• Published 11th Jan 2017
  • 17,012 Views, 792 Comments

Dragonfire 🐲 Enter The Dragon Hero 🐲 - Phantom-Dragon



Born in the Year of the Dragon, gifted with a powerful magic called the Dragonfire, Spike Draco fights the forces of evils that threatens to destroy the worlds of his friends and family.

  • ...
25
 792
 17,012

PreviousChapters Next
Evil Lives Here Part 1: Broken Bridges

Author's Note:

Wow, how time flies. The previous chapter was over two months ago? Anyway, at last, the first chapter to start off a new story arc has now published! Enjoy.

Peewee was flying over the lower Hudson River, seeing if he could find Bone Cruncher there. So far he's been unsuccessful as he only found seals, crabs, and a whale or two occasionally. He was about to head back to Spike when he saw a large reptilian like figure darting towards one of the large open pipes.

Peewee thinks he found his target but he had to be sure. He flew down lower to the area to get a better look. But as soon as he did that however, a large hand suddenly reached out from the water and grabbed him. Peewee was then pulled into the water where he's face to face with a sneering Bone Cruncher. Thinking fast, Bone slapped an inhibitor collar around the blazing bird's neck and swam into the pipe entrance with Peewee, gasping for air, in hand.


Elsewhere...

Sour Sweet has been patrolling the streets, looking out for any danger, especially Fear Haunter and Bone Cruncher. She and the other Crystal Prep Shadows were under strict orders, if they were to catch sight with either of these metahumans, they were told not to engage but to report it to either Spike or Twilight immediately. These orders came from Princess Luna herself who has been searching the Shadowbolts who got scattered, most of whom were found.

Somnambula has been quiet ever since her crushing defeat at Fear's hands. She's been coup'd up at her quarters as of late and rarely comes out.

Most of her squadmates are in critical conditions at the moment. Minos is currently in a coma, he has suffered massive hemorrhage in the head and it took nearly a gallon of elixir to stop the bleeding. Geoff has been bound to a wheelchair as he is unable move his hindlegs, it is unknown at the moment if he'll ever walk again. Carrie was the lucky one as she only received cuts and bruises.

Sour sighed, "Could things get any worse?" As if fate was farting in her direction, a bucket of red paint suddenly fell on her head.

"Oh my gosh!" She heard someone call out from above. It was a woman's voice and one Sour somewhat recognizes, "I am so sorry!" The woman said as she was coming down the ladder. The woman in question looks a few years older than Sour, with light magenta hair and green eyes.

The woman helped take the bucket off of her head, allowing Sour to see clearly who it is, "MATILDA!" Her pupils shrunk to pinpricks.

"Sour!" The woman, now known as Matilda, gasped. "Uh, are you okay?"

"Do I LOOK okay to you?" Sour frowned.

"Uh....well, I'll admit, you do look like a mess."

Looking down at herself, Sour could see she was covered from head to toe in red paints, looking at her reflection in a nearby store's windows to see she looked like Carrie White from Stephen King's novel, Carrie.

"Ha, yeah, you're right," Sour chuckled at first, before she snarled, "So is this your new gig? Spilling bucket of paint on me?!"

"What? No, it's not like that!" Matilda waved her hands. "I'm done with all that!"

"You sure? Because to me, you haven't changed a bit!"

"No, really! It was an accident! I'm legit this time!"

"That's what all of you would say," Sour growled. "But I know what you think! And let me tell you! I'm not dirt! I. AM. NOT. DIRT!!!" Matilda backed away in fright, tripping and fell to the ground, as Sour towered above her.

Sour Sweet raised her hand up, ready for a strike. But upon seeing how frightened Matilda look, she hesitated, before at last, she took off running.


Central Park

Spike was sitting at the base of a tree, watching the last leaves of autumn falling off their perches from the branches, and still a few people playing together with their friends and family.

A little boy was playing a quick game of football with an old man, who happens to be his grandfather, "I'm sure glad I got to spend the fall with you grandpa!" A young boy smiled.

The young Dragon Prince looked to his right to see some other kids running across the park to fly a kite, with the winds blowing in their favor.

"Look mama!" A little girl exclaimed, presenting a flower she had picked. "I got this beautiful flower just for you!"

"Aw, that's sweet of you!" The mother smiled, before both she and her daughter embraced.

