• Published 18th Mar 2017
  • 1,972 Views, 57 Comments

DEATH BATTLE: Twilight Sparkle VS Lightning Dawn - DakariKingMykan



Twilight Sparkle challenges Lightning Dawn to a big battle

  • ...
129
 57
 1,972

Twilight VS Lightning

Author's Note:

Read this Blog before you read the fic...

https://www.fimfiction.net/blog/722638/reason-i-made-the-death-battle

In a vast field with rock formations and lone trees scattered about, a lone alicorn Princess fluttered down onto the field. She looked all around her and couldn’t see anyone else.

“I guess he decided not to show up after all.” she gloated, but she suddenly ate those words when she heard a loud thump behind her. She turned round and saw her opponent had arrived.

He was a white humanoid alicorn, with a brown mane and tale, and a golden yellow horn. He wore a simple outfit consisting of an armored white vest, white pants, black boots, and in the upper left side of his armor was engraved a unicorn badge with stars all around it, and a code AO0C inscribed beneath.


“Princess Twilight Sparkle…” he called to her softly but deeply.

Twilight narrowed her eyes, “Lightning Dawn! Part of me is glad you showed up for this.”

Lightning sighed shamefully, shook his head and tried to reason with her. “We don’t have to do this. We can still call it off.”

“Shut up!” shouted Twilight “We’re having this battle so I can put you in your place once and for all!”


Lightning sighed again, “You disappoint me. I thought you Equestrians were all about Friendship and understanding… Well, I guess I thought wrong, but again I suggest you agree to call this fight off.”

Twilight could only scoff, “Two things! One: This is no ordinary fight, it’s a Death Battle… and two: Why should I agree to call it off. You Space Ponies are nothing but blood thirsty war-mongers who denounce friendship at every corner and solve your problems with violence, and worse you claim that you’re Oh-so-much better than we Equestrians.”

Lightning folded his arms in disgust, “Are you even listening to yourself?” he practically yelled at her. “We only fight because we have to. We fight for justice and peace. You yourself would do what we did if faced with those situations.”

Twilight only yawned as if she had ignored everything he said. “Yeah, um… I don’t care what you claim. The fact is we’re going to fight, I’m going to win and show you and your entire race up for the way you insult me and my friends.”


Lightning could see by now there was obvious no reasoning with Twilight Sparkle, and it would be in vain to inform her that he was only concerned for her well-being. Though he was an alicorn that could do no natural magic, thanks to his years of intense training and pushing himself beyond limitations and boundaries that most suffered from, as well as being armed with powerful technologies… they were not evenly matched. It would not be a fair fight.

“I gave you a chance to spare yourself… but you leave me no choice.” he said to her. Then he shouted out loud “Starfleet Magic!” and pressed on his energizer badge, immediately donning a super suit.

A white spandex suit and gloves with golden bands at the wrists, all made of a highly condensed polymerized alloy, more than ten times stronger than titanium. His armor vest was now stronger as well and outfitted with golden shoulder pads, a golden triangular guard at the lower part, and across his eyes he wore a golden visor with dark windows.

“Ready when you are.” he called to her.

Twilight clopped her hoof twice in a threatening manner and grinned wickedly.

It was time for a DEATH BATTLE!!

FIGHT!!

Twilight reared up on her hind legs, neighing like the horse she was, and charged forth, straight at Lightning, whom just stood casually where he was with his arms by his side and a rather unimpressed expression on his face.

Twilight roared as she readied to ram him, but at the last second, he seemingly vanished causing her to miss. She looked behind him, and there he was.

“How did you do that?” she asked. “Elementary my dear princess.” he boringly replied.

At first Twilight thought it was teleportation, but dismissed that thought remembering that Lightning couldn’t do magic.

She rushed at him again, only for him to vanish again causing her to miss and he was right behind her again, sitting on the ground with his legs crossed neatly.

She tried three more times, only for the same thing to happen each time. Then Twilight realized what was happening… it wasn’t magic, it was speed.

Thanks to Lightning’s training, with his speed and quick reflexes, he was able to zip out of the way before Twilight could get anywhere near him.

“Alright… have it your way then!” she jeered, and she rushed at him again, but halfway along she vanished… teleported out of sight.

Lightning snickered softly and said under his breath, “She’ll have to do better than this.”

He tapped into his visors sensory systems and detected the precise exit point of the teleport magic.

Suddenly, Twilight reappeared and rammed straight for him, only he held out his leg and tripped her off her feet. “Have a nice trip?” he teased.

Twilight was really getting annoyed, but she got up on her feet and made her horn glow brightly, zapping Lightning with a powerful spell.

“Huh?!” Lightning groaned as he stood stiff and still.

“An immobilizing spell, so now you can’t move at all.”

Lightning stood exactly where he was, shrouded in Twilight’s magic. Twilight moved in closer, standing on her hind legs and pounding her hoof with her other hoof in a threatening manner.

Finally, right before him she swung her hoof back for a huge punch, but suddenly Lightning raised his hand and caught it stopping her dead in her tracks much to her shock and confusion.

Lightning sniggered and gave his head a slight jerk revealing he hadn’t been immobilized at all. “You just never listen, do you…?” he taunted. "That weak magic of yours won't... work... on... me!

You just can't accept when you're wrong, can you?"

Twilight fussed and pulled hard to try and yank herself free from Lightning’s grasp, which surprisingly hurt to the touch.

She then gave one big jerk, at the same time Lightning let her go, causing her to fly backwards and land on the ground.

“I don’t understand…!” cried Twilight.

“Of course you don’t… so I’ll have to explain this as well.” said Lightning “In my training I do powerful exercises like digging with my bare hands, pulling heavy loads like giant tree logs myself, running from country to country… things like that, and by repeating them over and over each day I pushed my body beyond its built in limitations and created an incredible dexterity that makes me invulnerable to magics beneath my level.

My body’s so solid, that magic you fired couldn’t penetrate into me-- it's too weak.

This battle suit I wear also enhances my natural abilities a-hundred times. I’m surprised you don’t realized the many possibilities there are in some things. Maybe if you spent as much time researching more than just friendship, you would.”

"What are you saying?" asked Twilight "That I can't use any of my spells?"

Lightning shook his head, "No... you CAN use you spells on me. They just won't work!"

Twilight felt her blood boiling, so hot that she practically flared up.

“Oh, did I strike a nerve…?” Lightning cheekily asked.

Infuriated, Twilight cast a small dome like helmet on Lightning's head. "How do you like that?!" she sneered? "In five minutes... all the air will be gone, and you'll suffocate!"

Lightning seemed unfazed by this at all.

"Fine! Have it your way!" sneered Twilight, and she used her magic to remove all the air instantly, hoping Lightning would suffocate, but Lightning simply raised his hands to the dome, and gave it a simple flick... causing the dome to shatter like it was made of thin ice!

Twilight gasped in extreme shock!!

"Humph!" grunted Lightning "You think such a pitiful spell like that can contain me? You've been reading too many fairy tales."

Twilight could not believe this was happening at all; one of her best spells did nothing at all!!

Still, she tried one last time, and enchanted a simple rock on the ground with her magical enamor spells. "Oh, Lightning... look here." she said as she easily showed him the enchanted stone, which seemingly put Lightning in a trance at first glace of it.

He held the rock in his hands, and looked so mesmerized by it. That's when Twilight took her chance, and charged to ram him hard... only for Lightning to slyly step out of the way, and tripping off her feet again.

Twilight rubbed the dirt from her face as she got up, and saw Lightning glaring nastily at her-- he was never hypnotized by her spell, much to her disdain, "You've GOT to be KIDDING me?!!" she groaned.

