• Published 11th Jan 2017
  • 17,046 Views, 792 Comments

Dragonfire 🐲 Enter The Dragon Hero 🐲 - Phantom-Dragon



Born in the Year of the Dragon, gifted with a powerful magic called the Dragonfire, Spike Draco fights the forces of evils that threatens to destroy the worlds of his friends and family.

  • ...
25
 792
 17,046

PreviousChapters Next
Armor of Heroes part 5: Forgotten Faces Revealed

Meanwhile, on a train for Ponyville

“Isn’t this exciting, Bunny?!” Prince Blueblood asked. “I can just see that horrified look on Speck’s face, when I finally prove that I’m much of a hero than he will ever be!” Prince Blueblood smiled evil, as he rubbed his hooves together in glee, ‘Soon, I’ll be getting what was rightfully mine! I’ll have fame, fortune, the mares, and I’ll get my own show!’

My Little Pony Friendship is Magic Theme(Prince Blueblood’s Version)

My little pony, my little pony,

Ahh, ahh, ahh, ahhh....

My little pony,

I used to wonder what friendship could be

(My little pony)

Until I found a mirror and found it was meeeee!

Boring lectures,

Loved by none!

...wait, what?

I am a work of aaaaart,

I’m the star of this song!...but I disgress,

It’s an easy feat!

And magic helps me be elite!

(My little pony)

You have my little ponies

Do you know you’re....

In my way.

(My little pony)

Seriously! Backup!

(My little pony....ME!)

Bunny looked, unamused, while Blueblood had a smug grin on his face, as he gloated, “Good-bye, dragon. How do you like me now?” Blueblood gasped, as he had an epiphany, “Whoa. How do you like me now? How you like me now?~” Blueblood sang to himself, before he broke into another musical fit.


[Dead or Alive 5 - Purity]

Spike, Fleur, Rainbow, and Mina, were all running and flying through the streets of Dragon Town, with some of the Shadowbolts right on their tails.

The four ran into an alley, where a barred fence blocks their way. Spike, Mina, and Rainbow flew over the fence, while Fleur simply concentrated her magic and teleported to the other side. Afterwards, the four continued their way, until the found themselves surrounded, once more by Flying Monkeys, Shadow creatures, and the Shadowbolts. Spike, Rainbow, and Fleur, all got themselves in fighting stances, while Mina did the same.

"So, what's the plan?" Mina asked.

Rainbow looked at the dragoness, questionably, "Um, you can fight?"

Mina looked at the pegasus, offended, "Is there a problem?" she asked, with a raised brow.

"No," Rainbow replied sheepishly. "Just asking. He he," the pegasus chuckled nervously.

"C'mon, girls," Spike began, catching their attentions. "Let's do this!"

"En garde!" Fleur shouted, unsheathing her rapier, as both forces charged into battle.

Fleur charged forward, thrusting her rapier, piercing through one of the Shadow Creatures, causing it to disperse into smokes. Suddenly, one of the Shadowbolts’ ninjas jumped at the girl from behind, but Fleur was able to flip the ninja off, and into a wall, causing it to disperse into a puff of smoke. Just then, several Flying Monkeys all swooped in, as they attempted to pounce Fleur down, only for the girl to jump in the air, spinning herself in the air, before she appeared in her unicorn form, bucked her legs out, kicking the monkeys away, followed by a blast of magic bolts from her horn, before she finished the monkeys off with a flaming kick. Well, most of them that is. One monkey tried to grab Fleur from behind, but the unicorn’s perspective sense of hearing picked him up, leading her to backfist the flying primate.

Up on the roofs, some Shadowbolts were readying their arrows, and some blasters, aiming for Spike and Fleur, when Rainbow swooped in and stopped them. The speeding pegasus was able to catch all of the arrows being shot, as well as deflecting all of the flaming projectiles with her combined flying kicks and super speed.

“Take your best shot!” Rainbow insulted, followed by a blast form the Shadowbolts. “You’re gonna have to do better than that, Shadowbutts,” After another missed shot, by the Shadowbolts, Rainbow Dash continued to fly around, until a Shadowbolt poked his head from the top of a roof, and swings a machete at her. “Whoa! Uh, uh, uh. Three strikes and you’re out!” Rainbow joked, after she evaded all strikes from the Shadowbolt, just as a flaming cannon was shot past her, and exploded the Shadowbolt in the face.

Just then, several Flying Monkeys swarmed around the cyan pegasus, “Rainbow, heads down!” Spike called out, as he breathes a huge burst of green fire, scorching the monkeys, while Rainbow evaded the attack.

“Thanks Spike!” Rainbow called out.

