• Published 10th Apr 2017
  • 413 Views, 0 Comments

A Tale of Two - Inactive Pone



The two couples have their children now. It was great at first, but things got a little out of hand...

  • ...
 0
 413

Chapter 12 (The End): Recovering Friendship

A year after the war, everything was just fine. Nothing bad happening, peace continued to spread, and all was well. The group was at what's possibly the pinnacle of their legacy so far. They thought their adventures are probably over by now, so most of them just returned back to their normal lives.

But to those two, they could never forgive themselves for what they have done to everyone. Even though they know it wasn't them, they were still very guilty about it.

That day, Astell felt very depressed and was alone in her room.

'(Sigh) What have I done?' She thought to herself.

Then, Frisk came in.

'Hi Astell, how are you feeling today?' She asked.

'Not really much.' Astell replied. 'I just want to be alone for a bit.'

Frisk was confused and knew something was wrong. 'What's wrong, Astell? You don't sound as good as you were before...'

She sighed. 'I said nothing is wrong with me, mom. Leave me alone for a bit.'

'Why?'

'(Sigh) I never told anyone about it. Not even Lunar. I feel so guilty about starting the war. I never wanted to hurt you guys, I never did. Yet, I let the dark magic seep inside me when I slept. I should've been much more cautious. I feel like... my friendship with him is falling apart recently. Both of us regret what we have done, but we can never forgive ourselves for what we did. And I feel so sad that I can't turn back anymore.' Astell confessed.

'Why would you ever say that, Astell? You're my daughter. You can tell me about it. What brought this up?' Frisk asked, sitting beside her.

'Because ever since I was little, I have been Lunar Sparkle's best friend. I have never had a fight this big with him before. What if... (sobs) what if he never forgave me after all? He said he was sorry, but did he really mean it? I never knew if he really did feel bad. I even hoped to win his heart one day when I'm older... But will he accept me now?'

Frisk gasped and had a bit of a frown on her face. She pulled her daughter close and touched her shoulders.

'Listen, my child. I really hope I don't ever hear that coming out of your mouth again. I'm not mad at you, I just wanted you to forget about your wrongdoings. Lunar will look up to you, and you will do the same with him. It doesn't matter what your past is like, the bond between you both is unbreakable. Twilight and I will guide you to know more about friendship, I know you can be a wonderful successor of mine. I believe in you, Astell Dreemur.'

Then, Gromiz came in as well.

'What's happening?' He asked.

Frisk whispered what she confessed to her. He sighed.

'Look, I'm sorry, Astell. I never knew how bad this magic is. And, I know the truth behind the darkness. However, that is something to worry about on another day. Never forget how much your friends love you, please...' He comforted, helping to dry her tears.

'Thanks, guys. I don't know what I'll do without you both.' Astell cried.

Twilight called Frisk from behind the door. 'Frisk, is Astell in there?'

They were whispering with the door slightly opened. Afterward, she turned to Astell.

'Oh, and I think someone wants their best friend right now.' She said, smiling.


When Astell entered the room, Lunar was crying.

'Hey... Are you okay, Lunar?' She asked.

'(Sobs) I'm fine... Don't bother me.' replied Lunar.

She was speechless. She knew he was thinking of the same thing.

'It's okay, my best friend. I know how you feel. I'm sorry too.'

Lunar stopped crying. 'You are?'

'Of course, I'm sorry. I never wanted this to happen. You and I were best friends for life. We rarely fought, remember? I would never hate you. In my heart, you're always my hope. you're everything I wanted. I didn't want to lose you in the war we made. You're not just my friend, to be honest. I feel like we're more like a pair of siblings as well. That's why I love you so much.' She said, sitting next to him.

Lunar smiled. 'Are you joking?'

She shook her head. 'Why would I joke about this kind of feeling? We have a special bond. Our friendship will never be broken again. I promise you, I will always be your friend. No matter what happens. Come what may; No matter if we're miles apart, no matter if we fight to our last breath, no matter if we pass... In our hearts, we're always together.'

'(Chuckles) I will surely forgive you, then.' He finally said. 'So... Sis?'

Astell laughed. 'Yeah? I like the nickname, by the way.'

He was acting weirdly, and he didn't want Astell to see his embarrassed face.

'I have been waiting to say this since the day we became best friends,' He confessed, spawning a few purple flowers to give to her. 'I know we're a bit young, but...'

She beamed. She knew what he was going to say, and hugged him tightly on his bed.

'(Giggles) I love you so much, Lunar Sparkle.' She said.

He gasped and grinned. 'Oh, I love you too.'

Their parents were outside the room, softly giggling.

'Love surely won, didn't it everyone?' Twilight asked.

Nathan nodded. 'I couldn't agree more, sweetheart.'

'So Frisk, are you okay with this?' asked Asriel.

She smiled. 'You know what my answer will be. But how about you guys, then?' She said as she walked away with happiness in her heart.



Somewhere in the vast depths of space, someone was laughing as he looked at the planet of Equestria.

'(Snickers) So, even he has failed, huh? Man, this girl is tough.' He thought. 'If she's really that hard of a target... Let's see if she can survive this, then...'

He pulled out a device and tossed it down. It landed inside of the forest, and he flew away in hopes it will work. 'If Frisk Dreemur can survive this... I will have to step into the game, and leave her no choice.'

And so, the fate of Equestria plunges into darkness once again...

**The End?**

Author's Note:

Darn it! Missed it by 200 or so words from my second target (25k), oh well. :rainbowlaugh:

Thanks for reading my story, as always. This is episode 5 of the series and as you can tell from the cliffhanger, I will make an episode 6, and it will be the finale of the series. HOWEVER! I will not post it as a single story. What I will do is I will combine all 5 episodes, add some new stuff, then write episode 6 and an episode 7-ish in that story!

If it gets rejected for being a rewrite, then I will post it as a single story, with episode 6 and 7 linked into one.

That's it, and that's all. What will happen next? You'll have to read the finale to find out... When will I post it exactly? I dunno, exams will be due in June and projects are coming up, expect it sometime in the summer. See you then!

Written by: Nathan Hon
Inspired by: My other story, Rise Of Equestria. Go check it out!
Idea from: The cliffhanger I made from the last story, where the two couples got married.
Songs used: (Holy moly good thing I did not use as many songs as last time.)
1. Stronger than you parody in chapter 5 (Again.) (Undertale fan-made song)
2. The Confrontation in chapter 9 (From Princess Trixie Sparkle)
3. A Changeling Can Change (Song from Season 6)

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment