• Published 10th Apr 2017
  • 413 Views, 0 Comments

A Tale of Two - Inactive Pone



The two couples have their children now. It was great at first, but things got a little out of hand...

  • ...
 0
 413

Chapter 3: Broken Apart

The wizard flew to the children's room during the middle of the night. The two were sleeping quietly together, making little sound. They didn't know that this will possibly be the last time it'll happen.

'Look at them, being so sweet to each other...' He said, unamused. He took out the souls. 'Once I replace their souls, they will hate each other, and they will keep on fighting and arguing with each other. Once I collect enough hatred from them, I will escape from the moon and take revenge on that girl who nearly killed me so long ago.'

For convenience, he pulled the two a little bit apart, trying his best to not wake them up.

'(Giggles) Stop tickling me, Astell...' Lunar giggled in his sleep.

Then it was her turn. 'Lunar, stop it! That tickles!' She giggled.

The wizard was very impatient. 'Oh my freaking god, will you two shut up and let me do the spell?' They were asleep again. 'Okay, good. Now for you to meet your arch nemesis.'

He created a sound border, so that no one outside the room can hear anything. Then, he proceeded with the spell. He got the hearts, and levitated them both. Then, while changing their souls, the two suffered from it's pain and woke up.

'(Gasp) What the- Ahhh! No!' Astell cried in pain. 'Lunar! Lunar! Wake up!' She was shaking her friend.

'Huh? What's wrong with- Ahhh!!! Nonononono! What's going on!?' He cried, hugging Astell tightly.

'Please let me do it... All I need to do now, is to separate them and put the souls inside.' The wizard thought.

He separated them apart, and the souls were ready.

'No! Astell, no!' Lunar cried.

'Lunar, what's going on? Why are we like this!?' She was crying.

He was ready to perform the last part of the spell. 'Come on... Now!'

As soon he commanded the souls, it flew into the two's bodies.

'No... I don't like this!' Lunar cried.

A second later, both of them screamed in pain as they were transforming to their new self. Soon enough, they collapsed.



An hour later in the middle of the night, the girl woke up.

'Wh-what? What happened?' The girl cried. She looked at herself, and gasped. She was fully in red now, with a little crystal feel on her skin. She saw a boy beside her, same as her but in blue.

He woke up. 'Hey, what are you doing here?' He said rudely.

'Lunar? Are you okay?' She asked.

'What do you mean by that? Oh, and please, I am Sapphire Blue. Don't call me whatever you just called me.' He said. 'By the way, who are you anyway?'

She thought for a bit, and then it clicked in her head. 'I'm... I'm not Astell anymore. I'm Ruby Red.'

'Pfft, that's a stupid name. And besides, we both know who is the better one here anyway.' Sapphire snapped, pushing Ruby.

She pushed back angrily. 'Hey, what was that for? And no, I am the better one, you know that.'

'What? No, I'm stronger than you!' He yelled.

Ruby crossed her arms, feeling upset. 'You're stronger than me? What are you talking about?'

Both of them turned to each other, feeling very cross and angry with each other.

'You do not want to see how I take this the hard way.' Sapphire warned her.

She let out a hmph. 'So? I can prove I am better and stronger than you.'

'Ruby, stop saying you're better than me, you know the better one is me.'

Ruby was frustrated. 'Shut up, you idiot!' She slapped him angrily.

Both of them were furious at each other. Their sparks collided in the middle in a flash of purple, and they were pushing against each other's foreheads. They kept on arguing over the better and stronger one, until they were so angry, that they did something that their old selves rarely do.

'(Grunts) You'll regret this...' Sapphire said.

Ruby was thinking of the same thing. '(Grunts) No, you will...'

'I hate you so much!' They both yelled at each other, starting to get into a fight, that lasted till dawn.


Since that day, the two hated each other. The others never knew as the wizard was the puppet master behind all of this, and made it so that Astell and Lunar will return to their normal selves, having no memory of anything happening. The others didn't know they fought during night, when no one was watching, as sound barriers were put on the doors of their room.

Ruby and Sapphire hated anything that resembles the other. They fought over games, ideas, space in their room, just about anything. They totally disagreed with the idea of balance between them that Lunar once suggested. Yet, no one in the whole group knows about it.

They were arguing again one night.

'Ugh, why do I have to be sleeping with you in the same room?' Ruby said, frustrated.

'What? You have your space, I have my space, is that not enough?' Sapphire yelled at her.

Ruby was getting into bed. 'No, I mean why is there literally one bed for us to sleep on, and it's so freaking frustrating because you are in the way of my sleep every night!'

'What? No, you go back to your space, you always sleep on my side!' He said.

Later, they slept on opposite sides, not looking at each other.

The wizard was watching all the action happen, and his hatred bar finally got to 100 percent.

'Haha, yes! Finally! After so long of being stuck on the moon... She will finally pay!' He roared. 'So now... I can get all of this power, and return to the Earth.'

With a button after consuming the magic, he can now swoop down from the moon to Earth with a push of the button for him to return to Earth.

'Okay... Now to get to the hot and spicy part of my plan...' He said mischievously.

During the night, Ruby kept twisting and turning, and so was Sapphire. Then, by accident, they hit each other while sleeping.

Sapphire got up angrily. 'Ow, Ruby! I told you not to do that!'

Ruby got up as well. 'What!? You started it!'

Suddenly, an idea clicked into Sapphire's head. 'Okay, we've been arguing for a while now. I have a way to find out who's the better side.'

'Oh, and what could that be?' Ruby said, crossing her arms.

'Do you know about... a thing called war?

She immediately understood. 'Oh, you're going down.'

'Very well. I am leading the pony side, you lead the human side, this is going to happen, pony war two is happening. Time to find out which side is superior. No more garbage about the humans and ponies getting along with each other, time to brainwash them and get them to do what we want.' Sapphire said.

Ruby wanted more. 'You know what, we HAVE been arguing for a long time. And oh, how convenient. Red versus Blue, just like in video games. No mercy, one side takes it all. One of us is dying by the end of this war.'

They were both angry. They both disagreed with each other that the other side was stronger. They disagreed with anything to do with other race is better than their own. They hated each other to the complete maximum level.

'Alright, fine! Let settle this debate then, deal?' Sapphire put out his promise finger.

The two were pressed close furiously. Ruby took the promise.

'Fine! Are we good now?' She asked.

'Ugh, I don't care anymore!' Sapphire yelled.

'I hate you!' They both yelled, and then fought again. They slept completely not facing each other this time.


The next day, the two kids were nowhere to be seen by their parents.

'Oh, Lunar~ It's getting late in the morning now, are you snuggling with Astell again?' Twilight called out, opening the door. Then, she discovered they were gone for some reason.

'Hey sweetheart, what's the matter?' Nathan touched her from behind.

She gasped. 'Wh-where are they? They're gone!'

'What? Nonsense! You've been reading to much horror stories recently, have you? Come on, that can't be-' He peeked into the room. 'OH MY GOSH YOU'RE RIGHT!' He screamed.

Frisk and Asriel heard him screaming from the other room.

'Nathan?' Frisk wondered. She put down the book they were reading and went to them.

'What's going on?' Asriel asked.

Nathan was sweating. 'Guys... You might want to see this...'

He opened the door, and both of them were shocked.

'What!? Where did they go?' Frisk cried.

'I have no idea, they just weren't there anymore!' Twilight replied nervously.

Asriel thought for a bit, and had an idea. 'Well, what are we waiting for then!? We have to go find them!'

They went down to streets of town, to find their children.

'Astell! Where are you?' Asriel cried.

'Where have you ran off to?' Frisk followed her husband's words.

The chances of them finding her are pretty slim, but for the other couple, it was easier, but still hard.

'Lunar, come out now! Your mother is here if you're scared!' Twilight called out.

'Don't worry, we're not mad, just please show us you're okay!' Nathan cried.

However, they had no luck in the end. Going back in tears, they felt they have lost someone for the first time in years. As the others saw them, they felt sorry too.

'Oh, hi guys, no luck, I suppose?' Mark asked.

'(Sigh) Yep, we had no luck.' Frisk replied.

Stacy went over to comfort Nathan, who was shedding a few tears.

