• Published 11th Jan 2017
  • 17,038 Views, 792 Comments

Dragonfire 🐲 Enter The Dragon Hero 🐲 - Phantom-Dragon



Born in the Year of the Dragon, gifted with a powerful magic called the Dragonfire, Spike Draco fights the forces of evils that threatens to destroy the worlds of his friends and family.

  • ...
25
 792
 17,038

PreviousChapters Next
Welcome to Equestria

At first, Spike could see nothing but an endless sea of cloud. But after Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy helped clear the clouds, Spike marveled at the scene before him. Pass the clouds, and beyond the mountains that surround him, was the beautiful land, he's been seeing in his dreams.

"I'm home," Spike smiled, close to the brink of tears.

"Don't cry just yet, Sugarcube," Applejack comforted. "We've got a surprise for you."

With that, Twilight focuses her magic, and they were all gone in a flash of light.


Soon, they were all in Ponyville, where, as Pinkie Pie had promised, Spike's Welcome Back Party is being held.

"Ah," Applejack said happily, breathing in the town's atmosphere. "Home sweet home."

"Yeah," Sweetie Belle said glumly. "Sweet home."

"Wow," Spike said, looking around to see the whole town was decorated in banners, balloons, and such for the party. "Pinkie's really out done herself."

Speaking of, the party pony herself appeared in a flash of confetti, with a wagon some sort. Before they knew it, a musical jingle was played and Pinkie started to sing.

"Wait for it," Pinkie smiled, when she came to the end of her song.

"Duck!" Rainbow cried, as she jumped on Spike from behind, just as a blast of confetti was shot from the oven, followed by cake batters from some cannons. The girls and Spike were able to evade the projectiles, but the Knights weren't so fortunate to react in time.

"Oh silly me," Pinkie giggled. "I must've put the confetti in the oven, and the cake in the confetti cannons, again," With that, the pony lets out a giggle.

Spike soon got up, and dusted himself, "Bloody Tartarus!" a random pony cried. "IT'S SPIKE DRACOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

"SPIIIIIIKKEEE!!" many more ponies shouted together.

"BWAH!!" Spike screamed, before he patted his chest again.

"Welcome back home to Ponyville, Spike!!" Pinkie cheered.

"Great whickering stallions!" a brown earth stallion smiled, as he went over to shake hands and hooves with Spike. "Welcome back young prince! Welcome back!"

"Hey! What's up doc?" Spike replied to the stallion.

"Thank the ancestors, young prince!" an elderly mare smiled. "I can't tell you how please I am to finally meet you at last!"

Soon, a lot of ponies all crowded around the young prince, all exchanging their welcomes and greetings.


After the whole welcome was in order, the party began. Courtesy of Pinkie Pie, many of the ponies all danced around town, in lion costumes, as they did the lion dance. Furthermore, some unicorns performed the dragon dance, with long dragon puppets. Spike even joined in the performances, with some unicorns, who were skilled pyrokinesists, as they conjured flaming apparitions, to which the boy would dance with, in human, dog, and dragon forms. Though, a certain unicorn performer, in particular, was putting a lot of passions to entertain Spike, with a firework that changed itself into a huge dragon.

Afterwards, Spike was given a tour, just to get himself familiarized with the town, as well as getting some updates.

Sunset Shimmer, in the meantime, was getting her name cleared by some officials, with Rarity and Button Mash for support, and Sweetie Belle giving the full confessions. After the records were set straight, the proper punishment, for withholding valuable evidences, was given to Sweetie Belle, as she was sentenced to a series of community services around town, along with scrolls she will be writing to Princess Celestia, all which the young mare, willingly, accepted. Afterwards, Rarity and Sunset were free to return to the group, while Button Mash stayed behind to watch over Sweetie.

The rest of the Knights in the meantime, went to check the place out, with Scootaloo as their guide. Fleur, Lyra, Bon Bon, together with Moon Dancer, Minuette, Lemon Hearts, and Twinkleshines went off to join the festivity with the other ponies.


Sweet Apple Acres

"Wow," Spike gasped, as he looked across the acres. "This whole place looks bigger the last time I was here."

Applejack chuckled, "Darn tootin. A lot has happened since ya left. Business booming, land expanding. Why, I thought for sure Sweet Apple Acres was growing faster than little Apple Bloom herself was growing."

