• Published 22nd Jul 2012
  • 4,229 Views, 43 Comments

Sentence Enhancers - Gunsmith



Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie learn a new word, and decide to try it out.

  • ...
3
 43
 4,229

Sentence Enhancers

Rainbow Dash was ready to get home after another long day of working as the head weatherpony of Ponyville. She was just about to fly home, when her boss, the coordinator of the weather teams, stopped her.

"Hey, Rainbow!" Rainbow turned around in the air, stifling a groan.

"Yes, Mister Cloudy Skies, sir?"

"Take this trash to the Dumpster, will yah'?" her boss said, indicating a bag of garbage next to him. Trash? thought Dash. Since when do we have trash working with the weather? And what's a Dumpster? However, she knew arguing would be pointless, so she picked the bag up in her teeth. It smelled awful, like rotten food. She trotted outside, holding the trash bag, and decided to go around the side of the building. There sat a large, metal bin, filled with more bags of trash. When did this get here? She tossed the bag of garbage over one side, and it landed noisily inside the Dumpster.

She noticed some things were written on the front wall of the rusting bin. Dumpster writing! She began to read one of them aloud.

"Twilight Sparkle smells..." She paused, looking at the unfinished sentence. Bringing up a hoof, she finished it for the original writer, a kind act indeed. "...good."

"Ooh, Dumpster writing!" a voice cried from beside Rainbow Dash. She turned in surprise to see Pinkie Pie standing there, reading the Dumpster with her.

"Oh, hey Pinkie!"

"Hi, Dashie! Let's read another!"

"Okay!" Dash replied enthusiastically. "Look at this one..." Pointing a hoof to the writing, she began reading it aloud. "Applejack is a...*neigh*." She paused, looking at the word again. "Applejack is a *neigh*. What's a *neigh*, Pinkie?"

The pink pony brought a hoof to her mouth in deep thought. "It's a 'sentence enhancer'. Ponies use it when they want to talk fancy."

"Awesome! I can't wait to talk fancy!"

The next day...

Rainbow Dash barged through the door to Sugarcube Corner, spotting Pinkie Pie tending to customers throughout the shop. She waved to her friend.

"Hey, Pinkie, how the *neigh* are yah'?"

"Hey, come on, there's foals in here!" an angry customer complained next to Rainbow.

"Pretty *neigh*in' good, Dashie!" Rainbow Dash stood up on a table, making another customer upset.

"I hope all you ponies have a great *neigh*in' day!" she yelled, audible to the entire eatery. "Yeah, this day is so *neigh*in' great! What do you think, Pinks?"

"*neigh* yeah!" Pinkie Pie responded cheerfully. Customers began filing out, disgusted and appalled. Just as the last one left, Applejack entered the bakery.

"Howdy, Rainbow, Pinkie, how're ya'll today?"

"*neigh*in' great!" the two replied in chorus. Applejack's eyes went wide upon hearing what they said.

"What did ya'll say?"

"*neigh*!"

"Don't ya'll know what ya'll are sayin'?"

"Yeah!" Pinkie Pie responded first. "We're talking fancy!"

"Oh, no yah ain't. That there's swear number eleven! It's a bad word!"

"A bad word?" Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie questioned in unison, looking at each other. They then began wiping their tongues rapidly with their hooves, desperately trying to rid the foul word from their mouths. After they deemed their tongues worthy again, Dash continued on. "How many are there...?"

"Thirteen in all. And Ah' better not catch you two usin' any of 'em, ever again!" Applejack said sternly.

"We Pinkie Promise never to use that word again," said Pinkie, speaking for them both. After a moment, she and Rainbow began chanting together and going through the motions.

"Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye!"

"Good! Ya'll run along now." Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash left Sugarcube Corner, feeling terrible about what they had done. They got outside of Ponyville before Pinkie realized she worked at Sugarcube Corner, and didn't actually have to leave.

Later...

"Hey, Pinkie Pie!" Rainbow said, entering Cupcake Corner again. The store was empty except for the pink pony, who turned upon seeing her friend.

"Dashie! Are you ready to play some...Canyons and Clouds?!" she asked, whipping out a board game bearing the same name. That was their favorite game!

"Awesome!" They set up the game board on one of the tables in the empty bakery, and took seats opposite each other. They began rolling the dice, seeing if they would ascend to the skies with Clouds, or fall to the ground with Canyons. It was Rainbow Dash's turn to roll.

"Come on, Clouds, Clouds, Clouds...!" She blew on the dice before rolling them, for good luck, then tossed them onto the game board. "...Canyons. That's the fifth time in a row! Your turn..." She reluctantly handed the dice to Pinkie, who was already really close to winning.

