• Published 2nd Jan 2019
  • 1,047 Views, 15 Comments

Daughter of the Moon - Ugly-Duckling123



On a trip to clean up the Castle of the Two Sisters some more, Spike and the main six find a baby Alicorn in one of the rooms.

  • ...
 15
 1,047

Chapter 1 Finding the Baby

After Princess Luna had come back 1000 years after her banishment to the moon, and after she was back to full power, the first thing she wanted to do was go back to their old castle in the Everfeee Forest and look for Selene.

Unfortunately her new share of Royal Duties, and Dream Watching, got in the way and she was always too tired in the morning to remember to go look for the filly.

"Tomorrow..." she kept saying to herself "Nopony has found her yet. She will be alright one more day."

Getting into her own bed in the Palace of Canterlot, Luna went to sleep for the day yawning a little.


Down in Ponyville Twilight Sparkle, her number one assistant Spike, and their friends, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy, were heading into the Everfree Forest towards the Castle of the Two Sisters to try and tidy and clean the place up a bit.

"Ok everypony," Twilight said as they entered though the front doors "My plan is to spread out and we all take a different room to start cleaning. We will come back into here in a couple of hours for a break."

Agreeing the other ponies did that but Spike just wanted to read his comic book which he brought along.

Going deeper into the castle than he did last time, Spike came across a room with a crescent moon on it.

"Probably Princess Luna's," he said to himself pushing the door open and looking inside into the dark room.

Looking over his shoulder to see if the others were watching, Spike took a candelabra from a window stand and lit all the candles with his fire before going in.

What he saw inside confused him a little.

If this was Luna's room, when why was it full of baby filly things all covered in dust and cobwebs.

Well, the dust and cobwebs were obvious yeah but not the baby things.

Seeing a crib, Spike went over to it and looked inside reaching out a shaky claw and pulling the blanket back...


Spike's scream could be heard all down the hall making everyone stop drop their cleaning supplies and ran towards the room he was in.

"Spike!" Twilight called as she ran towards it running into him as he ran out of it afraid.

"Luna! Baby!" he said panicking and pointing into the room "Baby Luna!"

"Um... did you hit your head or something Spike?" Rainbow Dash asked always the one to speak up about things like this.

Shaking his head and too freaked out to speak, Spike starting pushing and shoving Twilight into the room and towards the crib.

"Spike! Stop!" she said stepping forwards making him fall over.

"But Twilight look!" he said pointing.

Everypony did look and everypony's eyes widened when they saw a sleeping baby alicorn in there.

"What makes you think it's a baby Luna, Sugarcube?" Applejack asked wondering if it would be wise to pick the foal up.

"The door had a crescent moon on it," Spike said a little calmer now everyone was there, but still staying his fair distance away.

Everyone looked to the door.

Yes indeed, there was a crescent moon on it, but instead of being the moon they were all familiar with to be Princess Luna's, this one was on it's side with the tips sticking up, just like the mark on the foals forehead.

"I don't think this is a baby Princess Luna, darling," Rarity said pointing these details out.

"The name on her blanket says 'Selene'," Fluttershy said quietly.

"I wonder why she's not woken up, I mean after all the noise Spike was making, I doubt even I could sleep though that!" Pinkie Pie said bouncing a little.

"I don't know," Twilight said getting order back into the room "But I think this is something we should write to the Princess' about "Spike?"

Spike already had some parchment and a quill ready.

'Dear Princesses Celestia and Luna'

She began surprising everyone that she was writing to both Princess'.

'Today as my friends and I were tiding up the Castle of the Two Sisters, Spike came across a room that appeared to be made for a filly.
And inside, in a crib was a baby Alicorn with a blanket saying her name was 'Selene'.
We have tried waking her up, but nothing is working.
Looking forward for your reply
Princess Twilight Sparkle.'

After everyone agreed that that just about summed it up, Spike sent the letter on it's way in a puff of green smoke.

Comments ( 15 )

Interesting, I'd love to see where this goes

Nice story! Hope to see more updates for this story!

9381115
Same here I want to read more of this story. Well because to me Luna is best Princess.

I bet Luna would be so happy to see her baby daughter again.

Is this getting an update?

9970034
Maybe, hopefully, eventually

But i get distracted REALLY! easily and i do have a life (even if it's a boring one) away from my computer and/or tablet

So don't be too expectant, but also don't get upset if nothing comes

Will we see another chapter soon?

10060070
Maybe, hopefully, eventually

But i get distracted REALLY! easily and i do have a life (even if it's a boring one) away from my computer and/or tablet

So don't be too expectant, but also don't get upset if nothing comes

10062869
I know a way to keep you from distracted.

11160790
I'm trying to get back to fimficton, but am stuck with writing things for fanfiction (same name if you want to look)

Also i'm lazy and get distracted easily - which is why its had this long wait in the first place

11160942
Ah i see well faer the well on thy journey to finish this

Login or register to comment