• Published 1st Jan 2018
  • 632 Views, 17 Comments

Rex Unicornis - Magi Tail Welkin



Having noticed something wrong about Luna recently and getting little info out of Celestia other than a hit about the old Unicorn Royal Family, Twilight decides to investigate, and finds a book written by Clover the Clever.

  • ...
2
 17
 632

Epilogue

Luna rubbed her cheek as she stepped out onto her tower balcony. She took a breath and raised the moon, and at the same time called the stars to appear. She remembered some of the old constellation from a thousand years ago. One always made her pause. She remembered being taught by Star Swirl about it, it represented some great hero of the ancient past, but now, after a thousand years, it resembled a teacup.

Shaking her head again she brushed it off with the thought ‘Things change.’ And she paused, they did, she didn’t quite know how this change happened, but still some areas of magic even Star Swirl said he didn’t understand.

She charged her horn and entered her Dream Realm. The smaller inner worlds of ponies’ dreams orbited around her. She glanced at some. A nightmare here and there, but when she touched them with her hoof, she felt them necessary.

Walking on she came to a small bubble. A grin appeared on her face. She didn’t release it, but she recognise the feeling from a long time ago, it slipped her mind she’d been feeling it every time she watched over this young colt.

He dreamed differently tonight. Instead of a swashbuckling high seas adventure, he, fantasised himself as older, taller and armoured, in a more flasher armour than the Royal Guard. Probably his idea of a Royal Knight’s armour, fought against, Chrysalis.

Luna frowned, ever since the Secret Invasion Chrysalis became something of a bogeyman to many a pony.

He pulled out his sword and flourished it. Grandly, like one born to be a king, or a prince. “You won’t get to her!” he barked “Princess Luna is under my protection!”

This made her smile. Throughout her observations she played a part in his dreams, oh nothing explicit, ‘Yet.’ She added to herself. But usually she played as the Captain of the ship, and he her First Mate, or a friendly rival Captain. Every time however he tried not to harm her, or have any harm put upon her.

Meanwhile Chrysalis loomed over the Royal Knight, and charged her horn.

Luna inhaled and entered. She charged her horn and fired. Chrysalis hit the wall. The Princess held her head high “And I can easily protect myself as well!”

The dreamer turned back and blinked “Princess?” He stepped forward and bowed “You’re really here, aren’t you?”, she blinked “It’s rare for one to tell that. And you yourself constantly dream of me.”, he blushed.

Chrysalis recovered.

Luna narrowed her eyes “Let’s finish this bug off together. Shall we Pip?” She charged her horn again.

Sir Pipsqueak saluted and took a ready stance.

Chrysalis pounced.

In unison, Luna and Pip leaped into action.

Comments ( 7 )

That was a rather strange conclusion. Oh well.

8660710
I guess my little hint in the last chapter was perhaps a little too subtle.

8661094
But that doesn't make sense. Reincarnation involves being reborn, and last I checked, Pip was already born when Luna casted that spell. Did Ruthenium get split apart or something? Did a piece end up in Pip and the other at the library? The only other explanation I have is that Pip has been possessed. :applejackunsure::applejackconfused:

8661287
Remember L-Space, in a library time and space are more fluid.

And going back to Terry Partchett, and mild spoiler for his book The Truth two of the villain are reincarnated backwards in time, being reborn before the story started.

8661304
I obviously don't read a lot of sci-fi. :twilightsheepish:

8661917
While Pratchett did write some Science Fiction, especially early in his published career like The Dark Side of the Sun

He's far more remembered as a Comic Fantasy writer.

His Discworld books (all 41 of them) are to Fantasy, what The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, is to Science-Fiction.

I highly recommend the series. Although recommendation for reading, start with the fourth book Mort, that's the one that turned me into a Discworld fan. Other possible starting books Wyrd Sister (where I got some inspiration about Witches) and Guards Guards!

Wyrd Sisters also has an animated adaption by Cosgrove Hall Animation, as does the sequel story to Mort, Soul Music, both of which feature the late Sir Christopher Lee.

There are also three live-action adaptions, but they can be hard to follow at times. The best of them is the first Hogfather, but that is made for Pratchett fans, by Pratchett, so an understanding of the books helps when watching it.

There's a few MLP Crossover fics with it too. https://www.fimfiction.net/story/400/binky-pie and https://www.fimfiction.net/story/8293/the-wizzard-and-the-pony

Login or register to comment