• Published 5th Oct 2018
  • 1,533 Views, 13 Comments

Truth or Dare... - RebelNarrator45



Who wants to play Truth or Dare....???

  • ...
2
 13
 1,533

Bonus:The Great and Powerful Trixie

Author's Note:

I'm not fully satisfied with this chapter...

I have written and rewritten and edited and then started all over, and I still can't figure out what I don't like about it.

I give up.

I'm sorry if its not quite up to par.

Hope you enjoy it.

"So, Trixie." Starlight said, eyeing her friend. "Truth, or Dare?"

Trixie pondered the question only briefly before answering.

"Trixie chooses Dare!" She announced. "Any dares you want! There is no dare Trixie won't do! Providing it's not deadly or completely against the law, of course."

"Says the unicorn who enslaved an entire town and surrounded it with a magic force field all because she put on an amulet she was not supposed to have, and stole, and got possessed by dark magic." Spike muttered.

Dash snickered. Starlight glared.

"Valid point." Trixie said, nodding at Spike. "But Trixie is reformed now and no longer breaks the law. Except in teensy matters where it suits her purpose..."

"Trixie!" Starlight scolded.

"Just kidding!" Trixie said hastily. "You should know Trixie is a model citizen now!"

"Well...that's true." Twilight admitted. "Other than the usual complaints about your rather annoying behaviour, I haven't heard anything bad about you since you showed up here in Ponyville permanently."

Trixie scowled. "The Great and Powerful Trixie can't please all ponies." She said. "It's not possible. Unless, of course, she could convince Starlight to cast a spell that makes everypony like her."

"What? Trixie! No!" Starlight sputtered.

Trixie giggled. "Gotcha."

Starlight huffed. "Not funny, Trixie."

"Ok, ok, she chose Dare, so let's let her have it!" Dash interrupted, eyes gleaming.

"Hey, you make her do anything too crazy, and you answer to me!" Starlight said warningly, moving to sit down next to the magician.

Trixie grinned. "Trixie appreciates you having her back."

"Anytime, Trixie." Starlight replied, throwing a foreleg around her. "Anytime."

"Oh good grief!" Dash muttered. "Is the Sappy Disease going around today? Twilight, throw a protection spell up around me before I catch it too!"

"Oh, Dashie." Pinkie giggled. "You silly willy filly!"

"What can we dare Trixie to do?" Applejack asked, rubbing her head.

"Ooh, how about we see how many teacups she can replicate from one teacup in two minutes??" Pinkie squealed.

"Yeah, fits her perfectly." Starlight said with a smile.

"To a T-ea." Dash couldn't resist throwing out, smirking. "And I don't think that's smart. She's liable to have us all swimming in teacups. Not my cup of tea."

"Oh, haha, very funny." Trixie said, rolling her eyes. "The Great and Powerful Trixie enjoys challenges. Hmmm...how many teacups in two minutes? Alright, consider the challenge accepted! Along with whatever other dares you want. Would anypony happen to have a teacup?"

"Ooh, me! Me! I do! I do!! I carry a spare in my mane!" Pinkie squealed, producing said teacup and holding it out.

"Of course she does." Dash said flatly.

Trixie blinked. "You carry a teacup in your mane??" She said, completely befuddled.

"Yeppers!" Pinkie giggled. "And all sorts of extra party stuff, and cupcakes, and Gummy, of course! Ooh! Cupcake?"

She held one up after pulling it from her poofy mane. Trixie looked at Starlight in confusion.

"Trixie is confused. How does she...?"

"Its Pinkie Pie." Starlight said. "Her logic and reasoning defies all normal laws of logic and reasoning. Anypony who tries to figure her out eventually drives themselves crazy."

"So...how do you understand what she does?" Trixie asked.

"You don't." Starlight said. "Just let it go, Trixie. Trust me on this. Your sanity will thank you."

Trixie shrugged. "Fine. Now...behold the magic of Trixie!"

Spike started the timer and Trixie concentrated on the teacup. By the time the timer dinged, stacks of teacups sat around them, and Trixie was panting for breath. Twilight was counting.