'It's okay, you guys did your best. You still have your friends.' She said.

'Thanks, Stacy. Usually people probably don't understand, but you guys do.' He told her to let go.

'How about some Netflix to chill out? That can probably help.' Jessica asked.

Asriel nodded to her.

But then, right when they were getting into the middle of the show that night, something bad happened. All of a sudden, the lights came up.

'Hey! Who turned on the light to ruin to atmosphere?' Dan asked, looking around.

'It wasn't me, and I didn't see anyone turning it on either!' Joseph said.

The lights then flickered on and off, like in a horror movie.

'Is it the fact we have been watching way too much horror movies, or is this actually happening?' Jessica pondered.

As the lights went out again, they heard a scream.

'What the- Frisk!?' Twilight cried.

She was struggling, but the others have no idea what she's struggling to escape from.

'(Grunts) What in the world is this!?' She screamed.

Suddenly, Asriel was struggling too.

'Ahh! What the hay is this!?' He cried.

The mysterious girl disabled the spell, and revealed who she was.

'Astell Dreemur!?' Everyone gasped at the same time.

She shook her finger at them. 'I'm not Astell anymore... I am now Ruby Red, and oh, mom and dad, you are coming with me for this one...'

'My child, stop it!' Asriel snapped.

With magic, Mark grabbed the swords for everyone.

'You want a fight!? We'll give you a fight, alright!?' He yelled.

But as soon he said that, Ruby grabbed all the humans except Nathan. Everyone was screaming in fear.

'Have you gone insane!?' Nathan yelled.

'Oh, no I have not...' She turned to her parents. 'Now, you guys are the humans... You are loyal to the human race... join my side, and we will prevail.'

'Wh-What? What do you- Wait...' Frisk stuttered.

She nodded. 'It's been a while... Let's start Pony War Two, shall we?'

'What? No!' Frisk cried.

Suddenly, she seemed to be brainwashing all the humans on her side.

'All hail the human race!' They said in unison.

'Astell, stop it right now!' Nathan yelled, charging for her with his sword. Then, somepony grabbed him and Twilight from behind.

'Oh no you don't...' He said. 'You're on my side, you're my parents!'

Twilight looked behind her. 'Lunar Sparkle! What are you doing!?'

'You guys support the ponies, don't you? Oh, and I'm Sapphire Blue, by the way.' He explained, charging up a spell.

'No... no no no no no!' Nathan tried to escape from the spell, but failed.

Then, the two saw each other.

'Hey, you! Hold up one minute!' Ruby demanded, walking to Sapphire.

'Whoa whoa whoa, hang on!' He yelled back, walking to her.

Both of them were pressed close, pushing each other angrily.

'Ugh, why are you here, Sapphire?' She asked.

'I could ask you the same thing!'

Ruby took out what looks like a pendant. It was a pendant of the two former best friends.

'I'm so done with you... If you're gonna be like this, then I'm breaking up with you!' Ruby cried, throwing her's on the ground.

Sapphire did the same, and crushed it to pieces. 'Fine! Let our war begin then!'

Feeling extremely cross with each other, they both turned to opposite ways, and carried their most loyal members away. Ruby went back to the portal, and Sapphire went back to the castle. As the two couples left, they wanted to get back together so badly.

'No! Twilight, I need you, I can't be alone again! Not like last time!' Frisk cried.

'(Grunts) Stop it, Lunar! Frisk, you have to keep in touch with me, we will get back together, I promise!' Twilight replied to her.

Ruby used her magic and pointed her gun at her mom's face.

'Reply to her again, and I will pull the trigger.' She said with a cold smile.

'Okay! Fine! Never thought my daughter can control me...' Frisk replied with her arms in the air.


As the wizard was chilling out, watching all the action happen with a screen in front of his eyes, he was very pleased.

'Ah, splendid. Can't believe how brilliantly my plan turned out,' He thought. 'Now, to find a way to make myself innocent and I can continue building up my secret weapon here...'

He turned the device off, and walked away, laughing to himself.

Author's Note:

YAY! Broke my PB again with 2,416 words! (My last record was from Golden soul, 2316 words)