• Published 2nd Aug 2017
  • 1,002 Views, 18 Comments

Friendship is Failure #7: All Work and No Play - DakariKingMykan



Twilight and friends try to convince a grouchy, downhearted, work-a-holic pony to reconcile with his family and give friendship a chance

  • ...
66
 18
 1,002

Act One: Sour Donation

ACT ONE

Fifteen years later…

Princess Twilight Sparkle and all of her friends had been called by the friendship map to attend a very big friendship mission in Las Pegasus while Spike stayed behind at the palace to have some quiet time by himself.



The friends exited the train, and they all gazed in awe at the amazing sights of Las Pegasus and all its glimmering lights and many hotels, casinos, boutiques and things.



“WHEE… We’re here!” squealed Pinkie Pie.



“Las Pegasus totally rules!” added Rainbow Dash as she flew around in happy circles.



Fluttershy could hardly believe how huge the city was and how bustling with business it was, which made it all very loud. “Oh, I… I think I’d rather stay behind.”



“Oh, darling don’t be silly!” said Rarity “Why there’s so much that can be done in a metropolis of this form. All the fashions that could be done for it, and all the glamour to praise…” she sighed heavenly.



Twilight and Applejack exchanged silly expressions at one another. “Keep in mind, every-pony, we’re supposed to be here on a friendship mission.”



Applejack nodded, “But um… exactly who or what are we supposed to be lookin’ for? That darn map still doesn’t give us exact locations.”



Fluttershy stammered, “Um… maybe we could just… you know… walk around and look for the problem?”



She was surprised when all the ponies agreed, and soon they were all off.



They decided to split up to cover more ground. While Rainbow soaring high above the city the others traveled on foot… Fluttershy didn’t wish to fly too high above such a city where so many obstacles were in the way, like billboards, flagpoles… and the fact her fear of heights was kicking in that day.





As the ponies trekked through the colossal city all they found were things that caught their interests and nearly distracted them from their mission…



Libraries for Twilight, Bakeries for Pinkie Pie, Rainbow was actually more showing off by flying round all the obstacles like in a flying course… she couldn’t help herself.





Rarity… well, naturally, she stopped to gaze in the window of nearly every single clothing store and boutique she could find. “Oh, yes… YES!! I LOVE IT!!” she screamed, which made very pony on the street gawk at her. Rarity felt very embarrassed and she giggled, “…It’s an obsession.”



“Oh, brother…!” groaned Applejack, but suddenly she couldn’t turn herself away from the hardware store that was selling new farming equipment, “Oh, Nellie!” she cried with joy.





Fluttershy found it hard to walk around. Everywhere she went there were ponies walking in front of her, “Oh, excuse me…” she peeped softly, “Um… beg your pardon.”



Suddenly she saw an animal shelter with lots of ponies gathered outside, all paying witness to a kind donation.



A light green Earth Pony with an orangey-yellow mane, wearing square glasses and a grey business suit with a red tie was donating a cheque of a-hundred-thousand pounds to the shelter.



Fluttershy could hear some of the ponies talking…



“That’s Bill Dollar.”



“Doesn’t he own a big juicing company?”



“I can’t believe he’s donating this much to the animals.”





Fluttershy thought it a lovely thought, especially for all the animals at the shelter, only… despite the kind donation, she noticed that Bill Dollar didn’t seem the list bit happy. His face was curled in a deep strict and sour expression as if he had bitten into a lemon.



The managers of the shelter accepted the cheque and thanked Bill graciously as the crowd cheered, and pony reporters came up to him asking him a few questions or if there was anything he had to say…



But Bill, looking grouchier than ever, deeply but calmly stated, “…Just leave me alone. I have work to do.” and he walked away leaving everyone confused and baffled by his behaviour.



Then, Fluttshy saw a lone mare emerge from the crowd; a golden yellow Earth Pony with a long orange mane that had yellow streaks. “Bill, wait…!” she called out to him as she galloped to catch up to him.



Bill stopped where he was and growled angrily, and then he climbed into a coach that was waiting for him, “Go!” he snapped to the driver, and off they went before the mare could catch up with them, “No, wait!!” she called, but the coach was already out of sight.



The pour mare hung her head low and looked as if she was going to cry.



Fluttershy felt she was on to something, that and she couldn’t stand to see a pony so downhearted. She approached the mare, “Um… excuse me?”



The mare looked up, “Yes…?”



“Um… I don’t mean to butt in like this, but what happened just there?”



“That was my brother.” the mare answered “We had a big argument years ago, and he hasn’t spoken to me or my folks since.”





There was no doubt, Fluttershy had found the friendship victims, and she already felt like crying over the situation, and she didn’t even have the full story yet.







Meanwhile, Bill had been taken straight to his building, a large forty story building that with a large billboard at the top that read “Dollars’ Delightful Drinks” It was a company where he made and sold fruit-drinks and sodas of many kinds that took him years to build.



The footmen at the doors greeted him, “Good morning sir.” and they opened the doors to let him in. “Thank you.” he simply said, but his face remained as emotionless as ever as he walked right in.



Many worker ponies saw him and bid him, “Mornin’ boss.” and he just gave them all a simple wave with his hoof as he kept on walking along to the elevator. He rode it all the way to the top floor where the main offices were.



A long row of mare ponies who worked there stood along the sides of the hall way. “Good Morning, sir.” They all greeted, bowing their heads as he passed.



“Good morning, ladies.” he simply replied.





Finally, he reached his office, and his secretary greeted him. “Another letter has come for you, Mr. Dollars.” She said as she handed him the parchment.



He took one look at the letter, and it read, “From your Family.” and he sneered deeply. “Thank you.” he grumbled before disappearing into his office and angrily tossing the letter, without even opening it, into a garbage chute where it landed outside in a huge dumpster which was piled with a mountain of other rejected letters, all with the same markings on each.