“Don’t thank me yet,” Spike replied, as he turns his attention back in the fight. One of the Shadowbolts made a desperate lunge for the sword on Spike’s back, but the dragon had heard him coming, and made a huge flip, before he came down from behind, and karate chopped the Shadowbolt on the neck, knocking him out cold. Then, some shadow creatures surrounded Spike, before they dove in, trying to overpower the dragon, while taking the sword away from him. In retaliation, Spike grabbed onto the sword with his tail, his claws, and lastly, his mouth, as he fought the creatures off with several swings, punches, and chops from his claws, kicks with his legs, whips from his tail, bashes from his head, and his fire breath.

“Hey Spike!” Rainbow called, as she flew to the dragon’s side. “Remember that trick we worked on in the Training Dimension?”

“Let’s do it, to it!” Spike replied, as he and Rainbow linked their arms together.

With that, they both spun themselves into a ball, that almost looked like a rotating yin-yang symbol, of blazing rainbows, until they released each other and flew all over the street, bouncing from walls to walls, off of buildings, before they rocketed themselves back at the Shadowbolts, at high speed, and in a flurry of punches and kicks, defeated the Shadowbolts, winged monkeys, and shadow creatures on the spot, just when more came to take over.

Suddenly, a blood chilling screech was heard, causing even Rainbow’s hairs to stand on end, “Oh no,” Rainbow moaned.

Then, in a blur of brown, gold, and white, Rainbow was tackled, by a still angry possessed Gilda, “Payback time, Dash!” Gilda growled, as she snapped her beaks at Rainbow, who moved her head, evading the attack.

“Gilda!” Rainbow called out. “It’s me! Dash! You’re bestie!” Unfortunately, Rainbow’s words fell on deaf ears, as Gilda continues to slash her claws at Rainbow Dash, menacingly. Luckily, Spike and Fleur came from both sides of the griffon, as they slammed their arms together, sandwiching Gilda, knocking the wind out of the griffon.

“Sorry Gilda,” Spike apologized to the griffon. “It’s for your own good y’know.” The angry griffon’s eyes snapped open, as she quickly gets up, and pounces after Spike, who quickly flipped on his back, and kicked the griffon off. Shaking the blow off, the griffon was about to pounce again, only for Mina to intervene, as she jumped to the griffon’s side, and landed a flying kick. Gilda got up, as she glares angrily at the dragoness.

“Bring it, pussycat!” Mina growled, challenging the griffon with a wave of her claws.

Taking the challenge, Gilda lets out a lion’s roar, as she ran towards the dragon, in a blur of brown and gold, as she lunged forward, slashing her claws, only for Mina to duck her head in time, before she lurched upward, and head butted the griffon in the stomach. Catching herself in the air, Gilda made a sharp turn, before she pounced forward, while Mina leapt backward, putting some distance between herself and the angry griffon. Gilda, standing on her hind legs, ran at high speed, lashing her claws at Mina, who countered with a sweep of her tail, tripping the griffon up in the air, followed by a spinning air kick, that launched the griffon into a fishmonger’s stand of fishes.

“Alright, Mina,” Spike smiled, giving the dragon a thumbs up.

“Wow, I’m impressed,” Rainbow smiled.

“Oui,” Fleur added. “Tu es incroyable! Where’d you learn that?”

“Uncle Mako taught them to me,” Mina smiled. “I’m one of his students. Remember?”

“Oh,” Fleur said, as she started to recall. “Oui, I remember now.”

Meanwhile, looking from another building, “Our forces are losing, mistress,” one of the Shadowbolts explained to Somnambula. “What should we do?”

Somnambula walked over to the cage, containing the bird, surrounded by the Three Magicians, “Now Kyrie!” the witch commanded. “SING!”

“No, please,” Kyrie chirped in protest. “Don’t make me!”

“SING!” Somnambula shouted, with a blast of lightning from her staff.

“You heard her bird!” Goldcap shouted. “Sing, or we’ll roast you for dinner!”

Swallowing a lump, Kyrie did as she was told, and let out a haunting song.

Meanwhile, with our heroes, Rainbow and Fleur continue to assist Spike and Mina, fighting off the Shadowbolts, when they heard Kyrie’s song.

“What’s that.....sound,” Rainbow droned at the last part, as here eyes suddenly turned blank, and the pegasus finds herself in a zombie-like trance. The same happened to Fleur, despite her initial resistance.

Spike, together with Mina, heard the song. However, they weren’t affected the same as Rainbow and Fleur were, “What’s that sound?” Spike asked.

“I don’t know,” Mina replied, before she took notice of their friends’ states. “Uh, Rainbow? Fleur? You girls okay?” However, rather than answering, Rainbow and Fleur lunged forward, and attacked the two dragons.

“Hey!” Spike exclaimed, while evading an attack from Rainbow. “What’s gotten into-” Spike was interrupted, as he blocked a kick from Fleur, followed by another kick, to the stomach that sent him flying backward.

Meanwhile, the hooded figure, accompanied by the Knights, and the MMDW, were running and jumping across the rooftops of Dragon Town, as they follow Peewee, searching for their friends. It didn’t took long, before the hooded figure came to a quick stop, as she listens, and hears Kyrie’s singing.