"Clouds, Clouds, Clouds!" Pinkie cried excitedly, nearly throwing the dice. "Clouds!" She moved her game piece to the top of the board, to the winner's square. "Woohoo, I win!"

"Aww, *neigh*!" Rainbow exclaimed in anger. She realized her slip-up a moment too late, and stuck a hoof in her mouth. Pinkie Pie gasped for an impossibly long period of time. Her face darkened.

"I'm...telling."

"No, Pinkie, please! It was an accident!"

"No, I'm telling Applejack!" Pinkie darted out of her seat, racing for the door. Dash followed her close behind, running after her in panic as Pinkie Pie made for Sweet Apple Acres. She caught up to her quickly, being the fastest pony in Equestria.

"Pinkie, don't tell Applejack!"

"*neigh* no, I'm telling her!" Pinkie Pie realized her mistake quickly, putting a hoof to her mouth and running three-legged. It was Rainbow Dash's turn to gasp.

"Now I'm going to tell on you!"

"Not if I get there first!" Pinkie shouted, but Rainbow was already pulling away from her. As Sweet Apple Acres came into view, Dash was sure she'd get there first. All of a sudden, Pinkie Pie zoomed past her, hitching a ride on an ice cream truck.

"Pinkie?! What are you...?! What is that thing?!" The pink pony just laughed merrily in reply. However, her mirth turned into a cry of despair as the truck took a sharp turn, just a few feet away from the entrance to the farm. Rainbow Dash jumped the gate to the farm, running up the hill to the barn at the top of the property. She burst in through the front door, followed a second later by Pinkie Pie. Applejack turned in surprise, looking at the two ponies with question. They began babbling incessantly to her.

"Applejack! Rainbow Dash and I were playing Canyons and Clouds, and--"

"--then I was running after Pinkie because she said she was telling, and--"

"--so I caught this ice cream truck, and it took a wrong turn, and--"

Applejack silenced them both by shoving a hoof into each of their mouths. "One at a time, you two!" She cautiously removed her hooves from their mouths, allowing them to talk. At once they pointed their forelegs at each other in accusation.

"She said *neigh*!" they chorused.

"What did Ah tell you two about usin' them words! They're bad! And so, in punishment, Ah'm gonna make ya'll buck trees all day for me." The two ponies nodded in submission and shame, lowering their heads and following Applejack out the door. She led them down the rows of apple trees to where they began, then gave them a pair of buckets. "Now, ya'll are gonna buck all these trees, yah' hear?" Pinkie and Rainbow nodded again, then prepared to start bucking the first of the trees.

Feeling proud with herself for having straightened the two ponies out, and having gotten some free labor out of it along the way, Applejack began to trot back up the hill. She was too proud to notice a large rock in her path, and promptly slammed one of her hooves into it.

"Yeee-ooow!" she yelped, clutching her painful hoof against herself. "Fer 'the love of *neigh*, *whinny*, *snort*..."

Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie gaped as they watched Applejack jump around, shouting in pain. Pinkie began holding up her hooves, one at a time, counting off the curses. "...eleven...twelve...thirteen!" she whispered to Dash, holding thirteen individual legs in front of her at once. The two stared open-mouthed at each other, then at the orange earth pony, then back to each other.

"Applejack!" they said simultaneously. The cowpony stopped hopping around, looking at the two shocked ponies and realizing what she had said. "We're telling Granny Smith!"

"No, please, don't tell Granny! Her old heart couldn't take it!" Applejack pleaded. But, the two ponies were already running, shouting Granny Smith's name as they charged up the hill. "Wait! Stop!" cried Applejack, following them closely. The three ponies found the elderly pony outside, tending to the livestock of the Apple family's farm.

"Granny Smith! Granny Smith!" The old pony turned in surprise, greeting them with a smile.

"Why, hello--"

"Applejack said *neigh*! And *whinny*! And *snort*! And..." The exclamations of Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie jumbled together, eventually becoming them just yelling curse words. After they finished, they, along with Applejack, looked at Granny Smith in anticipation.

"Oh! My old heart!" Granny Smith then proceeded to faint, and was caught by Applejack. The orange pony turned towards the other two.

"Look what ya'll've done! You should be ashamed of yerselves'!" Granny Smith looked up, from her faint, giving Applejack a stern look.

"You should all be ashamed of yourselves! And if you're gonna' curse like workin' ponies, well, by golly, you're gonna work like workin' ponies!"

