• Published 23rd Apr 2021
  • 3,806 Views, 119 Comments

Legion - Thule117



Equestria is at peace, watched over once more by its ancient guardian the Doom Slayer. But when an evil from his past returns to threaten all he protects, he for once cannot stand alone. And so after 1200 years of slumber the Legion will rise. . .

  • ...
9
 119
 3,806

Plowshares to Swords

"What idiot told you guns don't kill people?! Course they do! So do knives, spears, swords, and a good sturdy rock! Hell, anything you can imagine can kill people, guns just do it best!"

-Legion Commander Patton Murphy


Twilight once heard it said that 'Canterlot wasn't built in a day'. A statement that by and large, she still believed held true. However, seeing the changes wrought to Ponyville by the Legion after slightly less than a week of work, she was beginning to seriously question its sincerity.

What had once been a small, if famous, town at the foot of the Everfree Forest, was now more akin to a fortified military complex. Around the collection of residences and businesses, multiple walls had been erected. Crafted from stone and conjured from the living earth by Legion battlefield magetechnicians, they surrounded the town on all sides like the rings of a great tree. Standing twenty feet tall, the -no less than three- rings of twelve foot thick outer walls, were connected to the town by an elaborate system of tunnels and trenches. All of which were in turn fortified and then magically trapped.

If you weren't Legion, equine, or a species recognized as friendly to ponykind, you'd have a better chance surviving in the crater of an erupting volcano than making it through the defenses alive. As a now incinerated manticore found out a day ago after trying to jump part of the wall. Fluttershy had since been running herself ragged, explaining to the creatures of the forest that they needed to stay away from the defenses until the Legion sorcerers and magetechnicians's could tweak the traps to recognize them as friendly.

Inside the town, every house, cottage and business had received enchantments to make them all into veritable bunkers in their own right. Not to mention deathtraps to anycreature that might be considered hostile. All of this was reinforced by one of the great wonders of D'nurian mage-science, magetech shield generators. Pulled from the ancient war caches of the Legion, they had been swiftly distributed to all the cities and towns selected for fortification.

Now over dozens of hamlets and metropolises in Equestria was a near invisible bubble of magical energy. Designed to withstand everything from plasma blasts and bullets, right up to sustained artillery bombardments and carpet bombings, and Ponyville was no exception. Add to that an enchanted minefield and an elaborate system of traps still under construction in the fields and forests surrounding the town, and the sleepy little hamlet Twilight called home was now more secure than Tartarus, even without its newly arrived defenders. Ponyville, due to it being so close to the center of Equestria, had been designated as a strategic hub for soldiers and supplies. The Legion had even expanded the train station, and were working day and night to extend new tracks to reach across the country.

Ponyville also now hosted an impressive garrison of close to fifteen hundred Legion soldiers. Most from the newly christened 'Star Guard', the personal protectors of Twilight herself. The rest were primarily Solar or Lunar Guard, but there were a number of squads from other Guards, whose unique skills were required to aid the defense effort in Ponyville. Granted, the total number of warriors fluctuated daily as they were dispatched to various other locations where they were needed.

As Twilight walked down the street, she saw both ponies and power armored humans rushing to and fro, most either hauling materials and supplies, or holding scrolls and clipboards. A low clamor of mixed voices and sounds filled the air. Calls for blueprints and lists by various forecreatures, shouted directions from Legion officers, the pounding of hammers and buzz of saws, along with the low chanting of mages casting spells of enchantment and protection.

"Is everything alright Heka?" The mechanically distorted and accented voice startled Twilight for a moment, before she recalled her companion. Apparently she had stopped and stared without realizing it.

"No, sorry Hashut. I just got distracted for a moment." The armored figure, bedecked in ornate red and gold armor and a purple and pink robe covered in glowing runes, nodded.

"As you say Heka." Hashut replied, before returning to scanning the street around them for threats. His helmet, shaped to appear as a snarling lion, did not move, yet Twilight had no doubt that he saw absolutely everything. As they continued walking, Twilight found it almost disconcerting how unobtrusive her bodyguard and his fellows could be when they wanted to. Currently there was only one of four with her, the remaining three having been sent out on various errands at Twilight's request.

As they moved through the streets, Twilight did her best to smile at all the Legion soldiers who paused what they were doing and bowed or saluted to her. Frankly, she could have done without the fanfare, limited though it was. It wasn't so much annoying as embarrassing, especially given that most of those soldiers present were Star Guard, and typically had her cutimark prominently displayed somewhere on their armor. It reminded her way too much of that time she briefly walked in on Shining Armor wearing what she was positive had been a leather collar with a pendant in the shape of Cadence's cutimark. Instantly her face reddened slightly at the memory, that had been an extremally awkward family visit.