"Really?" Spike asked.

Just then, a dog was passing by, before it took notice of the gang. Upon seeing Spike, the dog's tail wagged as it ran over, and pounced on the boy, and gave him several licks.

"Winona?" Spike spluttered, as the dog continues to kiss him.

"Well looky there," Applejack chuckled. "Looks like Winona still remembers you after all this time."

"So I noticed," Spike replied, as Winona continues her licking. "Okay, okay, Winona. I'm happy to see you too."

Girls kept on giggling, until another voice called out, "Winona! Here girl!" emerging from the trees, was a young mare, around Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo's age, with pale, light grayish olive coat, brilliant gamboge eyes, brilliant amaranth mane and tail, with a light, crimson bow in her hair.

Upon seeing Applejack and the girls, the mare let out a delighted squeal, "Applejack!"

"Apple Bloom!" Applejack shouted in equal delight, as the two mares shared a loving hug. "Good to see you again, sis," Then, joining the two sisters, was a huge red stallion, with scruffy orange mane and tail, a huge rusty yolk around his neck, and big green apple marks on his flanks. He's, of course, Big Mac, in pony form, "Big Macintosh!"

"Howdy Applejack," Big Mac greeted, before he, and Apple Bloom, took notice of Spike.

"SPIKE!!" Apple Bloom shouted in glee, as she too ran over and embraced the boy.

"Hey Apple Bloom," Spike greeted, returning the embrace. "So good to see you again."

"You and me both!" Apple Bloom smiled.

Spike soon took notice of the mare's flanks, "Hey! You got your cutie marks!"

"Oh yeah," Apple Bloom smiled, showing the said marks. In appearance, it resembles a shield of pink, lavender, and violet, with the emblem of an apple and a heart. "Would you believe it? I finally got my cutie mark, seven years ago, with Scootaloo, and Sweetie Belle!"

"It's true," Applejack smiled. "They've really come a long way sugarcube. You should've seen it."

"Eeyup," Big Mac agreed, catching Spike's attention.

"Hey Big Mac!" Spike greeted. "Thanks again for lending some extra hooves in saving me during my metamorphosis back on Earth," Spike smiled. "So, how've you been?" Spike asked. "Doing good?"

"Eeyup."

"Busy?"

"Eeyup."

"Granny Smith doing well?"

"Eeyup."

"......Anything unusual happened to ya?"

"Nope."

"You have to understand Big Mac, sugarcube," Applejack began on her brother's behalf. "He's not much of a talker, nowadays."

"Nope."

"Really?" Spike asked, to which Big Mac nodded in reply. "That's funny. Last time we met, you were quite the chatterbox."

"Guilty," Big Mac chuckled. "Until I learned to talk less and listen more."

"Really?" Spike asked, to which Big Mac answered with his usual answer. "When did that happened?"

"Oh, about the same time when Applejack told a lie once," Big Mac smirked.

"What?!" Spike exclaimed, looking at Applejack, who was blushing up a storm. "Applejack? Lie? C'mon, Big Mac. You gotta be pulling my legs."

"Nope."

Apple Bloom let out a giggle, "Just ask my sister, Spike!" she insisted.

"Applejack?" Spike began. "Did you really?"

Applejack hesitated, as she failed to find the words, "Come on, Applejack," Rainbow nudged her shoulders. "Tell the truth!~"

Breathing a sigh of defeat, Applejack answered, "It's true."

Spike gasped, "What happened?"

"Well," Applejack chuckled. "It's a long story."

"I've got time."


Later, in Ponyville, Spike, the girls, joined by the apple siblings, were at a place called Sugarcube Corner, laughing as the story was unfold with Spike.

"I can't believe you did that!" Spike laughed. "You of all ponies, would tell a lie, about Granny Smith being sick?"

"Not only that, but you all ended up in the hospital?" Rarity asked.

"I can't believe Big Mac was that close to getting his leg chopped off," Rainbow laughed.

After the laugh subsided, Spike continued, "But seriously, I can't believe you told all those lies!"

"Well, it ain't exactly a story I'm most proud of," Applejack replied. "But it did taught me a valuable lesson about being honest. Plus, it did taught Apple Bloom and a lot of other ponies a valuable lesson."

"Sure did," Apple Bloom replied. "I learned that no pony's perfect, and you've got to make a few mistakes to find out who you are."