"I kid you not!" sneered Lightning "My body is not only well-trained psychically, but my mind is trained well too. It'll take more than a weak spell like this to hypnotize or control me."

Lightning then decided to have a little pity with her and powered his suit down, and then he threw off his armor vest and his boots. Now he only wore his pants and his under shirt.

Twilight felt most insulted, and unwilling to give up she concentrated hard, “It looks like I underestimated you, but let’s see how you fight what you can’t even see!”

With that, she cast a spell of darkness, sealing them in a large bubble-like dome and surrounded by shadowy fog. Anyone wandering around it wouldn’t be able to see their hands or hoofs in front of their face.

Lightning felt impressed, “I knew Equestrians were capable of such magic, but I never thought it this strong.”

Twilight snickered cheekily somewhere in the fog, “So do you admit my ways are better than yours?”

“Different… yes, but far from better, given its level.”


Twilight growled softly, but then concentrated on sensing Lightning’s presence in the fog. She found him, and charged at him, but she hit nothing but air.

“Missed me…!”

“What?!” snapped Twilight.

“I said you missed me.”

“It was a rhetorical question!” growled Twilight. She sensed for him again and charged, but missed again, and again, and again.

“Let me guess… you have night-vision too?” Twilight asked.

“Don’t be silly…” sneered Lightning. “Even if I did, my eyes aren’t even open.”

Twilight froze on the spot.

“That’s right…” continued Lightning “We train for many situations in Starfleet. I may not be able to see you, but I can still tell where you are and where you’re coming from… by the sounds of your breathing and your footsteps.”


Twilight then felt Lightning place his hand on her back, which scared her so much, she jumped right up and through the dome, shattering it and dispelling the fog.

Lightning reopened his eyes, and looked at Twilight. She was panting and starting to look a little shaky, while the truth was he hadn’t even thrown his first punch yet.

“I can’t give up!” Twilight said to herself “The honor of Equestria, the spirit of friendship is at stake. I’m not going to let some overpowered pony make a fool of me!”

Lightning was feeling very bored with this fight, though he did admire Twilight for her courage he couldn’t help but say in his thought, “Her determination is high, and that’s good, but that’s the extent of it. If she doesn’t stop this soon she’ll knock herself to bits, and acting overconfident will be the thing that brings her down for sure.”


Twilight’s eyes shined brightly, and her whole body was bathed in white light.

“What are you doing now?” asked Lightning. He got his answer when six magical relics appeared above her head; one of them was a crown with a star gem in the center. It softly landed on her head.

The other five relics just floated in midair, but in a wall of bright lights and magica aura, five more ponies appeared.

The spirits of Rarity… Rainbow Dash… Applejack… Pinkie Pie… and Fluttershy…

One-by-one, each of them seemed to speak to Twilight.

Rarity: “We’re with the all the time, darling.”

Rainbow Dash: “You bet! Now get in there and kick his rump!”

Applejack: “Eeyup! Show him whose boss girl.”

Pinkie Pie: “This is so excited!”

Fluttershy: “Yay.”


Lightning watched in astonishment. He wasn’t pretending to be this time, he really was amazed.


“You see, Lightning Dawn…” Twilight called to him in a majestic voice, “My friends may not be here with me, but we are connected… connected by the friendship, the love, the magic we share through one another, and in the Elements of Harmony.

Something you and your space pals spend so much time denouncing and saying “is no good!”

Lightning closed his eyes and hung his head low a little.


“Look at that… I think he’s lost it now.” said Rainbow.

“Well, he’s all yer’s Twilight.” said Applejack “Get in there and finish him off!”

The others nodded proudly, and Twilight smiled at the spirits of her friends. Then she turned back to face Lightning, “Any last words…?”

Lightning said nothing, and he didn’t even look up.

“Fine…!”

Twilight her friends each called out their element…

Rarity: “Generosity!”

Rainbow Dash: “Loyalty!”

