• Published 29th Jul 2017
  • 1,165 Views, 20 Comments

Sonic and EQG: Total Eclipse - SonicAKG

  • ...
2
 20
 1,165

Last Way

Last Way

Super Shadow flew towards the Nega-Mother Wisp in a blazing aura as it was on a rampage throughout Planet Wisp, firing purple spheres everywhere on the ground and causing mini-explosions.

"Time for the ultimate power!" Super Shadow declared as he got close enough to the Nega-Mother Wisp as it was charging a large energy sphere.

The Nega-Mother Wisp released a giant purple orb towards the ground. Before it made contact, a series of red energy arrows collided with it, causing a giant explosion to appear mid-air. The Nega-Mother Wisp seemed confused due to what had just occurred before Super Shadow appeared in front of it as he stared the creature down.

"Mother Wisp, you're under the control of someone else and doing things against your will. In order to save you and your planet, I need to stop you right here and now." Super Shadow stated as he charged up in a golden aura.

The Nega-Mother Wisp let out a large roar in response. It then formed a series of spiked energy spheres in front of it before it launched them towards Super Shadow. Super Shadow charged towards its attack as his hands glowed red. He then fired a series of small arrows which clashed with the Nega-Mother Wisp's orbs, causing a series of small explosions to occur. Super Shadow quickly flew past them and charged in a red/golden aura while the Nega-Mother Wisp could not see due to the explosions. He then crashed right into the monster, blowing it back slightly as it flinched and began to spaz out as Super Shadow looked on.

"Hmmm...it doesn't appear that my attack was very effective. This creature is indeed a mighty foe. I like it." He said with a smirk as he clenched his fist while the Nega-Mother Wisp regained its composure.

The corrupted Wisp then launched its arms towards Super Shadow in an attempt to swipe at him. Using his superior speed, Super Shadow was easily able to avoid any incoming blow, which allowed him to close in on the Nega-Mother Wisp. Super Shadow's hand glowed red once more as he charged up another series of arrows. However, before he could fire, the Nega-Mother Wisp suddenly fired a purple energy ember from its mouth, which hit him. Super Shadow then found himself trapped in a purple field and also felt himself becoming slower and slower as the Nega-Mother Wisp seemed to be getting farther from him.

"What....is this?!" Super Shadow grunted before the Nega-Mother Wisp swiped one of its tentacles at him, sending him back towards the floor as the purple field around him disappeared. As Super Shadow headed for the ground, the Nega-Mother Wisp shot its other tentacle at him, which sent him crashing down onto the floor and making a large explosion. There, he struggled to prevent its arm from crushing him completely.

"Urgh...It's going to take more than that to stop me!" He boasted as he charged up in a flaming aura once more and emerged from the ground as he pushed the Nega-Mother Wisp's arm back, causing it to slightly back way as Super Shadow floated in front of it.


Meanwhile, back on the ground, Eclipse was tending to his Black Arms, making sure they weren't too hurt as he looked on with a worried look.

"It's ok. You're all safe. I promise I won't let anyone hurt you." Eclipse promised before he heard a loud booming area above him, causing him to turn to see its source. In the air, he saw the Nega-Mother Wisp firing a series of red flares to Super Shadow, who was blasting them with a rapid-fire Chaos Spear from both hands. Eclipse grit his teeth and growled deeply.

"Damn you, Shadow! You've ruined everything! And I was so close to harvesting this world!" Eclipse cursed before he turned back to his Dark Arms, making his expression soften.

"*sigh*, This world isn't safe anymore. We have to get out of here." Eclipse said as he took the Dark Arms. He was carrying Grake, Pyke, Cyzer, and Regal in his arms, while Rhygenta rested on his head and he used his tail to carry Blurk. He then made his way across the planet to go back to the shuttle he and Shadow had arrived in.