"Eeyup."

"Got to make a few mistakes to find out who you are," Spike repeated to himself.

"Something wrong, Spike?" Twilight asked, taking notice.

"Huh?" Spike replied. "No, I'm fine. Just sounded like something.......something mom once told me," the boy answered glumly at the last part.

The ponies took notice of the boy's change in moods. Before they could do anything, Pinkie Pie arrived, "Here's your order Spike~"

"Oh, thanks PinkIEEE!!!" Spike yelped at the last part, falling out of his chair, and fell to the floor, knocking himself out. Pinkie stood before the ponies, in anthro form, wearing nothing but an apron.

"PINKIE!!" the girls exclaimed, while Big Mac went over to help Spike up.

"What?" Pinkie replied casually.

"Pinkie, what in Equestria possessed you to do such a thing?" Rarity scolded. "Unbecoming of a lady!"

"And on top of that, we're in public!" Applejack added.

"Well, you're one to talk," Pinkie countered. "Besides, you said," With that, Pinkie changes her mane style to match Applejack's, complete with another stetson hat she stashed in her apron. "We don't normally wear clothes," she said in Applejack's voice.

"I meant when we're still ponies," Applejack replied.

"Well technically, even in this form, we're still considered ponies."

"But not in front of humans, like Spike!"

"Spike is partially human. Besides, you did tell a lie once, so how can I be sure you weren't kidding about the whole clothes thing?"

Applejack was at a loss of words, "Touché."

"But seriously Pinkie," Twilight began. "Can you please just put some clothes on? Or at least, turn back in pony form? What do you think Celestia would say if she sees you doing that to her son?"

"Aw, do I have to?" Pinkie pouted.

"YES!!" the girls replied.

"OW!!" Spike yelled, clutching his forehead as he woke up.

"Oh, we're so sorry!" Fluttershy exclaimed. "Too loud for you?"

"I'm fine," Spike replied, before he took a look at Pinkie Pie, who quickly changed back into a normal pony. "Um, wasn't Pinkie....."

"I was what?" Pinkie asked, acting oblivious.

"Um.....nevermind," Spike replied, not wanting to make things awkward.


Later, the friends were back out in Ponyville, resuming to enjoy the festivity of the party. However, Spike continues to get mobbed by the ponies, mostly girls, asking for his autographs, as well as asking him if he's available. Luckily, Spike and his friends were able to provide some quick getaway.

"Boy, that was close," Spike breathed a sigh of relief, while in the form of a dog.

"I know," Fluttershy replied in equal fright.

"WWWWWHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!" some screams were heard, before it revealed itself to be Tender Taps and Pipsqueak, running and laughing, around town, at high speed.

"What's got into those two?" Spike asked.

Just then, the rest of the knights, followed by Scootaloo, and a light brilliant gamboge stallion, with a yellow shirt, dark brown mane and tail, and a grilled cheese sandwich, appearing as an accordion, for a cutie mark, arrived.

"Man, how many sugar did you put in that lollipop Cheese?" Rumble panted.

"Just enough for them to run over a whole mountain," the stallion replied.

"Guys!" Spike called.

"Oh, hey Spike!" Rumble greeted.

"What happened back there?" the dog asked.

"Long story short," Feather began. "Cheese Sandwich here-"

"Yellow," the said stallion greeted.

"Created a giant Strawberry Lollipop! Tender Taps and Pipsqueak both ate it, and are on a sugar hype!"

"Omigosh!" Twilight exclaimed. "A giant Strawberry Lollipop?!!" the alicorn scrunched up her face, with her eyes lit up, "It's a dream come true!" The alicorn then grabbed Cheese Sandwich by the collar of his shirt, as she asked, "You wouldn't happen to have anymore around, do you?"

"Uh, Twilight," Rainbow began. "You do know that too much lollipop, won't do you good for your figure, right?"

"Oh, but they're sooooo yum!" Twilight whined.

"Maybe some other times, Princess Twilight," Cheese Sandwich replied. "But for now-"

"COME BACK HERE YOU GUYS!!!" Rumble called, as he and the rest of the knights resume chasing after their sugar hyped friends.

The next thing the gang heard, was the sound of explosion, and screams:

"My cart!"

"My cabbages!"

"My leg!"

"My pants!"