"Forty five!" She exclaimed in astonishment.

"Wow!" Dash said. "I'm actually very impressed, Trixie."

The magician beamed triuphantly.

"Well, shall we each take another turn? Or should we let Trixie catch up and just give her a bunch of turns now?" Dash asked.

"Trixie could do a few more dares." Trixie said.

"In that case..." Dash said with a smirk.

Trixie came to regret her words as the dares started coming. Dash dared her to down a large spoonful of hot sauce, which she did...resulting in her having to down two bottles of cider faster than Applejack had downed hers.

Rarity dared her to let her give her a makeover, which she agreed to do, even though she grumbled the whole time.

Applejack dared her to tell one thing about herself that nopony knew. Trixie had to think on that briefly.

"I never had a family." She admitted. "Not really. Spent most of my growing up years in an orphanage. I started learning magic when I was twelve, and ran away three years later to have my own show."

The others noticed the lack of referring to herself in third pony.

"Wow." Starlight said. "That's really sad, Trixie."

"Well, you have family now!" Twilight announced firmly.

"I do?" The puzzled pony said.

"Eeyup! Us!" Applejack grinned. "No matter how annoyin' ya might be sometimes, we're your friends. An' we're also family."

Trixie grinned. "I'd like that." She cleared her throat. "Now, any more dares??"

Fluttershy, shockingly, dared her to spend ten minutes with a bunch of animals, just enjoying them. Trixie balked, but eventually did it. To her amazement, the animals seemed to like her, and she made several furry friends.

Twilight dared her to pull of a perfect disappearing act(something she had always had trouble with), a dare Starlight and Applejack seconded. To her own amazement, she succeeded.

Spike had to think a while, but he finally dared her to pretend to be the pony on her left for ten minutes. That pony, unfortunately, happened to be Dash, who was less than thrilled at the dare. Trixie wasn't happy either.

"Oh come on!" She said. "Why her?! Trixie doesn't even have wings!!"

"Valid point." Dash said. "You can't be me without wings. That is the very oppisite of awesome."

"Not only that, but Trixie can't possibly match her level of arrogance." Trixie said, waving a hoof.

"Actually, I was thinking you would probably out match her arrogance." Spike said, smirking.

"Hey!" Both mares exclaimed at once, glaring at him.

"I am not changing my dare." Spike said.

"Fine!" Trixie said. "The Great and Powerful Trixie shall be Rainbow Dash, and she shall be a better Rainbow Dash than Rainbow Dash is!!"

"Puh!! Impossible!" Dash scoffed, crossing her forelegs. "Nopony can be a better Rainbow Dash than me! I'm the only Rainbow Dash in Equestria!"

"Thank Celestia for that!" Twilight muttered, wondering how long Equestria would survive if there were two of them.

"Trixie shall be better!" The magician insisted.

"Yeah, right! Good luck!" Dash snorted. "Just don't forget that, unlike a certain pony, I don't refer to myself in third pony!"

"Trixie knows...I mean, I know that!" Trixie huffed.

"Ok, time starts now!" Spike said.

Trixie took a deep breath and straighted up. She looked from one to the other, then flopped on her back and produced a pair of sunglasses, which she donned.

"Ha. I am Rainbow Dash. And I...am...totally...AWESOME!" She said, waving one leg. "I'm just chillaxing in the sun, after a hard day busting clouds. Ahhhh...this is the life."

Dash stared at her with one eyebrow raised.

"Are you serious right now?" She demanded. "I don't sound like that! Although, yeah, I am totally awesome. And I do like chillaxing. But the point is, I do not go around saying that!!!"

"I am just thinking about my first time at the Wonderbolt Academy." Trixie pressed on undeterred. "I made a pretty bad first impression. Fell right into a trash can. Heh heh...taught me to pay better attention. For the most part."

"Trixie..." Dash said warningly, eyes narrowing.

"And I still remember what happened right after, too." Trixie said, her devilish grin indicating she was enjoying this and intended to make the most of it. "When I crawled out of that can...heh. I heard laughing, and my teammates were grinning. Gave me a nickname, too."