"Yes, Granny," the three replied in sorrow. The old pony stood up and trotted over to fetch a few buckets of paint, setting them down in front of the group.

"Now, paint the barn! And make it look nice!" Granny Smith commanded.

After a few hours of the three ponies painting away, and doing a good job of it, Granny Smith came outside, bringing a tray filled with glasses of apple juice with her.

"You girls have been working hard, so I brought you all some--" She knocked one of her hooves against a stone protruding from the ground. Granny Smith dropped the apple juice, holding her hoof.

"Oh, FUCK!"

Applejack, Rainbow Dash, and Pinkie Pie turned in surprise, looking at Granny Smith with their mouths agape. Granny returned their looks with one of question.

"What? That wasn't me, it was Old Mare Derpy!" She pointed a foreleg at a nearby Derpy, who had dropped all of her mail on the ground. Derpy looked at the group and shrugged, smiling; everypony burst into laughter.

The End.

Comments ( 43 )

You're awful.

I loved it.

Oh my God, the memories are brought back. Lol. :rainbowlaugh:

this cheared me up after i got quite neigh'ed off playing minecraft on a server..... all in all good job have a thumbs up

YOU BRILLIANT PONY YOU.

:eeyup::eeyup::eeyup::eeyup::eeyup:

you bleep out every bad word, except for the one at the en of the story...HILARIOUS! oh man, I miss the old Spongebob!

She pointed a foreleg at a nearby Derpy
LOL!!!! :derpytongue2::rainbowlaugh::twilightblush:

I must admit, I was not expecting any positive comments. Or green thumbs. Or favorites. I wrote this this morning at 4 A.M. I lied down, tried to sleep, then was like, "hey, what if I make a fic based on that old Spongebob episode where they learn a curse word?" For whatever reason, it seemed like a genius idea.

Well, fuck. I'm off to go cry in the shower now.

In all seriousness, I'm glad I could stir up a few smiles. I love the old Spongebob; it's absolute shit now, another reason I watch MLP. Favorite episodes are "Sailor Mouth" and "Frankendoodle".

Finland!

Amazing! Laughed the whole time I was reading it :rainbowlaugh:

965804 :D I am bringing joy to people! Feelsgoodman. :rainbowkiss:

My first thought was:
Dammit, Pinkie Pie
Can you at least PRETEND the fourth wall is there?
Although, Spongebob broke the forth wall when he did it, but Pinkie utterly destroyed it. Thats why my second reaction was this:
pinkie.ponychan.net/chan/files/src/134051656256.png
Nuff said. :rainbowwild::rainbowwild:
~RainbowDashFTW

985776

Every good cartoon has mad fourth-wall breaking action.

Also. Quick, who is best pony?! For every wrong answer you lose a vital organ, starting with the lungs.

985797 RAINBOW DASH!!! :rainbowdetermined2: Bitch.

985811 Good answer.

And darn, I was actually hoping to obtain some new organs for my clients on the organ market. Oh well. :rainbowwild:

Brilliant story. You should consider adding it to some groups to get more views. :moustache:

1278238 I've never actually contemplated adding any of my stories to groups. Mainly because I have no clue how they work.

Suddenly, a wild feeling of noobishness appears!

>Run Away

even in a joking way, it's still good. :rainbowkiss:

1322709 I wrote this at 4 A.M. on a Sunday.

Basically, I had no idea what I was doing with this.

Somehow managed 19 likes. :rainbowhuh:

1322897

You got quite the creative mind, that is good, I lost my creativity when I was young. Always a good thing to keep :rainbowlaugh:

1322910 Ha! Creative...

I lost my creativity when I found the Internet. Every work of mine is some mirror of that loss, be it my inability to think up a completely new idea for a story, rather than an overused HiE or a crossover with an old TV show or anything else.

1322922

At least you make stories, I don't even know how to start, It's probably because writing stories has been pounded into my head as something boring, from all years of writing about stuff I don't care about.

Just look at the feed back you are getting, I'm pretty sure that is saying something to you.

Edit: Oh damn, sucking up again. Ah who cares. (not me)

1322949 Eh, it does and doesn't.

I am an enigma, I think. I care about the feedback deeply, yet know I really should not care, since I write just to write. I look at the positive comments and thumbs and think, "well, it couldn't have been that great, but I'm glad somebody thought it was above par", then look at the negative comments and thumbs and think, "what am I doing wrong? What have I messed up?" I find myself affected more by negativism than positivism. :rainbowlaugh:

I understand what you mean about writing coming off as something boring. Writing's always come pretty easy to me, in English and stuff; basically to the point where I can make a high-grade paper upon whim, in a mechanical way, like it's automatic. And it's awful. I feel so repetitive and bland. And so I tried my hand at fanfiction and...wow.