Back in the sky, the Nega-Mother Wisp released a series of energy swipes towards Super-Shadow, who again, dodged them with no problem. He released a barrage of rapid fire Chaos Spears at the creature as it fired a mixture of purple and red flares in response, putting the two of them at a stalemate as their attacks collided. Super-Shadow then teleported in a golden flash and appeared above the Nega-Mother Wisp and fired smaller red arrows at its body. The monster responded by slashing them with its tentacles before it shot both of them from Super Shadow from both sides as it tried to crush him. Super Shadow was able to catch them, though it was a struggle as his strength was put against the Nega-Mother Wisps. As Super Shadow was preoccupied, the Nega Mother Wisp charged up a glowing beam from the petal on the top of its head before it fired a large purple blasttowards Super Shadow, blowing him high up in the sky and towards the atmosphere of Planet Wisp. This was seen by the team as they looked on to see the purple beam going through the sky.

"Shadow!" Pinkie cried out in a worried manner. "Is he...."

"Relax. Shadow's in his super form. He's invincible. The only thing that attack must have done is annoy him." Rouge explained to her, making Pinkie calm down.

"Oh. In that case, rip it to shreds Shadow!" Pinkie cheered on. She then noticed Yacker's worried expression and realize that wasn't the best thing to say.

"Erh, I mean, don't hurt it too bad, Shadow. Yeah, what I said earlier was just a slip of the tongue." Pinkie reassured to Yacker.

"I will be disappointed if there is a lack of violence." Omega expressed, making Yacker look worried again and Pinkie shoot Omega, a 'not helping look.'

"Still, from what I see, the two of them appear to be equally matched. If this keeps up, the Planet will be in danger." Starlight said with concern, as everyone looked up at the sky.

"Shadow, you better think of something." Sunset said.


High up in the atmosphere of Planet Wisp, Super Shadow was floating in it. He was going over his battle with the Nega-Mother Wisp.

"This fight is dragging on for too long. I need to find a way to stop the Mother Wisp. So far, my attacks haven't been doing much damage....." He said to himself.

Super Shadow suddenly remembered the large glowing flower-like appendage on the Nega-Mother Wisp's head, where it had fired its laser from. This gave him an idea.

"Perhaps I need to change where I attack." He reasoned before he flew back down towards to resume his battle.

As Super Shadow was heading back down towards the Nega-Mother Wisp, the corrupted creature noticed his arrival due to it seeing a golden flare among the clouds of Planet Wisp. In response, it charged up and fired another purple beam from the top of its head. To counter it, Super Shadow charged up his body in a red aura as he got closer to the beam.

"Chaos....Blast!!" He yelled as he released a giant red explosion from his body which clashed with the Nega-Mother Wisp's beam, making a large eruption of energy be seen in the sky. The result blinded the Nega-Mother Wisp as it was slightly stunned and confused.

Suddenly, a series of red arrows emerged and flew towards the top of the Nega-Mother Wisp's head and collided with the appendage. The result caused the Nega-Mother Wisp to cry out in pain as two petals disappeared from the top, leaving only four remaining. Super Shadow saw this and smirked.

"Perfect. I've found it's weak point." He stated.

The Nega-Mother Wisp recovered from the attack and in fury, tried to slash Super Shadow with its two tentacle arms. Super Shadow fired a barrage of Chaos Spear from both hands, making the arms stop in place before they were lowered. The Nega-Mother Wisp was now slightly tired and Super Shadow saw an opening. He charged in a golden/red boost towards its appendage and slammed right into it, making two more petals disappear as the Nega-Mother Wisp let out a roar and backed away further. There were only two more petals remaining at the top.

"I believe just one more hit should do it." Super Shadow said. "Better make it count."

In his right hand, Super Shadow began to charge up a golden flash of energy as he stood in place. Meanwhile, the Nega-Mother Wisp had gotten over the recoil from his last attack and saw him charging up his attack. The Nega Mother Wisp then fired an endless barrage of purple and red embers towards Super Shadow, putting him on the edge as he was forced to fly through them to make his attack hit. He tried to fly past them but due to their number, it was more difficult to avoid the attacks this time. As Super Shadow flew through the assault, the Nega Mother Wisp released an energy slash, causing the flares to combustion into small bursts, causing Super Shadow to stop in his tracks due to their force. He couldn't see what lied ahead of him now.

"Damn! This thing is smart. Now I can't properly aim my Chaos Spear." Super Shadow muttered.

Just then, Super Shadow heard a roar and out of nowhere, the Nega Mother Wips's two arms attempted to wrap around him. He was narrowly able to dodge them as he quickly flew high up in the air to avoid them. As he did, he noticed that the Nega-Mother Wisp had finished charging another beam and fired it towards him, causing his eyes to widen as the laser was incoming.

