• Published 5th Jan 2013
  • 2,416 Views, 18 Comments

You will never guess what happens to Equestria! Story One. - emdefmek



Strange UFOs are orbiting Equestria and Princess Luna is trying to figure out why.

  • ...
4
 18
 2,416

Chapter Five: Drop the Base

Base Surge - A fluidized mass of turbulent gas and solid fragments which is ejected during a Nuclear Explosion, some Volcanic Eruptions and Impact Events.

A wall of of debris travelling at who knows what was rushing towards Ponyville. Whatever Celestia was about to say didn’t much matter right now.

Some ponies freaked out, some ran, some.. like Luna just stood or sat there too terrified or in shock to move. The only pony who seemed to have any sense was Celestia.

She went into the center of the town square, and did something she hadn't done in centuries.

She shouted in the royal canterlot voice “ALL PONIES TO THE SQUARE, NOW!”

At once all the chaos, least the chaos caused by the ponies stopped. All immediately gathered at the square. Even the ones to scared to move, including Luna calmly packed themselves into the town square.

Celestia moved herself through the crowd to face the oncoming surge of debris. She steadied herself and focused her magic. A massive golden force field covered the square, shielding all ponies inside.

It seemed as though time moved slowly as the wall slammed into Ponyville and hammered the force field. Celestia tooked the impact as if it was an attack on her own body. She reared up on her hind legs and came back down on all fours. Digging her hooves into the pavestone, every muscle of her body straining to keep the force field up as trees turned rockets, boulders turn bombs, and all manner of debris slammed into it. All that Luna and the rest could do was cower and pray that Celestia would save them.

As soon as it had started, it ended. The wind died down, and soon enough all the ponies could see the destruction that had been wrought around them.

Exhausted Celestia’s force field vanished, she went down on her knees, blood dribbling from her ears, nose and mouth, covered in sweat. She fell over on her side, unconscious.

Dust enveloped the square and choked the ponies in it. It caked in Luna’s eyes and clogged her throat, she used her foreleg to clean out her eyes and hacked up muddy spit. Shortly the dust settled and Luna and the others could see again. She looked around to see an alien world.

The windows that were not shattered by the initial shock wave were gone. Houses and other buildings were wrecks, shingles blown away, a couple nearly ready to collapse, one had a tree lodged in it.


In the distance where the Everfree Forest was.. or use to be, was something that should of only been a nightmare dreamscape. A combination of the hazy evening sun and raging forest fire turned the sky into a smokey, blood coloured vista. The ship or what was left of it, looked like the eldritch spire built by a mad king, leaning to a side with pieces of it hanging off like wind chimes. Everywhere else was a hazy orange wasteland that could only come from the deepest of nightmares. All she could hear of the roaring of the fires.

She then saw her sister, during her site seeing other ponies saw Celestia collapse on the ground and went to her aid. Luna rushed over seeing her sister in distress, she nuzzled her trying to get a response, Celestia was out cold.

Luna looked around, Celestia needed to get inside to get medical treatment and rest, but all the buildings she saw were practically destroyed. Just as Luna was despairing at the thought have having to move Celestia all the way back to Canterlot she heard Twilight and her friends rush up to her and Celestia. Twilight looked close to tears when Luna remembered the Library.

Before Twilight could fully absorb the scene Luna asked her about the Library.

“I.. I don't know. Everything is in chaos.”

“Where is it Twilight? We need to get Celestia inside. It’s the largest and most durable building here. It’s the best place at the moment and from the looks of it the Hospital will be packed if it is still functional.”

“Oh.. um yeah. It’s just down this street. It might of been protected by Princess Celestia’s shield” Twilight said in a monotone.

EIther Twilight was in shock or she was trying to keep a straight face, whether for herself or for Luna, Celestia and everypony in Ponyville.

Luna formed a levitating bubble around Celestia and began to lift her up. However she couldn't lift her up more than a few inches. Luna realized that she had been up for nearly 2 days, and Celestia was already a very large pony to carry. She was about to get help when a large litter slid under Celestia. Applejack and Pinkie took up the litter with Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy take the sides.

They slowly made their way up to the Library, Luna started to follow but felt Rarity and Twilight helping her along. She must have looked worse than she felt. She just sort of let them take her up to the Library.

