• Published 25th Apr 2018
  • 1,545 Views, 47 Comments

The Wild Man - Luckless



He's had enough of human society, so can the ponies give him a good home?

  • ...
11
 47
 1,545

Chapter 12: Final chapter

Celestia

Another long day of attending the Public Court Hearings, and more (mostly nonsensical) hearings had been held on everything from land disputes, to law reformations. Almost all of them were from the nobility, which had existed since the first Hearthswarming. The fact that they were the descendants of the original unicorn and pegasus rulers (the earth ponies honestly didn't care much for nobility being the ancient beginnings of a democracy, and had refused being included) and it being tradition was the only thing keeping me from just forcing the positions of the Senate to be elected officials.

Now that the day portion of the court was closed, I was going to lower the sun for Luna to raise her moon and starry sky. She really beat herself up too much, she makes such beautiful pieces of art for all to see, and didn't actually harm any subjects as she believes. No matter how many times I tell her.

I stand at our balcony, the highest the castle has, and was soon joined by my sister, "Shall we?" I asked with a warm sisterly smile.

She returned my smile with one of her own, "We-"

She was cut off, but I could barely acknowledge that. My mind was swarmed with memories, memories that we had blocked with a spell to keep us from remembering. Remembering Brian, and the test. And with it, came the memory from Brian. Of him dying on a surgery table, bleeding to death. The memory slowly bled out as the spell began to affect the rest of the memory by recording through his body. He was bleeding badly through a massive gash in his stomach, with a shirt stuffed in. Before I could comprehend why that was there, they'd sedated him, and started pulling the shirt out.

As soon as they had removed it, he flatlined. They repeatedly used a shock spell to attempt to restart his heart, and while the unicorn charged his horn, the lead surgeon sewed together his flesh. They worked for a little over an hour, but finally gave up once they had put him back together and another round of shocks. Brian was dead.

We were finally released from the memory. One look at each other, and we understood exactly what we were going to do. Simultaneously, we teleported to where Brian had died.

However, we were surprised at what we found.


Brian

I was still hugging Midnight when there was a loud pop that startled the both of us. Turning my head, I could see two new creatures. Just as I was about to start questioning who they were and why they were here, some very key memories came back to me. That led to one conclusion.

"I just died, didn't I?" It was a stupid question, but better to be sure.

The dark alicorn nodded, "Indeed. It would appear that thou hath great willpower even beyond the veil."

Celestia bowed her head, "We are so sorry that this fell upon you Brian. If I had known that this would happen, I-"

"Don't apologize." I interrupted, "Something like this was probably going to happen anyways, and I knew it. But with great risk, comes greater rewards." With that, I turned my attention to Midnight, who was staring dumbfounded at the Princesses, and kissed her on the cheek, "I do believe I have a girlfriend now."

The peck on the cheek seemed to bring Midnight back to reality as she looked back at me startled, but quickly morphed into a loving smile as she planted one on my lips.

"I'd say that the test was a mixed batch, wouldn't you agree?" I asked them.

They looked at each other, not looking as though they knew what to think, and eventually shook their heads.

"Regardless, we will be repremanding our subjects about this." Celestia said.

I couldn't help but shrug, "Do what you need to do. In any case, I think that now it's safe, I'll be bringing my van out of the woods. That way, Midnight won't be having that much of a trip to visit."


In the days that came, I managed to cut a path for my van while Celestia and Luna did their thing. By the time I finally got it out, the local populace wasn't running away screaming. So that was a plus.

The first to try talking with me were the three kids from the alley. They were very hesitant, but some candy I had stored from my world certainly made whatever fears wash away. Two of them introduced themselves as children of Rarity and Applejack, since they knew I knew their sisters. The other lived with her parents on the outskirts of town. Sweetie Bell, Applebloom, and Scootaloo were their names. Mostly, they wanted to make sure I was ok. After showing off my scars, they soon found me as "AWESOME!" Or so they put it.

After the kids no doubt talked about the meeting with anyone that listened, more and more ponies started talking with me. By the end of the first week in Ponyville, they were all laughing at themselves for being so stupid. I ended up making a lot of friends, especially at the bar that Berry Punch frequented.

Me and Midnight, well, we went on dates. After a few months, I became a citizen of Equestria, built a house that I opened a butchery in that attracted dragons, Griffons, and Hippogriphs from across Equestria, and became a successful business. A year after and Midnight met, we married. Of course, we couldn't have kids, but we stayed happy.

Life, life was pretty good. Might've started out like absolute shit, but it ended up better than I could imagine.

Author's Note:

Sorry if the ending seemed rushed, but I ran out of ideas to keep it going and keep it from going off the rails. Hoped you liked it!

Comments ( 7 )

Hey at least you didn't leave us hanging.

it said all this was a test in the description, but i don't remember Brian meeting the princesses in the previous chapters much less what the test was specifically (how would everyone react to a new creature of unknown origin and intent). could you make a chapter telling everyone how the princesses dealt with their subjects?

9136026
Chapter 1, the princesses meet in his dream

Good story, the ending was like a pillow to the face while walking on a bus. It wasn't much, but it wasn't expected and over suddenly before anyone know what was happening.

You hada lot you could have done, but crammed chapters into two paragraphs.

Like and love it!

9136026
More like them trying to get the facts and not handling the problem with violence and rumors. They were supposed to be better than with zecora and instead they were worse. Twilight should have told people to stop with the rumors and as soon as she he'd facts about the stranger she would report them. Only those who actually know anything about the person should speak. In the meantime just leave him alone.

Login or register to comment