• Published 11th Jan 2017
  • 17,055 Views, 792 Comments

Dragonfire 🐲 Enter The Dragon Hero 🐲 - Phantom-Dragon



Born in the Year of the Dragon, gifted with a powerful magic called the Dragonfire, Spike Draco fights the forces of evils that threatens to destroy the worlds of his friends and family.

  • ...
25
 792
 17,055

PreviousChapters Next
Mission Dragonfire Part 10: Midnight Assault (Chestplate of Valor and the Shield of Purity)

Once inside, the girls began searching from cell to cell, looking for Fleur's parents.

"Hello?" Rainbow called, as she zipped around from door to door. "Any pony here?"

"Hello?" Fluttershy whispered, taking a peek in one of the cells. "Anyone in here?"

"Come out, come out, wherever you are!" Pinkie called.

Just then, a voice was heard crying, "Who's there?"

With that, the girls all dashed to the direction of the voice, where they find, to their surprise, a frightened little girl.

In appearance, the girl has metallic blue hair, and her attires are a purple shirt, gray pants, and pink shoes. Furthermore, the little girl was cuffed from her neck, to her arms and legs, with futuristic technological bands. The sight was enough to make heroines feel sad for the little girl.

"Oh my goodness!" Fluttershy whimpered, as she went up to the bars between her and the girl. "Are you alright little one?"

The girl looked up, staring at Fluttershy in fright, "Wh-wh-who are you?" she stammered in fright.

"Aw, the poor thing's scared to death," Fluttershy whimpered.

"Hey, it's okay," Sunset gently ushered. "We're not here to hurt you."

"Yeah, we're just here to rescue some prisoners," Rainbow added. "Which from the looks of it, includes you."

"R-R-Really?" the girl looked up, to see the ponies all nodding their heads in response. "Oh thank you!" the girl cried cheerfully.

"SHH!! Okay, okay, just keep your voice down," Rainbow shushed. "We're never going to rescue you if you give us away!"

"Okay," the girl smiled.

With that, Twilight and Sunset got to work, using mixed knowledge of magics, including the dark arts, to destroy the lock on the little girl's cell door.

"Starlight?" a voice spoke up, weakly. "Is that you?"

"Huh?" Starlight looked to the cell next door, which Rarity too, took notice. "Who's there?" Lighting up the darkness via horn, Starlight looked into the cell, and gasped, "Sunburst?!"

"Starlight!" a weakened unicorn stallion moaned. "It really is you!"

Laying before her, on the floor, was Starlight's long lost childhood friend, who has apparently seen better days. Judging from the markings on his skin, and the tear marks made on his green-bluish robe; they were all the signs of endless tortures the unicorn had been through. He was emaciated, the bones on his face, and hooves sticking sharply through his dulled orange coat, with vanilla white patches on his hooves and the bridge of his nose. His messy red mane, tail, and goatee, appeared duller than his coat, and dark circles are shown beneath his great blue eyes, framed by a pair of round glasses, with a crack on the left.

"Sunburst!!" Starlight gasped, and with all her might, she manages to break the door open, catching the rest of the girls by surprise, and she jumps into the room, and embraces the stallion. "Oh, Sunburst! I can't believe it! It's you!"

"Feeling's mutual, Star," Sunburst groaned.

"Sacrebleu!" Fleur exclaimed, once she and the others came over. "What happened to you?" She asked, referring to Sunburst's state.


Meanwhile, with Spike and Scorpan

Uncle and nephew, guided by the magic pull of the Shenlong Box, continued to run through the castle's halls, when Scorpan stopped Spike, and sniffed the air.

"Uncle?" Spike asked.

Scorpan sniffed the air, as he sharply turns his head around, to see nothing, "We're not alone!" The gargoyle looked around, as he continues to sniff the air, with Spike joining.

A low, maniacal, creepy laugh was heard, to which Spike's ears perked to.

"Don't lose your nerve, Spike," Scorpan whispered. "Remember what you've been taught."

Nodding his head, Spike closed his eyes, as he stays calm, and stands his ground, together with his uncle, Scorpan. While doing so, Spike's keen senses awaken, as he became more aware of his surroundings, honing in on the tiniest of footsteps, to the foul and strong stenches of smokes.

Spike's eyes burst open, revealing his pupils have become slits, "Look out!" Spike shouted, as both he and his uncle quickly spin themselves around, and kicked some shadow creatures away from each other.

More shadow creatures started to reveal themselves, as they came jumping out of the shadows, or appearing out of thin air, as they set upon Spike and Scorpan. Of course, the two fighters, didn't hesitant to fight back.

The shadow creatures all pounced forward, to which Spike responded by tucking and rolling beneath them, evading as the creatures collided in a puff of smokes. Then, another shadow creature appeared from behind, in the form of a praying mantis. The mantis-like creature slashed its scythe at Spike, who had heard it coming, and quickly ducked down in time to evade its slash, before he did a backflip to dodge its second slash. The mantis monster lunged forward, with its two scythe, only for Spike to jump to the side, before he retaliated with a flying kick, thrusting both legs into the bug's face.

"Nice try," Spike commented. "But I've studied the Praying Mantis style in the Shaolin temple of China!" Frowning, the shadow creature morphed itself into a huge snake, hissing and baring its fangs. Unfazed, Spike took a stance, standing on one leg with both arms held out, "Bring it!" he said challenging.

In response, the snake thrusted its head forward, to which Spike dodged with a quick jump, up in the air. After coming back down for a landing, Spike continues to make quick sidesteps, as he dodges the snake's snapping jaws, before he landed an ax kick to the creature's jaw, followed by a strong side kick that dispersed the creature into smokes.

"Snapping snake's good for catching mice," Spike spoke. "But not white cranes."

"Focus Spike," Scorpan chided. "Even the mighty oak bends before the raging storm."

"What?"

Shaking his head, Scorpan spoke, "Be careful! And do not be overconfident!"

"Gotcha!"

With that, Spike and Scorpan both resumed the fight. One of the shadow creatures lunged at Scorpan, jaws opened wide. But the wise gargoyle stopped it in time, catching him by the maws, as he flapped his wings, and leapt backward, before he smashes the creature in the walls. Meanwhile, another shadow creature took the form of a ninja, as it does battle with Spike. The young boy quickly blocked its punches and kicks, while launching counterattacks of his own, while still receiving from blows from the ninja, and its comrade.

"They just keep coming, uncle!" Spike panted.

"Then it's time to leave," Scorpan replied. "Can you go dragon again?"

"I'm gonna try," With that, Spike concentrated into his powers, as he was momentarily surrounded in a spark of green flames. "It's no use! I still can't do it!"

"Then get behind me, quick!" With that, Scorpan raises his fists up in the air, before he brought them down to the floor, creating a huge shockwave, and a long wave of rocky pillars, jutting from the ground, defeating all of the shadow creatures in range.

"Whoa, uncle!" Spike marveled. "What-"

"Lesson for another time," Scorpan replied, as he grabs Spike by the hand. "Hurry! More will be on the way!" With that, the gargoyle took the young prince, as they flew down a hall, before coming across a huge door.

Then, as if on magic impulse, the Shenlong Box came flying out of Spike's cape, as it flies towards the door. Spike and Scorpan watched as a the door pulsed with the box's magic aura. Before long, the door opens up to reveal what Spike and Scorpan came for.

"At last," Spike said. "The final pieces of the Armor of Heroes!" Looking around the room, while sniffing the air, Spike and Scorpan both took cautious steps, as they walked up to the final pieces.

"The Chestplate of Valor," Scorpan inspected. "And the Shield of Purity," Turning to Spike, Scorpan nodded his head, "And together, with the ones you and your friends have recovered. The armor is complete."

"Yeah, cause with two of these, plus the three in our collection. It's a total of five!" Spike said proudly, before he did a double take. "Wait a minute. Five? Weren't there supposed to be six?"

"You mean you don't have it?" a voice spoke, to which both Spike and Scorpan jumped to see.....

"A draconequus?" Scorpan exclaimed.

