• Published 4th Nov 2017
  • 819 Views, 7 Comments

The Pegasus of Snuggles - PixelMoon



The Princess of Snuggles Sequel: Princess Luna wants to snuggle again... with just Sketchy Clouds.

  • ...
0
 7
 819

Snuggle Buddies

Author's Note:

This is the sequel of The Princess of Snuggles. If you haven't read the first story, please go-ahead and do so.


Please tell me if you like it, upvote, and please, please, PLEASE COMMENT!

Sketchy Clouds trotted down the streets of Ponyville, chatting with her friend, Pinkie Pie. Sketchy's birthday was the next day, and Pinkie was enthusiastic about it.

"- and we can have cupcakes, cakes, punch, oh! Streamers and balloons and confetti!" Pinkie rambled. Sketchy rolled her eyes and chuckled.

The two were on their way to Twilight Sparkle's house, helping Twilight take care of a few issues. For one, Spike was on 'strike' again for not getting any gems.

"Pinkie, please! Don't spoil my own birthday party!" Sketchy half teased. With one light flap of her blue wings, she gently flew up to Twilight's house while Pinkie walked in.

"Sorry!! I'm just sooooooo excited!"

The pair trotted through the halls of the castle, scanning for any signs of Twilight. Soon enough, they found her in her library.

"Girls! Thank goodness you're here! Sketchy, fly up here with me and help fix the scorch marks Spike made!" Tossing her a towel, Twilight began frantically attempting to get Sketchy off the ground.

Sketchy's face faltered as she finally flew up after giving up on attempting to stay on the ground. She flew up towards the bookcase that Spike was on, and give him a disappointed stare. "Not again, Spike. This is not the thing I would like to do on the day before my birthday."

Spike's face saddened, which made the pegasus immediately guilty. She flew closer to comfort the dragon. However, before she could, he belched, a letter and more fire coming out. Twilight grabbed the letter and started to read it. "Sketchy? It says it's for you."

Sketchy was confused. Why would Princess Celestia send her a letter? Only she knew. Unless...

The pegasus began reading the letter once Twilight gave it to her.

Dear Sketchy Clouds,

If you got this Twilight, please give this to Sketchy before her birthday.

Anyway, this is Luna. We courteously invite you (Sketchy) to the Canterlot Castle tomorrow. I suggest you leave tonight, so then you should be in Canterlot in the morning or at night, which i’ll be doing my duties.

Please, don't invite someone else to come along. Think of this as a birthday gift from me to only you.

Yours truly,

Princess Luna


The moon was making its ascent to the sky as the sun was descending. During that time, Sketchy was standing on the platform of the Ponyville Friendship Express Train.

Pinkie and Twilight stood along with their friend, waving and saying goodbye.

”So Luna really said for only you to go, and take nopony with you?” Twilight asked.

Sketchy nodded as the sound of the train arriving was heard. Pinkie let go of the pegasus, who let him a breath that wasn’t able to get through the pink pony’s hug.

“We’ll miss you, Sketchy!!!!” Pinkie shouted.

“Bye, Sketchy,” Twilight said.

“Bye, girls,” the pegasus mare said back while waving.

Sketchy trotted to the train and got on. Her two best friends waved until the train started to move. Pinkie then started to gallop after it, causing some stares.

“We’ll never forget you!!” Pinkie yelled. Then she saw a balloon, which made her jump with glee and completely forget about the train that Sketchy was on.

Meanwhile, the pegasus friend of the waving ponies was on the train, looking thoughtful. She understood that Luna wanted to see her, as a ‘birthday present.’ But what was it exactly?

She didn’t know. Sketchy had guessed that it was something extra special if Luna had told her not to tell anyone, though.

A yawn escaped the cyan pegasus’s lips. Taking that as a sign, Sketchy curled up into a ball, her hair draped around her body, and closed her eyes.


Dark blue irises were revealed to the world as Sketchy awoken. The moon was about at its highest peak in the sky, singling that it was midnight.

The other ponies were getting up and leaving her cabin, so Sketchy decided to get up and see what stop they were at.

“Alright, everypony! Last call for Canterlot!” The conductor called. Sketchy shot straight up, frantically attempting to get off the train as fast as she could.

Luckily for her, Sketchy had gotten off just in the nick of time. The doors immediately closed behind her, and the train engine roared before riding off into the distance.

Now that she had the time, Sketchy stretched her tightened muscles. Cracks throughout her body were heard, which the ponies around her stared at the pegasus with a disapproving glare.

Once done, the pegasus trotted off into the vague streets of Canterlot to the castle towering over its tourists. The castle was glistening in the moonlight, the gold almost shimmering.

Ponies kept staring and whispering at Sketchy, then if she looked over they acted like they weren't doing anything. Those ponies were fools, however, for Sketchy saw each and every pony stop to gossip while staring at her.

Pegasi weren’t seen often in Canterlot, it was mostly unicorns and the occasional earth pony. A pegasus was only seen about ten or fifteen times a year.

Soon enough Sketchy arrived at the front gates of the Canterlot Castle. Lunar Guards were posted to protect instead of the regular Solar Guard.

