• Published 26th Dec 2017
  • 860 Views, 10 Comments

Bring Your Friendship Game On! - Pinkie Pie Sweets



The Friendship Games is almost here, and Sun along with her friends are getting ready for it.

  • ...
 10
 860

Chapter 5: Sisters' Night Out

A few days later after the little trouble at Crystal Prep, everything has been running smoothly for the Friendship Games. For the past three days, Sun, Rainbow, and Pinkie have been helping out with stuff for the games. It's also a bit of a punishment for their expedition to Crystal Prep. Right now, Sun is going to be spending some special time with her little sister, so she's making sure everything she needs is in her purse. When she finishes having her things, her little sister, Screwball comes in with a smile on her face.

Screwball happily asks, "Hey sis, are you ready for our night out?"

"Just go everything ready," Sun says.

"Yay!" Screwball cheers.

Sun giggles as Screwball runs out of the room to get her bag and jacket. Sun also grabs her things and takes them out of the room. Sometime later, their dad has drop them off and both hang out of the mall to start their sister time.

Screwball asks, "So sis, what are we going to do first?"

"Well, I thought it will be a good idea to see a movie and then we'll have some dinner," Sun answers.

"Sounds good to me, but what movie do you want to see?" Screwball asks.

"Well, I was thinking of seeing the now Power Ponies that's in the theaters right now," Sun suggests.

"Oh, my friend Apple Bloom saw it and told me it's totally cool!" Screwball replies with excitement.

Sun giggles, and says, "So I'm guessing you want to see it right?"

"You bet," Screwball answers with glee.

The two sister decide to go to the theater and agreeing to what movie to see, they can't wait to see what the movie will be like. After buying the ticket, Sun and Screwball head to the snack bar to get some popcorn, drinks, and maybe some candy. As they are going to ask the cashier, they are surprised to see who is at the snack stand.

Sun says looking surprised, "Aria!"

"Hey Sun, surprised to see me here," Aria bluntly replies.

"A little, what are you doing?" Sun asks.

"Long story short, I'm working at the theater now, and today is my first day," Aria answers.

"That would explain why you're wearing the uniform," Screwball says.

"Yeah, the headband looks like of cute," Sun says.

Aria rolls her eyes, "I don't do cute. At least the kind you're thinking of."

Then Aria says, "But I'm guessing you're not here to talk, right?"

"Right. I'm here to get some snacks. My sister and I are going to see the Power Ponies movie," Sun answers.

"You two, huh. Well, since it just playing, the theater are giving special Power Ponies bucket of a large with a large drink. Of course, you need a coupon," Aria says.

Sun nods her head, and says, "Okay, I'll take a large popcorn and a large orange soda, please."

"Coming right up," Aria replies.

Aria goes to the popcorn machine behind her, and putting the popcorn in the Power Ponies bucket. Then put ice and the orange soda in a large cup. Sun and Screwball put the candy they want on the counter so they can pay for it.

After pressing the button on the register, and counting the coupon, Aria says, "That will be $11. 40."

Sun gives Aria a twenty dollar bill, and Aria gives Son her change. After getting their snacks, Sun and Screwball make their way to the theater where their movie is going to be. When the find their seats, the previews for the next movies come up, and then the movie starts playing. They both have to admit, the movie is amazing. The Power Ponies had to fight different villains in the city of Maretropolis, and the little boy Humdrum is able to help them along the way. When the movie is done, the two decide to look around for some shopping, and they find a few things that interest the. After that, they both decide to have some dinner in the food court.

Screwball happily cheer, "Wow, that sure was the best Power Ponies movie!"

"Yeah, the movie sure is great, and it sure is nice know that there's going to be a special Daring Do marathon next month. I can't wait to tell the girls about," Sun says with a smile.

"I know, they're going to be playing the books they have so far," Screwball says with a smile.

Then Screwball asks, "So sis, I heard that you're planning on being in the Friendship Games."

"Sure am, "Sun answers.

"You're lucky. I can't play in the games because I'm too young to compete," Screwball says, sounding disappointed and showing a pout on her face.