The sight of all these family bonding brought nostalgia to the dragon, as he recalls a few memories of his childhood, when it was just him and the ponies, and their friends, and how they were all growing up, making memories together, and so much in love. Well, the girls at least. Seeing the beauty of happiness, Spike knows that all it takes is a little touch of evil, such as Fear or Bone to ruin it all. And he swore he'd do anything to prevent that from happening.

Eventually, the boy's brooding was interrupted, when his nose twitched to the familiar scent of sour and sweet, and his ears perked up to the sound of leaves crouching loudly towards him.

β€œHi Spike,” Sour Sweet greeted.

"Sour Sweet?" Spike asked, before he looked at her up and down. "What happened to you? Got in a fight? Was it Fear or Bone again?"

"No, nothing like that," The girl sighed. β€œCan I sit here?”

β€œSure, we were just about to leave anyway,” The boy replied when he got up and took his leave.

β€œOh? Where to? And 'we?'”

"Yeah," A voice spoke up, revealing itself to be Thorax, when he appeared from the tree. "I've been with him the whole time."

"Oh, hi Thorax," Sour greeted the changeling.

"Hey Sour. We're just going to Mario's Pizzeria. Wanna join us?"

"I am a little hungry. So might as well get a spaghetti while I’m there.”

β€œSuit yourself.” With that, Sour Sweet followed Spike and Thorax, who quickly changed into a little bug, back to the Italian restaurant.

On the way, Sour decided to strike up conversation, β€œListen Spike, I’m very sorry with the way I was with you before...”

β€œForgive me for not being helpful enough to save you or your dignity then,” Spike interrupted.

β€œNo, wait. I’m apologizing.”

β€œApologize? Why would you need to apologize? I am still a dragon you know. And a boy. A sneaky, cunning perverted boy in your book.”

β€œI didn’t mean all that. I was just so angry, Iβ€”β€œ

β€œNo excuse.”

β€œBut Spike. Just hear me out, Iβ€”β€œ

β€œWe’re not going to have this talk right now, ok?!” Spike shouted, startling Sour Sweet who was taken aback by his outburst, as well as the frightening appearance of his face shifting into some near draconic features. β€œWe’ve got a bigger problem right now! And I don’t have the time or the patience to deal with anymore of your bipolar grievances right now! So why don’t you just do us a favor and go away? Find yourself another chump to take your troubles out on? Or...ARGH, I’m starting to sound like Ember right now.”

Tears trickled down Sour’s cheek, as she reached out for the dragon, β€œI’m sorry, Spike. I really am.”

β€œWell, sorry doesn’t actually help with catching Fright. If you want to help, how about you make like a tree and leave, before you blow up again?”

No words can describe the overwhelming sadness that pierced the girl’s heart, as the pipes broke and she walked the other way.

Thorax was overly appalled, β€œSpike, aren’t you being a little too hard on her? She’s really sorry.” Thorax asked.

β€œNot now, okay Thorax?” Spike said not wanting to talk about it.

"What do you mean 'not now'? Can't you see she's hurting?!"

"I SAID NOT NOW!!!" Spike yelled.

"NO! THIS NEEDS ADDRESSED!!!" Thorax yelled back, finally having enough of Spike's attitude, "LATELY YOU'VE BEEN A TOTAL JACKASS TOWARDS HER!!! IT'S CLEAR SHE WANTS TO MAKE UP FOR WHAT SHE DID AND HOW DO YOU THANK HER??? BY SPITTING HER IN THE FACE!!!!!!!!"

Spike was taken aback by his words, "T-Thor she tried to kill me..."

"So did Bloodshot. So did those penguins at the Frozen North. So did your aunt. And so did those other crystal prep girls." Thorax retorted. "And you gave them all another chance. So why is it so hard for you to give Sour one?"

”Hey! I did gave her one! But when we went out to get to know one another, she just lashed out and made it clear she’s still not used to the issue that I’m a dragon. You weren’t there when it happened, Thorax. You didn’t see how she accused me for a pervert, or staging some events to humiliate her, when she should’ve known better.”

β€œAnd what you’re doing to her now. How is it any better? Is this what you really wanted her to see you for? A cold hearted unforgiving dragon?”