"Argh! I don't have enough time to properly dodge it! I'll have to take my chance!" Super Shadow realized. "Chaos....Spear!"

Super Shadow released the golden energy flash from his hand as a giant yellow spear as it crashed into the Nega-Mother Wisp's beam. The spear was now at a stalemate with the Nega-Mother Wisp's blast. In order to push it forward, Super Shadow fired smaller arrows from his palms. The result caused the Chaos Spear to move forward as it pushed past the Nega-Mother Wisp's beam and eventually hit the appendage for one last time. This last hit caused all of the petals to finally disappear as the Nega-Mother Wisp let out a shriek as Super-Shadow looked on.

"Did it work?" He wondered.

The Nega-Mother Wisp began to flail around for a while, giving a vibrating purple pulse before the pulse changed into a pink one. The Nega-Mother Wisp's body then began to glow a hot pink color before the aura was cast off. Now, the Mother Wisp's body was a light pink color and she resembled a jellyfish overall. her head was an ellipsoid shape, with up standing fungus-like hair on the top. It had 3 cyan eyes vertically across its face. She had two collar-like layers beneath her, colored blue and mauve with pink tentacles underneath. She had two longer pink tentacles for arms. Super Shadow formed a look of relief while below, the team saw he had succeeded, much to their pleasure. Yacker began to fly around with joy.

"He did it! He did it!" Pinkie exclaimed as she jumped up and down. Rouge gave a small smile while Sunset and Starlight exchanged looks of relief. Omega's expression remained the same.

The Mother Wisp began to look around in a somewhat confused manner before Super Shadow flew towards it, causing it to stare at him.

"Mother Wisp, you were under the influence of an outside force. I managed to free you from it." He explained to her. "The name of the perpetrator was Eclipse. He has also poisoned your world by planting these Red Fruit Trees and I need your help to destroy them. Will you help me?"

The Mother Wisp responded by nodding. It then lifted its two tentacles up in the air and charged a pink swirl as Super Shadow looked on. He then flew up towards it.

"Let me try this out." He said as put his two hands near the swirl as they glowed in a golden aura.

"Chaos..Control!" Super Shadow yelled as he fired a golden ray into the swirl. The result caused the swirl to crackle with golden energy before a flashing gold and pink energy wave was released throughout the entire planet. Shadow's party noticed this from below.

"Hey, what's going-" Starlight wondered before the Red Fruit Tree in front of her and the others suddenly began to glow gold before it vanished into thin air, much to their astonishment

All over Planet Wisp, the Red Fruit Trees planted by Eclipse began to vanish as they were destroyed by Super Shadow and the Mother Wisp, purifying the planet. The wave went on for a bit before it died down. As it did, Super Shadow then began to descend to the ground with the Mother Wisp towards his friends. When he landed on the ground, he turned back to normal, causing the 7 Chaos Emeralds to leave his body and rise up in the air before they flew at light speed back towards their home planet. Shadow let out a sigh before he was suddenly hugged by Pinkie Pie, causing him to slightly grunt.

"Shadow, you did it! You saved the Wisp's planet!" Pinkie screeched as she increased the strength of her hug, making Shadow groan.

"Pinkie....please...let me go..." Shadow said, causing her to let him go, though she was still grinning

"Nice work, Shadow. You can add saving another planet to your list of feats. I guess that makes you and Sonic even." Rouge playfully said, causing Shadow to hmph.

"You have efficiently completed this mission. Though I do wish there was more of..." Omega started to say before Rouge, Starlight, and Sunset shot him looks.

".....hugs?" Omega finished in an unsure manner before he whispered to Shadow. "Is that what the fleshlings wished for me to say?" Shadow shrugged before he turned to the others.

"Though I did save this world, I must admit...." Shadow started to say, as all eyes were on him. They were waiting for him to finish.

"Come on, say it." Sunset said with a smile. "You can do it."

"I....I......couldn't have done it without your help." Shadow said in a small tone, making everyone save for Omega beam.

"It was nothing. What are friends for after all?" Starlight told him, causing Shadow to lower his eyes slightly.

"Don't push it." He told her, making Starlight slightly confused.