The tree the library was in was mostly undamaged. Once inside Twilight brought up her spare bed and lined it up with her own and floated Celestia onto the now super sized bed. There wasn't any room for Luna, but she didn’t care. She laid down on a rug and almost instantly fell asleep.
At some point she felt a cold spot moving around her body and a hoof touching her. At some point Twilight sent a doctor to check on her, she groggily opened her eyes and saw the Doctor looking her over, she had a blanket covering her. She couldn't see Celestia. The Doctor looked filthy and exhausted. He must of decided she was ok enough because he walked off to go do.. something else.

Several hours later she woke up, trying to get up she felt very stiff from sleeping on the hard floor for who knows how long. After stretching and getting all the kinks out she went up to the bedroom to see Celestia.

Celestia was asleep, covered in bandages with a sleep mask on, snoring softly. Luna was relieved to see she was in more or less good shape. She turned her attention to the window and peer out on the town.

The town was in chaos, or at least organized chaos. Daylight was shining through the dark cloud cover, and it was snowing.. No, that wasn’t snow, it was ash.

She saw most of the buildings had their roofs and windows covered over with wood planks, or sheets if wood was not to be found. Ponies that were outside were covered up to protect themselves from the ash. Luna went down and out of the Library, there was a thin layer of ash on the ground with hoof prints all over, from there she could see the Everfree Forest burning with dark angry smoke rolling up from it and the Ship towering ominously over all, in fact she could not see the top through the smoke.

Somepony she didn't know who saw her and rushed over. He levitated a scarf and goggles over to her from his saddle bags and told her to put them on. He didn't seem to care about manners in regards to royalty, he had much more important things on his mind.

“You need to get over to the Town Hall, Princess Luna!” he said. “Mayor Mare and Twilight are organizing the rescue operations but they you to get the other towns to help them.”

He point over to the Town Hall, which looked like it was about to collapse. He gestured her to go there and apologized for his behavior. She thanked him and forgave him. She galloped over and went inside.

Mayor Mare, Twilight, and some other ponies Luna did not know where gathered around a map, with papers everywhere. They didn’t even notice her enter.

As she walked up she overheard that they were trying to figure out how to stop the ash. She cleared her throat and everypony turned to see her.

In all of their eyes she saw something that she had seen aimed at Celestia so many times, relief. Relief in the fact that somepony superior to them was around to take the burden of leadership away from them. She knew that was her responsibility, and accepted it.

Looking at the map and papers she felt this was something she could handle. She looked to Mayor Mare and asked in a tone of authority “Well? How have things been handled in my and my sister’s absence?”

“Ahem, well Twilight’s been the one who has organized the relief and rescue efforts. She has a talent for organization.” Mayor Mare said with what Luna felt like as a passing of the buck.

She turned to Twilight who looked exhausted with hair completely messing and asked “Well Twilight, I know you’ve been very busy, but could you give me a report on what has been done?”

“Well..” Twilight said nervously “We managed to get mostly of the houses and shopped patched up enough so that Ponies could stay in them. That was our first concern.”

She continued “Applejack, and Big Macintosh have donated their entire stock of apples from their apple cellar to help feed any ponies who have lost their stores of food.”

“Good” Luna said approvingly.

“However, we've been having some problems with securing water. All the ash has muddied up the river and the wells running low.”

“Also there is the problem with the fire in Everfree Forest, we need to stop it but we barely have enough water for ourselves.”

“Has anypony tried to reach Cloudsdale to get them to produce rain?” Luna asked.

“Of course!” Twilight said. “Rainbow Dash has tried twice to reach Cloudsdale, but the smoke is too thick. She is in the Hospital recovering from smoke inhalation. Other Pegasii have tried with no luck.”

“By the time Cloudsdale notices the fire the forest will be gone, maybe even Ponyville!” Somepony shouted.

“Yes, which is why we have been making plans to evacuate ponies to Canterlot if you or Princess Celestia didn’t wake up. But now that you are awake you can help us!” Twilight said hopefully.

Luna suddenly felt the full weight that leadership brought with it. She suddenly knew what Celestia had to deal with everyday since the beginning of Equestria.

She didn’t know if she could handle it. Outside the forest continued to burn with the Ship looming over like some Dark Tower from where nightmares are from.

Comments ( 4 )

Didn't this have a different title last time it updated?

2386428

Yes, I changed the title because I felt it was too foreshadowing.

Why did you cancel it! This story has something good going for it!

4113571 Huh this coment was posted exactly two years and five days ago.

Login or register to comment