• Published 16th May 2018
  • 1,464 Views, 81 Comments

Silver Lake - The Boss



The town of Silver Lake has a new Deputy, who happens to be a human. The only human in Equestria, or so he thinks. He's underpaid, overworked, but he likes his job. Things are changing in his town, he can only hope they're for the better.

Comments ( 8 )

Well good damn what the fuck happened lol. I just check this shit and there's all these updates.

If the next thing you are working on is the next arc of this, i want more already...

I was just catching up on a two chapters I had when all of a sudden...

BAM!!!
All those other ones show up.

"It is well that war is so terrible, or we should grow too fond of it.”— Robert E. Lee

9174552

Funny you should mention this song, it makes a several appearances in the next story.

Three years? Minimum? Oh shit.

All I can say is, this arc ended great but I know this next story is going to be epic.

This was a fantastic story. The writing and charcters were great, the tension built up throughout the story to this point is fanaminal. It was expected that he would get pulled but the dreadful moments were you hear the situation deteriorating throughout world adds to the final moments where it hits home. The entire time he was heading towards the station I felt something that I rarely experience from other 'begining of the end' scenes and that's a sense of dread that few stories have gotten me to feel for the charcter. Most stories there is a certain disconnect between the charcters and the conflict thier fighting in, even if that person is on the frontline.

My only gripe with the story is the timeline, Alot of time passes between the beginning and now. If I followed the time right a year and some change has passed since the beginning of the story. In the time span we haven't gotten to know many people in the town or people Turner worked with. We got a bit of this from meadowbroke and wire but for the time that Turner spent in silver lake we didn't hear much of his time there. The changelings, his work with the sheriff and his own treasure hunting throughout the 6-8 years before the story starts. Turner, Sam, meadowbroke and anyone you put in the story, when there In the story, are fanamaly written and having more of these charcters in the story,even ones we haven't seen before, would have been awesome and would have only added to the story if your track record with charcter writting is anything to go by.

I'm off to the sequel, it's a shame this doesn't have more views and likes because this was a gem of a find on the story list.

Login or register to comment