• Published 11th Jan 2017
  • 17,044 Views, 792 Comments

Dragonfire 🐲 Enter The Dragon Hero 🐲 - Phantom-Dragon



Born in the Year of the Dragon, gifted with a powerful magic called the Dragonfire, Spike Draco fights the forces of evils that threatens to destroy the worlds of his friends and family.

  • ...
25
 792
 17,044

PreviousChapters Next
The Shadowbolts Strike Part 2: The Most Dangerous Game

[Jackie Chan - Drunken Master II Theme Song]

Spike was running for dear life, calling for help on his phone, "Girls, help! The Shadowbolts are after me!" Suddenly, one of the Shadowbolts had thrown a shuriken that pierced Spike’s phone out of his hand.

"Hello!" Spike exclaimed, as he kept on running, with the five girls hot on his tail. Reaching into his backpack, Spike pulls out a skateboard and quickly skateboarded away from the girls and through the crowded streets. "Out of the way!!" he shouted to the pedestrians.

"You girls, to the bikes!" Sunny commanded Sugarcoat and Indigo Zap. "Sour, roof! Lemon Zest, you're with me!"


Coney Island

While the five girls were out, dragon hunting, Somnambula, alongside Abacus Cinch, were overlooking the training of the Shadowbolts. The Three Magicians in the meantime, were busy serving their punishment. Bored out of their wits, sitting in their chairs, the Three Magicians were playing a game of Go Fish.

That is, until Goldcap snapped, "That's it! I ain't spending another hour, here in this forsaken place!" Donning on her hat, and robe, Goldcap made her way out the door.

"Goldcap!" Decepticolt called. "Where are you going?"

"What do you think?" the girl asked. "I'm going dragon hunting."

Zappityhoof and Decepticolt both look at each other in worry. Then, Zap started, "But Somnambula said-"

"Who cares?!" Goldcap shouted. "Look, if we're ever gonna get our magics back, then the least we could do is gain some favors around here." The lead girl pulled her two comrades close as she whispered, "To start, let's help those Shadowbolts catch that Dragon Prince, and they'll be begging us to work together with them!"

The two magicians pondered, before they smirked, and joined in with their leader. With that, the Three Magicians escaped Coney Island, after they stole some teleportation crystals.


CHS: Detention

Snips and Snails were sitting in a room, working on some of the homeworks they've missed, along with making up some quizzes, while Professor Flintheart was patrolling the room, reading a book, when a figure appeared in the room.

"What the-" Professor Flintheart was interrupted, when the figure fired a blast of magic at the professor, before abducting Snips and Snails and disappeared in a puff of smoke.


Meanwhile

Twilight and the girls, were racing to the rescue, "C'mon girls!" Twilight panted. "We have to save Spike! If the Shadowbolts get to him, all will be lost!"

"Don't worry Twi," Pinkie replied, bouncing to her side. "Spike's a fighter, he can handle himself," Pinkie began to have second thoughts. "At least, I hope he can when we find him."

"Then let's pick up the pace!" With that, Rainbow ran like she never ran before.

The girls hadn't gone very far, when an explosive fireball came flying and stopped them in their tracks, "What the-" Twilight exclaimed, before she and the girls dodged another flaming fireball. They looked up to see a masked figure.

In appearance, the figure wore a dark purple and black jumpsuit, with yellow lightning bolts, and armor pads on her shoulders, chest, and legs. Her mask is purple, with red flaming designs over the eye sockets, and a red-yellow blazing sun on the forehead.

"You're not going anywhere," the figure growled, as she conjures up some more fireballs in her hands.


Back with Spike

Spike kept on skateboarding through the crowded streets of New York, trying to escape from the five Shadowbolts who were after him. He looked back to see Sunny Flare and Lemon Zest, on rollerblades, catching up fast. With a frightful yelp, Spike kicked the ground even harder, picking up speed as he did so.

Sunny and Lemon were both rollerblading, jumping over tables, skillfully grinding on some fences and other building structures, as they closed in on the boy. Reaching out with her hand, Sunny made a quick lunge to grab Spike, only for the boy to screech to a stop, ducked his head down in time, as the girls flew past him. Seeing a lamppost coming up, both girls grabbed it and spun themselves around, propelling themselves back at the boy.

