• Published 28th Mar 2017
  • 431 Views, 56 Comments

Mass Core 3: Thebe Paridigm - Unwhole Hole



Starlight Glimmer is dispatched to Council space to retrive the heretic Scootaloo

  • ...
9
 56
 431
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
PreviousChapters
Comments ( 10 )

The first two were a treat to read. I'll be excited to see how this one turns out :D

agggghhh there seems to be another sequel needed, dang cliffhanger, and unanswered question....

I favorite after teasing the whole story. You really did a great job with the overall world building. And how some of it came full circle from the second story.

bravo
much entertained

You did an excellent job of managing the mystery of the Paradigm and the dramatic irony between Starlight and One. I don't think I was consciously worried about how the latter's sudden replacement of Twilight Sparkle would affect this story, but I think it was handled very well making One a sympathetic character (tempered by her cannibalistic tendencies, of course, but hey--no one's perfect). I think Starlight could have spent more time feeling conflicted about One's lies - it sort of felt like she was completely against her until the climax where she finally wasn't, like there wasn't much of an in-between stage. Maybe more emphasis on her sense of betrayal and all the good things they accomplished together would have helped?

The characters were generally really awesome. Inte was absolutely adorable, as well as Six and Seven. Eight and Nine were enjoyable in their own way, though they obviously didn't get as much attention. Character arc wise, I feel as though only Starlight, and to a lesser extent Berry were able to completely finish their arcs. Scootaloo's is mostly there in her quasi-Xyuka state, but it doesn't really have a conclusion within the trilogy. Similarly, it'd be nice to see in greater depth the change in One after the weight of her deceptions had been lifted. The rest of the characters were mostly static, which I think is fine, but it doesn't really compare to e.g. Lyra's arc in MC2.

Highlight moments for me were definitely:

  • Seven speaking for what I think was the first time since her introduction - just a lovely, endearing moment.
  • The arrival of the Questlords in the final battle on Equestria Prime. You nailed that sense of terror and awe at their appearance.

This story and series has been highly enjoyable to read and once again I'm awed by your creative universes and narratives.

Edit: also one thing I forgot to applaud was that every character's point of view was constantly exciting, so that there was never a dip in enjoyment when we switched characters. It really helped to dull the...disappointment? (not quite so strongly worded) when you occasionally switched views on a cliffhanger.

9562468
Apotheosis in this context is the act of a mortal being becoming a god.

By far my fav series
If there is a physical copies of these i would right away buy oy!!
Honestly a great read !!thx man!!!

10121063
These stories were largely written before Andromeda was released, so the homology in character names is purely a coincidence. The character here was from the original trilogy, and is only female half the time.

Great ending. I can only hope that the clone sisters and Scootaloo make up with One someday, and Scoots remembers enough of how to be a good pony to have a happy life with Six.

This was a great read, quite the adventure and conclusion. Top-tier dark sci-fi drama and mystery, and the characters played together beautifully.

With the benefit of five years between this and Conspiracy, I have reached an unusual position. Despite your protestations, if I was to start reading Conspiracy now after having finished the Mass Core trilogy, I would have expected it to be even darker than it was. You have a great talent for writing this genre and theme. The unsettling feeling of everything, everything, being allowed to progress because it served someone else's machinations, was incredibly well done and consistent.

You have a permanent fan.

Login or register to comment