“Oh no!” the hooded figure gasped in fright.

“What is it?” the Mysterious Mare Do Well asked, worryingly.

Back with Spike and Mina, the two dragons fought together, against their brainwashed friends.

“Rainbow!” Spike shouted, as he struggles to block most of the pegasus’s speedy fury of flying punches. “What are you doing?!”

“Must get the Dragonfire,” Rainbow droned.

“Must get the Dragonfire,” Fleur repeated, raising her rapier, preparing to stab the dragon from behind.

“NO!” Mina shouted, catching the blade, mere seconds before it made an impact through Spike, with her claws. “Flare! Have you lost your mind? You tried to kill Spike! Your best friend!”

“Ridicule,” Fleur replied, still in zombie state. “Why would I socialize with a reptilic freak?”

Though insulted, Mina knew that wasn’t like Fleur, “When he’s your best friend?”

“That’s absurd,” With that, Fleur slashes her rapier at the dragoness, who repeatedly dodges the sword, while receiving a few cuts at her arm, and at her hair.

"It's working!" Somnambula grinned evilly, before she turned to a nearby Shadowbolt, who nodded in understanding, and blew into a horn.

Upon hearing the sound, the Shadowbolts who were engaging combat with the dragons, quickly pulled out some nets, pulsing with dark magic, and threw them all over Spike and Mina. Spike tried to deflect them, both with his tongue, and with the Sword of Honor, but there were too many, and both he and Mina were trapped, and the boy felt his powers slowly draining away as he reverts back to human form.

"At last! The Dragonfire is ours!" With that, Somnambula, and the Shadowbolts all laughed in triumph. "Now, without further ado!" Somnambula tapped her staff to the ground, forming a magic circle, while chanting an incantation. Just then, Peewee flew into the room, and slashed his claws at the witch's hands, stopping her from performing the spell. "Meddlesome phoenix!" With that, Somnambula waved her staff, attempting to blast several spells at the Phoenix, who flew circles around her.

At the same time, a small black horsefly flew into the room, and buzzed next to Decepticolt's ears. Irritated, Decepticolt tries to swat the fly away, but missed, and ended up smacking Goldcap in the face.

"What's that for?!" Goldcap asked angrily, slapping Decepticolt in the face.

"Sorry," the boy apologized. "I was trying to get the fly." Just then, Zappityhoof, smacked Decepticolt behind the head. "What's that for?!" Decepticolt asked the girl angrily.

"Sorry," Zappityhoof apologized. "I was trying to get fly off-THERE IT IS!!" With that, the girl took her hat off, and a blast of confetti went off in Decepticolt's face.

The fly soon, flew circles around the Three Magicians, as they chased after it, before they collided into Somnambula.

"Get off of me you idiots!" Somnambula growled, shoving the magicians off. Peewee then flew to the cage, containing Kyrie, and with a peck of his beak, the phoenix broke the lock on the bird's cage.

"Oh, thank you," Kyrie chirped gratefully.

"Not so fast!" Somnambula shouted, preparing to fire another spell, when Zappityhoof saw the fly again. Fixing her gaze on the fly, Zappityhoof could've sworn she saw it blew a raspberry at her. With that, Zappityhoof angrily pulls out a hammer from her hat.

"ZAP! NO!!!" Gold and Decepticolt shouted, but too late. Zappityhoof swung the hammer, hitting Somnambula's staff, causing her spell to misfire, and struck some of the Shadowbolts that were flooding into the room, as well as causing the two birds to escape.

"YOU IDIOT!!" Somnambula screamed, as she glared menacingly at the Three Frightened Magicians.

Without Kyrie's spell, Rainbow and Fleur snapped out of their trances, as they took notice of Spike and Mina, trapped in nets.

"Wuh-what happened?" Rainbow asked. "What's going on?" Before Rainbow's question was answered, the hooded figure appeared, and picked up Spike and Mina. Then, in a flash of green lights, they disappeared without a trace, just when the others arrived.

"Don't worry, Spike!" Button shouted, as he got into fighting stance. "We got your.....back? Oh come on! Not again!" the boy groaned.

"I think this is what they called a 'running gag,'" Pipsqueak muttered.

"Um, guys," Rainbow called, catching their attentions, and pointed to the Shadowbolts, Winged Monkeys, and Shadow Creatures surrounding them.

"Great...." Decepticolt moaned. "We've got to deal with those punks again!"

Somnambula staff projected a magic blade from one end of her staff, as she points it threateningly at the boy's throat, "Who'd you mean 'we?'"

"Um, aren't we going to go and stop them?" Decepticolt whimpered.

"After your early bumbling mishap, cost me my slave?!"

"Would it hurt to say we're sorry?" Zappityhoof whimpered, to which Somnambula responded, with a blast of her staff, sending the magicians flying off their feet, and into a wall. The wall suddenly came to life, as it sprouted chains, securing the magicians.

"You three have botched up the plans of the Shadowbolts, one time too many!" the angry witch hissed. "And now, you're no longer of any use to us!" Not wasting a second to hear the magician's plea of mercy, Somnambula's eyes glowed, as the three unicorns' magics were drained from their body and into the witch's staff. Once the task was done, the Three Magicians collapsed to the floor, with their cutie marks gone, and their eyes turned blank, as they stared endlessly in the air.

"What do you wish us to do with them now?" one of the Shadowbolts asked.

"Take them back to Midnight castle. Hang them up on the walls. They will serve as examples for what happens to those who fail Nightmare Moon, one time too many!" Somnambula answered bitterly, before she turned to some other Shadowbolts. "You others! Track down Kyrie! She is still of some use to the Shadowbolts! The rest of you, find the Dragon Prince! He cannot be far! Do not let him escape! And should any of his friends interfere, destroy them!" The witch then took her leave.

"What about you mistress?" one of the Shadowbolts asked. "What will you do in the meantime?"

"I will go and find some more effective mercenaries!" Somnambula answered. "Some who are of more worth to serving the master!"

With a bow of their heads, the Shadowbolts all complied to their given tasks.


Spike and Mina were soon freed from the nets, courtesy of the hooded figure.

"Phew," Spike breathed a sigh of relief. "I thought we were goners for sure. Thanks again for the save," he said to the hooded figure.

"No problem, Spike," the hooded figure replied. "Just looking out for a friend, like you always have."

"Then I guess that means we can trust you," Mina replied. "Whoever you are."

"Who are you?" Spike asked.

Looking around, the hooded figure asked, "Promise you won't freak out?" the two dragons look at each other questionably, before they nodded their heads.

With that, the figure took of their cloak, revealing himself to be a creature that almost resembles a Thestral. In appearance, the creature has a curved horn sprouting from the center of its forehead, long snake-like fangs showing from the upper jaws, round vivid opal eyes, sparkling matching translucent wings, sea greenish black body, dark arctic blue carapace on his back, and dark arctic bluish gray mane and tail. Furthermore, his wings, tail, and noticeably, his legs appeared to have holes in them.

"Whoa!" Spike gasped. "Who are you?"

"More importantly, what are you?" Mina asked.

"Spike!" the creature replied in a different voice that has a distorted, echoing quality. "It's me! Thorax!"

"Thorax?!" Spike exclaimed, looking at the creature closely. "No! It can't be! You can't be Thorax! I know Thorax! And he's not a...a..."

"A changeling?" the creature finished. "Well, I tried to tell you that, Spike. Long ago, but I kinda....hesitated," the changeling looked up, to see Spike, still doubtful at his words. "I'm telling you Spike. I really am Thorax!"

"Well, you may have his voice," Spike began. "But how do I know for sure you're really him?"

Lifting one of his forelegs up, Thorax began, "Remember when we made this?" With that, the two both did a secret handshake.

"Thorax!" Spike gasped. "It really is you!" With that, both boys ran towards each other, and embraced. "Wow! What are the odds! My best friend, the Master of Disguise, a changeling!" Spike then bore a questionable look, as he looks at Thorax, "What's a changeling by the way?"

"Something I'm not proud of being born as," Thorax replied solemnly. "As far as I know about my own species, we changelings are ancient creatures of dark forces. We prey on love. It's food for us, as it is a magical bond for all other creatures. Though, it's kinda contradicting for me, since all I've ever wanted was to share love, not steal and feed on it. Because of that, I was considered an outcast to my kind, so I set off, looking for love to share, but..."

"But what?" Spike asked.

"I was starving!" Thorax yelled. "There was so much to love in Equestria, it drove me crazy! And it's all because of you!"

"Me?!"

"Yes!" Composing himself, Thorax calmly answered, "Believe it or not, Spike. Before you and Scorpan left for the human world, you and I were friends back then," Spike looked at the changeling, in confusion. "I'm sure you still remember this little dragonfly you've once played with in the garden? A dragonfly you named, Shadow?"

"Oh yeah," Spike replied, as he remembered. "I haven't thought about that little bug in years," Then, Spike had an epiphany, "Whoa! Wait, he's you!!"

"Yup," Thorax smiled in nostalgia. "It felt like it was yesterday. Back then, a lot ponies were weary about seeing a changeling like me. So I disguised myself, keeping myself hidden from pony eyes. Then, I heard something about the Dragon Prince, living in Canterlot with Princess Celestia, and being a hero to all ponies and everything. Sensing how strongly the ponies love you, I knew it would be enough to feed me for many moons. Of course, being the more clever imposter I am, compared to my kind, first I need to know more about you, in order for my disguise trick to pull of, effectively. And you know the rest."

"Whoa," Spike replied, along with Mina. "So, how are you as of late? Still feeding on love to survive?"

"Nope," Thorax replied. "Ever since I've made friends with you, along with some others, and the girls, I guess I kinda forgot about it. Which brings to how I ended up in the human world with you! I wanted to keep experiencing this friendship of yours. So, the moment you left, I kinda hitched a ride with you and General Scorpan. After that, I made myself at home, and both you and I became friends once more!"

"Does anyone else know about your secret?"

"Nope. I've been keeping it to myself until now."

"Why now?"

"I don't know. It may have something to do with your Dragonfire reaching its state of maturity. Because since then, I've been feeling a really strong force of love, emitting from you and the girls, and my powers just kinda stopped working. I can't even change into a proper a human!" Spike nodded in acknowledgement, before Thorax shook his head in frustrations, "Wait! WHAT AM I DOING?! WE'VE GOT BIGGER PROBLEMS!!" With that, the changeling puts his cloak back on, as he levitated the dragon, and started running back out in the streets.

"What? What's the problem?" Spike asked, as he escaped the changeling's magic grip.

"Well, you know how I've been helping Lyra, Bon Bon, and Fleur, spying on the Shadowbolts?" Thorax asked.

"Uh, I guess we kinda forgot we had the Master of Disguise on the team," Spike chuckled sheepishly. "But what do you know about the Shadowbolts?"

"Ponyville's under attack!"

"WHAT?!!" Spike exclaimed, along with Mina.


Speaking of....

"Oh yeah!" Discord said, as he dances to the rhythm of his own theme songs. "This is my jam, y'all!" With that, Discord snaps his finger, and conjures up a pair of sunglasses, and puts them upside down, on his face.

"Yes!" Hydia cackled evilly. "This is what I'm talking about! Chaos, and misery upon the little ponies of Equestria! This is what I've been wishing for! No thanks to the imbeciles of daughters I've been forced to suffer with!" the witch growled, as she looked at the two girls in disgust.

"Ah, forget about them!" Discord smirked, snapping his fingers, causing both Reeka and D'raggle to be eaten by some trash cans that were turned into monsters. "They're nothing compared to me, and the boys!"

Snip and Snails both were playing a dangerous game of tennis, which involves Pinkie's stolen party cannon.

"FIRE!!" Snips shouted, as he lit the cannon, causing it to shoot several random objects at Snails, who swiftly swatted them away with a tennis racket.

"Wah ha ha!" Snails laughed, in Waluigi's voice.

Many of the ponies were all hiding beneath some benches, or any other forms of shelter they could find, as objects all rained down on them.

"Chaos, is a wonderful, wonderful thing!" Discord chortled, as he drank a glass of chocolate milk, before he threw the chocolate milk away, resulting in an explosion.

"My cabbages!" a random pony shouted.

Just then, Prince Blueblood arrived, wearing a bell bottom pants, with purple stripes, and a red cape, "Never fear citizens of Ponyville!" Prince Blueblood declared, loudly. "Your incredibly handsome, talented, courageous, suave, and friendly neighbor, Prince Blueblood is here to save you all!" However, the only response Blueblood received, were some crickets chirping. "Once again, my reputation eludes me," Blueblood sighed.

"Who are you?" Discord asked.

"I am Prince Blueblood!" Prince Blueblood introduces himself. "I'm the hero of this story, and I'm going to banish you back to whence you came!"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," Discord yawned. "I think you're kinda lost, because I'm kinda expecting someone else at the moment. Come back later when you've got some new materials," With that, Discord stretched his arms, preparing to take a nap, before he snapped his finger, and a cake came flying out, hitting Blueblood.

"Ew!" Blueblood moaned. "I've been caked! I just had myself groomed! Where's the spa? WHERE'S THE SPA? I can't save the day looking like a mess!"

"See, this is why we prefer Prince Spike over you," one of the ponies voiced their opinions.

"WHAT?!" Blueblood exclaimed in outrage, while Discord's ears perked in interest.

"Spike isn't afraid of putting his own life, before others!" Fluttershy answered. "He's willing to give up his life, to secure our own!"

"Well that sounds foolish," Blueblood replied.

"It's being selfless!" Fluttershy replied angrily, in defense for Spike. "Which is the opposite to how selfish you are!"

"I agree with Fluttershy," Rarity added.

"What?" Blueblood asked. "How could you be so quick as to betray me, for some dragon?"

"Spike isn't some dragon!" Rarity answered. "He's the most, bravest, charming, and the most generous dragon I've ever known! He's willing to give others their needs, over his own. And he's not afraid of getting himself dirty when it comes to saving the day!"

"Then I guess that makes him a living mess," With that, Blueblood flicked his mane, while trying to flash a smile, "Unlike me."

"No! It makes you the pompous prince you are! Why, I wished that I had met him first, instead of you! Because I'm certain he wouldn't use me as a shield against a flying cake!"

"That happened ten years ago!"

"I'm still upset about it! And you've never even apologized for it!"

"ME?! Apologize! Apologizing is only for the weak and wrong! Which you should do, because you're weak and wrong! And you still smell like cake frosting!"