"Spike! Old friend!" Discord cried happily.

"Discord?!" Spike exclaimed. "Snips? Snails?"

"I'm-a Wario!" Snails replied.

"Wah! Waluigi, number one!" Snips said.

"Why hello, Spike old friend!" Discord greeted in a flash, as he eagerly shakes Spike's hand, violently shaking the boy up and down. "A sight for sore eyes!" Discord disappears in a flash of light, before he reappears inside one of the inner pockets of Spike's cape. "Wow! I must say, your girlfriend's really outdone herself."


Frozen North

"There," Abacus concluded. "Complete to Mistress Nightmare Moon's specifications," With that, the evil woman and her squadron of Shadowbolts pushed the device into place, before they installed a cloaking device over it. Just then, the mark on Abacus Cinch's hand, and her squadron, all started to glow red, as they burned their skin. "And just in time, too!" With that, the Shadowbolts all disappeared in a puff of smoke.


Meanwhile, back with the girls

The girls had finished freeing the little girl, Crystal Vape, together with Starlight's childhood friend, Sunburst. The girls treated the two to some Zap Apple Pies, courtesy of Applejack, having brought along some for the trip.

"Mmmm," Crystal smiled, savoring the taste. "This is delicious!"

"Glad ya like it," Applejack smiled. "It's my grandma's best recipe!"

"Then I love your grandma, too!" Crystal beamed.

Sunburst was practically wolfing the whole thing, "Gosh, Sunburst," Starlight said in amusement. "Judging by how messy you are, you looked as if you've been treated like a wild animals!"

"Um, that's not my favorite kind of expression," Fluttershy spoke, on behalf of her creatures. Starlight immediately took back what she said.

"That's because, I was treated like a wild animal," Sunburst replied, as he continues to wolf in his pie. "And it's about time I've got some real food, like this!"

"So, what happened to you, Sunburst?" Starlight asked. "How did you wind up here? I haven't seen you in Canterlot, since I've started to attend Princess Celestia's Magic School."

Sunburst, initially frightened, swallowed a piece of pie in his mouth, as he frighteningly recalls, "It was....a nightmare. One minute, I was reading these books on Starswirls the Bearded and the Pillars of Equestria for Magic History. Next thing I knew, I was approached by Abacus Cinch, with the offer of getting extra credits in a program......But it was a trap."

"Why that good for nothing varmint!" Applejack growled.

"That's a new low!" Twilight said. "And to think she's made herself principal of a school!"

"So unbecoming of a lady!" Rarity added.

"But why?" Starlight asked. "What would they want from you?"

"They wanted information," Sunburst replied. "They've been tracking of my studies on the works of Starswirls, and the pillars. So they thought I'd know of a way for them to obtain powers."

Looking at each other, the girls exchanged glances, before Starlight asks, "And what do you know about the Armor of Heroes?"

Sunburst looked around, before he answers, "I've once read that in a dark age, Star swirls, and the pillars have once created six pieces of the armor. The Sword of Honor-Crafted by the Mighty Rockhoof and the Mighty Helms. The Shield of Purity-To protect yourself and your allies from any forms of dark magics. The Helmet of Wisdom-To pass down knowledges of heroes long passed, to the wearer. The Chestplate of Valor-To grant power to the wearer when they do battle, and to insure safety to the wearer's loved one should they be willing as to give up their life for others. And The Boots of Courage-Grants the wearer the speed as fast as their courage runs in the face of danger."

"And the sixth?" Starlight asked.

"It remains unknown," Sunburst answered. "However, it's been said that when all five pieces are united. The sixth will be revealed. Together, with the Elements of Harmony, as brothers and sisters, they bring about a new generation of heroes to come, for Equestria and beyond," Sunburst took a deep breath, as he sighed. "Though, up until Princess Twilight and her friends here, have discovered the Elements of Harmony, and drove the Shadowbolts into hiding. Very few ponies knew today, that the Armors existed."

"And do you?" Twilight asked. "Do you think they exist?"

Sunburst looked uneasy for a moment, until he looked into Starlight's eyes, seeing the sincerity and some assurance from his childhood friend's eyes. Knowing she and her friends can be trusted, Sunburst explains, "Well, it's obvious. If the Elements of Harmony existed, then there's a possible chance the armors might exist," Sunburst took another deep breath as he continues, "And they....confirmed my belief when they showed me the Chestplate of Valor, and its original owner, Sir Lir."

"That's my father!" Fleur gasped. Sunburst turned to Fleur, and like all stallions before him, gazed in awe at Fleur's beauty, "Where is he?" Fleur asked desperately. "And where's mother?"

Before Sunburst could answer, the stallion's eyes widen in fear, as he shoved Starlight and Fleur away, "LOOK OUT!!" he screamed, as a bola suddenly came flying, and electrocuted him.

Before long, more bolas, and magical nets were shot at the girls, shocking them, and draining them of their powers. Soon, the world around them were blacked out.


After what felt like hours, the girls finally came back to their senses, only to find themselves trapped in the Dark Net, hanging by a large crane, in a courtyard, surrounded by Shadowbolts.

"Ah, so nice to see you girls awake," a voice spoke. "I want you girls to take one last good luck at your world, before I destroy you!"

The girls turned their head to see Sunburst, tied to a stake, with Crystal Vape, Sunset Shimmer, and Starlight. The three ponies and girl all had their mouths muffled. Abacus Cinch, sneering, while standing before the girls, acting all high and mighty. On her right, is Hydia, cackling like a typical witch.

"Oh no!" Fluttershy moaned.

"Abacus Cinch!" Twilight scowled.

"Yeah, I know it's her, Pinkie!" Rainbow replied. "Get your arms out of my faces!"

"Yes, I'm pleased you remember me, Melody," Abacus Cinch sneered. "We have a little surprise."

With that, the Shadowbolts turned on a machine, that roared to life, as the crane started to carry the girls over.

"Oh no!" Fluttershy whimpered, as she struggles to escape the net. "Some pony, save me!"

"Girls! I'm really scared here now!" Applejack whimpered.

"I don't want to know what that thing does!" Rainbow whimpered.

"Then I wouldn't recommend The Rainbow Factory to you!" Pinkie screamed.

"Yeah right!" Twilight panicked, struggling to get both herself and the girls free.

Sunburst, meanwhile, was struggling to break free from his confinement, together with Crystal Vape, Sunset, and Starlight. However, the four all had restraint collars on them, making the chances of escape via magic, slim.

"Patience," Abacus said to the four. "First them, then you!" The evil woman taunted, to which they all struggled harder.

"Twilight!" Rainbow panicked. "This is now a good time for you to play Houdini and get us out, now!"

"Don't you see, Rainbow?" Twilight replied. "This net is made up of mana depletion fabrics! It drains away magics! I can't even teleport us all out!"

"Wait for my signal to drop them," Abacus Cinch instructed to some Shadowbolts in control of the crane.

"Spike, wherever you are! Save us!" Pinkie cried.

"If you can hear me, Spikey-Wikey!" Rarity shouted. "I love you, darling!"

"Me too!" Twilight added.

"That makes three of us!" Applejack joined.

"Oui," Fleur added.

"I'll never get to hold his cute, adorable, puppy form again!" Fluttershy sobbed.

"A little closer," Abacus instructed. "A little closer!"

"Oh, we're almost there!" Twilight said in fright.

"Get ready!" Abacus began.

"Ooh, this'll be good!" Hydia said, rubbing her hands excitedly.

Just then, an arrow, tipped with a flaming magic aura came flying and cuts the rope, dropping the girls on solid ground.

"Ten points to you, Sour Sweet," the man in dark fedora commended to the archer.

"WHAT?!!" Abacus exclaimed.

Just then, the door burst open. And there stood the Knights, and Celaeno.

"Well, well," Button began as he and the Knights stood before her. "It seems despite your exhaustive defensive strategies. You still have some security problems, Abacus."

"Yeah!" Rumble spoke. "Like you couldn't even catch us, for all those times we pulled pranks on you at Crystal Prep, in retaliation for all those pranks your students pulled on my brother, Thunderlane!"