Meanwhile, Outside of Ponyville

Fleur-De-Lis was meeting with some royal guards, Shining Armor, and Scorpan, with a huge chariot, guarded by the guards. The guards soon parted, as they all gave their salutes, making way for three figures.

Fleur bowed her head, "Greetings, your highnesses," the unicorn greeted respectively. "Any troubles, getting here?"

"No trouble at all, Fleur," Princess Celestia replied solemnly, before she took notice of the ruckus going on in Ponyville. "Though, it appears my little ponies are quite excited for my visit."

"Oh, you know," Fleur began, fidgeting slightly. "It's the same. Every pony in Equestria, just can't get enough of their favorite Princess Celestia," Prince Blueblood cleared his throats, loudly. "And their Prince Blueblood," Fleur grumbled.

Prince Blueblood smirked, as he pointed his noise up in the air, while the pink alicorn rolled her eyes in annoyance.

"I'm flattered of the compliment, Fleur," Celestia smiled, just a little. "But I'm afraid I can only spare a few minutes or so, before I return to Canterlot."

"Of course, your highness," Fleur bowed her head as the alicorn walked away. Looking to her right, Scorpan gave her a thumbs up, while Shining Armor and the pink alicorn both smiled, with glee.


Back in Ponyville

"So that's Canterlot," Spike said, as he marveled the city from a distance, sitting on a puff of clouds, in dragon form. "So close, yet so far." He sighed, longingly, reaching his claw out for it.

"It'll be okay, Spike," Rainbow said, comforting the dragon. "You'll see Princess Celestia again, before you know it."

"I know," Spike sighed.

"In the meantime, let's continue our trip down memory lane," Rainbow dash suggested.

"Alright," Spike replied, as he changes back in human form, did an ariel flip, before he landed perfectly on the ground. A lot of ponies saw his performance, and all gasped in awe, before they stomped their hooves to the ground in applause.

"Do you really have to be so dramatic?" Rainbow asked, with a smirk.

"Ask the pegasus who's awesome as she wants to be," Spike replied.

Rainbow shook her head, smiling in amusement, while some mares nearby watched, bedazzled at the boy's move.

"So, where's the Golden Oak Library?" Spike asked, looking around for the said library. "I've had so much memories there. In fact, we've all had great memories there, and I'd like to relive some of them."

Twilight frowned, "Actually about that...."


After an hour of telling the story, while standing in a huge crater, of where the library once stood, Spike was shocked to hear what happened, during his absent.

"And that's how the library got destroyed!" Pinkie ended.

"Gee, I'm sorry I asked, Twi," Spike apologized, scratching the back of his head.

"It's okay, Spike," Twilight replied. "You didn't know."

"So where do you sleep now?" the dragon asked.


Friendship Castle

"Wow," Spike marveled at the castle before him.

In appearance, the castle almost resembled a tree, made up of crystals, with a castle being held by the branches at the top, with Twilight's symbol at the top.

"Yeah, wow," Pinkie repeated, before she grabbed Spike by the hand. "And wait till you see the inside!" With that, Spike finds himself being given the ground tour of the castle, from the bottom to the top.

"This is the kitchen!" Pinkie explained. "This is the bathroom! This is the library! This is the recreational room! This is the living room! This is the throne room! Or friendship headquarters as I call it! This is Twilight's bedroom! And this is the guest room! Guest room number 2! Guest room number 3!"

*Several more guest rooms later*

"And guest room......whose number escaped me!" Pinkie finished, as she and the girls both tried to catch their breath.

"Wow, Twilight," Spike began. "Your castle is a lot bigger than it looks on the outside."

"Well, as they say," Twilight began. "Don't judge a book by its cover," the alicorn let out a light giggle at her own joke.

Just then, Spike felt something coming up in his throat, before he lets out a loud burp of green fire, and a scroll appeared, "Whoa!" he gasped, before he looked at the girls. "Twilight! I swear! I didn't eat it! I don't remember eating scrolls!"

Twilight and Sunset giggled, as she levitated the scroll, "Spike, it's okay. It's part of your powers."

"Yeah, remember fire transportation?" Sunset asked.

"Oh, yeah," Spike replied, before he turned his attention to the scroll. "So, what does it say?" Twilight opened up the scroll, as she read its content. She and the girls all gasped, before they all started to fidget. "Girls?" Spike asked. "What's wrong?"


