• Published 7th Aug 2012
  • 2,059 Views, 43 Comments

Reawakening - Scorched Beats



After a rescue mission becomes a mission of discovery what will Twilight find herself in this time.

  • ...
7
 43
 2,059

Welcome to Station 283

“The planet of Equis is told to have once provided a home to a immensely powerful race. This race has long since gone, disappeared to who knows where, leaving no trace. It has been said that they might have brought the very ancestors of the Celestial sisters to our planet, however now there is only myth and legend about them. It was said that at the height of their power they had the ability to live in the heavens and control life and death.”

“Is that it Twilight?” Spike said, obviously interested in this myth.

“Yeah... That is the only mention of it in the whole book, huh, weird.” Twilight replied, an irritated look on here face while she flipped through some of the pages. Suddenly there was a loud pounding on the front door.

“Spike could yo-” she began to ask.

“I know, I know, I'll get the door,” with that the little dragon got up and walked across the room to open the door. As soon as he had turned the handle though he was bulldozed by Applejack.

“Twilight have you seen Applebloom?! I can't find that little filly anywhere!” she shouted, sweat beading on her forehead. “Have you seen her?”

Twilight shook her head and replied as calm as she could, “Sorry AJ, I haven't seen her all day. Do you want me to help look for her?”

“Thats mighty kind o' ya Twi, I am checking over at Fluttershy's house next.” She said attempting to compose herself, “I am just worried is all, I haven't seen her since this morning.”

So with that Twilight and Applejack walked out the little dirt road to Fluttershy's house. When they got near the house they heard a whimpering animal and soon found Fluttershy tending to the poor thing. After a quick conversation the distracted pegasus let them know that she had seen the Crusaders at the edge of the Everfree Forest.

“Well what in tarnation did you let them go in for?!” Applejack said accusingly, her worry temporally overpowering her general composure.

“Oh... ummm... well I wasn't trying to let them... but well there was this sick animal... and... and...” Fluttershy responded growing more and more quiet as she started to feel bad.

Applejack started to soften up after she started to see tears form in the corners of Fluttershy's eyes, “Well shucks
Sugarcube, Ah am sorry I didn't mean to yell, Ah'm just plum worried that something bad has happened to them.”

Just at that moment there was a shout from outside, “Ponies come quick, I am worried sick! A small shout from young Applebloom, hurry come with me, save her from her doom!”

The three ponies hurried through the forest following Zecora to a large deep hole in the ground where they could hear the shouts of three little fillies. Twilight wasted no time with shouting down and just teleported herself to the bottom of the hole. After quieting the trapped crusaders she quickly used her magic to shed some light on the situation.

“Whoa...” all four of them exclaimed at once. In the light of Twilight's horn they could see a long passage way, all tiled, clean, like it wasn't some kind of underground worm tunnel. Then she inspected the fillies. They were huddled together, shivering slightly, and covered in dust and scratches, but seemed ok.

“W-what is this place M-m-ms. Twilight?” asked Sweetie Belle.

“I... I don't know girls.” Her first instinct was to flee from this place, for it gave her an eerie feeling, like there was something wrong here. Still though her investigative side was pushing her further into the tunnel... or corridor as it were.

"How did you get in here?" She asked somewhat absent mindedly still wondering over this development.

"We w-was crusading fer our herb collecting cutie marks, an' the ground just collapsed under u-us." A mud covered and weary looking Applebloom replied.

“Alright, I am sending you up girls, tell the others I will just be a minute.” she then teleported the Cutie Mark Crusaders back to the top of the hole with AJ, Zecora, and Fluttershy, who immediately went about making sure the little fillies were alright. Twilight then immediately started to think about what this place could be.

It isn't anything made by ponykind, so where did it come from? She then tried to decide which way she should venture down this tunnel. Well, there were only two directions so she decided to go left, she liked left, it was a nice side. Also the tunnel on her left side was in better condition. So in this case the left was doubly a good choice. Moving away from what she guessed was a collapse in the room, the tiles became a brighter white from lack of dust. Her hoofsteps echoed as she continued down the dark passage, her instincts telling her to run, screaming, but her insatiable mind forced her farther in. As she continued down the tiled hall she soon came upon a large set of stairs. She took a deep breath like the air down there would be poisonous or something and began to descend. She soon reached the final step, there the room extended out of the range of the light from her horn. When she placed her front hoof on the floor, there was a loud click and lights flashed on, flooding the whole room with light. Startled, she jumped about as high as Pinkie could bounce after eating copious amounts of sugar. After she regained her courage, she let her eyes adjust and surveyed the room. It was a large and filled with weird pieces of furniture and what looked like black... windows? All over the room there were these small rectangles of glass on top of little stands placed on the weird pieces of furniture. There also appeared to be some of the larger windows mounted on the wall. Her right ear twitched picking up a low hum that wasn't there before.

Where did it all come from? What is this place? She got closer to one of the small black panels and tapped it tentatively with a hoof, nothing happened.

“Well,” she said to herself, deep in thought, “With this many windows it must be some kind of... observatory? Maybe a research station? But what could be seen through these? They are just blank.”

As soon as the words left her mouth, one of the larger windows mounted on the wall lit up. A second later lines of text started to scroll across it. It was in a language she had never seen before.

“Um... Hello? I can't understand you.”

As soon as she spoke again the text stopped. It soon started again, flashing what she assumed were singular words. It kept scrolling through these words, waiting a couple seconds before it changed to the next. The symbols kept changing but then it displayed, “Equestrian?”

“Yes! Equestrian! You are smart aren't you!”

The window? Or whatever it was simply stayed blank for a few moments, then displayed, “More input required”

Ok... Twilight had never met anything as weird as this... thing. She, however, assumed it was a greeting and an introduction was in order.

“Hello my name is Twilight Sparkle, I am the-” She had started but was cut off a loud chime.

“Loading Language... Complete” The black panel stated in a voice Twilight had never heard come out of anypony, “Station 283 ready for operation, Engage?”

Engage? What on Equis is it talking about? Why do I always meet the crazy ones?!

“Sorry sir, but I don't really understand your question. You can't be asking me to be engaged, what do you really want?”

“Restating question... Do you want this facility to engage its primary directive?”

By Celestia's beard what is it talking about?! Well I better not make it angry. “Sure?”

With that the black panel started to fill with words rattling off each line as they are printed.

“Generators powering up... Complete

Internal systems powering up... Complete

External systems powering up... Error”

“Umm... sir?”

“Primary lights... Online

Scanning atmospheric levels... Optimal

Engaging pod 1... Error”

“Sir?”

“Engaging pod 2... Error

Engaging pod 3... Error

Engaging pod 4... Error”

“What is happening?” Twilight asked, terror starting to rise in her voice.

“Engaging pod 5... Success

Engaging pod 6... Error

Engage wake up procedure?”

“I uh... I dunno...” Twilight replied now in the full grip of terror. What is this thing doing? What are all these systems and what pods are these?

“Processing response...

Processing...

Response classified as: Positive

Engaging wake up procedure”

At the back wall a large tube started to glow and steam started to flow from it. Then the panel next to Twilight started blinking red.

“ERROR!

ERROR!

ERROR!

Primary awakening procedure failure, Activating fail-safe wake up. Subject will require immediate medical attention.”

With that final line a tube at the back of the room began to open quickly, blinking red as well, and a creature burst out of it falling to the floor. With that Twilight ran as fast as she could, she finally teleported, escaping the chokes and wheezes coming from the creature she left in the room. She collapsed to the ground from fear and sudden tiredness next to her very confused looking friends.