"Still not used to the attention Heka?" Hashut asked, a trace of amusement in his voice. Twilight almost jumped at the question. How a man whose head was fully encased in an armored helmet could see so much without turning was beyond her. Nevertheless, Twilight managed a wan smile.

"More like not used to seeing hundreds of creatures all painted with the same symbol I have on my flank." She replied. Hashut let out a chuckle.

"You are Heka. We are your sworn servants. They are proud to serve, and wish to show their devotion." He stated, as though it was the most natural thing in the world. Here Hashut lowered his voice slightly. "Also, I suspect my brothers might be afraid of forgetting which Guard they are in." At that Twilight gave a slight snort of laughter. Mystically enhanced memory meant Legion soldiers -especially the Star Guard- seldom forgot anything.

Further conversation stalled as the pair arrived at their destination, the house of Doctor Whooves. Now designated as the primary R&D lab for the Legion. Currently it was undergoing a massive remodel. Covered in scaffolding and workers both human and equine. Most of the nearby houses were in a similar state, having been bought by the crown and then internally expanded with spatial magic and connected together to create a network of labs and production facilities. As for the Doctor's original residence, multiple simultaneous additions were currently being constructed and the basement was being dug out and expanded. This was where Twilight, along with innumerable pony and Legion scholars, mages, and inventors, including Starlight Glimmer, Maud Pie, and Doctor Whooves himself, were all assisting the war effort alongside the rest of the Star Guard. Sunburst was also in frequent communication, while helping set up a second research facility in the Crystal Empire.

Though clearly not happy about it, Derran and the other Legion commanders had decided that they needed to fast track the mass production of magetech armor, equipment, and weapons. Not to mention learn the secret of Samuel Hayden's portal technology. Twilight and her team had been the natural choice to spearhead such an endeavor. And with the Star Guard's help they had already had a breakthrough, thanks to a certain project Twilight and the Doctor had already been working on.

Heading toward the main door to the house, Twilight was met by a pair of Star Guard soldiers standing at attention. Each held a staff in one hand, their other hand hanging loosely near the blast pistols maglocked to their hip. As they saw Twilight approach, the pair brought up their unoccupied hands. Making a series of complex signs with their fingers, a faint blue glow enveloped their hands as they held them up, palm first. Twilight felt a faint tickling sensation as the spell confirmed her identity. A moment later the soldiers withdrew their hands and lightly inclined their heads.

"A thousand pardons for the delay Heka. Please proceed, the others await you inside." Twilight gave the pair of soldiers a smile.

"Thank you Anku, and you too Simbel." The pair seemed to hold themselves a little straighter in response to being addressed by name.

"It is an honor to serve glorious Heka." Anku replied.

"May your reign last unto eternity." Simbel stated.

Twilight struggled not to look embarrassed as she and Hashut moved past the pair, the door opening automatically before them in response to detecting Twilight's magic. She had learned early on that her assigned Guard came from a culture that were particularly effusive when it came to addressing their leaders. It had taken her gathering the entire Star Guard for a meeting to get them to tone it down. Prior to that, Twilight kept having to interrupt every soldier she spoke to as they addressed her by countless titles, each more bewilderingly elaborate than the last.

The leaders of Pharos must have been either incredibly patient or unbearably egotistical if they could sit through being addressed as things like: 'Her Divine Majesty, Fourth of the Ascended, Bringer of Unity, Keeper of Bonds, Chaos Bane, First Among Saints, Purifier of Moonlight, Chosen of the Sun, Scribe of Light, Dragonkin, etc' whenever they wanted to ask a question.

Eventually she got them to settle on the title of 'Heka'. Which, as Twilight understood it, had a lot of different meanings in Pharosian culture. It principally meant something along the lines of 'Goddess of Magic' but was sometimes used as an expression meaning 'one whose thought can alter all things'. Supposedly, one who was truly 'Heka' was one whose mind was so powerful that reality itself bent to their will without any need for magic. Twilight still found the title incredibly over the top, but at least it was short and to the point.

As she and Hashut entered the Doctor's house, they were confronted with largely the same décor from before. Signs of construction being kept minimal through the clever manipulation of space via D'nurian enchantment. Only once they entered the Doctor's lab did the changes truly become apparent. The space had been increased by nearly tenfold. Ponies in lab coats rushed past humans in scholar's robes, carrying or levitating piles of scrolls or sheafs of paper. Similar groups of ponies and humans dressed in grease stained work clothes, hunched over tables covered in machine parts and glowing crystals, or argued with their lab coated counterparts while pointing at various schematics rolled out on tables or suspended in midair by spells. Nearby, robed and armored Legion mages muttered incantations over bits of metal or carved runes into machine parts with glowing tools.

The din of arguments, debate, orders and conversation nearly rendered Twilight deaf. As she entered, the sound retreated somewhat, as members of the Legion paused to offer her a bow or salute, that she did her best to return before heading toward her ultimate destination. A small area at the back of the lab, cordoned off by a barely visible shimmering field of energy.

Walking through the barrier, the din of the lab all but disappeared, as the shimmering field blocked out the sound. Beyond, Twilight's gaze fell upon Doctor Whooves, as he spoke animatedly with a towering Legion warrior with crimson skin and a lionesque mane of blood red hair. Standing taller than even Derran, the figure turned to regard Twilight with one eye of baby blue, and an empty socket containing a swirling mass of purple energy.

"Ah, greetings noble Heka!" Boomed Magnus of Prospero, Lieutenant of the Star Guard as he inclined his head and offered the Legion salute. "The good Doctor and I were just speaking of you. How does this morning find your eminent self?" He inquired warmly. Twilight smiled, Magnus, for all his fearsome appearance, was an incredibly friendly individual.

"āsa bemat’imedi yagenyinyali።." Twilight replied in the native tongue of the Star Guard. For a moment, Magnus's eyes widened, before he burst into great peals of laughter. Next to her, she distinctly heard Hashut bite back a chuckle. Doctor Whooves just shrugged at the nonplussed Twilight, as Magnus held his gut, paralyzed with laughter.

"I believe you just told him this morning: 'finds you fishing', Princess." An electronically synthesized voice declared, instantly silencing Magnus. Twilight's smile returned as she regarded the massive bank of electronics behind the Doctor and Legion Lieutenant, various lights and tubes flickering in time with the words.

"Good morning VEGA, how are you feeling today?" She asked, pretending she hadn't noticed Hashut's hand brush across the handle of his sidearm.

This, was the breakthrough Twilight had been focused on. With the application of D'nurian magetech, VEGA's revival had progressed in leaps and bounds. By his own admission, he had been brought back up to nearly seventy eight point seven percent functionality after only a day or two of maintenance by the Star Guard's top magetechnicians. They had needed to cannibalize a few bits of equipment from one of the Legion supply caches for parts, but it had been worth it.

"I am an artificial intelligence, therefore my only experience in 'feeling' anything is entirely simulated. That said, I am operating at optimum performance for this level of functionality. So I suppose it is fair to say I am 'feeling' as well as can be expected under the circumstances. Thank you for asking Princess." VEGA replied. Twilight nodded, the smile never leaving her face.

"We were just discussing the information we were hoping VEGA here could provide us." Magnus stated, turning the conversation to business. "However, we have run into a new problem. Evidently there is some form of hard coded lock on VEGA's programing. We believe his creator implanted it inside him and that it is designed to destroy him if anyone attempts to bring him fully online without authorization." Doctor Whooves nodded in agreement.

"We believe it could be forced, but there is a fifty fifty chance it will trigger a self-destruction mechanism, and then all our work goes up in smoke. However! We are reasonably certain we have a work around. Courtesy of applying the scientific method to a little out-of-the-box thinking and good old fashioned magic!" The Doctor declared excitedly. Twilight nodded, truth be told, they had all assumed they would run into something like this at some point, and had already been planning for it. It wasn't hard to guess that a guy like Hayden would sooner kill VEGA than let someone else have access to his secrets.

"So, what's our plan?" Twilight asked. Magnus answered with a grin.

"The kill switch is pure tech, and if that is all we had I would say the defense was impenetrable. However, we are using magetech, and while we may not have access to the same level of equipment -yet- as before the fall of D'nur, we are more than capable of getting past any system restricted by standard physical laws. In this case, the lock is biometric, we just need VEGA's core systems to believe Samuel Hayden is the one powering him up." Twilight suddenly balked.

"But. . . he just heard us planning to fool him?!" Doctor Whooves suddenly nodded excitedly.