Elsewhere in the castle, a pale, light grayish heliotrope unicorn was walking through the castle halls, carrying some books and scrolls in her saddlebags, and a book levitated in front of her, when the girls came running past, dragging Spike behind, startling the unicorn out of her concentration, causing all of the contents in her saddle bags to fly out, along with her book.

Spike, hearing her cry of distress, came running back at high speed, as he caught all of her books, and scrolls, before he hands them back.

"Oh, thank you," the unicorn smiled, before she gasped, "Spike?!" she smiled even more widely.

The first thing that came to Spike's mind, when he noticed the unicorn's eyes, was the girl, holding the staff, from his dreams. Before Spike could reply, Rainbow Dash came, and dragged him away. The unicorn, shaking out of her daze, quickly followed.


Meanwhile

Tender Taps and Pipsqueak, were laughing and running, inside a mulberry magic bubble, courtesy of a dark unicorn, wearing a black fedora, and a long black robe. Next to the unicorn, were Button Mash, Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, and the rest of the Knights, and a donkey, holding his hooves over his long ears, is Cranky Doodle Donkey.

"Ugh, when are these sugars going to wear off?" Cranky asked, before the boys passed out, much to his relief. Once the task was done, both the unicorn and the donkey were on their way.

"Whoa, what happened to us?" Tenders asked, shaking his head.

Before their friends could reply, the sound of trumpets was heard. Everybody all turned their heads in the direction of the trumpet, as an orange pegasus, in gold armor came out, and announced, "Announcing the arrival, of the fair and beloved ruler of Equestria, Princess Celestia!" the guard announced, as the alicorn came into view, with her wings held out, as the ponies all bowed their heads in respect. The boys quickly followed suit.

The guard then felt a tug at his wing, as he looked back to see an irked Prince Blueblood.

"And the handsome Prince-" the guard was interrupted, as Prince Blueblood levitated him close, and whispered something in his ear. Annoyed, the guard cleared his throat, as he begrudgingly announced, "The handsome, suave, talented, courageous, and beloved, Prince Blublood," the guard looked ready to puke at the last part.

Prince Blueblood smiled, smugly, as he waved his hoof in the air. But nobody said anything, much to his irk.

"Well, I never!" Prince Blueblood huffed, as he walks away.

"Who's that guy?" Button asked, Sweetie Belle.

"That's Vlad Blueblood!" some random pony whispered to the boy. "He's evil!"

"I heard that!" Prince Blueblood shouted, causing the pony to run away in fear. "And that's Prince Vlad Blueblood to you!"

Princess Celestia, along with the pink alicorn, rolled their eyes, in annoyance. Just then, Celestia took notice of the Knights. Button, who took the chance to look up, quickly darted his head back to the ground. Out of curiosity, Princess Celestia, and the alicorn, walked up to the boys, who were all shaking in fear.

"Stay calm, boys," Button whispered. "She can sense fear."

"Please, no need to be afraid," Princess Celestia said.

"Apparently, she can hear you talking to us," Rumble muttered.

"It's okay," the pink alicorn insisted. "Please, stand up."

With that, the boys quickly got up to their feet, and saluted to the princesses, like trained soldiers, "Yes ma'm!" the boys shouted.

"My, you're all quite the enthusiastic bunch," Princess Celestia commented. Just then, Scorpan arrived.

"Ah, boys," Scorpan greeted. "So good to see you here."

"Yo, Master Scorpan!" the boys greeted, as they bowed before the gargoyle.

"Wait, Scorpan," Celestia began. "You know these five?"

"But of course," Scorpan smiled proudly. "I trained them myself."

"You trained them?" Celestia looked at the gargoyle, curiously. "For what?"

"For protecting of course!" Button answered enthusiastically. "We're Spike's friends! And we serve to protect, and fight beside him!" The boys all voiced their agreements, which got Blueblood and Celestia's attention.

"Spike's friends?" Princess Celestia asked. "You know my-"

"Boys!!!" Twilight called, as she, the girls, the apple siblings, Spike, and their newcomer arrived.

"Hello girls! Hi Spike!" the boys greeted their buddies. "Where've you been?"

