• Published 23rd Feb 2020
  • 5,012 Views, 382 Comments

Regression: Isekai of Equestria - JackofEquestria



Jack was once a rising senior at CCU, but now he and a large chunk of South Carolina have been sent to Equestria and to top it off he's been turned into a 7-year-old.

  • ...
61
 382
 5,012

PreviousChapters Next
Prologue Chapter 3 (Last Edited: 3/17/2022)

June 4, 2020

Santee National Wildlife Refuge

Fluttershy rushed toward the smoke, thinking only about helping the animals escape the flames. When she arrived at the source, she was surprised to find that there was only a small fire held at bay by a circle of rocks. However, even more surprising was what was tending to the fire. A small ape-like creature with fur only at the top of its head, covered in clothes, was using the fire to cook fish.

“E-excuse me, what are you?” Fluttershy asked timidly.

The ape looked around in confusion. “Who said that? Is someone else here?”

"I d-did," Fluttershy answered.

The ape stared at her in horror and slowly backed away. “Y-you just talked! How can you talk?”

Fluttershy then gave the creature a look of confusion. “Why wouldn’t I be able to talk?”

“BECAUSE HORSES DON’T TALK!” it yelled. "THEY DON'T GOT NO GOD DAMN WINGS EITHER!"

Fluttershy flinched at this but tried to reason with it. “I-I’m a p-pegasus, and I've always been able to talk."

The ape took off running, yelling about how this was impossible. Fluttershy thought about running after it, but then she remembered what Twilight said.

"I found something," Fluttershy said quietly.

There was a flash, and the remainder of the Mane Six were teleported in front of her.

“What did you find, Fluttershy?” asked Twilight.

"After walking around the forest for a little while, I noticed smoke. I thought there must be a fire, so I went to save the animals, but when I arrived at the source of the smoke, I found that there wasn't any forest fire," explained Fluttershy.

"If there wasn't a fire, then what caused the smoke?" asked Twilight.

"Oh, well, there was a fire; it just wasn't a forest fire. When I arrived, I found a strange ape-like creature cooking fish over a campfire," Fluttershy elaborated.

“You called us here because of some stupid ape?” Rainbow Dash asked in irritation.

"Rainbow Dash, if this ape was using fire to cook, that would imply it's intelligent," said Twilight. "Fluttershy, is there anything else you can tell us about this ape?” she asked.

"Well, it was wearing clothes and could speak Equestrian," Fluttershy explained.

“Did you say it was wearing clothes?” asked Rarity.

“Why does that matter?” asked Rainbow Dash.

“While I was exploring, I came across several clothing stores with the most adorable outfits. However, I noticed that none of the clothes were designed to fit ponies and when Fluttershy mentioned that the ape was wearing clothes, I realized that the clothes I saw would fit perfectly on an ape," explained Rarity.

"I noticed several ape-shaped clothes as well when I was investigating my target," added Twilight. "Is there anything else you can tell us, Fluttershy?”

"Well, it seemed surprised that I could speak," Fluttershy replied.

"Why would that surprise it?" Pinkie Pie inquired. "You're a full-grown pony. Of course you can speak!"

"Hold up," Applejack interrupted. "Now, this could jus' be a coincidence, but when Ah was investigatin' mah target, Ah came across a couple of sheep an' horses, but none of 'em could talk. It was as if they were jus' animals."

"I have a theory about what's happening here, but I'll need to talk to this ape to confirm it," said Twilight as she turned back to Fluttershy. "Do you think you could find it again?”

“WAIT A MINUTE!” shouted Rainbow Dash.

"What is it, Rainbow Dash?" asked Twilight.

“This thing could be dangerous! When I was exploring my target area, I found military uniforms. What if there's a whole army of these apes getting ready to invade Equestria?” asked Rainbow Dash.

Twilight thought about this for a moment."I think that if an army were getting ready to invade Equestria, we would have seen it by now. Still, you have a point about it possibly being dangerous, so I think it'd be best if you went after it."

“Radical! Just point me in the right direction, Fluttershy!” shouted Rainbow Dash.

"Um, he went that way," said Fluttershy, pointing west.

As soon as Fluttershy pointed, Rainbow Dash zoomed westward. It didn’t take her long to end up at a clearing with a plaque and a hill, and on that hill, she saw it. However, the element of surprise was not in her favor, and it didn't take the ape long to spot her from atop the hill.

“GO AWAY!” it shouted down to her.

Rainbow Dash was not about to take demands. “LISTEN APE, WE CAN EITHER DO THIS THE EASY WAY OR THE HARD WAY!” she shouted back.

"FUCK OFF!" it shouted, extending a middle finger to the sky.