With kick flip, Spike soon skateboarded into the car-filled streets, avoiding the cars and trucks that were driving and honking past him. A pickup truck was passing by, when Spike quickly grabbed its rear, and pulled him away on his skateboard. Worst still, Spike looked to see Indigo and Sugar, riding on motorcycles, and catching up to him.

"We got him now!" Indigo sneered, as she puts the petal to the medal.

Spike turning back to the front, and lets out an exasperated groan to see a sudden red light. With little choice, he kicked his skateboard into the air, puts it back in his backpack, and climbs into the pickup truck, before he got onto the roof. The driver poked his head out of the window, "Yo, what're you doing? Get off!"

Spike saw a passing bus and made a leap onto it, only for Indigo to grab him by the leg.

"AAH!!" Spike screamed, almost falling to the ground, grabbed onto the ledge of the bus's roof. "Let go of me!" Spike grunted, trying to pull himself free of Indigo.

"Not gonna happen!" Indigo grunted, trying to keep a firm grip.

Meanwhile, Sour Sweet was on a building's roof, with a bow and arrow, ready and aiming for Spike. With a single release, the arrow flew, before it exploded into a net. Luckily, this didn't got unheard.

Spike surprised the girls, as his dragon tongue quickly shot out, 'First clockwise, then counter-clockwise!' he remembered, repelling the net and causing it to land on Indigo.

"Get him!" Indigo grunted. "Not me!"

"I'm trying!" Sour shouted back, pulling out another arrow.

Spike quickly got one leg up, before he fully pulls himself on top of the bus. Just then, the light turned green, and the bus started to move, causing Spike to fall back on its roof. Sour fired another arrow at Spike, who quickly rolls out of the way and jumps onto another passing car, changing into a puppy as he did so, before he made another leap and ran off. With a kick, Indigo and Sugar both got their bikes revving up, for another run after the boy.


Mane Six

Back with the girls, and their mysterious adversary, things weren't looking so well. The masked figure has proven herself, a force to be reckon with, even with the girls in their battle forms.

Rainbow flew around the figure at an intensive speed, creating a tornado, in an effort to trap the figure. But the masked adversary simply conjured an explosive fireball, so powerful that it knocked Dash off course, causing the tornado to disperse. Luckily, Pinkie Pie was able to break Rainbow Dash's fall, with a giant pillow she had pulled out of her hair.

"Thanks Pinkie," Rainbow breathed a sigh of relief.

"Anytime Dashie," Pinkie chirped, before she ducked her head, just in time to avoid another fireball.

Twilight quickly flew in, and blasted a beam of magic, catching the masked figure by surprise, "I don't know who you are, or what you want from us," Twilight growled. "But if you think you can stand between us and Spike, then you've got another thing coming!"

With that, Applejack came charging, doing a flip in the air, dodging another fireball from the figure, "Take this!!" Applejack hollered, thrusting a leg out, landing a powerful kick, knocking the figure's mask off.

The girls looked at the discarded mask for awhile, before they looked up, in shock.

"Sunset Shimmer?" the girls exclaimed.

"In the flame," the girl smirked.

"No, it can't be," Twilight gasped, trying to deny the sight. "You said you changed. You said you're no longer in cahoots with the Shadowbolts."

"Yes," Sunset replied darkly. "You girls had helped me out from the dark side. But you also forced me back!"

"But what about Spike?" Rainbow asked. "He told us you and he are friends again."

"Me? Friends with a dragon like him?" Sunset asked. "The brave and glorious Dragon Prince?" she mocked, before she laughed in a taunt. "FOOL! I cared nothing for him! All I want is his power! And once I get it from him, I'll unleash my fury, upon your friendships' magic, tenfolds!"

"Sunset," Applejack began. "We're sorry. We didn't know-I mean, we didn't mean to brush you off like that and give you the cold shoulders."

"Oh is that so?" Sunset sneered. "Then was it an accident then that you all shut me out, and banished me from Ponyville?"

"So this is it?" Twilight asked. "Simple revenge?"