β€œI’m unforgiving?! Whatβ€”β€œ Spike shook his head in frustration. β€œI don’t need this conversation! We’ve got work to do! And if you don’t like it, you can just buzz off, or whatever!”

Thorax was appalled at what Spike just said, "Well fine! Have it your way, your "majesty"! I'm done!” The changeling said with absolute disgust. "I might as well be talking to a brick wall at this point. Good luck with your search." Just as said that, he turns into his changeling form and took off.

β€œFinally, something we can agree on,” Spike muttered to himself. But even as he said this, a pang of regret shot up in chest, and Spike’s walk came to a slow pace as he begins to have second thoughts on his earlier attitude.

"Thor wait!" Spike called out but it was too late, Thorax was already gone.


Somewhere in Bakers Street

Sour was walking down the streets, even more distraught. Everyone around her were all staring at the vast amount of paints that stained her from head to toe; they all turned to exchange whispers and gossips, commenting at the mess she was in.

But it doesn’t matter anymore for Sour. Her heart was too crushed for her to feel the will to fight anymore.

She had just arrived in a neighborhood, and was walking down the block, where trouble was waiting for her.

"Poor little thing." Said a voice.

"Who said that!" Sour demanded. She looked around to see who it was but doesn't see anyone. She sighs, "I'm probably hearing things."

As she turns to her front however, She sees Fear Haunter standing right in front of her, giving her a casual smile.

"Hello there." He said.

Sour brings out a kunai and tries to stab him with it but Fear grabs her wrist before she has the chance. He then twists it, causing her to grit her teeth in pain and drop the kunai.

"Look at you, what a sad, pathetic, little-" He was cut off when Sour headbutted him, causing him to let go of her.

Seeing Fear stammering, Sour brings out another kunai to try again. But just as she was about to do so, she suddenly starts to shake and starts to feel things like dread, fright, and anxiety. All these new found feelings were starting to flow through her and she collapses on her knees as a result.

Sour looks up to see that Fear had regained his composure and starts to snicker.

"Y-You s-s-son of a b-b-bitch!!!" She yelled, trying to keep herself together, "W-What d-did you d-d-do to me!!!!!!!!!"

"I used my powers to turn you into a blubbering wreck, it's simple really." Fear explained, Sour glares at him. "Oh don't worry, I'm not going to kill you... yet. I'm setting up a little game for the dragon freak and his merry band of whores and idiots you see, and your going to be a big part of it." Just then, a shuriken comes flying towards Fear but he manages to catch it and crush it. He turns to see the other crystal prep shadows with their weapons ready, "Well if it isn't the rest of the dragon's ninja cheerleading squad."

"We're only gonna say this once freak. Step away from our friend." Sugarcoat warned.

"I'm afraid I can't do that." Fear said, "I have plans for your friend here, so if you four would kindly piss off, that would be great."

"We warned you!" Indigo yelled as she charged towards him.

Fear was unfazed by this, he just smiles and brings out the crystal rod. Within seconds, Indigo's mark on her wrist starts glowing and clutches it pain. The girls looked on with horror as a purple glow began to cover her, first starting with her mark and spreading to the rest of her body. Indigo lets out a scream until there was a big flash of light and then she was gone.

"Indy...." Sour said weakly.

"Oh my god...." Sunny Flare muttered

"You monster!!!" Lemon yelled, "Where did you send her?!?!"

"Why don't you find out?" Fear said with a grin as he points the crystal towards them. They went through the same process Indigo did and with a flash, they were gone.

After that Bone appeared, "You know we could have used them as well." He said.

Fear just shrugged, "We only need the crazy one. The others would have been dead weight. Now then, lets get going, we got what we came for and it's time to make the final preparations."

Bone nodded at this. He then walks over to Sour, "Get your ass up." He growled as he grabs her arm and forces her up.

"Girls." Was all Sour said as she was carried away.


Meanwhile

Spike was sitting on a park bench after his falling out with Thorax, taking in of what he just said, "How did it came to this?" He asked himself, "How did I became the bad guy in this situation?" Just then, his phone rang. He looks to see who it is and is surprised to see that it's Sunny Flare, so he answers it, "Hello?"

"Spike, Fear has Sour!" Sunny yelled through her phone.

"What?!?! How did this happen?! Wait a minute, where are you girls right now?" He asked.