I suppose I should stop rambling and get to the point. My point is that I write to write, to let my imagination go apeshit, to write about stuff I don't have to write about.

My problem is finding things to write about. I can write, sure, that's just pushing my fingers down on black keys marked with white letters. Finding an original idea and taking that idea somewhere? Different story. :rainbowlaugh:

1323052

Well, it's kinda hard to see what's wrong, when there is no one sending negativity towards you, (Or at least I has not seen any) Or, maybe it is the fact that nothing is wrong. There is always the day though when something comes to idea, you get on, and create another story, either way, I'm sure you'll get positive feedback, and you should care (I guess, I don't know about positive feedback, or any feedback :rainbowhuh:) But, it really does go to show, you can make a story at anytime, even if others think it is stupid, write what you like, you know?

1323070 Bingo. You wouldn't want to read a story you didn't like, you wouldn't want to do a sport, or play a game, or do anything else you didn't like, so why should writing be any different? :rainbowkiss:

And me? I like Rainbow Dash, HiEs, and old Spongebob episodes. :rainbowwild:

1323085

Yeah, well I'm glad you changed moods, it looked like you were putting yourself down because you thought your stories sucked, trust me, I put my self down all the time, it's a habit, and I don't know how often you do it, but try not to do that, I'm miserable from all the times I've put my self down, I sometimes go days without eating due to it. I try not to do that, but, it just happens, but you are a kind person, no good reason to do that. :rainbowlaugh:

Edit: I'm hardcore stalking, I refresh every 20 seconds, then reply instantly. Because I'm kinda bored, but it is nice talking to someone who I can admit to being a brony to.

1323115 Eh, I do put myself down quite a bit, but for good reason, I think. Keeps me from getting my hopes too high. The higher you are, the farther you'll fall.

Still, that doesn't mean I don't smile when I see another like or positive comment, or feel as arrogant as Rainbow Dash on a frequent basis for the generally good success my writings seem to have, because I do. I try to stifle it, though, because if I don't, I look like a smart ass, a know-it-all, and one hell of a cocky son-of-a-bitch. And I don't want to be any of those. So if I beat myself up every so often, that's fine by me.

Please pardon my language, by the way. This story should very well explain why I use language. :rainbowlaugh:

1323146

That is fully understandable it's bad to beat your self up about it, but it's also bad to keep hopes high, you prove some very logical points. And it's okay on the language, I try to stay away from both, I only get all arrogant when in arguments normally. But beat myself up on occasion, so I basically never really frown, but i still do smile every now and then, from the occasional happy person down the road, or getting someone to laugh. I'd be keepin' them hopes a little higher though on the stories :rainbowlaugh:

1323182 Ha, well, thanks. I do hope you enjoy them. :rainbowkiss:

1323217

I feel like I'm keeping you up, I'm sure you are tired, I hope to talk to you again tomorrow, unless of course you are not tired now, but if you are, I fully understand, and will stop bugging you.

1323222 Good lawdy I'm tired. :rainbowlaugh:

You aren't bugging me a bit, though. This was quite the riveting conversation, if I do say so myself. :rainbowkiss:

1323217

I feel like I'm keeping you up, I'm sure you are tired, I hope to talk to you again tomorrow, unless of course you are not tired now, but if you are, I fully understand, and will stop bugging you.1323228

Heh, thanks, see you again tommorow I hope, signing off.

Oh my gosh. Too funny. I'm still here laughing like an idiot. Holy crap.:rainbowlaugh:

I like the, "Oh, FUCK!" at the end. Favorite part.

Love it!

1495041 Amazing what the brainchild of sleep deprivation and staying up way too late can look like, isn't it? :rainbowlaugh:

1500126 Seems like you do, given that nice, shiny Featured that's chillin' up there. :rainbowwild: Very nice show, by the way. :rainbowkiss:

1500816 Indeed, madame, indeed. :rainbowkiss:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH, YOU SAID NUMBER ELEVEN!:pinkiegasp:

3281136 "Oh, it's okay, Spongebob. I understand.

MISTER KRAAAAAAAAAAAABS!" :rainbowlaugh:

3283671 NO PATRICK, PLEASE DON'T TELL!:pinkiesad2:

:rainbowlaugh:

Ahahhahahahaha! xD
Oh man, that was funny.

No, that was old man Jenkins in his thingamajiger.

Login or register to comment