Before Spike could answer, he looked up, and stopped, dead in his track, Celestia doing the same. Soon, the whole town ceased their festivity, as they watched in anticipation. At first, Spike and Celestia were speechless, as they stared at each other, both looking as if they've just seen a ghost.

Finally, Celestia made the first move, as she stepped forward, "Spike?!" She asked breathlessly.

"Mom?!" Spike asked in equal shock, eyes welling up with tears.

"SPIIIIKEEE!!" Celestia exclaimed tearfully, galloping towards the boy.

"MOMMY!!" Spike happily shouted, running and jumping onto the alicorn, arms around her neck, holding her tight, while the alicorn returned the embrace with her wings and leg, and she spun herself and her boy in a twirl. "I've missed you so much!!" Spike cried.

"I've missed you too, my little dragon!!!" Celestia cried, before she took another look at her son. "Look at you! Look how much you've grown! You're so big!"

"Guess I'm not your little dragon anymore, huh?"

"No," Celestia smiled tearfully. "But you'll always be my little sunshine."

With that, mother and sun embraced together again, while everyone around them looked on, touched by the scene. Well, all except for Prince Blueblood, obviously.

[The Wanted - Glad You Came]

"Oh, mom! We've got so much to catch up on!" Spike said, as he looked back at his adopted mother.

"I'd like that," Celestia smiled, before she turned to the boys. "But first, why don't you introduce me your friends here."

"Oh, right!" With that, Spike complied, "Mom, Button Mash, Rumble, Tender Taps, Featherweight, and Pipsqueak! Pipsqueak, Featherweight, Tender Taps, Rumble, Button Mash, mom!"

"Your majesty!" Button Mash said, as he bowed before the princess. "I gravel at your feet!" With that, Button kissed Celestia's hooves.

"Nice to meet you," Princess Celestia replied, while feeling a little bit embarrassed.

"Button!" Rumble began. "It's not gravel, it's grovel! And it's hooves! Not feet!"

"Well technically, hooves is the same as feet for animals like ponies, right?"

Spike shook his head, feeling slightly embarrassed, "Sorry about Button, mom," Spike explained, on his friend's behalf. "He's quite the enthusiast when it comes to meeting royalty." He chuckled at the last part.

"It's quite alright, Spike," Celestia replied, before she looked at the boys. "I'm just glad that my son has faithful friends like you boys."

"No problem, your majesty," Button replied, as he and the boys bowed their heads.

"Twilight!" the pink alicorn shouted, as she ran up to the said alicorn.

"Cadence!" Twilight exclaimed.

The boys, and Celestia, looked to see the two alicorns embracing each other, as they chanted, "Sunshine! Sunshine! Ladybugs awake! Clap your hooves and do a little shake!" The two alicorns laughed, before they noticed the looks they were getting.

"Cadence?" Button asked. "Wait, wait, hold on a second!" Button said, catching the two alicorn's attention. "Cadence? As in, Crystal Prep's Dean Cadence?"

Princess Cadence laughed, "Surprised?" the alicorn asked, before she noticed Spike. "Oh, Spike! Lovely to see you again!"

"Likewise, Cousin Cadence," Spike smiled. "I'm surprised that Crystal Prep's Dean, is actually from Equestria, and on top of that, my favorite cousin!"

Princess Cadence smiled, before Princess Celestia came over, before the group, "Girls, and boys, I'd like to say thank you," the sun princess thanked. "For everything. If not for all of you, then I'd never get to see my son again."

"Actually, your highness," Applejack began. "I think we should be thanking you."

"Oh? How come?"

"Well, honestly, the fact that you let us go off to Earth, to find and help Spike, you've actually helped him reconnect with us, and his powers!"

"Applejack's right," Spike replied. "And it's thanks to them, that I've unlocked my power to its potential! Watch!" With that, Spike concentrated into his powers, to reveal his new dragon form. Princess Celestia, Cadence, Blueblood, and some of the guards, could hardly believe her eyes.

"You-You've actually done it!" the princess smiled proudly at her son.

"I know!" Spike replied, while stroking his whiskers, "Though, no one told me that I would get some caterpillar lips."

"I think they look quite fetching on you," Rarity smiled, which got Blueblood even more irked.

"You're just saying that Rarity."

"Oh no, I mean it," Rarity smiled, as she stroke one of his whiskers close. "It really compliments your heroic stature."