"Or the times when we we had to rescue Snips and Snails!" Tender Taps added.

"Sounds quite extensive!" Pipsqueak added, with Featherweight agreeing.

"Oh yeah! That's right!" Button Mash gloated. "You're about get schooled, by school boys! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!"

Abacus Cinch, at this point, was clearly losing her cool.

"GET THEM!!!" Abacus ordered. With a loud war cry, the Shadowbolts all charged into battle, against the Knights, Spike, Scorpan, and Celaeno.

"Yeah! Let's rock and roll!" Lemon Zest shouted.

Meanwhile, the girls had just gotten out of the net that hold them.

"Girls! To action!" Twilight shouted.

With that, the girls all leaped into battle. Twilight, morphing into her anthropomorphic battle form, fired several blasts of magic bolts, knocking the Shadowbolts back, while making many of the shadow creatures explode into puffs of smokes. More of the Shadowbolts came flying in puffs of smokes of their own, as they fired bolts of magic at Twilight, while others would fire projectile weapons, both magic and technological, at her.

"Watch yourself, darling!" Rarity shouted, as she projected a diamond shield, protecting the lavender alicorn.

Rainbow Dash and Applejack, both in anthro forms, were both fighting off their adversaries, with their backs up against each other. Then, getting an idea, Applejack and Rainbow both linked their arms together from behind, and Applejack spins herself around, with Rainbow Dash rapidly thrusting her legs out.

"Feet of fury!" Rainbow shouted.

"Isn't that kinda played out, Dash?" Applejack asked.

"Don't ruin the moment with your honesty, okay sister?" Rainbow replied, before she was released, and was thrown in the air. "You guys like new tricks?" Rainbow asked, while flapping her wings. "Here's an oldie called, WIND SLASH!!" With that, Rainbow Dash repeatedly beats her wings, conjuring a strong gust of wind that knocked many of her adversaries back. "And a trick I've learned from Spike, Flying Crane Kick!" With that, Rainbow did the said move, landing an uppercut kick on one of the shadow creatures, causing it to disappear in puff of smokes.

Then, a bola rope was thrown, snaring Rainbow Dash, causing her to drop from the sky.

"Dash!" Pinkie exclaimed. "Don't worry Dash! I got you!" With that, Pinkie Pie got out a huge cream pie, catching the cyan pegasus in the custard desert. "You okay, Dash?"

Dash, unfortunately, felt less than okay, "Pie," Dash shivered in horror. "You had to use pie, to save me."

Meanwhile, Applejack was left fighting several Shadowbolts, to a stand. All of them were equipped with special gauntlets and boots that matched their strength with the farm girl's awesome super strength. The Shadowbolts lunged forward, throwing kicks and punches at Applejack, who quickly blocked their attacks, before she grabbed one of them by the hands, and the two were having a stand off, struggling to overpower the other. Thinking fast, Applejack smirked, as she pulled her opponent's fist, catching them off guard, unbalancing them. Seizing the opportunity, Applejack easily tossed her opponent to the floor.

"Ya come to my town again, then we'll have throw down," Applejack gloated. 'Course, I don't mind throwing down for Spike,' Applejack thought lovingly of the Dragon Prince.

Fluttershy was hiding behind a structure of the castle, as she watched the entire fights unfolding before her. Then, in the middle of the fight, Fluttershy spotted a grotesque rabbit-like creature, scurrying its way, being caught in the middle of the fight.

"Oh, goodness!" Fluttershy gasped, as she jumps into the fray, while avoiding the crossfires between her friends and the Shadowbolts. At last, Fluttershy manages to reach the rabbit-like creature, and quickly cuddles it in her protective hooves, "There, there," Fluttershy cooed. "You're alright."

Then, rearing up its head, behind Fluttershy, ready for a killing blow, was a Shadow creature, in the form of a massive snake.

"Fluttershy! Behind you!" Pinkie called.

Fluttershy turned around, and screamed as the snake lunged towards her.

Then, at the last second, a white and black blur appeared out her hair, and kicked the creature away, before it flips off, and bounced around at a speed that's too fast for the naked eye. Next thing the Shadowbolts and shadow creatures knew, they were met with a two rabbit feet that knocked them off their feet. The bunny flipped in the air with great skill before landing with a smirk behind his ninja mask.

Elsewhere, Fleur was firing several bolts of magic at the surrounding Shadowbolts, followed by several flare kicks. Several Shadowbolts all got out some shurikens, which they wasted no time to throw at the unicorn, who quickly projected a magic bubble shield. Rearing up on her hind legs, Fleur stomped her fore hooves on the ground, resulting a strong tremor that knocked the surrounding Shadowbolts off their legs. Then, from the shadows, several dark chains, tipped with sharp claws came flying and ensnared Fleur.

"AAUGGH!!" Fleur screamed in pain, from the claws that dug into her skin.

Concentrating hard, Fleur morphed into her anthro form, and got a hold of the chains, and started to pull the Shadowbolts via chain links. Pulling on one chain, Fleur pulled a Shadowbolt towards her, before she leaped in the air, and did a spinning flare kick, knocking them away.

Meanwhile, Pipsqueak and Featherweight were surrounded by some Shadowbolts, "Can we talk?" Featherweight asked meekly, to which the Shadowbolts all responded by pouncing on the two boys, and landing several punches. "Probably not," Pipsqueak laughed, as he and his cousin both got out, unharmed. "Pitiful," he said, as he and Feathers watch the comedic scene unfolding before them.

Button Mash was fighting a Shadowbolt, sidestepping as the ninja swings a bo staff on him, before he grabs the stick. The ninja quickly grabs the staff, and pulls it back, while the young nerd struggles to pull it back. Button makes a grab, but only caught air, resulting his opponent to laugh mockingly at him.

In response, Button punched the Shadowbolt in the face, knocking him out cold, "You win," Button shrugged. Then, another Shadowbolt confronted the young nerd, who pulled out a pair of nunchucks from his sleeves, as he started to show off some spins to Button Mash. "Oh, a fellow chucker, huh?" Button asked, before he pulls out his own pair of nunchucks, and started to show them off.

The Shadowbolt, and his comrades all voiced their impressments, before he resumes showing off some more nunchuck tricks, by spinning the two sticks around the neck, the shoulders, and below the waist. Button showed off by mimicking the Shadowbolt's tricks, with an addition of his own, by spinning the nunchucks the same way as Bruce Lee once did.

Taking it up a notch, the Shadowbolt spins his nunchucks some more, while too mimicking Bruce Lee's maneuver.

"CA-CAW!!" Pinkie crowed, jump scaring the Shadowbolt and his comrades.

"BWAH!!" the Shadowbolts exclaimed, as they quickly beat their chests, before getting themselves knocked out by Pinkie Pie, and Button Mash.

"Yo, Pinkie!" Button smiled, as he and Pinkie shared a fist/hoof bump. "Nice timing!"

"Thank you!" Pinkie bounced. "You've got good chops yourself, Button!"

"Oh, please," Button began. "Showing off is the fool's idea of glory!" Button said, quoting Bruce Lee. "Whoa! Where'd that come from?"

Rumble was sword fighting with a few Shadowbolts, all armed with katanas. Rumble was slashing his sword from side to side, parrying the Shadowbolts' blades, while dodging a few of their jabs. One of the Shadowbolts slashed his sword at Rumble, scratching him on the side. Luckily, the young athletic boy was safely protected by the suit of armor Scorpan had given to him, and the rest of the Knights.

While blocking the Shadowbolts' katanas, Rumble landed some counterstrikes with his kicks and punches. A spear wielding Shadowbolt came flying at Rumble, who quickly ducks his head, avoiding the ninja's kick. Rumble quickly stood up, as he repeatedly slashes his sword at the ninja, who repeatedly ducks his head down to avoid the blade, until finally, Rumble stopped slashing his sword, just as the ninja stood up.

"Psyched!" Rumble said, before landing a strong front kick to the Shadowbolt's face.

