• Published 10th Apr 2017
  • 412 Views, 0 Comments

A Tale of Two - Inactive Pone



The two couples have their children now. It was great at first, but things got a little out of hand...

  • ...
 0
 412

Chapter 7: Return to Normal

The battle rages on between the two races. And, the day that the four venture out to free their children, they planned it very carefully. Lucky for them, the two leaders told each side that they were going to be taking their stand against the other. The legends were pleased to know that, since they wanted to do it at the perfect moment.

This truly will be the ultimate clash. Everyone acknowledged that. Yet, to make it a surprise, no one will be able to see who wins, as they wanted to take it one step further. Sapphire tried to lure Ruby into the ocean to fight him, so she will be completely destroyed by him, since he has the power to fight on the sea.

Sapphire slowly stepped across the waves of the ocean.

'She will not defeat me here, I have the upper hand this time.' He thought.

A second later, a fiery blade flew by, nearly cutting his head off. He turned around, to see Ruby levitating in the air.

'You think you have the upper hand in this unavoidable match just because you can fight on the sea? Well, I can just levitate like it's nothing! Besides, I have magic to thank for these wings.' She said, pulling her sword out.

He turned into a human and pulled out his sword as well. 'Very well, then. I cannot win fairly if it's uneven anyway. So, are you willing to die on my hands yet?

She shook her head. 'I think you mean that you're going to die, right? No more catchy music like our parents had last time... One of us will fall right here, and the other side takes it all.'

With their determined look, they looked fiercely to the other.


Up in the air, Frisk and Twilight were helping the other two to fly to the battling leaders.

'Remind me why they started this war again,' Nathan said.

'(Sigh) Magic from Gromiz took over them, and now they hate each other for good.' Twilight sighed.

As they got to the middle of the ocean, they heard sounds; sounds of two people fighting each other fearlessly. The two ponies rushed over to the scene and finally stand with no one left but them.

'Hold it, I see them right there!' said Asriel.

'So, do you guys want to do this now, or do we wait for them to fight for a bit first?' Frisk asked.

Twilight shook her head, smiling. 'Let's wait for a bit, I am enjoying this battle, for some reason. And besides, you guys want to know which one of them is actually stronger, right?'

They all nodded.

Both of them were at an impasse, and they showed no mercy to each other. Their hands were blood-stained, yet they don't feel pain until the other is finished.

Sapphire knocked her away. 'This time, I'll get you!' He fired his magic attack.

Ruby did the same as well. 'I won't lose!'

Both magics collided, leaving a huge explosion that was so powerful, it even knocked the group away.

Asriel almost fell off, but grabbed Frisk's wing and she flung him back up. 'Phew! That was scary!'

'Wait for the perfect time... When I nod to you guys, get the soul out.' Twilight said.

Ruby just woke up from the blast, coughing.

'Where in the world are you, Sapphire? I know you did that!' She demanded.

As soon she said it, he appeared from behind and clashed his sword against hers. Then came a sword fight. Both of them were exhausted, but they know if they back up, the other will kill them.

'It's no use, give up already!' Sapphire yelled, fighting her on the ground.

She swung her sword angrily and got up. 'No, never!'

As their swords clashed once again, sparks were forming between the two furious captains. They didn't want to let their race down at all. All of a sudden, they heard a scream.

'Stop it!!!!' Twilight screamed from above.

The both stopped fighting and looked up in front of them. Nathan and Asriel were holding the two's souls, calmly and bravely. Twilight performed the royal Canterlot voice spell so that they could hear them.

'Guys... Stop your fighting, please...' Asriel said.

Upon looking at the souls, memories flooded into their minds. The two's eyes were starting to get moist and wet.

'Mother? Father? Is that you?' They both asked.

The ponies cleared the area around them with a spell, and at the bottom of the ocean, they walked towards them slowly, all smiling.

'We have gone through so much to find you guys...' Frisk said.

In disbelief, Ruby and Sapphire dropped their swords, and looked at their own lost souls.

'We know your names...' Asriel said kindly.

Memories flowed like a stream. Soon, the two's tears were streaming out as well.

Their words were followed by Twilight. 'He has stolen the heart of your true selves...'

Their mind going astray from the curse, the two walked closer to their parents in tears and pain.

Finally, Nathan finishes it up. 'But it's not late to change...'

'...Who you are.' They all said together.

The two's hearts being weighed down, they were down on one leg in front of them. Frisk comforted her daughter lightly and held her head up. Twilight did the same for her son. They said the same thing.

'You guys were friends... Don't you remember?'

The two leaders closed their eyes and nodded. The two couples looked at each other.

'Let's do it now.' Twilight said.

Each holding one soul, both couples, together, placed the soul in front of their hearts. Immediately, they went inside their bodies, and the dark magic seeped away from them, cracking their outside shell open and revealed the two children, who were trapped so long ago. Everyone gasped and had a huge smile on their faces.

The magic carried the two unconscious children to what's sort of an island in the midst of the ocean. Magic also carried the four onto the shore as well.

'It worked... I can't believe it!' Nathan exclaimed happily.

Frisk looked around. 'Hey, I know this place! But, that's besides the point, where did they go?'

Twilight nodded. 'That's right, where did those two go?'

'Let's go find them then! Who knows what happened to them?' cried Asriel.