• Published 16th Feb 2021
  • 2,693 Views, 177 Comments

The Trial Continues - Zerocool7785



This takes place A week after Sunset's Trial and the day after the Battle of the Bands. Sunset now as a new trials to deal with.

  • ...
8
 177
 2,693

Healing

Author's Note:

At the end of the week I'm going to have some major dental surgery. I don't know if my next chapter will be done by then. I'm going to work on it until the surgery. After that it will be a few days until I will get back to work. As always please leave comments I need vindication from the internet.

Tuesday morning the girls met at the horse statue in front of the school, as they did every morning. Applejack got there first as usual. Being an Apple she was up with the sun every day except on Sunday.

Shortly after other girls started arriving, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, and Rainbow Dash all arrived next in that order.

Thunderlane pulled up in his Ford F-150 Pickup Truck. After he got out of the driver's side he walked around and opened the other side to let Rarity out. He took her hand and helped her down out of the truck. Rarity gave him a quick kiss. It didn’t seem like the kind of vehicle Rarity would ride in, but when it came to Thunderlane she didn’t seem to care.

Rarity walked over to the statue where the girls met.

“Wow and you talk about Flash being a smitten kitten.” Rainbow Dash teased.

“Well one day when you get a girlfriend you’ll understand.” Rarity teased back. Rainbow immediately looked disgusted at Rarity’s comment, while Applejack and Pinkie Pie giggled slightly.

“Maybe you thought I was on the other side of the street and I’m not.” Rainbow replied back a little annoyed at Rarity.

“You know Dash, you can say the words homosexual or gay and it won’t make you burst into flames.” Sunset said walking up to join her friends.

“Hiya Sunny!!” Pinkie exclaimed, giving Sunset a hug.

“Hi Pinkie.” Sunset said hugging Pinkie back. I am dreading this day.” Sunset said sliding down and putting her head down on her knees.

“Why is that?” Fluttershy asked quietly.

“Well Saturday we won the battle of the bands. Thanks to Twilight and Equestrian magic. Who knows what they are going to do to me now.” Sunset lamented.

“Sugarcube, did you talk to your mom about how you feel?” Applejack asked her.

“No, Luna and I are barely talking right now.” Sunset remarked.

Ooo Ooo, is that because of her comment, to you on Friday the day before the battle of the bands?” Pinkie asked.

“Right on the money Pinks.” Sunset replied.

“Pinks?” Pinkie Pie questioned.

“You call me Sunny, so I called you Pinks.” Sunset explained.

“If you don’t like being called Sunny just say so silly.” Pinkie told her.

“No don’t take it the wrong way, I thought we were doing nicknames.” Sunset said holding her hands up being defensive.

“Sunset it’s ok. I’m not mad. Just relax.” Pinkie said, taking Sunset’s hands and putting them down at her sides.

“Darling’s it’s getting chilly why don’t we head in and hit the music room for a few before heading to our classes.” Rarity said.

“I’m with Rarity, it’s bad enough I have to do gym first period and freeze my butt off, I don’t want to have to sit out here more than needed.” Rainbow Dash said.

The six girls headed to the music room. All of them were either sitting or standing around, when Sunset decided it was time to start talking about her tour.

“Ok last time I tried to start my good will tour I had to cancel with the Cakes at Sugarcube Corners. I wanna try to start this especially as winter is almost upon us. Applejack is there anything that needs to get done on the farm this weekend?” Sunset asked.

“Well we have to get the last of the apples undercover in the barn for the winter. After all, we will need to sell them durin’ the winter months. If you want to help, Granny Smith and Big Mac will love the assistance.” Applejack said.

“Pinkie, what about the cakes?” Sunset asked.

“Well they run the Sweet Shop here in Canterlot and are married…”Pinkie began.

“No I mean are they still willing to let me do a volunteer shift there one Saturday morning into the afternoon?” Sunset asked.

“Of course silly, Mrs. Cake understood. I would like the help, it’s so crazy on the weekends.” Pinkie told her.

“Now guys there is one question that I would like to know. Which one of you contacted the police, to let them know I had been kidnapped?” Sunset asked.

“Darling none of us knew anything about that.” Rarity told her. The other girls all nodded in agreement.

“Sunset if I knew I would have rushed over there.” Rainbow Dash said agreeing with Rarity.

“How would you have gotten anywhere near the place Sugarcube?” Applejack asked.

“So nobody here contacted the police?” Sunset asked. Everyone shook their heads no.

“That point aside Rainbow I was wondering if you could teach me some self defense?” Sunset asked.

“Ok but it will take several hours and several days over winter break, if you’re willing I will teach you some.” Rainbow replied.

“Um guys we might want to get to our lockers, and Rainbow to the gym.” Fluttershy quietly mentioned.

“She’s right catch ya later.” Rainbow said.

“C’mon Sunset we got science first, we should get our stuff.” Applejack said. Slowly the girls parted ways for the morning.

* * *

It was mid morning Celestia was going to talk to Luna. Upon entering her office Luna looked up from her paperwork, to see her sister enter the office.

“Morning sister, what brings you down here today?” Luna said briefly looking up from her work.

“I’m worried about you and Sunset for one. Another one is you left school early a few times with Sunset. I understand with the lunchroom incident and those idiots dumped food and garbage on her. Then other incidents like Scores deciding to be funny, and tripping her you left over that. Luna you can’t take Sunset home over every incident.” Celestia said.

“I know.” Luna said her face in her hands

“Now we need to put this battle of bands behind us, and look towards winter break.” Celestia said.

“I wish I knew what to do with Sunset. She talks to me but it’s like one or two words. For example I tried to talk to her at breakfast and I got maybe four words.” Luna complained.