Tender Taps was doing some flips, spins, and kicks he learned from Scorpan, who happened to train him in the martial art of Capoeira. The Shadowbolts, armed with ice and explosive arrows, all opened fire on the boy, who skillfully danced his way through their crossfires.

Then, up on a balcony, grabbing a rope, were D'raggle and Reeka.

"1, 2, duh five?" Draggle counted, before she shoved her sister, swinging on the rope, as she came in like a wrecking ball.

"Ahhh-uh-ah-uh-ah-uh-aHHHHH!" Reeka hollered, only for Tender to easily move to the side, as both he and the Shadowbolts looked on in bewilderment. "OOOF!!" Reeka groaned, when she crashed into a wall, resembling the famous halloween witch crash decoration.

"It's official," Hydia grumbled. "My daughters are the laughing stocks of evil witches and wizards, everywhere."


Meanwhile, from their hiding spot. The man wearing a dark fedora, shook his head to the side, "Clearly fame isn't everything," the man grumbled, while the five Shadowbolts girls at his side shook their heads in agreement.

"Hey! Are we going to sit here on our butts? Or are we gonna help Spike out, and kick some serious butts?" Indigo asked.

"Patience, Indigo," the man replied. "When the time is right, we strike."

"But now is a good time to strike!" Indigo retorted.

"And also a good chance to give away the element of surprise," the man retorted. "Stay back, or it shall be your last, Zap."

With a frustrated groan, Indigo reluctantly complied.


Meanwhile, Celaeno came to aid Sunburst and the girls. Unsheathing her sword, Celaeno swiftly cuts the ropes, before she takes out a pistol, and skillfully shoots their collars off.

"AAAAHHH!!!" Sunburst screamed, before he rapidly beaten his chest, easing his rapid heartbeat.

"Cutting in a little close, aren't ya, Celaeno?" Starlight asked, as she and Sunset too were trying their best to calm down.

"That's Captain Celaeno to you!" Pipsqueak spoke on Celaeno's behalf, before he took off running back in the fight.

Sunburst, after moments of recovering, quickly caught glimpse of Pipsqueak, mainly his footwear.

"No way!" Sunburst shouted. "He's wearing the Boots of Courage!"

"He's not the only one," Starlight replied, before she pointed to Button Mash and Rumble, respectively each wielding the Helmet of Wisdom and the Sword of Honor.

"So it's true!" Sunburst gasped. "But that still three of the whole piece! We need two more pieces-"

"Like these?" a voice spoke, jumpscaring the ponies, and girl, seeing Discord, Snips, and Snails, with Spike and Scorpan, holding the two pieces of armor.

"Spike!" Sunset exclaimed, as she and Starlight all jumped in and stood defensively over Spike, while pointing their horns at Discord. "Run, Spike! We got you covered!"

"Girls! It's okay!" Spike assured. "He's alright! In fact, better than alright!" Spike then turned to the girls, and Sunburst, "Besides, look what we got!" With that, Spike reveals before them, the two remaining pieces of the armor.

From the corner of her eyes, Abacus caught glimpse of Spike, and the two remaining pieces of the armor.

"THE DRAGON PRINCE!!!" Abacus shouted. "And he's got the pieces! STOP HIM!!" Abacus roared, as the majority of the Shadowbolts turned their attention to Spike.

"You want them?" Spike asked, while getting into a fighting stance, standing defensively over the pieces. "Come and get them!" Sunset and Starlight both morphed into their anthro forms, as they stood by his sides, while Scorpan flew off with Crystal and Sunburst to safety.

With a snap of her fingers, Abacus sics the Shadowbolts on the Dragon Prince, and anthro unicorns.

"Non-violence boys! Turn the other cheek away!" Discord shouted. "As a matter of fact, turn both cheeks, and run!" With that, Discord rotated his whole abdomen, showing his tail, and buttocks, "Use whole cheek boys! Whole cheeks!" The draconequus took off running, while looking as if though he's running with his legs turned backward.

Snips and Snails looked at each other, "Wah, should we run now?" Snips asked.

"Wah! Let's-a go!" Snails replied, before they took off running, after Discord.

Spike raised one of his arms up, while arching his hand in the shape of a snake's head. A Shadowbolt ninja lunged and throws a punch at the Dragon Prince, who easily deflected the attack with the snake head maneuver, while jabbing the ninja in the neck, with his other hand.

A shadow creature came and took the form of a ninja, as it throws out a punch, which Spike deflected with a swift block, before he landed several punches to the ninja's side, followed by a roundhouse kick, causing it to disappear in a puff of smokes. Two Shadowbolts came charging at Spike with spears, only for the Dragon Prince to quickly deflect the long weapons, with two side blocks, before he skillfully links his arms around their spears. The Shadowbolts struggled to pull their spears free from the Dragon Prince's grip. Using the momentum, Spike was pulled forward, as he landed two strong kicks to the Shadowbolts' chests, knocking them back, while he fell to the ground, before he flips himself back on his feet.

Starlight Glimmer, once more don up in a suit of armor, complete with her former Shadowbolt mask, unsheathes her staff, giving it a spin, before she fires a strong ray of magic blasts at the surrounding Shadowbolts. Concentrating her magic into the staff, Starlight slammed her magical weapon into the ground, conducting all of the magical forces contained into the ground, resulting in a strong tremor that forced several Shadowbolts back, as well as leaving a huge crater beneath the girl.

Nevertheless, the Shadowbolts got back, as they all reached into their cloaks, and pulled out huge guns with flames burning from the barrels.

The gun wielding Shadowbolts all aimed their weapons at Starlight Glimmer, firing multiple torrents of flames. With another quick spin, Starlight projected a huge shield of magical waters, saving herself from the fires. However, from the shadows, a Shadowbolt fired an arrow at Starlight, grazing her arm in the process.

"AAAAAH!!" Starlight screamed in pain, clutching the wound the arrow had inflicted on her.

Distracted, Starlight's shield quickly dissipated, leaving her open for the fires.

"Watch it!" Sunset exclaimed, as she jumped in between Starlight and the flames, shielding the former as she absorbed the fires through her horn, before she released the flames, in the form of a dragon's head, through her mouth, at the Shadowbolts, who quickly jumped clear.

The Shadowbolts fired their flames at Sunset, who expectedly deflected the flames, and redirecting a few, before her horns glowed, and the guns were levitated out of the Shadowbolts' hands.

"You'd dare use my own weapons against me?" Sunset asked rhetorically. "It was I who invented them. I, the Phoenix Princess!" she spoke gravely.

"Oh yeah, we'd dare," one of the Shadowbolts grinned smugly, pulling out a small grenade, before he chucked it at Sunset, who disappears in a puff of smoke, evading the grenade which went flying and exploded on another Shadowbolt, freezing them in a block of ice.

It wasn't long, when Sunset Shimmer reappeared behind the Shadowbolts, and blasted them away with an explosive fireballs.

Spike was still fighting off some Shadowbolts and shadow creatures, when Abacus Cinch suddenly appeared before him, in a puff of smoke.

"Give me those pieces!" Abacus ordered.

Picking up the Shield of Purity, and the Chestplate of Valor, Spike called out, "Knights! Dashie! Down and out! Pass battered 21! HUT!!" With that, Spike kicked the Shield of Purity, as it carries the Chestplate, to the Knights and Dashie, both quickly picking up the said objects. Tender Taps picked up the Chestplate of Valor and dons it on himself, while Dash picked up the Shield of Purity.

"Give those back!" Abacus Cinch ordered, as she raised her hands up, and unexpectedly fired several blasts of lasers at the Knights.

She then turns her attention to Rainbow Dash, and fired a huge bolt of lightning at the pegasus, "Give up, Rainbow Dash!" Abacus ordered.

"You want it?" Rainbow asked. "Catch!" With that, Dash threw the shield at Abacus, only for the projectile to be stolen by Featherweight.

"Why you!" Abacus shouted, as she fired some beams of lasers at Featherweight, who quickly protected himself, via shield.

