• Published 5th Jan 2013
  • 2,416 Views, 18 Comments

You will never guess what happens to Equestria! Story One. - emdefmek



Strange UFOs are orbiting Equestria and Princess Luna is trying to figure out why.

  • ...
4
 18
 2,416

Chapter One: Luna’s Space Blimp.

Location: Luna’s tower, Canterlot Castle, Canterlot, Equestria.

Luna sat on her balcony and stared at the night sky, like she did every night. If it wasn’t this it was watching over little fillies and colts as they dreamed, which with the exception of the occasional nightmare was rather boring.

3 years after her return things were pretty much back to normal for her. Nopony mistook her for Nightmare Moon, nopony feared her, in fact everypony loved her and she them. Her habit of using the Royal Canterlot Voice was pretty much gone, and she was getting use to everyday life in the Royal Canterlot Court.

All that changed about a year ago. Well, for her at least, everypony else didn’t noticed the difference, of course they didn’t, they didn’t stare at the night sky as intently as she did. Nopony noticed anything odd about the strange object floating in the night sky. One night it wasn’t there, the next it was. It wasn’t a natural object, meteors and shooting stars didn’t just sit idly and stars didn’t just appear out of nowhere, she kept track of all of them.

She went to her telescope to get a better view of the thing. After some adjustment it was in her sight. The thing must of been huge, at least as large as Canterlot Castle, if not larger. It was also pretty ugly, it was a drab gray cylinder. Some called it a Space Blimp as it looked similar to the blimps used in Equestria by wealthy or adventurous ponies. To be honest it looked like the most depressing vibrator ever. Luna blushed and tried to forget the filthy analogy, which succeeded in failing.

But seriously, when it first appeared it caused quite a stir when she informed Tia about it. Eventually word got around and everypony was staying up late to catch a glimpse of the thing. Ponies all across Equestria began to wonder what it was and what its arrival meant. Celestia and Luna were clueless, sure they had some influence on the sun and the moon, but that didn’t mean they controlled every object in space. After a couple weeks when nothing else happened everypony grew bored and went back to do whatever it is they did late at night.

And it had been like that for nearly a year. Luna wondered why anypony, or anything would think it was a good idea to come to another planet and just sit there in orbit. She had been watching the thing every night and never saw it change. She figured it would move around, or something... She tried to remember what she read in those Daring Do books about aliens from outer space.. oh right, they kidnapped poor innocent mares to run devious experiments on and enslaved brave stallions to labor in their crystal mines, at least until Daring Do showed up and kicked the flanks of everything in sight.


Luna didn’t give the pulp novel much weight, it was probably written to get old mares hot and bothered. Aliens which were wise enough to move across the stars had better things to do than menace ponies... But what were those better things? She figured they were watching the planet, and her ponies, but for what reason?

“Lulu?” The familiar voice came from the balcony door.

Luna turned around to see her coming up to sit beside her.

“Oh, hey Tia. What are you doing up?”

“I couldn’t sleep, and the there wasn’t any leftover cake in the Kitchens,” Celestia said as she leaned over to look into Luna’s telescope.

“Oh how ever will you maintain your plump physique,” Luna said as Celestia’s butt came within Luna’s personal space.

“Very funny, Lulu,” Celestia said as she gave Luna a disapproving look. “So anything new with our visitor?”

Both turned their heads up to gaze at the thing.

“Nope, it just sitting up there, doing nothing.”

“Well, it has to be doing something, otherwise why would it be here?”

“It’s not doing anything that I’ve noticed.”

“It’s probably just watching us.”

Luna turned to her sister, “Funny, I was having the same thought. You think it might have some nefarious plans?”

“Lulu, you need to take a break from all those Daring Do stories, I know you picked them up because Twilight raves about them, but don’t forget they are just works of-”

Luna cut her off. “Sister I know, I’m not a little filly anymore. I was just wonder what your thoughts were.”

“Hmm” Celestia considered this. “I think they are watching us and trying to figure out what to do next.”

“What to do next? They?” Luna asked. Luna suspected it had to have been a ship of some kind, but never thought that any other pony considered that possibility.
“Yeah, It came here for a reason. I do not know what that is, but I don’t think they were expecting to find us here.”

“Which may be why it’s been sitting here for a year.. doing nothing.”

“Oh they are doing something, they are trying to figure out what to do next.”
Celestia then gave a long deep yawn. “Well sis, I think I’ve finally exhausted myself. I’m going back to bed.”

“Alright, Good Night, Tia” Luna said as Celestia was going back inside.

“Night, Lulu”

Luna turned back to the sky and gave the Space Blimp a long hard look.

“What are you going to do, when you finally figure that out?”

The Space Blimp replied, a strange blue glow emanated from one end and grew brighter. It then began to stretch from the other end. Luna was awestruck, she had to check herself to make sure she wasn’t asleep and dreaming herself. It stretched further and further to the light of one of the gas giants in the Sun’s outer orbit, then suddenly in a beam of brilliant blue it vanished.