• Published 22nd Aug 2012
  • 810 Views, 3 Comments

New Slang - Closer-To-The-Sun



Taking place a two years after "Over The Hills And Far Away", the blue colt has gotten close to Pinkie Pie. However, will he do anything special for her?

  • ...
4
 3
 810

Ch. 5 I Know There's An Answer

Chapter 5: I Know There's An Answer

A few days later, Pinkie Pie and Rob joined Twilight Sparkle, along with the rest of her friends, in Canterlot for Shining Armor's wedding to Princess Cadence. The wedding went off without a single issue. From cuisine to the reception, and from the dresses to the sonic rainboom at the end, the wedding was a wonderful success.

Rob, who felt a bit out of place at the fancy reception, did manage to go up and congratulate Shining Armor, "Hey, congratulations, Captain Shining Armor."

The white unicorn turned to see the blue stallion, dressed formally, "Thanks, and also thanks for coming to my bachelor party the other day. It was really great to get to know you, and I'm sure some of the other guys really liked having you around. You sure can play a mean game of cards." Shining Armor used his hoof to friendly jab Rob.

The blue pony laughed, "Well, I try to give it my best, no matter what it is."

"And that's what I like about you. Even if Spike gets mad at you winning," the unicorn laughed as well, "I noticed you seem a bit tense here. Fancy gatherings not your thing?"

"Well, it's not that. I guess it's just the atmosphere of the wedding is a bit….odd for me right now," Rob admitted with a slightly crestfallen expression.

"Is it because of a mare?" Armor didn't wait for a reply, "It may seem unusual coming from a colt that just got married, but marriage is something that is in it's own right a big deal. The word alone worried me just the other day, and everything about it was new, strange, and intimidating. But when I remember the reason why I wanted to get married. And with her, everything seemed just fine. It's among its own type of magic. I hope that you can experience soon."

Rob smiled at the unicorn's words, "I do, too. Thanks, Shining Armor."

"Not a problem. Now if you can excuse me, I can see that Cadence is signaling to me. See you around," the newly wedded groom bid farewell to his new friend.

Rob waved to Shining Armor as he trotted away. He, however, didn't noticed another pony bouncing up behind him.

"Hiya, Robbie!" the happy voice beamed.

The stallion's body jolted slightly in surprise before it turned to the pink pony, "Hey, Pinkie Pie. Haha, I can never get used to that."

Pinkie giggled, "So what'cha doing?"

"I was just talking to Shining Armor, congratulating him and what not."

"Okey dokey!"

Rob looked at the royal couple from a far before continuing, "You know, seeing them just so happy makes me wonder if my wedding will be just as magical."

Wrapping her front limbs around the blue pony, Pinkie Pie giggled again, "Don't worry, Robbie, our wedding will be just as magical!"

He quickly turned his head to the pink pony, "Wait, does that mean yo-"

"Yup yup yup!"

END

Comments ( 2 )

Man, I feel a little bad for AJ, I wish they had ended up together. Still, good story :pinkiesmile:

Login or register to comment