Rumble, quickly blew a whistle to the other Knights, "Pile-on on 2!" Rumble called. "Hut! Hut! Hi-yaaah!"

The Knights all quickly regrouped, as they all tackled on Abacus Cinch.

"Get off of me!" Abacus screamed, as she amazingly, got the boys off. "I had hoped to turn you boys to the police! But now, I realized, it's far too merciful of a penalty for hoodlums, such as yourselves. Now, this will be steeper!" With one of her hand projecting a pulse of electricity, Abacus fired a bolt of lightning at the Knights.

"BOYS!!" Celaeno shouted, as she jumped in front of the Knights, and took the full blast of electricity.

The anthropomorphic parrot fell to the floor, unconscious, "Captain!!!" Pipsqueak wailed in horror.

"You'll all be joining her, very soon!" Abacus said, as she readies another bolt of lighting.

"Leave them alone!" Sunset spoke, as she, Starlight, and Twilight appeared before the woman.

"Ah, Sunset Shimmer," Abacus sneered at the three girls. "Starlight Glimmer, and Melody Ravenclaw. It is unfortunate the three of you have chosen to quit, while you were still among us. You could've served the mistress well! And it's not too late to rejoin us, now!"

"Never!" Sunset said defiantly. "Not after what you did to me in Ponyville!"

"After what you did to Sunburst. After all those lies you've told me about our friendship?!" Starlight growled. "I'm finding it very hard to forgive you right now!"

"And I'd rather die fighting, with honor, than to betray Princess Celestia, and Spike, for a false princess!" Twilight said bitterly.

Abacus frowned, "So be it! You've chosen your fate, and now you will all perish!"

With that, Abacus took off her robe, revealing herself clad in a suit of armor of hi-tech.

"Not if I have anything to say about it!" Spike said, as he jumps in between the girls, and Abacus.

With that, a fight broke out between Spike, the girls, and the crazy lady. Spike, Sunset, and Starlight both charged at Abacus Cinch, only for the woman to leap in the air, and kicked her legs out to the side, striking Sunset and Starlight, before she thrusted her leg out in a front kick, which was blocked by Spike. Twilight, projected a pair of katanas, as she flapped her wings and charged after Abacus, who quickly intercepted with a flying kick, before she started to slash her claws at the alicorn princess. Twilight quickly blocked each of Abacus's strike with her katanas, and a shield she magically projected.

Abacus grabbed Twilight by the shoulders, as she threw the alicorn to the side. Luckily, Twilight was caught in a magic bubble of water, courtesy of Starlight. Sunset came at Abacus and breathed a burst of flames at Abacus, who shielded herself with a strong thick forcefield she projected from one of her gauntlets, before she fired a bolt of electricity at Sunset, who dissipated into a puff of smoke, evading the blast.

Abacus then turns to see Spike, "Don't try and stop me, Dragon Prince!" Abacus sneered. "I'm well aware of your current state! Your Dragonfire's been hindered. You have no hope of stopping us!"

"I may not be able to go dragon, for awhile," Spike replied, as he reached into his cape, and took out a pair of nunchucks and gave them a spin. "But I'm still more than enough a fighter to take you down!"

With that, using the moon's gravity, Spike jumped from side to side, dodging Abacus's blast of lightning bolts, before he came flying back towards her, and landed a kick to the woman's chest.

"You dared to touch me?" Abacus snarled.

"Get used to it, bitch!" Spike talked back, as he dodges a laser beam she fired at him.

"Hey! Save some of her, for us!" a voice spoke, revealing itself to be Bloodshot, with Aqua joining at his side.

"Bloodshot?!" Spike exclaimed.

"Relax, Prince," Bloodshot grumbled. "I'm not going to hunt you this time," Turning to Abacus Cinch, the metahuman snarled, "I've got beef with you, for kidnapping my daughter!"

"And my niece!" Aqua added, as she opened up a bottle of water, and with a wave of her hands, she sent a strong jet stream of water at Abacus Cinch, who didn't hesitate to fire a bolt of lightning, electrocuting the waters, of course, including Aqua as well.

"Oh, now you've gone and done it, bitch!" Bloodshot snarled, as she popped a vial of blood, and morphs it into a shotgun. "Nobody electrocutes my sister and gets away with it! NOBODY!!!" With that, Bloodshot opened fired on Abacus, who projected a shield. Reaching into a holster, around her waist, Abacus pulls out a dagger, which she used to throw at Bloodshot.

Bloodshot reacted fast, as he arches his head to the side, as the blade flies past him. Then, a huge metal ring came and clamped him by the neck, followed by a strong current of electricity that flowed through his body, nearly stopping his heart.

"Any more attempts to resist, and I'll amp the currents up to 100 mA," Abacus threatened. "Enough to stop your heart, cold."

"Ouch," Button grimaced, with the Knights.

"Daddy!!" Crystal shouted, struggling to break free from Scorpan's grip. "Daddy no!"

"Daddy?" the Knights, and girls exclaimed in bewilderment.

"That's her dad?" Indigo asked from her hiding spot.

"Who knew?" Sunny shrugged.

Bloodshot was groaning in pain, as he tries to get the collar off. Aqua tried to help out her brother, only for her arms and legs to be ensnared by several chains, thrown by the surrounding Shadowbolts. The Shadowbolts all pull on the chains, followed by a shock of electricity that burned Aqua.

Abacus was laughing like a crazed maniac, only to be kicked away by Spike. Reaching into his cape, Spike pulls out a katana, which he used to cut the shock collar off of Bloodshot. Next, Spike pulls out some shurikens of his own, and cuts Aqua free from the chains.

"Your welcome," Spike said.

Bloodshot and Aqua looked at Spike, "I wasn't going to thank you, yet," Bloodshot answered. "But why did you help me? And I'm asking because, I tried to hunt you!"

"Well, us uncle once taught me: 'The enemy of my enemy is my ally,'" Spike replied. "Besides, I've had my shares of heart wrenching longings. And I don't want your daughter to feel the same," Speaking of whom, Scorpan came flapping out of hiding, carrying Crystal.

"Daddy! Auntie!" Crystal cried, as she ran over and embraced her aunt.

"Crystal! Darling!" Aqua smiled, as she hugs Crystal, and shared a moment to cuddle with her daughter. "Baby, are you alright?"

"I'm fine, auntie," Crystal smiled. "I was scared, but Princess Twilight, General Scorpan, Prince Spike, and their friends helped save me!"

Turning her attention to the gargoyle, Aqua bowed, "Thank you so much," Aqua said. "We owe you our life."

"All in a good day's work," Scorpan replied. "Now go! Get out while you can. We'll take care of the Shadowbolts," he said to the two metahumans, and child.

"No!" Bloodshot replied. "I've got a score to settle with Nightmare Moon!"

"Daddy no!" Crystal cried. "Don't go! Nightmare Moon will kill you!"

"Daddy has to!" Bloodshot replied. "Nightmare Moon kidnapped you, so she must pay!"

"Actually, you should leave," Spike replied.

"Don't you give me orders!" Bloodshot spatted.

"I'm not!" Spike replied. "I'm just suggesting you should go with your daughter. She needs protection," Spike added. "And who better to protect her, than you of course?"

Bloodshot grumbled. However, not wanting to look bad in front of his daughter, Bloodshot complied, "Fine," Turning around, Bloodshot ushered Aqua and Crystal to take their leave. "Let's go!"

With that, the two metahumans took their leave with the girl. As they did so, Bloodshot and Spike took the moment to stare each other, before Bloodshot nodded his head in respect, with Spike returning the gesture, before the man took his leave.

"Shall we get back to it?" Scorpan asked, as he and Spike resumed helping the girls with their fight.

After awhile, Abacus just got back up, when she and the Shadowbolts all heard the sound of a gong ringing. Knowing what it meant, Abacus ordered, "Shadowbolts! Disappear!"

With that, the Shadowbolts and Abacus all disappeared in puffs of smokes.

"Hey! Come back!" Rainbow shouted. "COWARDS!!!"

"I don't think it's a retreat, Rainbow Dash," Applejack spoke grimly.

