• Published 24th Nov 2018
  • 1,201 Views, 40 Comments

My Little Mages: Academia Ardens - Foxhelm



Everything in Twilight's School of Friendship is going well, but all of a sudden magic began to fail across Mystica. What's going on, maybe Tirek know. A My Little Mages retelling of School Raze

  • ...
9
 40
 1,201

Bonus Chapter: A follow up question

Two days later during a staff get-together, Twilight, Spike, et all waited until Flash entered Twilight's office. "Sorry I'm late, paper work." Flash said as he took the open chair, "So what's today's topic?" he asked.

"Well, we already covered everything for the most part," Applejack answered, "The only real matter is how did Cozy get you and Starlight into the orb that Sandbar and the others told us about."

Flash and Starlight looked at each other in slight shock, the two then started to laugh. "I'll go first." Flash said.


A few hours after Twilight and her band left, Flash arrived back at the school, he had only a few hours to give a rundown to Starlight and then back to his post. As he neared Starlight's office, "Lt.-Col. Sentry, come quick. Counselor Starlight is in trouble." came a panicking Cozy Glow. She stopped when she actually took his hand.

Flash instictively reached for his buckler, "What happened? Where?" he asked.

Cozy took his hand and directed him, "Follow me." she said as she lead Flash to the catacombs under the school.

Once the two was there, "Starlight! Starlight! Can you hear me?" he shouted as he started to look around. He then turned to Cozy. "What was she even doing down here?" he asked as he was at a lost of what to do or what was going on.

Cozy then lead him deeper into the catamobs, "Starlight and I heard something weird coming from down here, so we went down to investigate. I can't remember what happened next. It all happened so fast, but next thing I knew. Starlight was gone." Cozy answered as they to continued to run or fly until they came to the spell circle with the artifacts and the massive orb of magic.

Flash spotted a barely conscious Starlight in the magic orb, "Starlight? Starlight? Are you okay?" he asked as he stepped forward to the circle and barely didn't touch the circle itself.

"Why don't you see for yourself?" Cozy asked from behind him before she shoved him into the circle. As Flash tried to catch himself he was captured by the magic and was sucked into the orb. All he do was give an 'Whoa!' before he was silenced in the orb. As he turned back he saw and heard Cozy laugh. "Oh, Sentry-kohai, you haven't changed a bit!" Cozy could not help but laugh as Flash was now stuck in the orb with Starlight. Flash turned to Cozy and looked at her in utter confusion and befuddlement as if he was asking 'Do I know you from somewhere?'. Cozy gave a faked painfilled gasped. "You mean, you don't recognize me?" she asked. "Oh, kohai, I'm hurt." Cozy said as she held her chest in mock emotional hurt. Flash eyes widened and his face dropped in horror as he realized who the girl was or rather he remembered Cozy. Cozy then started to laugh, "Now, with the two of you out of the way, there's no one left in Mystica to stop me." she said and continued to laugh.


"So that was pretty much what happened." Flash explained as he got up and got some water.

Everyone then turned to Starlight. Starlight groaned, "She hit me with chloroform, when we got to Twilight's office."

Flash couldn't help but laugh, "And people think I am pathitic." He then felt a tug at his ear and saw that it was purple magic. "Ow, okay, okay, I'm sorry." He said and Twilight ended her spell.

Comments ( 12 )

I honestly don't know which victim I feel sorrier for, Starlight for being incapacitated so unceremoniously or Flash for having his protective instincts turned against him by a "little girl". :ajbemused:

9488051
Sincerely, I would like Readers to have greater sympathy for Flash then Starlight... more effort was put into how he got captured then her.

Well, this DOES explain how Cozy captured them. But, well, it still doesn't excuse how nearly all the good guys had to be seriously dumbed down in order to for Cozy to come so close to succeeding. I mean, I respect that you could only work with what you were given AND the fact that you did a good job with the added information, but it doesn't erase the fact that I found the actual episode to be a massive disappointment and this was too similar to the original episode.

9550223
Dare I ask what would've made it seem to you that no one was hit was the idoit stick?

9550223
I ask because this the first Season finale that Twilight actually asked her friends to help right off the bat, Starlight being as powerful as she is would be good hooves to trust the school in and she showed that minus Discord's antics she can manage the school for a short period of time... I am just not seeing how the characters were dumbed down in your eyes... maybe you could explain to me what you're seeing in that episode that I'm not? Please

9550239

Probably have Cozy found out and taken down BEFORE the season finale (with Cozy comically outclassed in EVERY category INCLUDING intelligence) and just use a different villain entirely- one powerful enough and smart enough to pose a threat to ALL the heroes WITHOUT anyone needing to get nerfed or dumbed down - even if you had to "cheat" and use an OC for the main villain.

9550261
what if I make the answer to both Mean 6 and Rollercoasterof Friendship this AU's canonical season 8 finale?

9550259
Okay. I see your point. And, yeah, I admit I DID skim. Still, Cozy would NOT have gotten that far if they actually took the time to meticulously research her beforehand.

9550267
Yeah. That could work.

9550268
Well my AU's answer to that was in the line by Twilight that had she followed MEA guidelines she would have to vet Cozy's application which means comparing her to the academic records of all MEA schools, but her school's open enrollment policy means and not being connected to the MEA both denys her school access to that information and she wouldn't even look into in the first place as contrasting academic records is part of MEA guidelines, which is intended to be amplified when Neighsay said he was right but for the wrong reason ... yeah this a word of god attempt to expound on a couple of lines...

9550287
Okay. That's a point well taken.

9550291
I probably should have been clearier at the start of this story

Login or register to comment