• Published 22nd Jul 2012
  • 3,748 Views, 91 Comments

Rainbow Dash Gets a D- - Lady Brony



RD keeps failing but when it gets threaten that she may need repeat the 4th grade. Will she pass?

  • ...
21
 91
 3,748

Chapter 7

Rainbow went straight to the exit; she needed to get of here. She knew messed up, huge and she be held back for it. Tears streamed down her face as made a beeline for the door. Rainbow thought what a disappointment she to her father and late mother. What’s the point of trying if it’s only to end in failure?

“I’m worthless”

Without watching or thinking she bumped into someone

“Oh, sorry, you okay?” The male’s voice said. Offering his hoof to help her up.

“I’m fine”. She said, looking at her hooves, she still upset about what happen. Her dad is to end her when he knows about the news.

“You don’t look fine”.

“I am”. Rainbow angrily said, disproving her argument as while and getting a little angry with him. Just now realizing she crashed into Soarin, taking his hoof and picking herself up

“Your not helping case there” Soarin said, a bit concerned “Is something up?’

“Nothing- I mean, I rather not talk it”. Rainbow said, a little quickly too. “I just want to get home”.

“Okay, can I fly you home?” Soarin asked.

“Umm. Sure if you want”. Rainbow said. Noticing how green his eyes were.

“Why is he being so nice to me? Does he like me or something?”

“Okay lets go”. Soarin said.

***

Some time passed as the duo flew through the beautiful blue sky. Dash had calmed down about the displeasing news, though she is still understandably upset. She rather not think about how much trouble is she going to be by her dad. Plus she’s going to lose video games and won’t be allow to be attending the Wonder Bolt performance. Rainbow has been looking forward to see for weeks

Rainbow and Soarin were a few feet from her house. Full-blown anxiety came over her. She didn’t necessary need to yell by her dad or be reminded of what had happened with the exam. Rainbow just rather acts liked it didn’t occur to her.

Well she better get the screaming match over with.

“Bye Soarin, I’ll see you tomorrow”. Rainbow said, waved bye to him. Soarin waved back to before turning around to go back to his house. Rainbow blushed when she went in her home.

“Soarin is kind of cute”. Rainbow thought to herself as she smiled. “I can see why Jade liked him so much. Is Dad home’ Rainbow mentally prepares herself for a possible fight. Hopefully her dad would be too tired from cloud pushing to deal with his daughter’s latest failure.

“DAD? Are you home?” Rainbow called through out the house. There was no answer, Rainbow had a signed of relief she was safe. At least there's time until he gets home before she has to face his wrath.

She can relax now.

"BOW, is that you?" A female voice yelled. Footsteps ran down the stairs. Lilac is Rainbow Dash's older sister returning from flight Boarding School.

"Lilac, what are you doing here?' Rainbow asked, completely confuse to what was going on. Though she's happy to see her sister.

"I have to you something private that won't leave the house”. Lilac said, nearly crying for some reason. Rainbow thought this is really odd. What the buck is going on?

“Okay, what is it?”

"I got kicked out of the school”. Lilac said, crying.

“For what?” Rainbow said, was the only thing that she could get out.

“This filly at school was picking me. It got to the point where I finally lost it on her one day and I punched her in the face. I got in trouble for it and I got expelled.” Lilac finished explaining in the simplest way possible to her sister. She left the more complicated details because she knew Rainbow wouldn't fully understand due to her being younger.

“Why did you hit her, couldn’t you just not react to her? Rainbow asked.

" I had my reasons".

***

***

“Earth to, Lilac, you still there? ” Rainbow said as she waved her hoof in front of her sister’s face to gain her attention. She been in this trance for a few minutes and it was started to weird her out a little bit. Rainbow looked at her sister as she returned to the real world.

“What?” Lilac shook her back to reality. ”Sorry, you say something? I zoned out there”.

Rainbow rolled her eyes. “I said why didn’t dad tell me were you coming home”

“Oh, I rather not get into that right” Lilac said. “Who was that colt you were flying with”?

Rainbow’s face reddens quickly. “N-no one, he just flew me home”.

“You like him, Bow, don’t you”. Lilac teased.

“Nn-no I don’t”. Rainbow denied. Blushing even redder now.

“Liar, liar pant on fire hang-“ Lilac begun to song.

“Shut up”. Rainbow snapped.

“You getting mad at me only proves that I'm right, Bow”. Lilac joked. She missed this.

“I’m getting some food”. Rainbow said, as entered the kitchen and to see if she could drop the subject.

“Fine. We’ll talk later about your love life, Bow” Lilac shouted after her.

“No, we wont”. Rainbow called. Opening the fridge door. She took oat chips and hay soda. “I'm being held back”. Rainbow thought as she ate. “My dad is going to send me to boot camp”.

“Oh yes we will”. Lilac annoyed her sister some more. It’s a sibling’s duty to do that. “What’s his name?”

“If I tell you everything later, will you stop?” Rainbow compromised.

“That works for me”. Lilac smirked.

“Hey girls”. Rainbow’s dad greeted as he came through the door.

“Hi dad”. Lilac said.

“Hi sweetheart”. Mr. Dash welcomed his daughter. “Where’s your sister?”

“In the kitchen”. Lilac answered. “Why is she in trouble again?’

“To be honest, yes she is”. Mr. Dash confirmed. ”Rainbow, can come here”.

“For what”? Rainbow asked while still in the kitchen. “Oh great, here it comes”. Rainbow thought to herself.

“Because I told you to come”. Mr. Dash said. “Lilac, can leave for a bit?”

“Sure”. Lilac said. as she went upstairs to her room.

When Lilac the door closes behind her. Mr. Dash stared down at his daughter for a very long time. Rainbow sweated buckets, she hated when her dad did this and said nothing to her.

“Rainbow, I’m very disappointed that you didn’t pass the exam. Mr. Dash scolded. “After what we all did for you, you couldn’t get “C” at the very least”.

“I’m sorry, I really tried this time”. Rainbow sobbed.

“But luckily for you, I talked to your teacher and he said you since you very close passing you can do four weeks of summer school and go to the 5th grade or you repeat the 4th grade which whatever you want”. Mr. Dash finished.

Rainbow thought about it for a moment, she really didn’t like the idea of summer school but she didn’t have that of a choice. “I’ll do school summer”. Rainbow finally said.

“That probably a good idea and by the way there will be no Wonder Bolt show for you”. Mr. Dash signed.

“Your messing with me, right?’ Rainbow blinked.

“No, I'm not, I said if passed the make-up exam then you could go”. Mr. Dash said. “You should have done better on the test”.
Rainbow grunted and mumbled something under her breath. Most likely something around the lines of “I hate you” or “jerk”. Rainbow walked up the stairs to her room and slammed the door.

“RAINBOW DASH, IF YOU SLAM THAT DOOR, ONE TIME YOUR LOSSING IT FOR A MONTH”. Mr. Dash screamed. “It’s like my ten year suddenly turned sixteen on me with that attitude of hers”.

***

Rainbow sat in her room on the bed. She wasn’t pleased with the news. It wasn’t like she purposely tried to fail the exam. She spend hours of studying and reading. She really wanted to pass and put this behind her. It’s so unfair, she should be able to go the show like everyone else.

Who knows she might get to sit by Soarin. She smiled at the thought; he’s pretty cute and so sweet. He flew her home today and has an amazing smile. Wait, why was feeling this towards him?

Did she have a crush on him? If so, isn’t she a bit young to have one? Shouldn’t she be in high school for this? Like Lilac’s age who’s fourteen?

“Hey Bow, are you okay? I heard you fighting with dad”. Lilac said, while she knocked on the door. “Do you want me to come in”?

Ever since Rainbow could remember Lilac nicknamed her “Bow”. Because when Rainbow first born everyone in the family called her “Dashie”, however Lilac wanted to be a rebel and be different. Her only being four at the time, she trouble with “R” words so instead she took the last three letters out of her name. Giving her little sister a nickname that merely for her to use.

“No thanks, I'm good”. Rainbow said. “You can come in.”

“Okay”. Lilac said. She opened the door. “Sup, Bow?” Made her way to her sister’s bed and sat next to her. “My life is over”. Rainbow said, as she looked down at the cloud floor. Lilac tried her hardest not to burst out in laugher at the statement.

“Don’t you think your being bit of a drama queen”? Lilac commented.

“Dad won’t let me go the Wonder Bolt show and I have to go to summer school.” Rainbow whined. Lilac rolled her eyes.

“Okay, that sucks but summer school is better then being held back a grade”. Lilac said. “But you still be with your friends at least in the class”.

“Yeah that’s true but I really wanted to the show”. Rainbow complained.

“There are other shows, you know”. Lilac moaned, at her sister’s overreaction.
“Not ones with my whole class and…” Rainbow murmured something at the last part.

“What was that, missy”? Lilac asked. She gave her sister a nudge on the shoulder.

“N-nothing”. Rainbow said, embarrassed.

“Bow, you can tell me anything”. Lilac said.

“And Soarin”. Rainbow confessed with bright red checks.

“D’aww aw, my little sis has a crush”. Lilac taunted playfully. ‘Is it that colt who flew you home?”

“N-no”. Rainbow blushed, now looking like a tomato.

‘Are you sure? You seemed to like him a lot and you said we would talk later about your colt-friend”. Lilac badgered her sister some more.

“He’s not my colt-friend, plus someone else likes him and I rather not make her hate me even more then she already does.” Rainbow said. “She stares at him all the time in class, it’s actually kind of creepy”.

“Who hates you?” Lilac asked out of curiosity,

“Jade Stone”. Rainbow said.

Lilac gulped at that name. “You mean Jade Stone as in Scarlett Stone’s younger sister?”

“Yeah, what’s the big deal”? Rainbow said, not connecting the dots to Lilac’s face of horror. “Do you know them?”

“Yes, the older sister I know, she’s the one who I had the fight with at boarding school. Did you pick on her sister at all?”

“What if I did?” Rainbow sighed.

“Rainbow, this is serous, did you or not?” Lilac said, using her full name, which was very rare for her to do.

“I may have written a fake love letter to her with a friend. Using the colt’s name that she likes and gave it to her as a prank”. Rainbow sheepish admitted. “With it telling her to talk to him when they were alone. She went home early after that”.

Lilac faced palm. “Rainbow, why would to do that to someone?”

“I thought it was funny and so did he”. Rainbow awkwardly laughed.

Lilac gave herself another face palm. It made a little more sense now, when Rainbow bothered Jade at school. Jade would get upset and tell her sister, Scarlett what happened but since Scarlett was far away. There wasn’t that much she could do to stop it. Scarlett took it out on Lilac because Scarlett felt frustrated and helpless about her sister. It did clarify some things up a bit. Though Lilac wished that Scarlett had spoken to her about it instead of making her life a living nightmare. She could have told Rainbow to leave Jade alone and not fight with Scarlett as much.

“Rainbow, that’s not cool. I hope you apologized to her”. Lilac said.

“I have tried but she just walks away or tells me to leave”. Dash said.

“Okay, is there anything else you did to her”? Lilac asked.

“There was a time we had a fight in the library because I was falling asleep when we had a project together and I kind of made her do all the work.”

“Rainbow, I can’t believe you, does dad know what how you treat her?” Lilac horrified to hear what her sister had told her.

“No, he doesn’t know, are you going to tell on me?” Rainbow asked.

“No I won’t for now but if I found out that you’ve been bugging her again I will” Lilac threated. “You know her sister has made my life very challenging”.

“What do you mean?” Rainbow asked.

“It’s a bit complicated to explain but let’s say every time your mean to her, word spreads fast”. Lilac said. “Can you be nicer to her for me please?”

“Okay”. Rainbow nodded.

“Girls, dinner is ready”. Their dad called from downstairs.

“Thanks, Bow your awesome”. Lilac said, getting off the bed with Rainbow behind her. Headed out the door and to the kitchen.

***
Monday
At School

On a sunny day, recess was started. Rainbow and Fluttershy were walking together. The two fillies sat on some swings. Rainbow told her BPFF (Best Pony Friend Forever) that she had to summer school but she doesn’t have to be held back a grade.

“That’s great”. Fluttershy said softly. “We’re in the same class still”.

“Tell me about it”. Rainbow relieved. Although, she's not ecstatic about missing summer vacation or not allowed to attend the Wonder Bolt show, which was this Friday. Then a scene caught her eye.

***

“Hey nerd”. Hoops and Dumbbell said in unison to Jade reading a book at lunch table. Soarin didn’t want anything to do with this but was in the group. However he wasn’t joined in with the teasing.

“Will you stop it”? Jade snapped at the two colts though she kept on reading. “I'm trying to read in peace”.

Hoops grabbed her book out of her hooves. “What do we here?’ He held it to Dumbbell and he ripped out some pages from it. “That’s a library book and your paying for it”. Jade screamed at them, almost at the point where she was in tears.

“Hoops, I think we should leave her alone”. Soarin suggested in passive way. His ignored the request and they carried on.

“Why should we?” Dumbbell said and tore some more pages. Jade got up from where she sat and jumped up to get her belonging from Dumbbell. Dumbbell held it over his head. Jade was a weak flyer and it would have been hard for her to fly up to seize it.

“Give it back”. Jade said, jumping up and down. Hoops and Dumbbell laughed at her. Soarin stayed of out it.

“Guys, stop it”. Soarin said, taking Jade’s side. “Dumbbell, give her book back, it’s not funny anymore”. He felt embarrassed that his friends were acting very immature.

“You want it then go get it”. Dumbbell said and threw the book in some mud. Hoops pushed Jade to the ground as well. “Hoops”. Soarin ashamed of his buddies. Tears fell down her face, Jade tried make a getaway, which quickly was ended by Dumbbell pushing her down again.

“Get away”. Jade yelled.

***

Rainbow watched them, unsure what to do. Her and Jade don’t get along that great then again Jade didn’t deserved this. She wanted to step in, but how? If they were doing this to Fluttershy it would be a different story. Fluttershy and her knew each other for years. They had the benefit of knowing their limits they had.

“That’s awful”. Fluttershy said as she watched as while. “I feel bad for Jade. Do you think we should help?” She sure wasn’t what to do either.

Rainbow nodded. “Yeah, we should, go get Trotter and I’ll help Jade”.

“Okay”. Fluttershy agreed and went where their teacher was. Rainbow flew over to the action.

***

“Is the friendless loser crying like a baby?” Hoops taunted Jade. Jade was frozen in fear backed in the corner by the two colts, too afraid to even move. In the way of Soarin’s interference, he was powerless now.

Rainbow said nothing to Hoops or Dumbbell and walked to where the destroyed book was laying. She snatched it up and dusted off the dirt the best she could in a short time. Dash then shoved her way past through the colts to where Jade stood. Rainbow returns it to the green filly. “Oh come, let’s get out of here”. Dash smiled at her and put out her hoof for her. Jade hesitated for a single moment before she took grip on Rainbow’s hoof.

Dash hauled her out of the crowd. “Hey, where are you losers going?” Hoops called after them.

“Away from you, jerk”. Rainbow retorted with Jade beside her. Once far enough distance from Jade’s tormenters.

“You okay?” Rainbow asked, when she observed Jade had a cut on the left side of her check, bleeding slightly. “Fluttershy is getting Trotter now”.

“My book”. Jade said in defect. She looked at her tore up book covered in mud. “Is she serious? It’s just a book and she's bleeding too”. Rainbow thought.

‘Rainbow, Jade, is everything alright?” Mr. Trotter said along sided with Fluttershy. “Jade, you’re bleeding, what happen here?”

“I was reading at the table over there”. Jade pointed the table behind her. “Then Hoops and Dumbbell for no reason grabbed my book tore out pages and pushed me in the mud”. Jade said, staying oddly calm about the incident.

“Rainbow and Fluttershy, take Jade to the nurse, I’ll talk to Hoops and Dumbbell.” Mr. Trotter said.

“Okay”. Rainbow said.

***

Rainbow, Fluttershy and Jade after the visit to the nurse’s office, Jade left with a bandage on her check and an ice pack for her shoulder. When Jade tried her getaway, Dumbbell shoved her to her side in the table hard to stop her. The nurse called Jade’s parents to come her get due to her injury and she could barely walk.

“Thanks Rainbow and Fluttershy, I own you one”. Jade thanked them.

“It’s not no problem, I would do it for anyone”. Rainbow smiled. “I'm just glad your not in the hospital now”.

“I should get to class”. Fluttershy said, as she heard the bell rang. “You coming, Dash?”

“Yeah, see you there in a bit”. Rainbow said. Fluttershy waved to them and left. Jade and Dash stood uncomfortably for a instant. “Rainbow, I cant thank you enough for you did.” Jade said.

“Jade, like I said before its no problem. Oh sorry, how I acted in the library and the fake note I wrote”. Rainbow apologized, must as throw in that in there too. She felt sort of guilty for it too.

“I got back at you with the desk reorganization thing. I’ll forgive you if we hug”. Jade said, opening up her hooves. Rainbow went in and hugged her. “All is forgiven. Jade whispered.


The End

Author's Note:

Last chapter

I'm kind of sad in way I've working the story for awhile now. It was my first story to ever get featured and now it's gone. I stuck with it for a long time. I would to personally everyone thank making the fanfic possible. I really enjoyed this and I hope to write more for you all in the near future.

Comments ( 4 )

Well, that ending was just cheesy..
I like this story!

Okay, completed in 2014 but now got an update. Kinda funny.

That was very mean spirited.

Login or register to comment