"I though it would be fitting," Sunset snarled. "How the princess of friendship, and her friends, should all be destroyed by their biggest failure of all. You're so lucky, Twilight. Most of us get to live with our mistake. But you will all get to DIE by yours!!" With an evil laugh, dark auras began to surround Sunset Shimmer as she hovered in the air. "Prepare to meet your maker! And I don't mean, Lauren Faust!" In a burst of dark fire, Sunset stood, with a huge bat-like wings, with red interior structure and black exterior, long pointed ears, a flaming fox-like tail, and long sharp nails.

With a burst of speed, Sunset flew toward the girls, slashing her claws, and cutting some nearby structures, cleanly.

"Whoa!" Rainbow gulped. "She cuts them as if they were butter."

Twilight looked up at Sunset, questionable, "How did you became like this?"

"Well, after you all left me in the dust, I had nowhere to go," Sunset explained. "I took refuge in the Castle Of The Two Sisters. The Shadowbolts found me, and took me back, and through Somnambula's magic, she looked deep into my memories, seeing all the hatred and angers I've had to endure. It was only a matter of time, when she used her magic to turn those feelings, into powers. Strong dark magics that made me faster! Stronger!" To prove her point, Sunset lifted up a car, and threw it at the girls.

"Yeah, I can see that!" Rainbow said, with wide eyes.

"Sunset Shimmer," Applejack began. "We're sorry, we had no idea. But it's all over now. We captured the real crook, we've cleared your name. All that's left is for you to come home, so that we can properly set the scores right, sugarcube."

"DOES IT LOOKED LIKE I WANT TO COME HOME?!" Sunset screamed, angrily. "I WANT YOU TO SUFFER!!"

"Darling, please listen to reasons!" Rarity pleaded.

"Yeah!" Pinkie jumped in, holding a cupcake. "If you come home with us, then you can have this delicious cupcake, and an 'I'm sorry for falsely accusing you Sunset!'" Unfazed, Sunset burned the cupcake to a crisp. "Would you like to have yours with Rainbow Dash?" Pinkie asked, holding cupcake, and Rainbow Dash out in front. However, like before, Sunset burned the cupcake, and nearly singed Rainbow Dash. "Sheesh, you don't have to be such a hothead!"

With that, the angry girl continued with her assault.

"Twilight, what do we do?" Rainbow asked. "The more time we waste with Sunset, the less time Spike's probably going to have with those Shadowbolts!"

"If we can't get to Spike, then I might as well have to make some calls for help," With that, Twilight got out her phone, only for Sunset to blast it out of her hands.


Spike

"Puppy legs, don't fail me now!" Spike, still a dog, was running as fast as he could, with the Shadowbolts in hot pursuit.

Many civilians all jumped out of the way, avoiding the boy turned dog, and the girls pursuing him. Then, without warning, he was picked up by the scruff of his fur, by Sunny Flare.

"Gotcha now, little pup," Sunny smirked, before her words got eaten, when Spike changes back into a boy, and flipped the girl into the crowd of bystanders.

Then, Indigo came in, leaping off of her back, and tackled Spike from behind. Sliding beneath the girl's legs, Spike flipped the girl, who was able to land on her feet. Spinning around, Indigo sweeps her leg out, only for Spike to dodge the attack, jumping in the air, doing a flip, before he drops an ax kick, which Indigo manages to block. Both she and Spike both spun around and landed a spinning back kick to each other's shoulder.

"Wow," Spike panted, rubbing his shoulder. "And I thought you were bluffing when you said you're a black belt third degree."

"Feeling's mutual," Indigo smirked.

Meanwhile, Sour Sweet was readying her arrow once more at Spike, before at the last second, she lets the arrow fly. Spike once more heard it coming, and with that, he quickly pulled his skateboard out, shielding himself from the arrow's hit. However, what's even more surprising was that icicles began to form, from where the arrow struck.

"What the-" Spike gasped, shocked at what had become of his board.

"Oh come on!" Sour shouted in frustration, as she angrily got out another arrow and shot it, nearly hitting Indigo, by the hair.

"Hey! Watch it!" Indigo shouted.

The bystanders, meanwhile, thinking it was all a show, all applauded as the fight continues. Just then, the rest of the girls arrived, with Sugar dismounting from her bike in a fighting stance.

"Yahoo-hoo!" Lemon cried, coming in too fast and crashed into Sunny, who had just gotten up. When the dusts cleared up, there laid Sunny Flare, tapping her fingers on the ground, unamused, and a dizzy Lemon Zest on her back.