"We're in Kansas." Sugarcoat answered, Sunny put her phone on speaker apparently.

"What are-"

"Fear brought us here with his crystal thingy genius."

"Right..." Spike said, "So...back to Fear having Sour? Do you know where he took her?"

"No we don't." Sunny glumly answered.

"But we did catch them in Bakers st," Indigo explained, "Maybe you could head over there and use that dragon nose of yours to get some clues."

"Alright, I'll head over there. Are you girls gonna be okay?" Spike asked.

"Despite Lemon getting her legs stuck in a pit, we'll be fine." Sugarcoat answered.

"Just focus on saving Sour okay?" Sunny said, "I know you two haven't been on the best of terms lately but if anyone could save her, it's you."

Spike thought about it for a moment, thinking back the words Thorax said to him. he then lets out a long sigh and says, "Alright, just leave it to me."

"Thanks Spike. We're counting on you." Sunny said as she hang up.

Just as Spike was about to head off to Bakers Street, his phone went off once again. When he saw who was, it was a private number so he doesn't know who it is. Hesitant at first, Spike finally answered the phone, "Hello?"

"Hello, 'Dragon Prince'."

"Fear!!!" Spike yelled, "What did you do to Sour?!"

"Oh, why would you care?" Fear scoffed, "With the way you've been treating her lately and all. I'm actually a littlesurprised you asked."

"Answer. The. Question." Spike growled.

"Relax, she's fine. For now." Fear answered.

"What are you playing at now Fear?" Spike demanded, he could here Fear's dark chuckles.

"I'm giving you a chance save one of your girlfriends." Fear said. "You can bring as many of your cheerleaders and idiot friends as you like. You will soon see that no matter the number, no matter the odds you have in your favor, it won't do you nothing to stop the inevitable. When the dawn comes, when New York lies in ruin and we'll perpetuate our presence on the face of the Magical Realm and the worlds beyond, the legend of the Dragonfire will be worth nothing at all."

"Who's this "we" Fear?" Spike asked. "I know your not just talking about you and your brother."

"Oh, but that's just it my poor, naive firebreather," Fear said, "That's something for me to know and for you to find out!"

"Why are you doing all of this?" Spike glowered. "To me? To the people? Everyone? What's there to be gained?"

"I have waited for this night. Yearned for it. When I'm finished, the world will be forever changed. And your downfall will be proof of that. I will prove to the worlds that your allies cannot help you tonight. I will be the end of you all."

"Sounds like to me you need to get a hobby. But if it means saving Sour, I'll take on whatever challenge you have."

Fear could only scoff and chuckled, "You can't be the big hero forever, dragon freak. Fear makes you predictable. I am in complete control."

"We'll see about that. Where is Sour?"

"Oh don't worry, she safe here, with us." Fear answered. "As a matter of fact, why don't your little turkey show you. Bone, remove the collar."

"Wait, what!-" Just then, Spike's eyes glowed green and he could see a dark room through Peewee's eyes, who in turn seems to be strap to a table and is trying to get out. On the left, he sees Bone holding a small inhibitor collar while waving with a grin. And on the right, he sees Sour tied to a chair with Fear standing next to her, still holding the phone. Spike also notices that Sour was trembling with tears running down her face. Just then, Fear approaches Peewee, brings out a black bowie knife, and stabs the phoenix right in the chest with it. "NO! PEEWEE!!!" Spike yelled with his vision returning to normal, "YOU SONUVABITCH!!!!!!!"

"I just don't wanna make things too easy for you." Fear said, "So if you truly do care for this bipolar brat, Your more than welcome to try and rescue her. I'll even forward the address to you. Also, I do have a very important piece of advice for you: Don't. Be. Reckless." He finished as he hanged up.

Spike was shocked at what he just wittnesed until his phone buzzed. Snapping out of his stupor, he looks to see the address on the phone.

Spike then decided to make a few phone calls. He calls Twilight first and when she answered, he says,"Twi, your not gonna believe what just happened..."


Meanwhile in a dimly let mansion, Fear was walking to the center of the main lobby of the place. He was carrying a cage with a lifeless Peewee inside it, the bowie knife still in his chest.

He places the cage on a pedestal and turns to take his leave. With an evil smile, he says, "Let the games begins..." He then lets out a cruel laugh as the walls begin to shift.

PreviousChapters Next