• Published 7th Aug 2012
  • 2,059 Views, 43 Comments

Reawakening - Scorched Beats



After a rescue mission becomes a mission of discovery what will Twilight find herself in this time.

  • ...
7
 43
 2,059

Fearful Eyes

Author's Note:

Ok, took a deep breath and started 'er up again. Not my best work but I figure something is better than nothing right?

EDIT: Revamped this chapter. I felt guilty making it so short and all. So have more words! TAKE THEM! TAKE MORE WORDS!

"Twilight... Uh... Twilight! Wake up!" Fluttershy shakily spoke while nudging twilight, "I think it is waking up!" There is a sputter and cough from across the room where the previously unconscious creature was waking up. Twilight snapped awake.

"Wha did ya just say?" She slurs out quickly after waking up.

"The creature we saved is waking up!" Fluttershy says a little excited, "I managed to save him!" There was a loud gasp almost immediately after. When Twilight turns to follow Fluttershy's gaze she sees the now upright figure twist what must have been its expression into something of shock and horror. That can't be good.

It leaps up off of the sofa and starts to flee, dashing for the door. Despite moving on only two legs it moved with grace and agility right out of the now fully open door pursued by a notebook wielding Twilight.

I can't lose it now! After all that has happened I am not going to lose it now! She redoubles her efforts to speed up, moving her less than athletic legs into overdrive. The lavender pony starts to gain on the now slowing creature, foot by foot the gap closes. Giving up to its fate it drops to the ground with a wheeze, quickly rambling off in a strange yet slightly familiar language. Twilight notes this.

"Omigosh! Is it ok?" Fluttershy asks catching up to her friend and the now cowering mass on the forest floor.

"I don't know... but I think it tried to communicate to me!" Twilight says half-mindedly while the other half manages cramming the now mostly filled notebook with all possible data she can squeeze out of the situation.

"Do you know what it said?" Flutters asks, taking a slow step towards the aforementioned being which cringed at the motion.

"No, I figure if I attempt a telepathic link I will be able to roughly communicate enough to understand though. Here goes nothing." She declares more to herself, seemingly unaware of the other mare next to her. She powers up her horn and is sucked into the void.

I will never get used to that. Twilight thinks as she recovers the disorienting process of entering another's mind. Around her things are foggy and darting about, a state of confusion. Images of the individual's past flicker in front of her, darting in and out of sight, moving much too fast for clear observation. Ok just need to show that we mean it no harm. No use in leaving it to freak out all the time.

Twilight projects as many thoughts of her friends and herself, warm friendly thoughts. She thinks about first meeting them and all of there adventures since. These images and concepts fade into existence a little in front of her and are whisked off to join the rest of the darting thoughts. Might have over killed it but I hope it understands the meaning. The stream of consciousness around her slows down, as the creature calms. There is a long period of inactivity as it seems to mull over her projected memories and thoughts. Eventually she sends a collage of thoughts attempting to communicate that she has entered its thoughts quite literally. Pictures of the brain, a funny cut out of her face in the center of its forehead, diagrams of brain activity, anything that could possibly have to do with thoughts and the mind.

Her tactic works as a cloud of thoughts pass over her, a literal brain storm. Images, concepts, considerations, and feelings pass around her in a whirling maelstrom of consciousness. She keeps her cool attempting to appear stable as the consciousness around her investigates her.own conscious presence. After a period is starts to slow and she releases her grip on the mind of her subject.

Reality spirals back into existence around her, causing her to lose her balance and drop quickly to the ground.

"Twilight are you ok?" Fluttershy asks turning from the creatures side to face her.

"Fine, its rough coming back is all." She replies mater-of-factly, dismissively waving a hoof. "I think I have it calmed down..."

The figure next to them, has moved to what appears to be a sitting position and is simply staring back and forth between the two of them. They look back and then look at each other.

"Twilight... you did it... It seems much... calmer..." Fluttershy says watching the mysterious creatures movement.

"It would appear so, lets get back to your house, no reason to be out in the middle of the Everfree like this."

The begin to trot along down the path followed by the now much calmer... whatever it is. Intelligent life! Or at least it seems intelligent... I sure hope it is! I can't even begin to think about what this means for Equestria. Twilight mused to herself. But I need to learn more about it... It obviously doesn't speak our language. I guess old fashioned research will have to do.

Fluttershy's small cottage rolled into view through the woods, showing them the edge of the clearing. Twilight starts when she feels something bump into her side causing her to snap her head around to see a nervous looking Flutters moving as far away from their new "friend."

"Twilight, it won't stop looking at me!" Fluttershy whispers in distress.

"Don't worry, I am sure its just confused... or something. If it was gunna hurt us it would have already done so, right?"

"I suppose... It just makes me nervous..."

"It'll be fine, you could have Harry come stay with you. Whatever this thing it I don't think its a match for a bear."

"Uh ok... If you say so." Shy squeaks in semi-agreement.

They enter the clearing and proceed to the house. A quick push and it swings open, the inviting little cottage warm and well lit sits before them. Twilight stands to the side to let her host and their "guest" in after they enter she follows, closing the door with her magic behind her. They all stand around, the two ponies exchanging glances and the creature gazing around the quaint little cottage.

"I am hungry!" Fluttershy suddenly proclaims, breaking the silence. "Let me go get us something to eat." She laughs nervously and leave the room. Just twilight looking up at the tall thin creature and it looking back before becoming distracted by something else. What are you? Twilight thinks, once again studying its build and structure.

"Who wants an apple?" Flutters sings, signalling her return. She gracefully hovers to the coffee table in front of her sofa and and gently places the apples she had scooped up in her forelegs down. "There, one for you, one for me, and two for our larger... guest."

Twilight approaches the table as casually as she can manage, and lifts up the apple. She looks at it a moment and shines it on her chest. As she does so the biped does the same grasping it in whatever it has and taking a bite. She floats it to her mouth and takes a bite, its a good one. Flutters holds hers between her two from hooves but remains focused on the creature, eyes slowly growing bigger as internal panic builds.

"I hate to impose Fluttershy, but its still pretty earlier, and I am exhausted. May I have a nap? Once its daylight out I will head home. I have a lot of research to do."

"Oh... uhm. sure... I don't see how it could be a problem." Shy replies, secretly relieved to not have to be alone with the... whatever it is.

"Thanks." Twilight mumbles through a yawn and settles down on a cushion, hit pretty hard by a wave of exhaustion. The apple slowly dips and lowers to the ground as she quickly falls asleep.

Comments ( 6 )

whoo, I'd thought this died honestly XD glad to see otherwise! Mayhaps my own mangled stories will get a similar kick to the starter eh? :ajsmug:

And I thought I was bad with updates. It's been almost 2 years!

I see this story has awoken from stasis.

3743361
The story was there to just provide the fact that there were legends. That's not what the adventure is about... yet.

Well I hope this continues. :twilightsmile:

shall we continue?

Login or register to comment