"Well listen to you!" Applejack began. "Being all high and mighty, while Spike treats us all as equal, because in his book: We're family!"

Prince Blueblood laughed, as he sheds a tear, "Oh that's rich. Royalty, considering the lowly peasants family! That's a joke!" Prince Blueblood continued laughing, while the ponies looked at him, unamused, even Discord doesn't find that funny.

"Hey," Discord began. "Now that I think about it. I do remember having a pal named Spike, being a lost prince of Equestria and all." Then, Discord had an epiphany, "Hold it! Are we talking about the same Spike here?"

"Depends," Rainbow began. "Who are you?"

"What? Don't you remember me? I'm Discord! The Master of Chaos! The purveyor of pandemonium, lord of lawlessness, earl of turmoil, bringer of bedlam, the father of a thousand voices!"

"Wait! Discord?!" Pinkie exclaimed, as she zipped by and looked at the draconequus over. "Wow, you certainly look different. What happened to you? A new haircut?"

Before Discord could answer, a blast of magic was shot, nearly hitting Pinkie Pie, while singing Discord's goatee.

"WHOA!" Pinkie shouted. "That almost got me!"

"What's your problem, bub?" Discord asked. "We were just getting reacquainted."

"I'll prove to every pony in Equestria, I'm as much of a hero than Spike ever was!" Blueblood said angrily. "And I'll start by defeating you!" With that, the angry prince blasted several bolts of magics at the draconequus, who dodges them all, as he moved his hips to the side, and took flight. "Hold still!" Discord didn't comply as he spins himself in a tornado, and appeared in a matador's costume, waving a cape.

"Toro!" Discord hollered, as the bolt of magic flies threw his cape, and he spins himself again, and appeared in a Russian Dancer's costume. "Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey!" He said, dancing and dodging the bolts being shot at his feet, before he spins again, "Thank you very much," Discord said, in Elvis Presley's voice, and dances to the side, dodging the bolts shot at him. Finally, Discord spins himself into a cowboy's costume, and pulled out a gun, only for Blueblood to shoot a disarming spell, knocking it out of Discord's lion paw, before he shot another spell, that struck Discord, reverting him back to human form, "My wieeeeeeeenneeeeeeeeerrr!" Discord groaned in agony, as he collapsed to the ground, and the jar, containing Trixie fell out of his pocket.

With a grunt, Trixie kicked the lid off, as she escaped, "Finally! I'm free!" Trixie said, as she scurried away. "Now, if only I can find some clothes around here! I'm freezing!" Trixie hadn't gone very far, when she bumped into Starlight Glimmer.

"Hey, who are you?" Starlight asked, levitating the the pixie turned girl up close. "What are you?"

Back to Discord, the boy was lying in Pinkie's fore hooves, as he coughed hoarsely, "Hold me close Pinkie. It's getting dark," Discord lets out another cough, as he continues to speak, in a South accent, "Tell Auntie Em to let Old Yeller out," Discord let out another cough, before he looked at Pinkie Pie, who was on the brink of tears, "Tell Tiny Tim I won't be coming home this Christmas," he said in a British accent, before he coughed again and talks in Rhett Butler's voice, "Tell Scarlette, I do give a damn," After his final plea, Discord dropped down to the floor, raising a rose up on his chest, while Pinkie bawled. Then, a hand came out, presenting an award to Discord. "You like me!" Discord grinned, as he batted his eyes. "You really like me!"

"Enough games!" Blueblood began. "Hooves up!"

With that, Discord complied, as he raises his deer leg up, and kicked Blueblood in the nose, making a honking noise. With a flash of light, Discord disappears, taking Reeka's pot hat off, and brought it over to Snips and Snails, placing the pot over their heads, before he conjured up a ladle, and bangs it together with the pot. Both boys' heads were shaking and ringing together, before their feet revved up, and they raised a fist, before they took off, screaming, "WHOO HOO HOOO HOOO HOOO HOOO!!!"

Both boys charged at Prince Blueblood, tackling the stallion to the ground, as they beat him senselessly with tennis rackets.

"Yooo-hoooo!" Snips called, as he and Snails stood at a distance, from Blueblood. Blueblood picked up a baseball and threw it at the boys, only for Snails to hit it back at the stallion, with a baseball bat.

"WHOOO HOOO HOOO HOOO HOO HOOOO HOOOO!!" the boys laughed, as they ran around the unconscious Prince Blueblood.

"SAFE!!" Discord exclaimed, as he appears in an umpire's outfit. "1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10! You're out!" Discord said to Prince Blueblood.


Dragon Town

"Where are you going Spike?!" Thorax called. "The train's over that way!"

"I know!" Spike replied. "But our friends are this way! And they need help!" Spike wasn't looking where he was going, when he crashed into someone.

"Oh, sorry about that," Spike replied, as he helped the person, or pony up. "I wasn't...."

