• Published 17th Sep 2017
  • 1,276 Views, 12 Comments

New Day - FourShadow



Vinyl and Octavia get themselves ready for a new day of school!

  • ...
1
 12
 1,276

New Day

Author's Note:

Some Vinyl and Octavia fluff. And I figured a one-shot would be easier than a on-going series because the last Vinyl and Octavia fic I attempted was an absolute failure. I lost motivation due to other things. But this should make up for it, and I hope you all love it.

Vinyl and Octy for the win! :rainbowwild::yay:

Also, I hope you don't mind, but I left a little nod to you and your OCs. You should make a fic with those guys someday.:raritywink:

The sun rose high over the suburban town of Canterlot. The birds began to sing, the mailman passed on by several houses delivering people their daily paper, and alarm clocks began to ring. Today was another day of work, and it was another day of school for those who attended Canterlot .

But this was a special day. Today was the day of the Friendship Games, an intense competition between Canterlot High's Wondercolts, and Crystal Prep Academy's Shadowbolts. Canterlot High didn't always win against Crystal Prep. In fact, they never won against Crystal Prep ONCE. But everyone at CHS had a good feeling that this year was going to be their year.

In one of the households, the sun began to shine into the rooms of a Canterlot High student. This student had gray colored skin, with black hair that was puffed up in the front to look like royalty, and purple eyes that looked like diamonds. She was fast asleep in her nice, cozy bed with purple silk sheets.

Her bedroom was very clean. There were some posters of classical musicians along the walls, she had a desk with a computer and keyboard on it, a cello sitting on a stand near some sheet music, and there was a set of clothes already laid out for her to put on when she got up.

On her nightstand, there was a small alarm clock which was rigged to alarm at six AM, a glass of water sitting on a coaster, and there was a picture sitting next to her clock. The picture had herself along with a friend who seemed like the opposite of her. She had wacky blue hair, white skin, and she extended her fingers to make a rock and roll sign with her tongue sticking out. The two of them were standing together with silly grins at a festival like backdrop, and they were having lots of fun.

The alarm clock went off, waking her up from her slumber. Moaning she slammed her fist into the clock which fell from her night stand and down to the floor with a thud. She pulled herself up with drowsy eyes and frizzy hair and stretched her arms, yawning.She moved the blanket off of her body and moved her feet into some fuzzy slippers. She looked into a mirror she had on a wall and looked at herself. She had on a white t-shirt with purple shorts on. Same pj's she wore the night before.

"Oh dear, this won't do very well... suppose a nice hot shower shall do the trick. Hopefully Vinyl isn't using the shower right now."

Octavia stepped out into the hallway with a set of clothes, and she looked to her left to the bathroom door. Open, and no one inside. Her roommate must not be up yet. She grinned and she quickly stepped into the bathroom, and closed the door. Now she could finally take a shower. Some nice hot water could help wake her up, and she would be as clean as a whistle!

Octavia's roommate was a complete bipolar opposite. She was more energetic, messy, and she was never afraid to speak her mind. However, in spite of all of that, she was still a great friend to Octavia, and one of her best friends. The two of them met when they were kids, and they had been close friends ever since.

If anyone stepped into Vinyl's room, the first thing they'd notice would be, well, everything. Her room was a complete pigsty. There were clothes strewn all about on the floor like they were just grabbed from the drawers and thrown like confetti. There were some old pizza boxes that were piled up, a bunch of CDs scattered across her desk, soda cans everywhere, and she was sprawled across her bed like a spider. No pants, just a shirt.

Her alarm clock was about to buzz, only it wasn't coming out like a normal alarm. This alarm clock was more along the lines of something to scare intruders away. It was rigged with a set of speakers she had set up near her bed, ready to play loud music as a wake up. The alarm went off, only instead of a normal buzz, it sprang loudly with the sounds of heavy dubstep blaring from the speakers going right into Vinyl's head. The soundwaves were so powerful that the waves were literally blowing her hair around as the music played.

She opened her eyes with a smirk creeping on her face, and she moved herself up. She hit a button on the side of her clock which turned off the speakers. She jumped out of her bed and raised her arms up to stretch.

"Awwww yeah! Good morning, Canterlot!" Vinyl boomed. "Alright, time for breakfast! Wonder if Octy wants some."

She stepped out into the hallway and she noticed the bathroom door was closed, along with the sound of the shower running.

"Eh, I can wait til she's out. Or maybe..." Vinyl thought. Since Octavia was in the shower, and she didn't know she was up yet... And today was the Friendship Games after all...

She was about to skip downstairs to start making breakfast but she stopped for a moment. She was only wearing a shirt and her underwear right now. Normally she wouldn't care so much, but she shared this house with Octavia. And Octavia wasn't entirely comfortable with her being around in the open with just her underwear. So with a dash, she made it back into her room and out, wearing a fresh set of clothes that didn't smell like day-old pizza.

She skipped downstairs and zipped away to the kitchen. She pulled out some frozen bacon, eggs, toast, and ingredients to make pancakes. As soon as they were out, she turned on a small television that was inside the kitchen, turning it onto the news station for background noise.

Her hands ferociously mixed away as she threw ingredients into the batter while she listened to the news.

"And in other news, a new variety of zoos have opened up over in the south of Canterlot. Being set up over in untouched land is Sea World, Reptile World, Parrot Village, Fuzzy Funworld--"

"What!?" Vinyl screeched. "The parrots don't get a world!? This is insane!"

Vinyl kept on stirring away at her bowl while shaking her head. How could parrots not get a world for themselves?

"--Thank you Mike. Now in another addition to news, the prices for diamonds have gone up once again, now up to 200,000 dollars."

Vinyl's head jolted straight up. Her teeth were becoming daggers and her hair had set on fire. This was starting to become even more outrageous!

She took a deep breath, and she calmed herself down. She was getting a little mad over nothing. Maybe this was only minor stuff, there couldn't be anything crazy going on.

"But to some much more interesting news Wiretap, today at Canterlot High School and Crystal Prep Academy is another tournament of the upcoming Friendship Games here today. And as an early lash of rivalry, you can see here that Crystal Prep has left their mark on some walls--"

The camera adjusted to show that there were some brick walls with graffiti written all over them. The Shadowbolts had marked their territory.

Vinyl squinted her eyes as she tried to read what they wrote.

"Canterlot Wondercolts, eat my--okay that's just rude!" Vinyl huffed, putting her hands her hips. "That's completely uncalled for!"

But Vinyl watched carefully and her eyes widened as she looked into the background on the screen. Coming down a sidewalk, going right past the reporter was a girl with long green hair and pink skin and white tennis shoes. And that was it. She had NOTHING on her body outside of shoes.

She zipped right past the news reporter screaming like an ape, and the reporter didn't even notice her. She didn't flinch or look back to see the girl that was completely naked, running on past her.

Vinyl felt a smile creep up on her face and she snickered a bit. She tried not to burst out laughing at what she had seen, but just the mere sight of what she saw was enough to keep a big smile on her face. Oh this was something she'd HAVE to tell Octavia...

As soon as the screen changed from the streaker, Vinyl flipped a switch on the remote which switched the station to a cartoon network. Shaking her head with a wicked smile on her face, she went back to cooking, and she flipped a pancake that was already on the pan, sizzling.

Back upstairs, Octavia was in the bathroom now all clean, and she was adjusting her clothes. She straightened her skirt, and her bow-tie. She was all set to go. Now it was time to get breakfast.

She stepped out of the bathroom all fresh and clean; the smell of pancakes filled the air, making her mouth water. She quickly went downstairs, and when she went down, she was greeted by Vinyl Scratch who had a plate with a fresh pancake and some syrup.

"Morning Tavi!" Vinyl smiled.

"Oh, Vinyl, what a pleasant surprise! You made these for me?" Octavia asked.

"Yeah, I did!" Vinyl said.

"Aw, that's so sweet of you!" Octavia said as she gave a hug to her roommate.

"Heh, its not that big of a deal Octy."

"Yes it is! Its absolutely sweet of you." Octavia smiled.

Vinyl felt her cheeks heat up, making Octavia giggle a bit.

"Well, its the first time I made them without setting them on fire and burning them. I thought since the Friendship Games were around the corner, I'd do something nice for you." Vinyl stuttered.

"But Vinyl, I'm not participating."

"I know, but I thought it was about time I made you some breakfast since you always made some for me. Besides, its a new day, and I have a good feeling we're gonna win!"

Octavia smiled. "Well, either way, that's absolutely wonderful of you."

Vinyl set the plate down at the table where she and Octavia usually ate dinner, and Octavia took her seat while Vinyl took the other seat.

"Oh, did anything interesting happen on the news?" Octavia asked.

Vinyl nearly coughed on her food.

"Oh, uh... I wouldn't say interesting." Vinyl snickered.

"Why not? What happened?" Octavia asked, sipping her orange juice.

"Well... the parrots don't get a world, the prices for jewelry have gone up again, Crystal Prep's making their mark on random walls... girls are running naked..."

Vinyl snickered a bit, and she covered her mouth, trying not to let any spit on Octavia.

"Wait, what?" Octavia asked, intrigued.

"Oh this is brilliant... during that live news feed, I swear, I think that was a Crystal Prep student... but someone went streaking right behind the reporter's back, and she didn't even notice!" Vinyl burst out laughing.

She nearly fell back in her chair as she laughed hard, all the while Octavia just sat still with her drink partway finished.

"Well... um... alright then."

Vinyl chuckled. "Sorry, sorry... I just... I couldn't believe it!" Vinyl laughed a bit more, but her laughs began to die down. "Oh I can't breathe... oh man..."

"Well... I'm sure someone will probably post it on the internet. I wonder how the staff at Crystal Prep will react..."

"They're gonna be so mad!" Vinyl giggled. "I'm sorry, sorry. I'll stop."

"Vinyl, its fine. I don't mind. I'm glad you're enjoying yourself." Octavia said.

"Yeah, yeah..." Vinyl sighed, sipping her milk.

"Oh, before I forget, did we sign the card for Lyra and Bon Bon?"

"Already taken care of," Vinyl pulled something from underneath the table and put it on the table, revealing a card with a happy greeting on it.

"Perfect! But, did we get--"

"Already taken care of." Vinyl grabbed two presents from under the table and put them on the table, stacked on top of each other.

"And--"

"Got it!" Vinyl said, throwing a pile of plastic plates.

Octavia's finger drooped. Before she opened her mouth, Vinyl threw a small bucket on the table as well that Octavia could see had ice in it.

"My, my, Vinyl. This is absolutely stunning." Octavia said.

Vinyl shrugged. "Eh. I don't joke around when the Friendship Games are coming."


After Vinyl and Octavia finished their breakfast, Vinyl skeet-shot all of their dirty plates into the dishwasher like a Frisbee. To Octavia's suprise, she managed to land plates in there with precise and perfect accuracy.

"Vinyl, please don't throw the plates like that. Those aren't exactly indestructible, you know."

"Octy, its fine. You've known me since we were six, since when have I broken something?"

"Lyra's harp, Bon Bon's oven, my cello, Flash Sentry's jacket, Micro Chip's glasses, Sandalwood's buttons, Applejack's truck, Rarity's dress, Principal Celestia's door,--"

"Octy. I get it." Vinyl deadpanned. "Come on, we've still got to get moving. Pinkie Pie asked us to help with the final decorations."

Vinyl zoomed upstairs and she combed her hair over to its usual wacky style, and she flipped on her purple shades that she always wore to school. Octavia went into the bathroom, and she began to brush her teeth while Vinyl began to apply some last minute makeup.

Once they were done, Octavia spit up into the sink and washed out the spit. The last thing she had to do now was rinse. She opened up some mouthwash, and took some into her mouth. Soon as she was done, she spit that back up and turned on the faucet to let it all wash into the drain.

She rushed downstairs and put her shoes on her feet, followed by Vinyl who put her sneakers on.

"Okay, one final check... We've got Lyra and Bon Bon's good luck card, their gifts, the food for the Welcome Crystal Prep party, our music equipment, is there anything else we need?" Vinyl asked.

"Did you make sure to wear underwear this time?" Octavia raised a brow.

Vinyl moved her hand to her butt for a moment, then let her hands back to her side.

"Yep."

"Then I believe we're ready to go!" Octavia said with a cheery voice.

The two girls got their materials out the door and set them down on the sidewalk next to Octavia's car. They opened the doors to the backseat and put the gifts, the cello, and the food all in, while making sure they didn't fall. Octavia though was a bit worried with how they were set, none of them would be safe.

"Octy, its fine. They'll be fine. Come on, lets go!" Vinyl said.

"Alright, alright!"

Octavia jumped into the driver's seat, while Vinyl got into the shotgun seat. Octavia put her keys into the ignition which turned the car on, a hum of life breathing through the engine.

"And away we go!" Vinyl cheered with her arms up.

Octavia's car pulled out onto the street now on its way to Canterlot High. The Friendship Games were going to commence later, and they were excited!

This was going to be a great day!

Comments ( 12 )
CSC

Nice story!

C'est tres bien, very good.

That was great. Keep up the good work.

"Lyra's harp, Bon Bon's oven, my cello, Flash Sentry's jacket, Micro Chip's glasses, Sandalwood's buttons, Applejack's truck, Rarity's dress, Principal Celestia's door,--"

1 Q how do you break a jacket? I know you can rip it but his jacket doesn't even have a zipper. 10/10 scratch.

Mm, I quite enjoyed it! I've always liked the Octavia/Vinyl dynamic because of how different they were, and this was a cute piece of fluff.

This is random as tagged, but also quite cute once it gets going, which I can appreciate. Does a good job all around.

Never be afraid of forsaking details about the environment for the sake of getting faster to the things that are actually relevant. Otherwise, keep up the good work!

I have to ask...was Lemon Zest the streaker?

great story :)

Login or register to comment