“Luna you need to put your foot down. You always let this girl walk all over you. I understand that she has had a hard life, and yes that makes me sad too, but also she acts like a spoiled brat.” Celestia told her.

“Chrysalis, says I should take her over my knee and beat some manners into her.” Luna said, leaning back in her chair.

“Luna, that is how she was raised, one rude word to her parents and the roof would hit her. I know you don’t want to raise a hand to Sunset.” Celestia replied.

“Celestia, I don’t know how to do this. I’m out of my element here.” Luna told her. Luna looked at Celestia, with sadness and almost pleading for help.

“Luna, anything I say from an outsider. I have no experience here. All I can tell you is you have to put the pieces together as you go, kind of feel your way through it.” Celestia replied back. She stood there with her arms crossed looking at her sister who had been a bundle of misery lately.

“I’m not giving up, I’m requesting that Sunset have lunch with me and we are going to work this out.” Luna said confidently.

* * *

Sunset was heading towards her locker with Fluttershy and Rainbow when they passed by Luna’s office. Luna was standing outside her office with her arms crossed. She looked right at Sunset and motioned for Sunset to come over to her.

“Luna.” Sunset said.

Luna opened the door and pointed to the office. Sunset looked over at her friends and said to them “Go ahead I’ll catch up with you.”

Once inside Luna went and sat down and then looked at Sunset. Sunset was standing there looking at Luna like what is going on.

“Please sit down.” Luna said.

“Luna I got lunch this period, it’s the only time I can hang with the girls.” Sunset said, taking a seat.

“You’ll be having lunch with me today.” Luna said.

“Why, what did I do?” Said Sunset being smart.

“Because we are going to have a little talk, you and me even though you won’t talk to me at all.” Luna said.

“Fine.” Sunset Shimmer said leaning back in her chair crossing her arms.

“Oh little miss never did anything wrong. Did you not manipulate this entire school? Applejack held a bake sale and Rainbow Dash brought the entire softball team to help promote it. Well someone told Rainbow Dash the bake sale had been moved to a different day. Her and the softball team show up and no one is there. Applejack had the bake sale on the original day and thought Rainbow Dash stood her up. Rainbow Dash thought Applejack cancelled on her. It caused a riff in their friendship. Do you know who that was that did that?” Luna asked.

Sunset sat in the chair looking like she was going to cry. Luna had hit her hard with how she broke up Applejack and Rainbow’s friendship. The sad part is Sunset still carried guilt over that incident. It really hit her hard, harder than the elements of Harmony.

“I still feel guilty about that. I should have died in that crater. I am bullshit.” Sunset said, looking at the floor starting to cry.

“Sunset stop talking like that.” Luna warned.

“WELL IT’S TRUE ISN’T IT. IF I WAS DEAD YOU GO TO APPALOOSA. IF I WAS DEAD YOU AND CHRYSALIS WOULDN’T BE FIGHTING, AND THE GIRLS WOULDN’T FEEL OBLIGATED TO BE MY FRIENDS!!” Sunset yelled.

“SUNSET SHIMMER sit down and calm down. I love you and do you know much, it hurts me to hear you say that? Now stop saying that crap. I am sick and tired of it!” Luna yelled back.

Luna sat down in her chair and just sobbed her head in her hands. She also shook her head while crying. Luna was at her breaking point.

“I can’t do this with you anymore. OK you win Sunset. I’ll turn in my resignation tomorrow, pack up my stuff and move to Appaloosa. You can go do whatever you want. I wash my hands of you. Are you happy now? Is that what you want?” Luna sobbed.

“Your friends are not obligated to be your friends, they are your friends because they want to be. Not because of what Twilight said to them. As soon as Twilight left they came over and extended a hand in friendship.” Luna continued on.

“Yeah I screamed at them to get away from me.” Sunset remarked.

“You had been traumatized.” Luna explained.

“Luna, why do you and I fight so much?” Asked Sunset.

“They say the more two people fight, the more they care about each other.” Luna said walking over and putting her arm around Sunset.

“Honey I can’t take back what I said, I wasn’t thinking clearly. Still you can’t keep punishing me for it too.” Luna said.

“Luna I don’t want to fight anymore. I’m exhausted. I want to inhale my lunch and go home today.” Sunset said.

“Well I’ll give you time to eat, and make sure you’re not in trouble for going to class late. But we can’t head home until classes are over.” Luna said.

Lunch was spent chit chatting and reconnecting. Even though Sunset didn’t need to eat lunch with Luna it was a nice change. After her meal Sunset thanked Luna for everything then said the words Luna wanted to hear.

“Luna come here for a second.” Sunset said as she was leaving. Luna got up and walked over to stand next to Sunset. Sunset all of a sudden launched herself into Luna with a huge hug. Luna was caught off guard but after a second returned the hug.

“I love and forgive you...mom.” Sunset said holding onto Luna.

Luna couldn’t help but shed a few tears. ”I love you too daughter.”

Sunset looked at Luna with a smile on her face. She said to Luna “When we get home you better finish those adoption papers and send them in.”

“Will do, now get your butt to class young lady.” Luna said smiling. With that Sunset headed off to class feeling like everything was right in the world again. At least it seemed that way.

Twilight’s Castle, Equestria:

“Are you sure Twilight?’ Spike asked looking at Twilight after hearing her theory.

“Well you were there. You saw it like I did. Sunset “ponied up”. This proves that my second theory was true.” Twilight said.

“Well that’s great, right?” Spike asked.

“Yes it is, and Sunset is gonna be thrilled to hear it.” Twilight said.