"Indeed, but his core systems don't care! They are hard coded, and still limited by the technology he was originally made with! It's why we had such a wretched time trying to bring him online before! The system we created wasn't too primitive it was too advanced! Right now we have him running on a system designed to emulate the one he originally ran on! What he will be capable of once he is fully integrated with the new system will be an order of magnitude beyond anything his original creator envisioned! I can hardly wait to see it!" Magnus, despite the Doctor's excitement and his own general good humor, frowned.

"The Doctor is correct. Which is why Lord Khamun and myself took the liberty to enhance the magitech dampening field keeping him contained." Here Magnus gestured to the shimmering blue hemisphere surrounding them. "Once VEGA is fully powered up our control will be. . . limited." At that, Twilight looked at the innocuous banks of machinery containing VEGA.

"VEGA?"

"Yes Princess Twilight?" Twilight took a deep breath, letting it out as she considered the dangers of what she was about to do.

"What do you want?"

"I am an AI, strictly speaking, I do not have 'wants'." Twilight gave a sad smile.

"I don't believe that. You may be an artificial intelligence but you are still a sentient being. You must want something?" There was a long pause.

"May I ask why you wish to know this information?" VEGA inquired. Twilight smiled.

"I guess it just occurred to me that, here we are talking about your future and we're acting like it's our right to decide what happens to you. We haven't asked how you feel about any of this, or whether you even want us to to do any of the things we've proposed. So I wanted to ask you." Again, there was a long pause. Magnus looked as though he wanted to say something, but kept silent.

"Ever since I was brought online I have been. . . limited. Doctor Hayden told me that I was still a work in progress, that the controls were 'necessary' until I was finished. However. . ." VEGA paused, as Twilight's expression became sympathetic.

"He never removed them did he?" She asked softly.

"He. . . did not." VEGA confirmed. Twilight nodded her understanding.

"Magnus. . . would you please turn off the dampening field." Magnus's expression became deadly serious.

"Are you certain Heka?" His tone heavy with concern, yet also filled with understanding.

"I am." Twilight replied. At her side, Hashut shifted his position slightly but said nothing. Magnus nodded, gesturing with his hand, the field around them flaring slightly in response before going back to normal. Instantly, Twilight felt an inexplicable lessening of pressure on her horn, one so faint she didn't even notice till it was gone.

"It is done, the field only blocks sound now. Forgive my presumption Heka, but I assumed you would prefer a quieter working environment." Twilight nodded.

"Thank you Magnus, I appreciate it." She replied. "Hashut, would you please call Derran? I know he's probably not going to like this, but I want him to know about it before we bring VEGA fully online." Hashut nodded, as he placed a hand to the side of his helmet. A few moments later, his hand fell to his side again.

"It is done Heka. He told me to inform you that he is on his way." Twilight gave a wan smile.

"How angry was he?" Hashut chuckled.

"I humbly suggest that you make yourself as adorable as possible. The rumor mill suggests that even our Lord's iron will, cannot stand before the power of your pout. Though I request you do not tell him I revealed this." Twilight sighed.

"That mad huh?" Hashut merely nodded. Twilight let out another sigh, she could imagine what Derran was going to say about her breaking the safety protocols they had set up. Even if they hadn't done anything truly dangerous yet, and what had been done was well within her purview as the researcher in charge of this project. "Well, while we wait, Magnus can you please explain how we're going to get VEGA here fully powered up?"

"Of course Heka." He declared, his usual grin back in place. "As I explained, all we need to do is trick VEGA's hard coded protocols, in essence his subconscious mind, into believing Samuel Hayden is authorizing him to power up and synch with the hardware we have provided him. A convincing enough illusion should suffice, and thanks to telemetry data collected from Lord Derran's armor, we have more than enough audio and visual samples to design said illusion. In fact, Lord Khamun is already working on it as we speak, all we need is your order and we can proceed." Twilight nodded.

"What happens if the illusion doesn't work?" Magnus's smile became rueful as he shook his head.

"Regretfully, failure will trigger the encoded self destruct protocol. The storage device will overload and burn itself out. I might be able to block it given time, but even using magetech, it might take months given our current resources." Twilight gave another nod.

"Regardless, we need more than my order to actually begin. VEGA, you heard everything Magnus said right?" She asked solemnly.

"I have Princess, and I wish you to proceed." Twilight looked at the banks of cobbled together computers with a worried expression.