"Really? After all that, you're still not going to say we're friends?" Starlight inquired as Shadow just turned away from her.

"You're dependable. That is all." He said. Starlight wasn't sure how to react. Coming from Shadow, it was something after all.

The group then turned to see the floating Mother Wisp alongside Yacker looking down towards them. The Mother Wisp then made a series of noises that sounded similar to the ones made by Yacker, except they were more high pitched.

"Hold on, let me translate." Rouge said as she looked down at her Miles Electric. "She says: Thank you for saving me and my children."

"It was nothing! We do stuff like this all the time!" Pinkie responded as she did a handwave.

"She should save her praise. It's not over yet." Shadow suddenly interrupted in a harsh tone. "I need to find and end Eclipse."

"Of course." Sunset realized. "During all this time, where-

Sunset was cut off by the large sound of an engine taking off, catching everyone's attention as they turned to see where it was coming from. Rising above was Eclipse in a G.U.N spacecraft, much to Shadow's dismay. Eclipse shot him a death glare.

"Shadow, I'm going to remember this." Eclipse vowed

"No! We can't let him escape!" Shadow yelled as he dashed at high speed in an attempt to get closer to Eclipse's ship.

The G.U.N ship rose high enough and the engines appeared to be ready for takeoff as they gave off a blue glow before Eclipse sped off as Shadow tried in vain to reach his ship.

"Nooooo!" Shadow screamed in rage as he watched Eclipse fly in the sky ofPlanet Wisp.

"I need to find another planet to harvest." Eclipse said to himself in the space ship. "In the meantime, I'll-

Eclipse's sentence was cut off by the sight of a small pink portal emerging in front of him, much to his confusion. The portal then grew in size and formed a giant vortex, stopping Eclipse's ship in its track and causing him to lunge forward.

"Argh!" He cried out. "What is this?!"

The vortex then suddenly started to draw in Eclipse's craft, much to his horror as it began to spin around as it was sucked into the portal.

"Nooo! This can't be!" Eclipse yelled as he was fully engulfed by the pink void, which then disappeared into the sky after a white flash. Shadow looked on with a puzzled expression alongside the others. He then turned around to see the Mother Wisp was glowing in a pink aura as her tentacles were stretched. Shadow then quickly dashed back to where he was from before as he stared at the Mother Wisp.

"That was your doing? What did you do to Eclipse exactly?" Shadow asked her.

The Mother Wisp then made her communication noises, which Rouge picked up using the Miles Electric.

"She says she used her Hyper Go-on power to generate an energy hole to trap Eclipse in." Rouge explained.

"That's good then. That means he can't harm anyone anymore." Starlight stated.

"I think Shadow was pretty keen on the whole ending him thing, but this works too." Rouge said.

"I am obliged to be pleased that Eclipse is no longer a threat yet my desire to slaughter was not carried out." Omega said in a disappointed, making the two Rainbooms and Starlight get creeped out looks and they turned to Rouge, who shrugged.

Shadow looked out into the sky where Eclipse had vanished and started to contemplate what had just happened to his counterpart. He was gone, no longer a threat......at least for now.

Before Shadow could think about the matter any longer, he was interrupted by Pinkie who made a large gasp.

"Wait! Now that the story has a happy ending so far, there's still one more thing. We have to get back to AppleJack's dinner!" Pinkie exclaimed as everyone turned to her.

"Right. I had almost forgotten about that. Do you think it's over?" Sunset wondered.

"It's hard to say. Time travels differently in space but if we head back using the ship, which could take a while, there's a chance you might." Rouge said, much to Pinkie's dismay.

"We can't miss it! It's like super important!" Pinkie yelled as she came up in Rouge's face and grabbed her cheeks, making her look slightly uncomfortable.

Suddenly, the Mother Wisp began to make her noises as she was now the center of attention.

"One sec." Rouge said as she pushed Pinkie away from her gently in order to look at the Miles Electric. "The Mother Wisp says as a favor, she'll transport us back in no time."

"Wow, really? You can do that?" Starlight asked, making the Mother Wisp nod in confirmation.


Later, the team had headed to the spacecraft they had used to arrive to Planet Wisp. They were all inside it as they looked out to see Yacker and the Mother Wisp outside. The Mother Wisp made her body glow pink and put out her two tentacles, causing a swirling pink vortex to open up in front. The team took one last look at the two Wisp with most of them having grateful expressions.