Applejack: “Honesty!”

Pinkie Pie: “Laughter!”

Fluttershy: “Kidness!”

Twilight: “Magic!”


With that done, the elements combined their powers and were unleashed in a stream of colorful lights straight at Lightning, hitting him full force!


When the lights had faded, the five pony images were cheering for joy and Twilight smiled proudly… but her smile faded as she looked on.

“Huh…? It… can’t be!”

The spirits of her friends looked on as well and were just as horrified. There stood Lightning, with not even a scratch on him.

What was more, his golden horn was glowing brightly, and his entire body was glowing in a bright golden light.

“Whatever is that?” cried Rarity.

“I thought he couldn’t do magic.” added Fluttershy.


Lightning’s lips curled into a cheeky smile, “What you are all witnessing is a power so rare and incredible, only ponies with a rare golden horn like me can use it! So while I can’t do normal magic like you can, I still have a power of my own!”


Twilight gawked in astonishment and horror as Lightning glowed brighter than ever, and there, right above him she could see six spirits of other humanoid ponies.

Starla Shine… Buddy Rose… Artie… Rhymey… and the Spanish twins, Dyno and Myte.

“Are those… could it possibly be?!” Twilight stammered.


“It is… Twilight.” replied Lightning “…I have friends too, and though they’re not here with me, I believe in them just as they believe in me, which gives me more strength than ever.”

One-by-one each of the alicorns spoke to the Equestrians…

Starla: “Starfleet doesn’t denounce friendship. We believe in it just as anyone else does.”

Buddy: “We just know that sometimes, it’s not always friendship that will save you.”

Artie: “We know it sounds hard to believe but it’s true. It’s how we all we all became what we are today.”

Rhymey:

We train very hard, you see,
To strengthen both magic and body
With our knowledge so strong, we can barely go wrong,
It is how we attain victory.”

The twins nodded and said together, “You’re going down Chicas!”


Twilight and the spirits of her friends were livid and still determined not to lose, and began to charge up for another blast.

(Skip to 0:38)

“Sorry it has to be this way, but you asked for it.” Lightning said “…UNIFORCE!!”

He unleashed a massive hyperactive wave of golden energy so powerful, it cut right through the Element’s blasts, knocking the six elements away, and blasting the images of Twilight’s friends to ash that sped past Twilight as she SCREAMED IN SUCH TERROR…!!

The light faded, and the entire behind her was completely leveled. Trees were burned, the mountains were reduced to sand, not a blade of grass was left, as for the elements, they all lay on the ground, turned to stone…

The blast had totally blown out their powers, every last drop.

Twilight fortunately had not been his as Lightning aimed very carefully. If he had hit her, she would have been blown to ashes!

Twilight looked so devastated, so frightened. She stood where she was, trembling and whimpering so fearfully.

Lightning stood where he was, still strong and proud. The spirits of his friends had faded.

Twilight finally fell to her knees, and hung her head low as tears came to her eyes.

“I… surrender!”

!!K.O!!

Though many would normally consider the outcome of that battle a rip-off, the facts remained obvious that Lightning could have killed Twilight any time he wanted. Though Twilight’s efforts were good and strong, in the end her power, strength and skills were no match for the power of the intense training she had gone up against.

The winner, by surrender, as well as obvious outmatching… was Lightning Dawn!


Twilight remained where she was, shamed and humiliated over her loss.

Lightning could only take pity on her. “I tried to warn you about this, but you chose to learn the hard way.”

She looked up at him, her expression was a mixture of shame, sadness, anger, jealousy, but most of all, confusion…

“You are a remarkable Pony, Twilight Sparkle, and you have amazing qualities in friendship and harmony, which is fine… but you need to realize and understand that things aren’t always as simple as you think.

You’ve got to consider all your possibilities, realize that your way is not the only way, and most importantly… listen to what other have to say instead of jumping the gun and assuming the worst and thereby making things worse than they already are.”