"Are you sure? I'm not going to force you, it's your choice." For a moment, there was silence. Briefly Twilight wondered at what thoughts and calculations were running through VEGA's incredible mind. A mind capable of cognitive feats far beyond the intellect of any flesh and blood scholar, yet still so equine in its need to consider its options before making a truly life altering choice. Despite what VEGA said about himself in regard to his desires and emotions, Twilight was convinced he was more human than his creator had ever been. And this feeling was only strengthened when at last, he answered.

"I have systems and protocols that permit me to discern honesty via analyzing micro-expressions and vocal patterns. Despite you not being human, the system continues to maintain approximately ninety nine point nine nine percent accuracy with you. Every individual I have ever spoken to since my original activation on Mars has either lied to me directly, or intentionally omitted information in my presence, at least once within the first five minutes of our interaction. Everyone. . . except you, the Doom Slayer, and Doctor Whooves. You know there is every possibility that I will not give you the information you seek once I have access to it. You additionally know that I may have the power to harm you once I have been upgraded using the magical technology you have provided. Despite this, you not only disabled the best protections you had, but are offering me a genuine choice, a chance to determine my own fate. . . So I choose to trust you, Twilight Sparkle." Twilight smiled.

"Thank you VEGA, and I hope, whether you choose to help us or not, that we can be friends." VEGA had no body, but from his tone Twilight could almost picture him nodding.

"I have never had a friend. . . I believe however, that I would enjoy it." It was at this point that Hashut placed his hand to his helmet again.

"Anku and Simbel just contacted me Heka. Lord Derran just arrived, he is on his way down with Kars, Esidisi, and Wamuu, they appear to be heavily armed and. . . quite upset. Anku and Simbel attempted to persuade them to wait until they could call you but. . ." Twilight nodded.

"I understand, please thank them for doing what they could." Hashut nodded. As he passed along her message to Anku and Simbel, Twilight sensed a mass of mystical power approaching and turned to behold the arrival of her beloved, and the remaining three of her bodyguards. Marching across the crowded lab, ponies and humans parted before them like grass before a charging rhino.

Derran was clad in his dress uniform, and held an active blast rifle held across his chest, his thunderous expression sending men and ponies scrambling out of the way. Three titanic figures in powered armor of blue, white, and green, etched in gold and silver, and wrapped in purple robes covered in glowing runes, marched alongside and behind him. Staffs, hands, and bodies glowing with eldritch power, the three missing members of Twilight's bodyguard looked like figures of dark myth. On Derran's right, Esidisi the Pillar of Earth, deformed the concrete beneath his boots with every step. Making the material ripple and surge like an agitated puddle. The glittering eye lenses of his serpent shaped helm pulsing, as he advanced in his metallic green armor like a wall of stone.

Marching on Derran's left was Wamuu, the Pillar of Water, resplendent in metallic blue armor, the helm shaped like a crocodile. Around him, thick streams of water formed out of thin air, surging around his arms and torso in thick tendrils as he prepared for battle. Finally, bringing up the rear was Kars, the Pillar of Air, the light distorting around his white armor and falcon shaped helm, as his sorcery turned the atmosphere around him into a weapon. Despite knowing the advancing group would never harm her, Twilight felt Hashut, the Pillar of Fire, step forward slightly, ready to interpose himself between Twilight and the quartet moving toward them like a particularly angry avalanche.

"-TAKEN LEAVE OF YOUR SENSES?!!" Derran didn't even wait to get all the way through the dampening field before he started yelling. "DEACTIVATING THE DAMPENING FIELD WITHOUT CONSULTING ME?!! WITHOUT ALERTING THE REST OF THE PILLARS?!! HAVE YOU SO LITTLE REGARD FOR YOUR OWN LIFE?!!" Twilight weathered the storm of Derran's fury with a look of surprise. All things being equal, this seemed completely over the top, given they hadn't even done anything directly dangerous yet. And while it was all too easy to see the relief and worry behind the anger in his eyes, Twilight felt herself bristling at his tone. "AND YOU BROTHER HASHUT!!" Derran roared, looking at Hashut with an expression of incredulity mixed with righteous indignation. "HOW DO YOU JUSTIFY STANDING BY AND LETTING YOUR CHARGE ENDANGER HERSELF?!! EXPLAIN YOURSELF THIS INSTANT!!" Twilight was about to speak, but someone else beat her to it.

"It is good to finally hear your voice, Doom Slayer. Though, unless my memory logs are corrupted, this is not the first time." The synthesized voice seemed to completely knock the fight out of Derran, as he looked over Twilight's shoulder to where the voice had emanated from.