"Thank you so much. We're glad we could help your world." Sunset said, making Yacker respond in a series of noises.

"He says: No problem. We owe you after the Sonic look alike helped us. Hope you guys have fun back on your planet and say hi to Sonic and Tails for us. " Rouge translated, making everyone else save for Omega slightly laugh due to Yacker's comment on Shadow, whose raised an eyebrow.

"Sonic look alike? Don't lump us in together." Shadow muttered as he crossed his arms.

"You know it's trueeeee." Pinkie teased, causing Shadow to pout slightly.

The G.U.N spacecraft rose up in the air in front of the portal before it took off inside it. Afterwards, the pink portal vanished.


Back at the G.U.N base, Commander Tower walked through the underground area where the shuttles were stored. He looked at the area where the team's craft had departed with a stern expression.

"(I wonder. Where they successful in..)" He thought before his train of thought was cut off by the emergence of a pink portal in front of him, startling him as he jumped back.

"What the?" Commander Tower cried.

Through the portal, the G.U.N ship emerged from it as it landed on the ground to a complete stop. The ship's door then opened up, revealing Team Dark, the Rainbooms, and Starlight as they descended down from it, much to Commander Tower's surprise.

"Good to see you, Abe." Rouge said as she waved. "We have your ship back in one piece."

"You're back? But how so quickly?" He asked.

"We had some help from the native aliens." Sunset told him.

"I see. So your mission was a success?" Commander Tower questioned.

"Yep! That icky alien is gone and best of all, we got Shadow!" Pinkie happily said.

Commander Tower then turned to see that Shadow was the last one who came out from the shuttle, which he wasn't expecting.

"You brought him back?" He said in a slightly confused tone.

"Of course. You know, Shadow's the reason why the mission went well. We got him back to our side and he saved the entire planet on his own from that evil alien." Starlight elaborated.

"Guess you could say he's a hero of two worlds now." Rouge said with a wink.

"I told you he would be back to our side!" Pinkie said to him as Shadow walked up ahead.

Commander Tower listened to everything he had heard before his eyes landed on Shadow, causing the two of them to make eye contact. It was silent between them for a while as the others looked on.

"Are Shadow and the Commander going to engage in combat?" Omega asked Rouge, who gave him a bewildered look for suggesting such a thing.

"Agent Shadow...welcome back." Commander Tower finally said as he gave Shadow a salute.

"It's good to be back, sir." Shadow replied as he returned his salute.

Commander Tower then walked closer to Shadow as he stared him down. He then suddenly took his hand and shook it, much to Shadow's confusion.

"Shadow, I'd like to apologize...for not trusting in you. You are a valuable member of G.U.N and we're lucky to have you." He told him, making everyone else look on in surprise. They were certainly not expecting this from Commander Tower, considering what he had said about Shadow earlier.

"I appreciate your words Commander." Shadow answered.

Sunset took a look at her watch and formed a relieved expression.

"Guys, we're not too late for the dinner. I'd say at this time, they're just about getting ready." Sunset announced.

"We should get going then." Starlight suggested.

"Wait! Before we do." Pinkie suddenly said. She then walked up in front of Shadow.

"I know you said before that you didn't want to come, but after all that's happened, have you maaaaaaaaaaaybe changed your mind?" Pinkie sheepishly asked.

Shadow looked around, but instead of a usual grumpy look, he had more of an unsure expression.

"To be honest, I'm not entirely sure it's for me." Shadow admitted.

"Don't be silly. Of course, it is. You heard us in your head, didn't you? You'll always have a place with us." Sunset reassured him.

"Definitely." Starlight added

Shadow looked around at Sunset, Pinkie, Starlight, Rouge, Omega and even Commander Tower. Despite everything Eclipse had told him, it turned out it wasn't true. He now realized that the bonds he had made here were indeed meaningful and nothing the Black Arms told him could change it. He started to feel perhaps he wasn't out of place after all.

"Well...I guess it wouldn't hurt." He decided, making Pinkie grin widely.

"Yeaaaah!" She said with excitement as she rushed into give Shadow a bear hug and lifted him from the ground, making him grunt as she put him back down.