"Ah, Trixie, I wouldn't..." Starlight warned.

"A very interesting and appropriate nickname, too." Trixie said, ignoring it.

"Don't. You. Dare." Dash snarled, eyes blazing.

"Rainbow Crash." Trixie concluded, smugly.

Dash might not have minded it from her team, or even her close friends, but from anypony else, it was unacceptable. With a yell, she flung herself on the azure unicorn.

"Gah!" Trixie yelled, unprepared for the sudden attack.

The two of them grappled and wrestled and rolled, Dash trying to knock Trixie's lights out and Trixie trying to fight her off.

"Ok, ok, enough!" Twilight shouted.

Her magic encircled Dash, while Starlight's enveloped Trixie, and they pulled the two apart.

"Lemme go!" Dash shouted. "I'm gonna..."

"You're gonna nothing!" Twilight scolded, putting her down between Scootaloo and Apple Bloom. "You're going to sit and behave yourself! She was only joking with you!"

"Which you shouldn't have." Starlight said, putting Trixie down next to her.

"Eh, it was too enticing." Trixie said.

"Why, you..." Dash started to lunge for her, only to be stopped by Rarity's magic. "Hey!"

"Now, Rainbow Dash, don't make us put you in time out!" Rarity said, eyes twinkling slightly.

It was sufficient enough for Dash to stop struggling and hush up. Momentarily.

"What?!" She shrieked. "I'm not a filly!"

"Well, then, stop actin' like one." Applejack said, smirking. "Even them fillies you're sittin' next to are actin' better than you!"

Dash huffed and crossed her forelegs, scowling. Scootaloo giggled at her sister's behaviour.

"You gotta admit, she did do a pretty good job acting like you." The filly said.

"Hmph!" Dash said in reply.

"She's got five minutes left." Spike pointed out.

"Trixie forfeits." Trixie said.

"Well, then, there's a consequence." Spike said.

"Name it." Trixie's eyes narrowed.

"Uh...I didn't think that far..." Spike muttered.

"Luckily, I did." Twilight said, grinning.

"Of course you did." Trixie muttered.

"Trixie." Twilight went on, ignoring her. "Your consequence is to...apologise to Rainbow Dash for making her mad. Oh, and then do the craziest dance you can think of."

Trixie blinked. "What?"

"You heard me."

Trixie looked at Starlight, who gave a nod.

"Might as well do it, Trixie." She said.

Trixie growled. Then she looked at Dash.

"Very well. Trixie apologises." She said.

"Apology accepted." Dash said, anger suddenly gone.

Trixie got up, thought a second, and started dancing around in a goofy fashion. She threw in some moves from Twilight's earlier chicken dance for good measure. Once she collapsed in the grass, everypony applauded.

"That was pretty good!" Dash said, laughing.

"Glad you enjoyed it." Trixie deadpanned. "Trixie has had enough of this game."

"Agreed!" Twilight yawned.

"Well, then let's declare it over already!" Dash said. "And have some more cider."

The group grabbed the remaining bottles of cider and chatted merrily, laughing at the antics of Trixie and Dash as they argued goodnaturedly over who was a better Rainbow Dash. Finally, they all rose to go their seperate ways. As they said goodbye, Scootaloo waved a hoof.

"I can't wait til the next picnic!" She said. "More Truth or Dare! Yay!"

"The truth is, I don't know if we dare to do it again!" Dash supplied, and everypony groaned at the bad joke before bursting into laughter.

Comments ( 5 )
ANW

Too many dares.

9216690
I might have gotten a little dare happy...:twilightblush:

Is the story complete or do you have any more chapters in mind

9219843
I hadn't planned on further chapters. I need to mark it complete. I forgot. Lol


9215338
I know its a death wish. But I was writing whatever came to mind, and that was it. Lol. But I had a backup dare, so...its all good.

Clever and well written comedy with an unexpectedly poignant backstory for Trixie thrown in.
Another classic!
:pinkiehappy::rainbowlaugh:

Login or register to comment