"AJ's right," Twilight replied. "I don't think it's over yet."

"Astute as always, Twilight Sparkle," Nightmare Moon's voice sounded. Then, in a puff of black smokes, there stood, Nightmare Moon herself, in anthro form, don up in the same suit of armor she wore in Celestia's dream, and with an extra pair of arms, each equipped with shuko claws.

The heroes, besides Spike, all gasped in horror at Nightmare Moon's new appearance.

"Whoa! Is that who I think it is?" Button asked in fear.

"Who else did you know that can just appear, dramatically, out of black smokes?" Sugarcoat asked bluntly, as she and the girls made herself known, along with the man in fedora.

"AH!!" Button exclaimed. "It's the tsundere!" Button screamed, as he jumps into Celaeno's arms.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to kill you," Sour Sweet began. "Not if she kills us first!"

The heroes turned to Nightmare Moon.

"Your persistence is commendable, my little ponies," Nightmare Moon began. "Your constant meddling, however, is not. You have caused me enough trouble. Now, you will face me!"

"With pleasure!" Rainbow smirked, cracking her knuckles. "I've been waiting a long time to do this to you!" With a loud shriek, Rainbow dashed towards the evil alicorn, fist thrown for a punch.

However, even faster than Rainbow Dash flies, Nightmare Moon caught Dash's fist with ease, before she pulls her to the side, and elbowed Dash on the side, throwing the cyan anthro pegasus to the side.

"Dashie!" Pinkie screamed in horror, before she glares angrily at Nightmare Moon. "Nopony hurts Dashie and gets away with it!" With that, Pinkie reached into her hair, and pulls out several bottles of sprinkles, which she tossed at Nightmare Moon. Just as the sprinkles all exploded in puffs of clouds, Nightmare Moon disappears in dark smokes, before she reappeared behind Pinkie, and grabbed the pink anthro pony by the tail, spins her around, before the alicorn tossed her away.

"Girls!" Twilight exclaimed, as she ran up to her friends, only to be blocked by Nightmare moon, who prepares to slash her claws at the frightened lavender alicorn.

"NO!" Fleur shouted, as she got in between, and blocked Nightmare Moon's attack, with her rapier. "Your forces have taken my parents once!" Fleur growled. "I will not let you take away my friend's life!"

"Your parents?" Nightmare Moon questioned, as she backs away, before she took a closer look at Fleur. "Ah, those meddlesome foals!" Nightmare Moon sneered. "So, you are their daughter," Nightmare cracked a wicked grin as she continues, "You were their daughter."

Fleur could hardly believe her ears, "You lie!!" she screamed in defiant.

"Do I?" Nightmare Moon smirked. With a loud scream, Fleur rushed towards Nightmare Moon in a blind rage, who easily overpowered the anthro unicorn warrior, who then holds one of her claws, dangerously close to Fleur's throat, "She dies!" Nightmare Moon roared, looking up at Twilight, and the other heroes. "The elements!" Nightmare Moon ordered, as Twilight and the girls, wielding the Elements of Harmony revealed them. "Now!" With that, the girls reluctantly tossed their Elements to the side. "Foals! Ha ha ha, the whole lot of you might have overpowered me with the loss of but one. Now your fate, will be hers!"

"NOOOO!!!" Spike and the girls shouted, as they ran in, desperate to save Fleur.

Then, at a speed that's too fast for the naked eyes, Scorpan lunged in, kicked Nightmare Moon off, as he saved Fleur, who quickly rejoined the other heroes.

"You dared?!!!" Nightmare Moon screamed, as she spreads her wings out, and tackled Scorpan.

Meanwhile, Twilight helped Rainbow and Pinkie up, as she casted a healing spell on the two.

"Oh, goodness!" Fluttershy whimpered, as she began inspecting her pegasus friend. "Are you alright, Dash?"

"I'm fine," Rainbow groaned. "Just smartened from those blows Moony landed on me.

"Always rushing headfirst, into a battle, Dash," the man in fedora spoke grimly. "So predictable."

"Gee, thanks, Mr. Critic," Dash grumbled. "At least I was trying to fight for Equestria!"

"And doom yourself, and your world within two seconds, or more," the man replied. "And I may not be around to save you next time."

"Save us?" Dash asked. "Since when have you ever saved us?!"

"Um, hello?" Pinkie asked, bonking the pegasus on the head repeatedly. "Back in New York? When Sunburn first attacked us? Remember? He was there, remember?"

Dash took a closer look at the hat the man was wearing, "Oh yeah," Dash spoke, taking it all back.

"Anyway," Indigo began, as she held out the Elements of Harmony. "This is your chance! Fire your Elements of Harmony on Nightmare Moon now, and destroy her already!"

"It's not that simple," Twilight replied. "The last time we tried, Nightmare Moon only got away with a few burns."

"It's kinda hard to hit her, when she can still move out of range," Dash noted.

"And don't forget, Spike's Dragonfire wasn't enough to destroy her," Applejack spoke. "Even when it was combined with our powers. All it did was put her out of commission. At least, for awhile."

"Then what do we do?" Fluttershy asked asked.

Spike looked, seeing Scorpan still going at it, with Nightmare Moon.

Turning to his friends, Spike spoke, "I'm gonna go in and help uncle hold Nightmare Moon still!"

"Spike?!" the girls exclaimed.

"I'll fight Nightmare Moon long enough for you girls to power up, and use the Elements of Harmony!" Spike said.

"Spike, no!" Twilight said in worry.

"Then I'm going in with you, Spike!" Pipsqueak spoke, as he joined in.

"Pip?!" Celaeno exclaimed.

"You can count me in too!" Rumble added.

"Don't forget me!" Tenders spoke.

"And me!" Featherweight said.

"We got your back, Spike!" Button added.

"Don't forget us," Sunset Shimmer spoke, on Starlight and Fleur's behalf.

"And don't forget us," Indigo spoke, as she and her fellow renegade Shadowbolts joined in.

"And how do we know we can trust you?" Button asked suspiciously.

"And you're supposed to be the wise one?" Sugarcoat asked.

"Look, dearies," Sunny spoke, as she got in between Button and Sugarcoat. "We don't have time for this! What we need to do is to end all of this, now!"

Spike nodded his head, as he gives the girls and boys a thumbs up, "Then let's do this then!" he began. "Let's show Nightmare Moon, what we're made of!"

With that, Spike, the Knights, and the Five Shadowbolts all charged into the fray.


"Luna!" Scorpan grunted. "I know there is still good in you! Fight it! Fight it!"

Nightmare Moon could only cackle as she tossed Scorpan to the side, knocking him out, "Pathetic gargoyle," Nightmare Moon grinned menacingly. "Your precious Luna is gone, thousands of years ago!"

"You're wrong!" Spike roared, as he came flying in, and landed a strong kick to Nightmare Moon's chest, knocking her off of Scorpan. "Aunt Luna is still there! I can feel it! And I'm going to save her from you!"

Nightmare Moon could only laugh in response, "How noble of you, Dragon Prince," Nightmare Moon cackled. "I'd like to see you try!"

Narrowing his eyes in determination, Spike reaches into his cape, takes out a pair of nunchucks, before he tossed his cape to the side. Then, giving his nunchucks a couple of spins, he lets out a loud Bruce Lee war cry.

"This tries my patience," Nightmare Moon grumbled, as she lunged forward, and throws a punch.

In response, Spike spins one of the nunchucks, catching Nightmare Moon's claw, before he runs up her body, and kicks off of her face. With a loud scream, Nightmare Moon charged forward, furiously slashing her claws at Spike, who leapt backwards, before he did several backflips, before he hits a wall, where he kicks off, curls his body up, and flies as a human cannonball towards Nightmare Moon. However, Nightmare Moon quickly became a puff of smoke, as Spike flies through her, and lands on his hand, where he flips off, lands on his feet, and spins around to face Nightmare Moon, who soon became solid, as she fired a bolt of lightning at Spike, who rolled to the side, evading the electrical attack.

Then, the rest of the Knights came in, as they attacked Nightmare Moon from all sides. Pipsqueak, equipped with the Boots of Courage, was running at the speed of light, circling around Nightmare Moon, before he stopped, and jumped at her, in a flying kick, which Nightmare Moon manages to block with one of her arms. Then, Rumble came and slashed his Sword of Honor at Nightmare Moon, barely scratching through her armor. Button came and threw several nunchucks at Nightmare Moon's leg, only for the blades on her shin guards to catch them, and pulled them down. Lastly, Featherweight and Tender Taps, wearing his Chestplate of Valor, were both surfing on the Shield of Purity, as Featherweight repeatedly snaps several pictures of Nightmare Moon, distracting her momentarily. Having enough, Nightmare Moon grabbed Button Mash by the helmet, Rumble by his sword, as she tossed the boys into the rest of their comrades.

Coming from behind, were Sunset Shimmer and Starlight Glimmer. Both unicorns attacked Nightmare Moon with a combo of water and fire attacks. Sunset Shimmer, holding one of her guns in her hand, shot several torrents of fire, while Starlight Glimmer shot out strong jets of waters, via staff. Nightmare Moon spreads out her wings, shielding herself from both sides from the blasts. Then, with a flap of her wings, Nightmare Moon conjured a strong gust of wind that blew Sunset Shimmer and Starlight off of their feet. The two girls got back up, as they resume their fight with the mad alicorn.

"Nightmare Moon!" Fleur snarled. "May my father's sword taste vengeance tonight!"

Fleur then came running at a speed that rivals Rainbow Dash's. With her rapier in hand, Fleur viciously slashes the blade at Nightmare Moon's side.

"Rick 'em, rack 'em, rock 'em, rake. Stick that sword into that snake!" Discord, having transfigured into a cheer squad, cheered.

"YOU STAY OUT OF THIS!" Nightmare Moon hissed.

In response, Discord becomes completely deadpan as he waves a flag, "Nightmare Moon, Nightmare Moon, she's our mare. If she can't do it, WHO CARES?!!!"

Later, Fleur continues her assault with a series of flare kicks she landed on Nightmare Moon, who manages to block each and every blows from the unicorn warrior, with quick blocks, before she disappears as a puff of smoke and grabs Fleur from behind, by the mane. Nightmare Moon raises her claws up, reading to deliver fast, and sharp punches at Fleur, had Peewee not dived in, scratched Nightmare Moon, before he lights up in a blinding light.

"AAAH!! The light!" Nightmare Moon hissed, as she shields her eyes from the light.

With that, Fleur got up, as she picks up her rapier and slashes it at Nightmare Moon's side. Then, the Shadowbolt girls jumped into the fray, with Lemon Heart throwing the blunt end of her kusarigma, lassoing one of Nightmare Moon's claws, holding the mad alicorn. Then, from the distance, Sour Sweet fired several ice arrows at Nightmare Moon, together with Sunny Flare, who tossed several kunai blades at the mad alicorn. Sunset and Starlight quickly fired their weapons at the alicorn.

However, Nightmare Moon manages to catch all of the kunai and ice arrows, before she skillfully threw them in the path of Sunset Shimmer and Starlight's attacks. The kunai blades melted through the intense heat of Sunset's guns, before they sealed her barrels shut, while the ice arrows frozen the jet streams of Starlight's water from her staff.

With a loud scream, Indigo came running at Nightmare Moon, with her katanas unsheathed. Nightmare Moon quickly blocked the blades' swings, with her claws, before she slashes her claws viciously at Indigo, who was fortunate enough to jump out of the way.

"You've made a grave mistake, betraying me, Indigo!" Nightmare Moon growled. "You and your fellow rogues have made a very grave mistake! For that, your faith is sealed!"

"Not as much as yours!" a voice shouted, and the sound of gunshot was heard, and a bullet came flying. Nightmare Moon, however, became a puff of smoke, as the bullet flies through her. Then, Bloodshot jumped in.

"Well, if isn't the failure of a bounty hunter," Nightmare Moon frowned. "I had hoped the Smooze would do away with you. But it seems the pleasure to exterminate you traitor, will be an added bonus for tonight's great victory!"

Bloodshot snarled, "Let me get one thing clear, you blinded, ignorant, self-important alicorn!" Bloodshot spatted. "I am no one's servant! And nobody takes my daughter, and gets away with it! Nobody! And for that, you have sealed your fate!" The metahuman said, while pointing a finger defiantly at the last part.

With that, Bloodshot conjured a gatling gun, as he furiously fired a whole barrel of bullets, only for Nightmare Moon to disappear in a puff of smoke, before she reappeared in a different location. Bloodshot continued to fire his bullets in vain at Nightmare Moon, before he suddenly started floating in the air.

"Need I remind you that I am the master of gravity?" Nightmare Moon asked, as she materializes before the metahuman. "Which enables me to do this!" With that, she raises one of her hands up, and flicked Bloodshot away. Then, in another puff of smoke, she reappeared next to Bloodshot, as she kicked him away. This kept on going, until finally, Bloodshot was left, lying on the ground, still.

"Whoa, Bloodshot?" Discord asked, as he helped the man up. "You okay, Bloody?"

"Hub hub hub hub!" Snips and Snails said, as they came in as water boys. Snips took out a towel as he fanned Bloodshot, while Snails squirted waters into the man's face, "Hub hub hub hub hub!" They said, as they took their leave.

"Behold! My mastery of gravity!" Nightmare Moon said, as she held her hands out, and her eyes glowed white.

With that, Spike, and everyone around him, with the exception of Nightmare Moon, all find themselves being forced to the ground, as if an invisible force was weighing them down. Peewee, who was flying up in the air, suddenly dropped down to the ground, like a recently dead bird.

Walking up to Spike, picking him up, Nightmare Moon cracked a wicked smile, as she smells him, "Ahh, the Dragonfire, within my own bare hands!" Nightmare Moon grinned. "Even in this limited state, the power stills holds potential worth to fulfill my destiny! One way or another, my empire will be resurrected! And not even Celestia will have the heart to defy me!"

"Not as long as I live!" Spike snarled, as his eyes glowed green, and he manages to backflip out of Nightmare Moon's grip, while at the same time performs a backflip attack, kicking Nightmare Moon's chin up in the process.

Hissing from the pain and frustration, Nightmare Moon rubbed the inflicted spot on her chin, before with an angry neigh, Nightmare Moon slashed her claws at Spike, who - despite being weighed by down by the altered gravity, continues to stand on his feet, and struggles to block every strikes the mad alicorn throws at him, all the while receiving a few scratches in the process.

"Why are you still fighting?" Nightmare Moon inquired. "Your power's been hindered! You can hardly stand! You don't stand a chance against me!"

"Doesn't mean I should stop playing the hero!" Spike replied. "Besides, I promised mom I'll come home with auntie Luna! And that's a promise I'm going to keep!"

Nightmare Moon paused momentarily, as a fragment of Princess Luna felt touch, "Nephew," Luna whispered.

Nightmare Moon shook her head, as she regains control, "You will not succeed!" Nightmare Moon snarled. "Even if you can defeat me, you will never see your precious auntie again!" With a fast slash, Nightmare Moon slashed her claw at Spike, scratching the chest plate of his armor, and sent him flying into a wall. "But don't worry! You'll be joining her soon, once I've consumed you, and your power!" Opening her mouth wide, showing an endless row of teeth, Nightmare Moon was about to bite down on Spike, only for a certain gargoyle to get in the way, as he stopped Nightmare Moon, before he kicks her away.

"Never again!" Scorpan frowned.


Frozen North

Back with Neira, the ice alicorn continues her battle with Somnambula. The evil sorceress waved her staff and fires a strong gust of wind, slightly blowing Neira back.

Undeterred, Neira fired another blast of ice, which Somnambula blocked, with a wave of her staff. With another twirl of her staff, Somnambula thrusted her staff into the ground, creating a strong tremor that sent several ice blocks from the ground to jut up, and knocked Neira back. Exhausted from her fight, Neira collapsed to the ground.