"I know how you feel about, being young is not much fun. I remember when I was a little filly in Equestria I was a bit stubborn and can't wait to get older," Sun replies.

"I guess," Screwball replies.

Then Sun says, "Beside, you'll get to have some fun with the games arrive."

"You got a point there," Screwball replies with a smile.

Then Screwball asks, "By the way, have you heard anything from Princess Twilight."

"Well, she told me that she discovered a map that can lead them to find friendship problem in Equestria. She told me her first time with her friends was crazy," Sun explains.

"How crazy are we talking about?" Screwball asks.

Sun look at the book, as she says, "She mention something about a unicorn taken everypony's cutie marks and manipulated everyone so they wouldn't think they were special. She also mention about this Starlight think her way is the best, even if she lied to everypony about saying they need to be the same."

Screwball sticks out her tongue, and says, "Blech! Being the same, that sounds like the life Starlight wants is boring."

"It sounds sound boring," Sun agrees.

Then Screwball mutters, "Sounds to me like this Starlight pony has some issues with anyone being special or something."

"Maybe she has a reason for acting like that," Sun suspects.

"Like what?" Screwball asks.

Sun thinks about it as she explains, "Well, if she does have a resentment towards cutie marks or anypony that are special, maybe she didn't have many friends before making her policy and village. Then again, maybe she had a friends and something happened. Either way, what ever happened, made her pretty bitter about cutie marks."

"Did you told Twilight about what you think?" Screwball asks.

"I did, and she said those are pretty good theories, but without knowing what happened from Starlight, that's a mystery that's left untold," Sun answers.

Then Screwball decides to change that subject, and asks, "So what other kind of fun Twilight and the others been on."

"Well, Twilight told me that our dad's counterpart brought something called the smooze to a dance in canterlot," Sun answers.

"The smooze, haven't seen him in a long time," Screwball says, snickering under her mouth.

Then Screwball asks, "Anything else?"

Sun giggles and says, "Well, Twilight have told me a lot of stuff they did on their adventures. She even told me that her brother and sister in law are going to have a baby."

"Cool," Screwball replies.

Just then Sun comes up with a great idea, "You know, I just thought about something."

"What is it? Screwball asks, eager to know.'

"I was thinking, wouldn't be great if my family from Equestria, and my friend Falling Star can come for a visit, and we can do it at the time of the Friendship Games," Sun answers.

"That's a great idea because I know you're going to pass the try outs tomorrow, and you get to have some time with both of the family and friends at that time," Screwball says, agreeing to the idea.

Then Screwball passes Sun a pen, and says, "And the sooner you write to Twilight, the sooner, she can write to your family and Falling Star, and the sooner they'll give their answer."

"Okay, but first, it will also be a good idea to ask dad if they can stay for that time. Usually it's going to take some time to convince him," Sun suggests.

After finishing eating their dinner, their dad picks them up from the mall. Sun and Screwball ask is Sun's family from Equestria, along with her friend Falling Star can come and stay at their house at the time of the Friendship Games.

Discord answers with a smile, "Of course they can stay at our house for a few days."

"Well that was easy," Screwball remarks.

"Yeah," Sun agrees.

Then Discord says, "Of course, they need to do their fair share while living at my home, like the cleaning, the cooking, and things like that."

"I know," Sun answers.

Then Screwball happily says, "Then you better get writing."

Sun grabs out her book from her purse, and Screwball give her a pen.

As Sun writes, she says in her thoughts, "

Dear Princess Twilight,

How are you doing in Equestria, and with the friendship problems you need to fix? You see, I really like to ask you something very important. I like to spend some time with my family from Equestria and my friend Falling Star. You see the Friendship Games are coming up and think it will best time to see a great event at my school and I get to spend some time with them. Hope to get back to you soon and see what you and my friend and family thinks?

Your Friend,

Sun."

After writing the entry Sun puts the book back in her backpack. After a long night the two been, Sun and Screwball gone off to bed. The both have a wonderful time together, and can't wait until the next time they have some sisters' quality time. Until then, Sun and her friends have to focus on the Friendship Games, and it's coming soon.

Author's Note:

Some time having families in two worlds can be tough and fun.