Twilight said nothing, she really didn’t know what to say or what to think after all she had been told and all she had just experienced.

With the fight now over, Lightning decided to leave. “I wish you the best of luck… until we meet again.”

He leapt up into the sky, though a space-warp portal that had opened, and was gone. Leaving Twilight to consider that she had much to learn still, just as the many before her did.


The final scenes were of Lightning and his friends soaring across the cosmos and searching for new adventures as their struggle against evil and injustice continued!

(Skip to 1:15)

Comments ( 57 )
Comment posted by Commander Darklight deleted Apr 9th, 2017
Comment posted by Hopeful_Ink_Hoof deleted Apr 9th, 2017

I don't see bow you that it sucks. I thought it was actually good, nice job author.

It won't matter if I get a million thumbs down (Since I know most of them are deliberately out of vanity)

Just so we're clear, I downvoted this because its not good, not out of any "vanity".
8031429 said it well. ( Also sticking a YouTube video in the text is pretty much always a bad idea)

Still, this is my fiction, and I do as I please here.

:trixieshiftright: Well, duh!

8031721

I stick vids in my fics to provide a little audio and visual, especially for songs...

You see sometimes they sing EXACT songs, but I can't put the lyrics down as it's against site rules, plus if I put down DIFFERENT/CHANGED lyrics to an EXISTING song, it would be important for people to hear the song to get a better idea.

But in the end of the day, I prefer to think of these less as fics and more as actual TV eps that you could psychically watch

Nothing wrong with that, right?

8031845 no, you are perfectly entitled to do what you want.

8031845
You do realize you could just hide the link within the text so it doesn't distract from the main focus of the story? I get it that you like to incorporate music in your fics. I know some people who say you got a knack for that. But don't you think that sticking videos in the story is a little…sloppy?

But in the end of the day, I prefer to think of these less as fics and more as actual TV eps that you could psychically watch

Nothing wrong with that, right?

No, not at all. It's just how the creator incorporates the song into the story. It's up to the viewer to determine if it fitted at all. Guardians of the Galaxy incorporates the style of "Songs blended into the Story" rather brilliantly. A film like Suicide Squad just cramms a bunch of "pop songs that are hip with the kids", as such, the actual score of the movie is just…there. Because a story like this is just figuratively smashing a bunch of record players together and calling it a soundtrack for a "epsiode". When in reality, it's more akin to a "What if?". As such, the soundtrack is just…bland.

8032277

No I don't think it's sloppy, matter of fact it's the only best way I know how. Using links alone isn't good enough, and it takes AWAY from the fic (At least posting the vid itself fin means you don't have to change pages)

Comment posted by HowMuchWood deleted Apr 9th, 2017
Comment posted by N Harmonik deleted Apr 9th, 2017
Comment posted by DakariKingMykan deleted Apr 9th, 2017

8032680
I like how you just copied the synonyms you got from Google.


Anyway, I disliked the story because it's not good. Acting like you're disliked because, and only because, people hate you specifically is, well, you said it best:

that is Vanity

8032822

It's faster than typing them...

and here, read this... then rethink what you said

https://www.fimfiction.net/blog/722638/reason-i-made-the-death-battle

Just got done reading the Rage Review for this fic...

*sighs*

You want me to link you the review, or what?