Carefully, Sketchy slowly walked up to the statue-still guards.

“State your business,” one of the guards said while keeping its poker face.

“Um… I have been summoned by the Princess of the Night, Princess Luna.” Sketchy pulled out the letter Luna had sent her and presented it to the guard.

He analyzed the letter, figuring out if it was the real deal or just a scam. Eventually, the bat pony gave Sketchy her letter back.

“You are permitted to pass,” the guard stated. He nodded to his fellow guards, and they retracted their spears. The gate opened, in which Sketchy graciously stepped through.

She trotted down the vaguely familiar halls to the throne room, where she had guessed Luna was waiting.

Sketchy knocked upon the closed doors, which they were opened by a dark blue aura. Princess Luna was revealed upon the other side of the doors.

“Greetings, Sketchy Clouds. I see you came as soon as possible. That makes me pleased.”

Sketchy was almost surprised. “Well of course I would come as soon as I could!”

Luna smiled and put down her paperwork. She got off of her throne, and started to walk toward the door. Motioning for Sketchy to follow, the goddess started to speak. “I knew I liked you from the start. Now, come. I need you to come to my chambers for your extra special present”

Sketchy nodded and quickly followed Luna to her chambers. Once there, the princess opened the door and the pair stepped in. The box from their previous snuggle sessions was still in the middle of the room - Luna had never bothered to pick it up and the maids hadn’t dared to move something from their princess’s snuggling, either.

“Give me a second, Sketchy. I just need to get your present out of the closet,” Luna smiled mischievously, getting a weird stare from the pegasus in the room.

Luna quickly dashed into her closet and undid her mane. She styled it into two high pigtails like all of the several other times she had for snuggling. She then took off her enchanted chestplate off, along with her other pieces of regalia. Next, she wrapped a gift bow around her head, making her the gift. She jumped out of her closet once done.

Sketchy jumped a bit, before getting a good look at Luna. She started laughing. “Oh my stars, Luna! This was your gift? To make yourself the gift?”

Luna shook her head. “No, I just wanted us to snuggle together without anypony else. That was your present.”

Sketchy blinked, before smiling. She then trotted over to the bed and sat on it. “Well, what are you waiting for?”

“Actually, I had something else in mind.” Luna lit her horn, and the doors to her boucanee opened. Sketchy was confused, so the princess flapped her wings once, and she got the hint.

“Follow me, I have a special place to snuggle.” The two started flying, with Sketchy idly flying closer to Luna and nuzzling her.

Soon enough a cloud a bit bigger than usual appeared. Luna landed on top of it, as did Sketchy a few moments later.

“Woah… the view is amazing, Luna,” Sketchy breathed.

Luna nodded, and laid down, motioning for the pegasus to do the same. Sketchy wrapped her wing around the princess, as well as laying her head on her shoulder.

Luna snuggled closer into Sketchy’s soft feathers, sighing. She glanced up at her night sky, the stars like little diamonds.

“Oh, dear, heavens above, could we even get in a even better position and night sky?” Luna thought. Her prays were answered even though she didn’t think they would have. The most amazing idea came to the princess, which she immediately asked Sketchy if she wanted to.

“Hey Sketchy? MInd if we try a different snuggle position I just thought of?” Luna asked.

“Sure, I don’t see why not,” Sketchy murmured. “What is it?”

“Spooning,” Luna replied. She laid down, which Sketchy did the same. “Little spoon or big spoon?”

“Um, I donno. Little?” The pegasus sleepily said.

The princess carefully wrapped herself around Sketchy’s slimmer and smaller frame. The pegasus’s head went into the knook of Luna’s neck, fitting nice and snug. Luna wrapped her wing around her side, Sketchy’s hooves falling on top of it. Lastly, the alicorn flicked her non-ethereal tail around the former’s hindlegs.

Sketchy sighed sleepily, just barely hanging onto consciousness. Just comfy wasn’t enough to tell about how she felt.

As if things could get any better, the night sky lit up with streaks of white.

“Shooting Stars,” Luna whispered. She smiled, seeing as Faust had answered her prayer.

The two laid there for what might have been hours, which Luna could only tell by because of the sun rising, dawn coming with it.

Realization hit Luna as she remembered what day it was. “Happy birthday, Sketchy Clouds. I hope this was the best present ever.”

The End

Comments ( 7 )

must not d'aww must not d'aww urge to d'aww rising



D'AAAAAAAAWWWWWWW

8528932
That's all I needed to hear to know I've done good again.

So cute! Wait, was Sketchy walking through the picket-line of striking dragon assistants? That scab!

Holy shit! Little spoon and big spoon reference! Yes!
Once again a 6 or 7 out of 10. I want to rate it higher, but that would be unfair to much better short stories, but personally I enjoyed it a lot, both this and the prequel too.
Keep up the good work please.

These tiny bits of fluffiness are always fun to read. I’m probably going to write my own cuddlefic someday. Eventually. After hours of staying up until midnight procrastinating.

But anyway, good fic. :pinkiesmile:

Login or register to comment