• Published 26th Dec 2017
  • 859 Views, 10 Comments

Bring Your Friendship Game On! - Pinkie Pie Sweets



The Friendship Games is almost here, and Sun along with her friends are getting ready for it.

  • ...
 10
 859

Chapter 10: Ready For the Games

It's two days before the Friendship Games, and everyone can't wait for the games to start. However, there's been some who are not very excited, mostly because Crystal Prep always wins. Today, Sun, her dad, and sister are getting the house ready for Sun's Equestrian family, and Falling Star stay for the games. Sun wants to make sure everything is perfect and that her guests feels comfortable during their stay, so they are doing some cleaning and other arrangement. Sun is making sure the living room is clean, as Screwball is bringing extra blanket and pillows from the closet.

Screwball turns to her sister, and asks, "Hey Sun, can your little sister stay with me in my room."

"Of course she can, you just need to ask her first," Sun answers.

Screwball smiles, and says, "Okay, thanks sis."

"No problem," Sun replies.

Then Screwball asks, "So where do I put the blankets, and pillow?"

Sun think about it as she says, "Well we could put them on one of the chair for now until the bed can be fixed and we decide who is sleeping where."

"Okay," Screwball says with glee.

After putting the table on one of the chairs, she runs back stairs to do things in her room, like homework or playing one of her games. Sun feels glad that her two families from different worlds are going to have some quality time together, she can't wait for the excitement and the games to take place.

Just then, she hears her dad calls out, "Sun, can you help me with dinner tonight?"

"Okay!" Sun loudly replies.

Sun walks to the kitchen to see her dad cooking dinner on a stove in a small pot. They're going to have some spaghetti with tomato sauce, cheese, and some buttered french bread.

Discord turns to see Sun, and asks with a smile, "Hey Sun, how the cleaning going?"

"It's going fine, Screwball and I just finished with the living room," Sun answers.

"Good. Do you think you can take care of the bread while I do the pasta?" Discord asks.

"Okay," Sun replies, agreeing to the job.

Sun grabs a bread knife and a cutting board from the cabinet and placed them on the table. She then brings the bread from the grocery back, and put it on the cutting board.

As Discord makes the pasta, he asks, "So Sun have you heard anything from Princess Twilight, about the others coming."

" She said that they're going to meet us at the portal of the school tomorrow," Sun answers cutting the bread slices.

"That's good to know," Discord replies.

Then he asks, "Where's Screwball?"

"She in her room, either doing homework or playing one of her video games," Sun answers putting small slices of butter in the bread cuts.

Discord takes the pot to the sink with a strainer inside as he says, "Well it's time for you to call our sister down and wash up. As soon as the bread is ready after put it in the oven, dinner will be ready."

"Sure. Just let me put the bread in the oven and I'll go fetch Screwball," Sun says.

Sun puts the bread on a cooking tray and place it in the oven that is already preheated. She set the timer for ten minutes, and goes up stairs to and let her her sister know that it's time to get ready for dinner. After calling her sister, they both wash their hands, and Sun takes the bread out of the oven and puts it on the table. The family of three start to have their dinner.

As they eat, Screwball turns to Sun, and asks, "So Sun what are we going to do before your family comes tomorrow."

"Well, tomorrow's a school so we're going to be at school. Falling Star and my family won't be here until the evening," Sun answers.

"Oh," Screwball replies.

Sun giggles as she says, "Don't worry, I know you're excited to see them."

"Yeah. We haven't seen them since christmas," Screwball replies with glee.

"That's right, we sure have a wonderful time, despite of some of the tension before that," Discord remarks.

Sun rolls her eyes, and says, "Don't remind me dad, I think this is one part of the holiday that I like to forget."

"I agree," Screwball replies.

"I remember Apple Bloom told me that you added that everyone who were involved in it hippocrates in the letter to the student body," Sun says, and snickers at that part.

"Hey, it's not my fault that some of the students decided to send their friends secret and their own, and you still almost got in trouble for it," Screwball says.

"True, but everyone, especially The Crusaders have learned their lesson about spreading gossip and secrets just to get someone in trouble," Sun adds.

"Including your friends have learn a thing or two about checking on all the facts before they know for sure," Discord adds with a smirk.

"Oh dad," Sun says with a smile.

The three at the table start laughing and remember that the winter holiday may not be one hundred perfect, but it end up being the best ever. After they have dinner and doing the dishes, Sun and her family continue to get everything ready for their guest that will be coming before the day before of the Friendship Games. A few hours later, Sun is in her room wearing her pajamas finishing her homework since the house is ready for her Equestrian guests' arrival. After she finishes with her homework, Sun takes out her journal and pen so she can write to Princess Twilight Sparkle.

As Sun writes, she says in her thoughts,"

Dear Princess Twilight,

How are you doing in Equestria? Everything are doing fine here, and some of us can't wait for the games to start, and I can't wait to see Falling Star and my family. However, some of them are not excited because Crystal Prep, the school where your counterpart goes to always wins at any school event, and feel that they're going to lose again. I hope everyone will be able to have their spirit up by them, and my friends and I are going to do our best. Hope to hear from you again very soon.

Your friend,

Sun."

After writing, Sun puts the book and pen back in her journal and is going to sleep right now. Sun turns off the the lamp from her room and drifts off to sleep. Sun can't wait for everything to start for herself and her friends. The Friendship Games, her family and friend from Equestria are coming, and she and her friends are going to compete. Sun can't wait for everything to get started and have a fantastic time in the games. What Sun doesn't know is that the Friendship Games are going to have an unexpected turn of events. That will take she and her friends to figure out.

Author's Note:

The End.

Comments ( 1 )
Comment posted by Phetiamwantip deleted Mar 27th, 2022
Login or register to comment