"Enough," Somnambula spoke. "The lesson is over," With that, Somnambula walks over to a machine, and started to type in some codes.

Just then, puffs of smokes appeared around Somnambula, as the Shadowbolts revealed themselves.


Back on the Moon

"Scorpan?!" Nightmare Moon exclaimed in bewilderment. "Back up so soon?" Nightmare Moon looked around, to see that everyone were able to stand up again. "What's this?!"

"Looks like you're not the master of gravity than you thought, Moony!" Indigo spatted.

"That, and I was playing double agent the whole time, and switched the gravity field back up," Discord whispered to Snips and Snails.

"We are number one!" Snips and Snails sang.

Suddenly, a huge beam of light was shot from the other side of the moon, has it flies straight towards Equestria, specifically, the Frozen North.

"What is that?!" Indigo asked.

"The sun's ray!" Scorpan exclaimed. "The Frozen North!""

"Ha ha ha ha ha!" Nightmare Moon laughed. "How unfortunate for you! Good-bye, foals!" With that, Nightmare Moon continues to laugh evilly.

Scorpan turned to Spike, "Nephew, you remember the Phoenix Sun Kick?" Scorpan asked.

"Do I ever?" Spike replied.

"Here, let me show you what it's really meant for!" With that, Scorpan charged after Nightmare Moon, who retaliated with a blast of dark magic. At the same time, Peewee flapped in, and emits a blinding light.

Nightmare Moon shields her face with her claws, while Scorpan flapped his wing, and landed a strong thrust kick at Nightmare Moon.

Just then, Spike came flying at high speed, as he rocketed himself off a wall, and straight towards Nightmare Moon, landing a kick to the anthro demon's face, knocking her into a wall.

"Girls! NOW!!" Spike called, to Twilight and her fellow bearers.

With that, the six girls all shot an arc of rainbow at Nightmare Moon, "NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!" Nightmare Moon screamed, as she quickly dispersed into a puff of smoke, and barely dodged the rainbow's light. "AAAUGGH!!" Nightmare Moon groaned, as she collapsed, into her true alicorn form.

"Oh, so close!" Pinkie groaned.

"But we're not gonna miss her again!" Applejack said, as the girls prepared to fire another shot.

"Foals!" Nightmare Moon hissed. "You think by stopping me, you can stop the meltdown?"

"Meltdown?" Spike asked.

"With control of the Sun Stone," Nightmare Moon began. "We can direct all of the sun's heatwaves to the Frozen North, to start a flood that will increase the water levels of your world to the point that mountains will be reduced to mere hills! And only then, can the Smooze be able to swallow the whole world, completely, by nightfall! And with every last bit of your kingdom gone, my Shadowbolts and I can move in, and resurrect our empire from the ashes! You cannot win!"

"The Frozen North?!" Scorpan gasped, before he turns to the girls. "Girls! You must stop the meltdown!"

"But, Nightmare Moon!" Twilight began.

"That's an order, Princess Twilight!" Scorpan shouted. "Do it! Now! Or else, nothing can be recovered from the Smooze!"

Twilight looked hesitant, while Spike looked at Nightmare Moon. Then, appearing before him, Princess Luna looked at Spike solemnly, "You'll save me next time," Luna whispered.

'But auntie,' Spike spoke in his thoughts.

"Please nephew," Luna continued. "I'll be eternally grateful, if you save Equestria for me. Continue to look after, Tia, as you've always had. We shall meet again, soon."

Though conflicted, Spike looked at the sun's ray, and then back at Nightmare Moon. Knowing what must be done, he nodded, 'Okay, aunt,' he said telepathically. "Girls! Do it!" he called. "Fire the Elements of Harmony into the Sun Stone's beam! Stop the meltdown!"

With that, the girls complied, as they used the Elements of Harmony to merge with the sun's ray.


Frozen North

The Shadowbolts were at first celebrating of the melting of the Frozen North, when suddenly, a huge beam of rainbow was shot down from the sky, and into the machine, where the Sun Stone was located.

"What's happening?" one of the Shadowbolts asked.

The Shadowbolts looked, to see the Frozen North had ceased it's meltdown. Instead, the icy structures began to grow, and the waters that were flowing from the ice mountains started to freeze up again. Furthermore, Neira woke up, as she felt her strength returning.

Looking up into the sky, she thought she saw a dragon flying, 'I won't fail you again, Spike,' she thought, as she started blasting an ice cold breath.


Back on the moon

Twilight and the girls have finished using the Elements of Harmony to heal the Frozen North from the moon.

"That should do it," Twilight panted. "Not sure how long it'll hold. But at least the Frozen North won't be able to melt again, for awhile."

"Now, it's your turn-" Rainbow's words got eaten, when Nightmare Moon became a puff of smoke, as she makes her escape. "NO!" Rainbow shouted. "Not again!"

"She's not getting away that easy!" Spike said, as he rushes out of the room, with everyone following. "Quick -- back to the ship!"

"No problem," Discord said, as he snaps his fingers, and the boys were instantly back at the ship.


Later

The heroes quickly brought the ship to life, as they flew off into space, in pursuit of Nightmare Moon.

"There she is!" Spike said, pointing to a certain black smoke flying in front of them. "She won't know what'll hit her!"

"Probably because she's already hitting us!" Pinkie screamed.

"Yipe!" Fluttershy screamed.

"Quickly, men! Battle station!" Button Mash shouted, as he and the Knights all quickly made a beeline for the controls.

"Actually! We got this!" Sunny said, as she, the Shadowbolt girls were the first ones at the controls.

With that, the five renegade Shadowbolts all expertly piloted the spacecraft, all the while firing several lasers at Nightmare Moon, who didn't hesitate to fire some explosive beams, back at them.

"Since when have you girls learned how to pilot a spaceship?" Button asked.

"We've once attended space camp, in Florida," Sugarcoat replied. "It was part of our space exploration program. That, and the fact why the Shadowbolts had a fleet of spacecrafts of their own to begin with."

"That's a lot to take in, when you say it all at once," Pinkie commented.

"Girls," the man in fedora spoke. "It is essential that once Nightmare Moon is within range, you fire the Elements of Harmony upon her to ensure her defeat!"

"You got it, sir!" Rainbow replied. "Um, I don't think we catch your name."

"In fact, I don't think we ever caught your name," Pinkie Pie added.

"Who are you?" Fluttershy asked.

"Who I am not of the importance," the man replied. "However, I can tell you that I, and the girls whom you've once had quarrels with, are now your allies," Sunset tried to read the man's mind. However, all she could see was nothing but darkness.

Though she couldn't get through to him, Sunset reluctantly complied, "If you say so, sir," she replied.

As the heroes continue to steer the Celestial Phoenix after Nightmare Moon, Twilight and the girls readied the Elements of Harmony once more, ready to fire another shot at Nightmare Moon.

Unfortunately, this still didn't go unnoticed, "AAHH!! The Elements of Harmony!" Nightmare Moon gasped in fear.

Projecting the Elements' powers via cannon, several multicolored beams of magics were shot. Nightmare Moon spins to the side, as she evades the blasts, while receiving a few burns on her wings. At the same time, Sunny fired laser, which was a direct hit to Nightmare Moon, followed by a rainbow of light that struck Nightmare Moon from behind.

"AAAAAAAAUUUUGGGGGGGHHHH!!!!!" Nightmare Moon wailed, as cracks were forming all over her body, and black smokes were billowing out.

"YES!! Direct hit!" Rainbow cheered.

The heroes watched as Nightmare Moon fell towards Equestria, as a black, flaming comet.

"There!" Sunny spoke. "Nightmare Moon's down!"

"Um, Sunny-" Sugar began.

"Now all we gotta do is catch her, bring her to Canterlot, rid the Smooze, and save the world," Rainbow smirked.

"Too bad the Smooze is where Nightmare Moon crash landed!" Sugarcoat exclaimed.

After a moment of silence, everyone all screamed, realizing what they've done, "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!"

PreviousChapters Next