"It's good you said yes. Otherwise, I would have forced you to go anyway." Rouge told Shadow as she came up and nudged him, causing him to give her a playful smile at her. " Even you can't brood all the time."

"I should be thankful you're looking out for me." Shadow said in a light but dry tone.

"Then let's go, everybody!" Pinkie exclaimed as she came on top of Omega's shoulder. "Come on Mr. Robot. I'll show you, you can have a good time without blowing things up!"

"This I doubt." Omega answered with skepticism.


Later, in front of Sweet Apple Acres during the evening, the doorbell to the front door rang. AppleJack then went towards it as she opened up. When she did, she saw Pinkie, Starlight, Sunset, Shadow, Rouge, Omega and even Commander Tower.

"Woah, howdy y'all!" She greeted to her friends before her eyes landed on Shadow, taking her back slightly. She figured he wasn't going to come at all.

"Shadow, ya really gonna join us?" She asked him.

"Don't get used to it." He replied.

AppleJack then turned her attention to the G.U.N agents.

"Howdy, my name's AppleJack. Who are you fellas?" She questioned.

"We're Shadow's friends." Rouge told her. " A pleasure to meet you."

"Friends. I suppose." Shadow said under his breath.

"Well, come on in! Everyone else is here and we're just gettin' started!" AppleJack invited.

The entire group headed into AppleJack's home to join in on the occasion. Shadow was the last one to enter and as he did, he closed the door behind him.

Comments ( 5 )

...Are you going to post a chapter describing the party?Because you really should!

8430258
I figured. Which is absolutely fine.

Gotta say kind of weird to see Shadow fight nega mama wisp, but it was still a pretty cool battle.

"Nice work, Shadow. You can add saving a planet to your list of feats. I guess that makes you and Sonic even." Rouge playfully said, causing Shadow to hmpj."

First you should change "hmpj" to hmph. Second didn't Shadow already save a planet stoping the ark from smashing into the earth and killing the black arms?

And good to see Shadow feeling he belongs somewhere.

Good story!!!

8446128
Thanks for catching that, I edited it, though to be fair, for the first part, he had Sonic's help.

Glad you liked it.

"Time for the ultimate power!" Super Shadow declared as he got close enough to the Nega-Mother Wisp as it was charging a large energy sphere.

I think behold the ultimate power would have been better but hey if he wants to boast let him boast :applejackunsure:

"I will be disappointed if there is a lack of violence." Omega expressed, making Yacker look worried again and Pinkie shoot Omega, a 'not helping look.'

Sorry Pinkie but I agree with Omega, this is the final battle so we need violence!!!:flutterrage:

"You have efficiently completed this mission. Though I do wish there was more of..." Omega started to say before Rouge, Starlight, and Sunset shot him looks.

".....hugs?" Omega finished in an unsure manner before he whispered to Shadow. "Is that what the fleshlings wished for me to say?" Shadow shrugged before he turned to the others.

"Though I did save this world, I must admit...." Shadow started to say, as all eyes were on him. They were waiting for him to finish.

"Come on, say it." Sunset said with a smile. "You can do it."

"I....I......couldn't have done it without your help." Shadow said in a small tone, making everyone save for Omega beam

...This made me cry of laughter...so funny :rainbowlaugh:

He says: No problem. We owe you after the Sonic look alike helped us. Hope you guys have fun back on your planet and say hi to Sonic and Tails for us. " Rouge translated, making everyone else save for Omega slightly laugh due to Yacker's comment on Shadow, whose raised an eyebrow.

"Sonic look alike? Don't lump us in together." Shadow muttered as he crossed his arms.

"You know it's trueeeee." Pinkie teased, causing Shadow to pout slightly.

I imagine him pouting the same way he did when he couldn't participate in the tournament at the casino...you know when they adapted Sonic Fighters in the Archie comics :yay:

The entire group headed into AppleJack's home to join in on the occasion. Shadow was the last one to enter and as he did, he closed the door behind him.

And let's hope that door stays closed and he never turns back to open It again...sorry couldn't resist...gotta say nice way to adapt this part of the Archie Comics and I'm glad you didn't fully eliminate Eclipse...I really like him and hope you make him come back later :ajsmug:

Login or register to comment