powerful Trixie can walk it. ”Trixie said.

“Trixie I’m not letting one of my students walk home when it’s getting dark, especially one of Sunset’s friends.” Luna demanded standing there looking more like the Vice Principal.

"Trixie take my advice, don't argue with Luna, you're not gonna win." Sunset said walking up next to her.
Trixie relented and told Luna she felt bad making Luna have to go through that but like Sunset she knew once Luna stood firm on something, she wasn’t going to budge.

“Sunset I’m gonna take Trixie home, you need to get to bed for work in the morning. I come back, you better be asleep.” Luna told her.

“Ok mom.” Sunset said.

After saying good night to Trixie and her mom Sunset went into the bathroom
and opened up the medicine cabinet. She knew she was going to need help falling asleep tonight. After taking two Benadryl Sunset had no problem falling asleep.

* * *

When the alarm went off at 4:01 that morning Sunset dragged herself out of bed and threw on her jeans and purple sweater. When Luna knocked on the door Sunset was sitting on the bed putting her boots on.

Luna grabbed something for Sunset to eat this morning. Knowing two Pop-Tarts was not going to be the best thing for breakfast but they worked in a pinch. Sunset quickly ate them and a glass of milk and was out the door. Luna was right on her heels.

Sunset dozed off in the car on the way to the Sweet Shop. Luna gave her a gentle shake on her shoulder to wake her. Sunset noticed a light on in the back and knew someone was there. With a quick kiss from Luna, Sunset thanked her for the ride in.

Sunset went up and knocked on the door and Pinkie came bouncing up with keys and let Sunset in and then locked the door.

“Sunny I am so happy you’re gonna be here today!! It’s gonna be so much fun and Mrs. Cake is gonna need your help in the kitchen and dish room!” Pinkie said.

“Ok so what do I do first?” Sunset asked Pinkie.

“Oh good morning Sunset.” Greeted Mrs. Cake.

“Good morning Mrs. Cake” Sunset replied.

“As for your question, go help Pinkie take all the chairs off the tables and then you can sweep or mop in the dining room before we open, we do a mop at the beginning and the end of the day. Sweep whenever you can. But you’re gonna be in the back mostly.” Mrs. Cake explained.

Sunset took chairs and mopped the floor after Pinkie swept and Pinkie was happy with Sunset helping she was ahead of schedule.

After making sure the restrooms were stocked and clean. Mr. Cake turned the lights on and unlocked the doors. In walked an older customer who came every morning to get his coffee.

"Grand Pear good morning." Mr. Cake replied.

"Carrot Cake how are ya. My usual please." He replied.

After that the morning was slow until about 8:00. Sunset did a couple dishes and stocked up the bagels behind the counter. But mostly worked in the kitchen/dish room.

About mid-morning Sunset stopped and wiped her brow after bringing dishes out for the cakes to serve breakfast on. Mrs. Cake noticed Sunset was working hard. It pleased to see this former “meanie” (as Pinkie Pie referred to her until recently) being humble, obedient and actually nice to her, Pinkie, and the few customers she ran into.

“Is it as hard as it was at the apple harvest last weekend?” Mrs. Cake asked.

“Not quite, but you guys do a good business here on Saturday’s.” Sunset replied.

“Yeah the weekends are busy, weekdays after about 8:00 it dies here except for a few retirees who come in here and there. Mr. Cake and I make our money on the weekends.” Mrs. Cake told her.

“That makes sense, well I better get back to work.” Sunset replied.

It was a normal Saturday Morning which Sunset found to be busy but she didn’t normally work at the restaurant either. Still Sunset felt she was making up for past misdeeds by helping out.

During the lunch rush, Sunset went out onto the floor and bussed several tables to keep the rush going but was back in the kitchen/dish room washing dishes and helping with the cooking. Around Ten minutes of three the door opened as Pinkie was about to lock it.

“Now ma’am just so you we close in ten...Oh Hi Vice Principal Luna.” Pinkie said turning red.

“Are you here for your girl?” Mrs. Cake asked.

Luna smiled and nodded “Yep whenever Sunset is ready.” She replied.

Sunset walked out of the kitchen in an apron and saw Luna. “Hi mom, be done in a little bit.

“Sunset. Just sweep and mop up the kitchen and you can head out with your mom.” Mrs. Cake told her.

“O.k. Sunset grabbed the broom. Pinkie started putting the chairs up and locked up after the last customers left. Luna was the only one sitting in the restaurant. She was on her phone texting with Apple Cinnamon.

Finally Sunset was done cleaning up and she hung up the apron and thanked Mrs. Cake for the chance to help out today. Pinkie came bouncing over and hugged Sunset.

“Thanks Sunny, I see now you're not a big meanie, but definitely changed. Thanks for today.!!’ Pinkie exclaimed.

“Thanks Pinkie I think.” Sunset replied, slightly confused. Figured her friends knew she wasn’t mean anymore. But it was Pinkie and she was told when it came to Pinkie just go with it.

Luna put her phone away and took out her keys. She was glad this one was over. Next week she could sleep a few hours later before dropping her off at the Canterlot Animal Shelter.

Canterlot State Prison that same morning….

The buzzer sounded at 6 am and all the doors opened and the inmates all stepped out in front of their cells. The Captain of the guards walked out into the center of the prison and walked up to the second tier gangplank connecting the second level cells.

Other guards walked out to their stations and the captain took out her clipboard to make sure everyone checked out.

“Give me a count.” She said A couple of guards reported “clear” but then came the call from one of the female guards at the end.

“Woman missing on tier two cell number 245!” She shouted.

The captain took out her clipboard and looked down at the names and saw who it was.

“Gilda Griffon get out here, you're holding up the show girl!” The captain shouted. No one came out of the cell.

“Don’t make me come down there, I’ll thump your skull for you.” She warned. When no one came out of the cell. The captain with two guards started down the walkway in front of the cells. All the prisoners took a step back.

“Damnit Griffon you’re putting me behind. I got a schedule to keep! You better be sick or dead in there I shit you not. You hear me?!” The Captain yelled coming down the walkway.

Rounding the bars in front of the cell The captain saw the inside of the cell.

“Oh my holy God!!” She exclaimed.