"I'd second that!" Dash added, as the girls all soon followed in agreement.

"The girls are right Spike," Button added. "They make you look super! Like Super Mario!"

As the ponies all gathered around and complimented the dragon's newfound transformation, Prince Blueblood looked on in jealousy, "Where can I get me a mustache?" he grumbled to himself.

Princess Celestia smiled, even more brightly, and even more proudly at her son's accomplishment. Then, she noticed that the ponies haven't resumed the festivity.

"Come on every pony!" Celestia shouted. "The day's still young! Let's party!" With a whoop from the princess herself, the ponies all let out another cheer, as they resumed the festivity.


[Friends Are Always There For You]

As the party went underway, numerous activities occurred. Spike got acquainted with the pony he met earlier, who revealed herself to be Starlight Glimmer, and like Sunset Shimmer, was a former Shadowbolt who turned over a new leaf, after she witnessed Spike's selfless action to save Princess Celestia's life. Though, doubtful at trusting her, Spike sensed a good vibe from the unicorn, along with learning all of the good deeds she performed to prove her reformation. However, one such deed stood out to him the most, mainly because it involves Starlight Glimmer going back in time, attempting to save Spike's life, resulting in several outcomes that didn't work out in her favor, for some reasons unknown.

"No way!" Spike exclaimed, looking around his surroundings. "So, which reality is this then?"

"Just the same, unaltered reality," Starlight replied, with a chuckled. "One in which, you were struck by Somnambula, and one where I was once a Shadowbolt," the unicorn said, despondently.

Meanwhile, the boys continued their party going, while staying clear of Strawberry Lollipops, this time. Button Mash was at a shop, with Sweetie Belle, purchasing some packs of chocolate, each with a card of famous ponies and magical creatures. Sweetie Belle was on breaks anyway.

Rumble, meanwhile, with Scootaloo, was showing off some skateboard, and scooter tricks, to some ponies.

Tender Taps, while doing some dance steps, by chance, got acquainted with Apple Bloom.

Pipsqueak and Featherweight in the meantime, walked around, taking pictures of the town.

"Wow," Pipsqueak said. "The boys back home will never believe this!"

"I'm right here," Featherweight said, as he took a few more snapshots. "And I don't believe it!"

Meanwhile, Prince Blueblood tries to win some of the mares' hearts, with a fake mustache he had purchased from a nearby costume store.

"How you like me now?" the prince sang, while trying his best to dance, to impress, which failed miserably, as the mares could only laugh at him, along with some other stallions. Irked, Blueblood threw the mustache away, which landed on Button Mash's lip.

"Wow, Button Mash," Sweetie Belle smiled. "You really do look super with a mustache."

"I told you so," Button smirked.

Just then, a dance music was heard, which got Spike's feet moving.

"Dance with me mom," Spike beckons.

"Oh, I don't know Spike," Celestia blushed. "I haven't danced in years and....."

"C'mon mom," Spike beckoned. "Dance like you know you can."

Celestia looked around to see the ponies cheering for her on the dance floor. With a smile and a chance to be with her son again, Celestia complied as she got out, dancing and singing together with her son.

During their show, Princess Celestia's horn glows, and she was engulfed in an blinding flash of light, before she appeared in human form.

"Wow!" Spike gasped.

The boys, stallions and colts included, dropped their jaws. Celestia stood before them, in a long flowing white dress, with wrapped off-the-shoulder sleeves, a gold belt tied at the waist, adorn with her cutie mark at the front, opera gloves that matched her dress, a skirt with a slight slit on the right to allow more movements, and gold slippers.

After the transformation was finished, mother and son both danced together, hands in hands. Soon, Spike called out for the rest of the girls, and they too got out, and danced. The girls complied, while changing into their human forms, as they danced together with Spike, and Princess Celestia.

Button Mash then turned to Sweetie Belle, "May I have this dance, m'lady?" he asked.

Sweetie Belle giggled as she changes in her human form, and accepted his hands, "You may."

Soon, Rumble followed as he too got out and danced with Scootaloo. Tender Taps and Apple Bloom soon got out, though they had some troubles, since Apple Bloom hadn't fully learn the skill to assume human form. Featherweight and Pipsqueak in the meantime, stacked on top of each other, while wearing a huge overcoat to make themselves looked taller, as they shared a dance with two pegasi sisters named, Cloudchaser and Flitter.

Prince Blueblood, was trying to have a dance with Fleur, only for the unicorn warrior, to jinx him with a curse that made his legs to collapse. Later, Prince Blueblood tried to have a dance with Princess Cadence, only for the alicorn to cast a love spell on the prince, that made him fall for another pony. By the time, Prince Blueblood came to his senses, a scream was heard, "WHOA NELLY!"


Later

"It's time to go now, your majesty," Kibitz, a mustached unicorn, and Princess Celestia's advisor, said.

"Aw? Do you have to go now?" Spike whined. "I just got to see you, again after ten years!"

"I'm sorry, sweetheart," Celestia replied. "But duty calls."

Knowing he can't argue with that, Spike nodded, "Okay," the young prince watched as his adopted mother takes her leave. "Good-bye mom."

Celestia stopped, as she turned to look at her son, "This isn't a good-bye, Spike," Celestia smiled. "This is a see ya later, alligator." Celestia winked.

Spike smiled, "After a while, crocodile." Celestia turned and was about to walk back to her chariot, when Spike quickly catches up, tackling his mother, and hugged her. "I love you mom."

"I love you too, Spike," Celestia smiled, returning the embrace.


[Jackie Chan & Kim Hee Seon - Endless Love]

Spike was later sitting on a tuft of cloud, watching the sun setting over the horizon.

The young dragon kicked back as he enjoys the beauty of the sunset, when his ear perked up to the sound of wings beating. Turning to his right, he smiled to see Twilight joining him.

"Hey Twilight," Spike greeted.

"Hi Spike," Twilight greeted, before she took a seat besides him. "Beautiful, isn't it?"

Spike nodded, "Yeah, it is," the young dragon turns his head from side to side, seeing the land of Equestria, as far as his eyes can see. "Although, it's still too hard to believe I'm really here. To come back home from Earth, after ten years! It's like a dream come true."

Twilight turned to Spike, "Speaking of home," she began. "Why didn't you go back?"

"Pardon?"

"Why didn't you go back to Canterlot?" Twilight asked, more clearly. "I mean, for many weeks now, since you've started getting your memories back, you've been longing for Princess Celestia for quite some time. And now that we're back, you could've gone home to Canterlot with her. And yet, you stayed," Twilight looked back up at Spike again, as she asks, "All I'm asking you is why?"

Spike stroke his new whiskers, before he replies, "Because it feels like home with you and everyone here," Twilight's eyes widened with surprise. "Uh, sorry if it sounded weird, I-"

"No, no," Twilight reassured. "It's okay. In fact, I'd like to hear more, if you please."

Spike complied as he continues, "It's not that I prefer Ponyville over Canterlot. I mean, yes I'd be more closer to mom, in Canterlot," Twilight nodded in acknowledgement. "But Ponyville's my home as well, just as New York is when I was still living and training with Uncle Scorpan. Mainly because, they're also the homes of my friends," Twilight smiled, as she placed a hoof over her heart, "I think I'd like to stay awhile, if that's okay."

Twilight's eyes were watered with tears, "I'd like that too," she said, as she pulled Spike in a loving embrace. "Because then I don't have to feel alone again, knowing my Number One Assistant is really here, and for real."

Spike smiled, as he nuzzled his head in Twilight's mane, as well as draping a wing over the alicorn, "Don't worry Twi. For you and everyone else, I'm not going anywhere soon."

"I love you, Spike," Twilight smiled, as she tightens the embrace, holding Spike close, not wanting to let him go.

"I love you too, Twi," Spike replied, as he returns the embrace, and melts into the wave of memories it brought. In truth, it made him feel as if he was a kid again, hugging a younger Twilight.

Soon, the two broke apart, "Come on, let's head back," Twilight said. "There's still approximately twenty minutes left before the party ends."

Spike smirked as he followed Twilight back to Ponyville, "Whatever you say Twi," he replied.

Author's Note:

I would've liked this if it was published on Mother's Day. Oh well.


Oh, and the bit with Pinkie Pie. I blame this Pia-sama for this.

And Twilight and Strawberry Lollipops? I blame this guy!

Edit 10/21/17: After a conversation with my partner alphasteel, I figured I should add a scene to justify Spike's stay in Ponyville, instead of Canterlot.

PreviousChapters Next