"The hard way it is then," Rainbow Dash muttered to herself.

Rainbow Dash took to the sky and divebombed the ape, but it dodged before she could hit it. Undeterred, she went around for another divebomb. She failed to notice the ape reaching into its pocket and dove straight at it. This time the ape stood its ground.

It looks like this thing's going to put up a fight this time," Rainbow Dash thought, grinning in delight.

As soon as she made contact, she felt an excruciating pain in her left wing.

“AHHHH!” she screamed in agony.

She turned to her wing and saw the ape's hand jabbing a bloody knife into her. Turning back to the ape, she could see she had it pinned. Bashing a hoof into its face, she knocked it out cold.

Several Minutes Later

As Jack slowly came to, he could hear six female voices arguing over something.

“This thing is dangerous! I say we call the Royal Guard and have it sent to the dungeons in Canterlot!” a tomboyish voice argued.

“You scared it! It only hurt you in self-defense!” argued a more feminine voice.

“Fluttershy, darling, you can't be serious! Did you see what it did to Rainbow Dash’s wing? It’s utterly barbaric!” argued a snobbish voice.

"Maybe we should listen to its side of the story before judgin'," suggested a voice with a southern accent.

"That's right, Fluttershy said it could talk after all!" said an overly excited, extremely annoying voice that made Jack want to barf.

“Um, Girls? It’s waking up!” said a voice that reminded Jack of Tara Strong.

Jack opened his eyes. Trying to move, he was met with little success. Looking down, he saw he was tied to a tree. When he looked up, he saw six multi-colored ponies staring at him.

“Let me go!” he shouted.

“Not on your life!” shouted the tomboyish pony who attacked him earlier.

"Rainbow Dash, let me handle this," said the Tara Strong sounding pony.

“My name is Twilight Sparkle. These are my friends Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie. We have no intention of hurting you, but I'd like to know why you stabbed Rainbow Dash," she said to Jack.

"She attacked me, so I defended myself," Jack replied, avoiding eye contact.

"I'm sorry to hear that. I promise she won't attack you again," Twilight said. “I have several more questions for you if that’s all right.”

“Sure, ask away," said Jack, still refusing to look his captor in the eye.

“What’s your name?” asked Twilight Sparkle.

"Jack Delano Jager, but most people just call me Jack," he replied.

"Ok, Jack! What exactly are you?" Twilight inquired.

“I'm a human,” Jack answered.

"Amazing, a mythical creature like a human would support my hypothesis that this land was brought from another dimension," thought Twilight.

"Are you a male or a female?" asked Twilight. "Or are your species hermaphrodites?"

"I'm male, and my species is almost entirely male or female," explained Jack. "Although in some cases hermaphrodites are born, so I guess that's a valid sex."

"One last question," said Twilight. "How old are you?"

"I'm 21 years old, a young adult by my species standards," said Jack.

"An adult? That can't be right. He sounds like a colt. I better verify this," Twilight thought as she cast a spell designed to determine the age of living things.

"According to the age verification spell I just cast, you are only 7 years old," said Twilight before being interrupted by Rainbow Dash.

"Why'd you lie, Jack, if that’s even your real name! Admit it! You’re a spy sent here to test our defenses!” Rainbow Dash accused, getting up in Jack’s face.

"RAINBOW DASH!" Twilight scolded. "Let him explain."

"It may be hard to believe, but yesterday I was a full-grown man. I drove through a strange light, and suddenly I was a kid again, and everyone else was gone," Jack explained.

“Why should we believe you?” asked Rainbow Dash.

"Because he's tellin' the truth," said Applejack.

"Are you sure, Applejack?" asked Twilight.

“Yes, Ah’m positive he’s bein' honest," Applejack confirmed.

"You've gotta be kidding me!" Rainbow Dash shouted in frustration. "He won't even look any of us in the eye! How can you possibly say he's telling the truth?"

"Because Ah can tell he ain't lyin'," Applejack answered, tilting her Stetson.

"I trust your judgment on this, Applejack," Twilight said. Placing a hoof to her chin, the unicorn thought about what to do next, "Alright girls, there's only one thing we can do. We need to bring him to Canterlot."

“What about the mission?” asked Pinkie.

"I doubt we'll be finding anything more important than Jack here; it's best we get him to the princess so she can figure out what to do next," answered Twilight.

With that, the Mane Six returned to Canterlot with Jack.

Author's Note:

In all honesty, I'm in a bit of legal trouble right now so. It may be a while before I update this story. Nothing's certain at the moment, but I did something stupid while driving, and depending on how things go, I may end up in jail for a few months, or I'll just get fined. Either way, my insurance company is going to kill me.
Next time: Celestia decides what to do with Jack.

PreviousChapters Next