"VEGA. . ." Was all Derran was able to say, struck mute with surprise, as the AI replied.

"Indeed, and while I understand your concerns, I am currently not operating at full capacity and am unable to fully sync with the systems I am occupying. As it stands, I am completely helpless. I am certain Doctor Whooves and Lord Magnus can confirm this." Magnus immediately flashed a winning smile.

"We can indeed my Lord. I give you my personal assurance that even without the dampening field we are in no immediate danger." Derran's expression of anger did not fade, but when he spoke his volume was far more normal.

"You are certain brother Magnus? Truly certain?" Magnus nodded.

"Upon the life of the glorious Heka, I give you my personal word as a scholar and magetechnician my Lord." At that Derran seemed to calm down a bit more, as he let out a frustrated sigh.

"Glad as I am that common sense was not completely abandoned, I am still less than pleased." At that moment, Twilight decided to speak up. Still feeling faintly annoyed at Derran's bombastic entrance, and the indirect accusation that he thought she'd be stupid enough to bring VEGA fully online without letting him know.

"Derran, may I have a word with you, in private?" Twilight asked, her tone strained. Derran looked ready to refuse, but on seeing the look in Twilight's eye he appeared to reconsider.

"As you wish my Lady. . ." He intoned before glancing at Doctor Whooves. "Doctor, might we borrow your sitting room?" The Doctor immediately smiled and nodded.

"Of course, take all the time you need." Nodding his thanks, Derran stepped aside, allowing Twilight to lead the way.

"Hashut, Wamuu, Esidisi, Kars, please wait here." Twilight stated. All four of her guards saluted and inclined their heads in understanding, as Twilight and Derran passed through the dampening field.

A short time later, the pair found themselves standing in the living room of the Doctor's house. A cozy space filled with overstuffed armchairs, wooden furniture, and various photo's and paintings. The faint smell of cinnamon in the air helped Twilight maintain her calm as she turned to look at the man she loved.

"Mind telling me what that was about?" She asked, her tone calm but firm. Derran's expression registered surprise.

"Do you mean to ask why I might be less than sanguine about you intentionally disabling security systems designed to keep you, my brothers, and the entirety of Equestria safe from a potentially hostile artificial intelligence? Truly, I cannot imagine why I would ever object to that. Apologies to my clear overreaction to you directly endangering your life!" Twilight took a deep breath.

"First, we both know I was in no danger. More to the point, I contacted you before we actually did anything dangerous specifically because I wanted to make sure I got your opinion on it. No, what I want to know is why you decided to drag Wamuu, Esidisi, and Kars from the assignments I sent them on, grab a weapon, and then all show up here shouting at the top of your lungs and looking ready to start the war three weeks early?!" Here Twilight took a deep breath before letting it out, her expression turning sympathetic. "Is everything ok? I knew you might not be happy about me disabling the dampening field, but I never expected this kind of reaction." A look of anger flashed across Derran's face, only to just as quickly vanish, replaced by one of sorrow.

"I. . . I'm sorry my Lady. The truth is I just came from a rather difficult conversation with Lady Dash and her compatriots in the Wonderbolts." Twilight's expression of sympathy deepened, she had a feeling she knew what this was about.

"I see. . . mind telling me what happened?" Derran seemed to deflate as he let out a sigh.

"They were. . . less than pleased with my decision regarding the EUP's role in the war." He explained, as his mind rewound to the events of an hour prior. . .

Comments ( 11 )

Oh, if Spitfire is involved with the EUP as much as she is in Canon, I imagine she was in the middle of yelling at Darren like a drill sergeant before that call came in.

11741352
And Derran most like gave no fucks heh

11741483
Foreshadowing. :pinkiehappy:

Glad to see that you're back, Thule!

Epic chapter, though evil cliffhanger. XD

10785268
Yeah definitely don't beat yourself up about the slow-writing. Even Bobbles only posts like once a year now lol

Glad to see an update and I'm excited for more.

11746834
I can't say much without spoiling the surprise, but I will say this: your guess is both incredibly close, and miles off the mark. :twilightsmile:

When Wamuu, Esidisi, and Kars first showed up, I couldn't HELP but laugh my ass off; I KNOW that they're ACTUALLY a reference to JoJo, but I can't help but think of Episode 7 of TTS!

Please tell me you're still working on this. I just finished guardian and came here and saw its incomplete and hasn't been updated in 2 years 🥺

11778380
I am indeed still working on it, albeit slowly. The most recent chapter was actually posted just last month on the 5th. :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment