• Published 2nd Aug 2017
  • 1,001 Views, 18 Comments

Friendship is Failure #7: All Work and No Play - DakariKingMykan



Twilight and friends try to convince a grouchy, downhearted, work-a-holic pony to reconcile with his family and give friendship a chance

  • ...
66
 18
 1,001

Closing Act: Hard but Gentle

CLOSING ACT

What a tragedy it was! When news that Bill Dollar was dead, more than half of Las Pegasus was totally devastated. Though it he was known for his gruff exterior, the donations, employment, and services he provided could not have been denied.



Was he truly a bad pony, or did he still retain a heart of gold? Either way, it didn’t matter now. Just as it also didn’t matter how he was killed anyway.



In many ways, he was responsible for his own death due to his poor health and harsh living choices, but then again it was his family that drove him too it, and though they tried to make it up to him by throwing him that party, it literally scared him to death!



It, too, didn’t matter. Blaming anyone wouldn’t make things any better.





His employees took his death hard, and feared the company would be sold off, but fortunately for them, Goldie Stocks agreed to take-over the company and carry on the work for her brother, feeling she owed him that much… but didn’t ease her sorrows.



Her parents felt equally, if not, more devastated than she did, knowing it was their old nasty work-a-holic ways that drove their son into the shadows.



As for Twilight and friends, really, though it wasn’t their fault at all, it really felt like it was, since it was the party that scared Bill and triggered his heart-attack.



“I can’t believe it!” Pinkie sobbed, “He died because of a party!” she broke down crying, almost as if she never wanted to have or go to another party ever again.



Applejack comforted her, “There-there, sugar-cube.” she cried “It just happened, okay? It couldn’t be helped.” Normally, she didn’t show too much tearful emotion, but she couldn’t help herself this time.



“He was young…!” Fluttershy sobbed “He was so young!”



Rarity collapsed to the ground, not caring if she got dirt on herself, “I can’t bear it! I can’t…!” she sobbed.





As for Twilight, she was the most devastated out of all her friends. Rainbow tearfully approached her, “Twilight…?”



Twilight wiped the tears from her eyes, but they reappeared in seconds and streaked down her face, “All I wanted was to help him, help him see that friendship wasn’t all that bad.”



“We all did, Twilight.” said Rainbow “But I think we need to focus on some-pony else right now.” And she gestured to Goldie and her folks in the cemetery, putting flowers by Bill’s grave and mourning their loss, and still blaming themselves a little.



Twilight and friends approached the family. “I’m really, very sorry.” Twilight said earnestly.



“It’s not your fault.” Peggy said.



“Goldie told us everything when she invited us to the party.” added Nickle “We know you tried your best to help our problem.”





Goldie remained silent. She just knelt where she was, gazing tearfully at her brother’s grave. All she ever wanted was to make amends with him for having hurt him all those years ago.



“Goldie…?” Twilight said as she approached her.



“It’s alright… I’ll be okay.” she said, and she turned and gave her a sad smile “Thanks for everything.”



Twilight smiled sadly at her, and then she placed a flower of her own by the stone, which read…

“Bill Dollar”

Hard Worker, Hard at Heart, but gentle in spirit.

Comments ( 7 )

Oh my they suprized him to death lolz

As for Twilight and friends, really, though it wasn’t their fault at all, it really felt like it was, since it was the party that scared Bill and triggered his heart-attack.

Um...it IS their faults, I mean they all set up the party, jumpscared a pony who who had stress from hard work.

10733199

Precisely... They should have left him well alone

11203179
I thought they just wanted him to get a job. So there’s no loophole?

11203185

Nope, it's like those old fashioned-ways... when you reach a certain age, it's time to GROW UP, and leave childish things behind.

-No more playing games
-No more telling stories
-No more sugar sweets.

...It's WORK-WORK-WORK, and GROUCH-GROUCH-GROUCH

“Bill Dollar”

Hard Worker, Hard at Heart, but gentle in spirit.

Was he?

Login or register to comment