8262605

Already read it. The ignorance and attitude in that review were staggering

Comment posted by Penn Hooven deleted Jun 29th, 2017
Comment posted by DakariKingMykan deleted Jun 29th, 2017
Comment posted by Penn Hooven deleted Jun 29th, 2017
Comment posted by DakariKingMykan deleted Jun 29th, 2017
Comment posted by Penn Hooven deleted Jun 29th, 2017
Comment posted by DakariKingMykan deleted Jun 29th, 2017
Comment posted by Penn Hooven deleted Jun 29th, 2017
Comment posted by Penn Hooven deleted Jun 29th, 2017
Comment posted by Thunder-Bolt deleted Jun 29th, 2017
Comment posted by DakariKingMykan deleted Jun 29th, 2017
Comment posted by Thunder-Bolt deleted Jun 29th, 2017
Comment posted by DakariKingMykan deleted Jun 29th, 2017
Comment posted by Thunder-Bolt deleted Jun 29th, 2017
Comment posted by DakariKingMykan deleted Jun 29th, 2017
Comment posted by Thunder-Bolt deleted Jun 29th, 2017
Comment posted by DakariKingMykan deleted Jun 29th, 2017
Comment posted by Thunder-Bolt deleted Jun 29th, 2017
Comment posted by DakariKingMykan deleted Jun 29th, 2017

8262608
I'm honestly curious now. How was the review ignorant? Attitude, I can understand, it is called Rage Reviews after all.

8370423

It's ignorant because people don't know or REFUSE to acknowledge the ACTUAL happenings, and prefer to make fun of.

8370431
What do you mean?

8370857

Well, they don't actually READ between lines or read what's clearly written.

-They claim that Ace Ray was thrown in jail for simple mockery, when it was clearly written he had committed several crimes (assault and battery included) I actually do RESEARCH like they suggest and they STILL mock me (Proof they only care about bullying, and not in improvements as such)

-In Beast boy in Equestria, lots of mockers and riffers scoffed at me for the plane I made them steal, and suggested I use other planes (Planes that were too small to carry everyone, also could not fly fast enough or far enough)

-Even in the Death Battle up there, people think Lightning killed Twilight's friends, when it was clearly written that those were spiritual images of her friends (As in not the real thing)

And there's many, many more... people either don't read the fics properly, or refuse to acknowledge the facts, just to riff and mock.

...Downright, over the top ignorance (usually deliberate)

Twilight may lost but as she tried and even tho I am mad that she lost that doesn't make her way wrong tho besides the two are more like then they think both trained to be where they are today,both are the one of the most powerful of their kind, they have a team supporting,they have a small companion, they have saved their worlds many times,have a strong bond with there teachers.

Plus she could won by changing his race to a breezie and her into space pony

8493503

Um, Twilight can't do that, she can't can't change ponies into other creatures, also (You seem to have forgotten) her magic doesn't work on Space Ponies (their bodies are too thick and solid for the magic to get through)

8493553
Oh yeah(dang it) tho it kinda sounds like a double edge sword In my opinion.that would mean positive magic like healing, restoration, buff ups,and the like won't work unless they can penetrate there hide also twilight isn't a space pony so she can just do it to herself all she needs to do is to touch him or he already has a strain of his DNA and uses it right there and there.tho it would end in a draw plus twilight would be stuck has a space pony

Comment posted by Junkoposter deleted Jan 16th, 2018
Comment posted by DakariKingMykan deleted Jan 16th, 2018
Comment posted by Junkoposter deleted Jan 16th, 2018
Comment posted by DakariKingMykan deleted Jan 16th, 2018
Comment posted by Junkoposter deleted Jan 16th, 2018
Comment posted by DakariKingMykan deleted Jan 16th, 2018

Wow this really isn't that bad... :pinkiesmile:
............ in fact it was kinda good :raritystarry:
w h y i s t h i s l i k e t h e m o s t c o n t r o v e r s i a l t h i n g o n f i m f i c t i on :facehoof:

Ok peoples i came here to read write and enjoy a happy community

banana comes here: :twilightoops:
banana reads : :pinkiehappy:
banana looks in comments: :derpyderp1:
banana sees solidified hate: :rainbowhuh:

the end

can i say i think som of deez comments... on both sides ... are a tiny tinest itsy bittsy bwittle bit rude. i hope bannanaaz not come of rude. banana try not to be rude
just saying

Comment posted by TheShadowKnight deleted Nov 30th, 2018
Login or register to comment