"I can't believe it!" the MMDW exclaimed. "SPIKE! It really is you!!" the mysterious pony pulled Spike in a death gripping embrace, forcing the boy to changing himself into an octopus, to slip free, before he changes back in human form.

"And who might you be?" Spike asked.

"Who might I be?" the MMDW asked. "Who might I be?! It's me," With that, the mare took off her mask to reveal her true identity.

Spike could hardly believe his eyes, "Hey Spike!" the Knights called out, as they ran up to boy, with Rainbow and Fleur following.

"I see you've got yourself reacquainted with Gabby!" Rainbow smiled.

"Bet you didn't see this coming, right?!" Gabby asked enthusiastically, before she noticed something was up. "Speaking of, where's-"

"LOOK OUT!!" a voice shouted, before a blur of black came flying and intercepted a streak of purple and blue.

"Oh, there she is," Gabby smiled.

The heroes looked to see the hooded figure, fighting off a Shadowbolt. The Shadowbolt unsheathes his sword, as he slashes it towards the figure, who flipped in the air, and unsheathes her own sword, and collides it with the Shadowbolts. With that, the two engaged each other in a sword fight. The hooded figure slashes her sword at the Shadowbolt, who parried with his own, before he spins around and swings the sword at the figure's head, only for the figure to duck down in time, and slashes the sword at the Shadowbolt's feet. The Shadowbolt was able to jump off the ground, evading the attack, as he flipped in the air, over the figure's head, and thew several ninja stars at the figure.

The figure swiftly slashes the sword, deflecting the stars, before the Shadowbolt jumps towards her, in a flying kick. The figure counters the attacks, by rolling beneath him, thrusting her legs out, and knocking him out of the air.

"Wow, she's good!" Spike said in admiration.

"She's gonna be outnumbered!" Gabby shouted, pointing to some more on the way.

"Then let's help her out!" Rainbow said, as she cracked her hooves together. "It's payback time!"

With that, the friends all jumped into the fray, assisting their mysterious friend.

"Spike!" the hooded figure called. "Long time no see!" Before Spike could reply, a kunai with chain came flying and snared the Sword of Honor, and pulled it off his back.

"The sword!" Spike shouted, alerting the others.

"I got it!" the hooded figure replied, as she sprinted forward, grabbing the sword, and engaged in a tug of war with the Shadowbolt.

"Let go!" the Shadowbolt growled.

"I don't think so!" the hooded figure said, as she spins the Shadowbolt by the chain, and thrashed him around. Just then, a Shadowbolt jumped out, and kicked the hooded figure from behind.

The figure rolled to the sides, as all of the Shadowbolts unsheathed their swords, and attempted to cut her.

"NO!" Spike shouted, as he grabbed the figure, by the hem of her cloak, and pulled her away from their blades.

"Thanks Spike," the figure replied, as she kicked another Shadowbolt away from both him and her.

"WATCH OUT!!" the two said to each other, before they spun each other around and swung their fists, punching the Shadowbolts, before they lunged towards some incoming Shadowbolts from behind, and kicked them away.

Soon, the heroes looked to see more reinforcements on the way.

"They just keep coming!" Rainbow groaned in exhaustion.

"We can't keep this up," Rumble voiced.

"But I can!" a voice called, revealing itself to be a huge black and red celestial dragon.

"Uncle Mako!" Mina smiled, seeing her uncle was alright.

The Shadowbolts all fired their arrows, some magic bolts, and nets, as they fought the elder dragon, along with the Flying Monkeys, as they swarmed all over the elder dragon. However, Mako shook them off, as he flew into the air, slithered around, before he came back down, and breathed a huge gust of wind, blowing the Shadowbolts away.

"Thank you sensei," Spike said, as he gratefully bowed his head to the elder dragon.

"Happy to be of assistance, my prince," Mako bowed his head in return, as he reverted back in human form. "Now go and resume your mission."


Meanwhile, back at Midnight Castle

Indigo was sparring with a fellow Shadowbolt, when she suddenly sprained her wrist. The Shadowbolt took notice, as he walked over, inspecting the girl, only for Sunburn to intervene.

"What are you doing?" the angry girl asked. "FINISH HER!!"

"But she's hurt..." the Shadowbolt replied.

"So? A real Shadowbolt never shows mercy! DO IT!!"

Reluctant, the Shadowbolt kicked Indigo to the side, before he walks off, whispering, "Sorry."

Indigo winced in pain, as she struggles to get up, “Pathetic," Sunburn sneered, as she puts her feet on Indigo's back, and forces her down. "A real warrior, never feels pain!” Sunburn growled. "If you were fighting the Bearers of the Elements of Harmony right now, they'll do you in, before you could even say 'ow!'" Sunburn pulled Indigo up, as she forces her against the wall. "Now, as for your punishment, let's see if you can endure this, in half an hour!" With that, Sunburn attacked Indigo relentlessly.

Later, Indigo returned to her quarters, covered in bruises, and burns.

“Indigo!” the Crystal Prep Shadowbolts called, as they ran up to the injured girl. “Are you alright?”

“Does she look okay?” Sugarcoat asked.

The girls all helped their injured friend to her bed, “I’ve been training nonstop, breaking my own bones, and fighting endlessly against magic ponies, dragons, and karate kids, just for the promise of becoming an invincible warrior,” Indigo groaned. “And what do I have to show for it? Nothing but bruises, burns, and cuts received from my trainings and fights.”

"Tell me about it," Sunny replied. "I've got bruises that have got bruises."

“Y'know,” Sugarcoat began. “Maybe joining the Shadowbolts wasn’t all that’s cracked up to be.”

"Yeah," Indigo replied. "I joined because I want to beat CHS! And I want to become an all-powerful warrior! Not this!"

"I joined, because I like winning!" Sunny added. "Though, I don't feel much like a winner, as of late."

"Me two," Lemon added.

"Me three," Sour said.

"Agreed," Sugarcoat answered.

“As much as I hate to admit it,” Sunny began. “Maybe we’ve joined the wrong team. I mean, I wanted to join to get back at Twilight, for being the Princess of Friendship.” Sunny took another solemn look at the injured Indigo. “But if this is how we treat our friends in the Shadowbolts, then it’s a team I wouldn’t want to be a part of.”

“You’ve got to admit it,” Sour Sweet began. “Spike’s really got a way with words. You hear how passionate he is, about fighting for Equestria, the girls, and Princess Celestia?”

“Yeah!” the girls answered.

“I think I now see what those girls saw in him,” Indigo smirked. "He's tough."

"Full of energy!" Lemon added.

"And he's kinda cute," Sour swooned, before she received some weird looks from the others. "Y'know, when he's not fighting that is."

"Even after he stole a kiss from you and punched your boobs?" Sugarcoat asked.

Sour Sweet blushed, before she swallowed her pride, and replied, "Well, maybe it wasn't intentional. I mean, why did he do it? Because he was fighting us. And why would he fight us? Because we were trying to kill him."

Sugarcoat nodded in agreement, before they all turned to Sunny, "Do you have something to say Sunny?"

"Well," Sunny looked at the girls, before she answered. "I guess I don't know friendship as much as I thought I did."

"Saying that had to hurt," Indigo smirked.

"More than you are," Sunny replied. "I'm just saying, maybe it's better if we were helping Spike more, instead of fighting him. I mean, I'll admit, he's kinda cute. Not to mention, very charming."

"If it's not too late, already," Sugarcoat voiced.


Elsewhere

In the darkest district of Equestria, in a bar called the Broken Horn, many gruff looking ponies, minotaurs, griffons, and other sorts of creatures were all engaged in lively discussions of various topics, playing games of pokers, or simply trying to have a peaceful meal, when Somnambula appeared, in the facility, out of the fireplace. The lively atmosphere immediately disappeared, after the witch's presence was known. The patrons all looked at the witch in fear, as she made her way to the counter.

"Ah, Somnambula," the bartender began. "So nice to see you again, mistress. What shall it be today? Are you interested on hearing-"

"I'm not here for dinner," Somnambula began. "I'm here for some mercenaries."

The bartender looked at the witch for a moment, before he asked, "What's the job?"

"I need a hunter," Somnambula replied. "An effective hunter, who can capture the Dragonfire!"

Upon hearing the last words, the patrons all gasped in shock, as they looked at the witch.

"The Dragonfire?" the bartender asked. "Don't tell me. You and your Shadowbolts are still hung up on capturing the Dragon Prince?"

"Is there a problem?" Somnambula asked, with her grip tightening on her staff.

"No, no problem at all. It's just, I know one man who might deliver the goods for you. But I must warn you, he ain't human."

"Where is he?"

Later, Somnambula entered a dark room, where another figure stood, by a window. In appearance, the figure is a man, and he appears to be in his late twenties and he has a dark red shoulder length hair, a black t-shirt with a bullseye on it, dark grey jeans, and a maroon overcoat with a bleeding skull symbol on the back.

"Are you the marksman known as Bloodshot?" Somnambula asked.

"Depends," the man replied. "Who wants to know?"

"I am Somnambula," the witch answered. "And I was told that you're the hunter to see. One who has the skills necessary to capture a certain Dragon Prince."

Bloodshot smirked, "You're told correct. However, I don't work for free. You want my service? You've got to show me the golds!" With a sneer, Somnambula tapped her staff on the floor, and a huge black chest appeared before Bloodshot. With a wave of her staff, the chest lid flew open, revealing the valuable contents within. Bloodshot bent down, picked up one of the bits, and bit one of them to make sure they were real, before he looked up at the witch.

"Any questions?" Somnambula asked.

"Where's the dragon?"

Author's Note:

Thank alphasteel for helping me with my writer's block.

PreviousChapters Next