"Lauren Faust," Lemon moaned. "Did you catch the license on that flying pig?"

"GET OFF ME!!" Sunny shouted, angrily shoving the girl off.

Sour Sweet soon climbs down from the roof, as she folded her bow into a portable object, before storing it away in her backpack and joins with the rest of the girls.

"Whoa," a random dude began. "Get the cameras ready. I think there's gonna be some badass kung fu fights coming here!"

Pipsqueak and Featherweights were passing by, looking for some stories, when they saw the crowd.

"Hey, what's going on?" Pipsqueak asked, before he and Featherweight gasped in shock, seeing Spike, fighting the girls. "Whoa! There's a serious streetlight, involving our friend, and five girls!" Pipsqueak exclaimed, as he got out a notepad. "Now this is a scoop!"

"And not just any girls either!" Featherweight said, slightly scared. "Take a closer look!"

Pipsqueak complied, before he yelped, "It's the tsundere!!" With that, he and Featherweight hid themselves in the crowds, while watching their friend fighting the girls off.

During the fight, Spike had blocked a strike from Sour Sweet, before he quickly counters with two fists, striking at Sour Sweet's well-endowed chest.

Spike and the girl both stared at each other in shock, followed by the crowds, with some amused gazes from some of the men in the crowd.

"Dude! Did you see the way they bounced?" one random dude asked, another.

"Those are some fantastic tits!" the guy replied, before Sour shot a death stare, silencing them. Indigo was trying her best to suppress a laugh, Sugarcoat's glasses nearly fell off, Lemon's headphone played the sound of a disc scratch, before it short circuited, and Sunny's eyes twitches.

“Sorry,” Spike chuckled sheepishly, blushing up a storm.

Unfortunately, the girl was far from forgiving, as she straightens her breasts and started to attack the boy furiously, “Say sorry,” she lunged forward to pounce, “IN HEEEELLLLLL!!!!”

Without hesitation, Spike ducked his head, dodging the attack, before he dives beneath a table, and came out, as a dog, yipping as he runs off, in fright.

"Did anyone else saw that?" one of the bystanders asked, before Sunny knocked him out.

"Let's go!" Sunny ordered, as all five girls resume their chase.

After they left, Pipsqueak and Featherweights all came out of hiding, as Feathers quickly dials up his phone, "Hey boss!" Feathers called. "Have we got a story for you!"

"Guys!" Pipsqueak called on his phone. "Emergency! We've got a dragon emergency! Our bro is in trouble!"


A girl was in her room, reading a book, when the news on TV caught her attention. Upon seeing Spike, and his pursuers, she quickly got herself ready, before heading out.

NYCPD HQ

Scorpan was finishing up a report on a criminal he had caught, when the girl came in.

"Sir!" She cried. "Your nephew needs help!"

"Spike?" Scorpan exclaimed. "What happened?"


Back with the girls

The fight with Sunset and the girls took them, somewhere in the Bronx, into a shopping district, and into a huge bathroom. During the fight, Sunset had called in some reinforcements, in the form of Snips, Snails, and Zephyr Breeze, all who've been hypnotized and were given special powers. Snips received the power of earth, Snails got the power of thunder, and Zephyr, the power of wind.

"Zephyr!" Fluttershy exclaimed, holding on to her brother. "Don't you remember me? I'm your sister! Fluttershy!"

"Destroy," Zephyr droned, as his cheeks became inflated, and he blew a gust of wind, blowing Fluttershy away. "Destroy."

Rainbow Dash soon flew in, and landed a kick to Zephyr's cheek, "Snap out of it, Zephyr!"

Zephyr looked at Rainbow for a moment, and smirked, as he drones, "Please, hit me harder."

Disgusted, Rainbow pulled Applejack in, "Here, he's all yours AJ."

Snips burrowed through the ground, tunneling around as he did so, before he came up, pouncing on Rarity.

"Ah! Dirt!" Rarity shrieked. "Get your filthy hands off me!"

"Pretty girl," Snips droned, before he was knocked off by one of Pinkie Pie's sprinkle bomb.

"No, that's a pretty girl," Snails pointed, to a teenage girl, nearby.

"FOCUS BOYS!!" Sunset roared, snapping the boys back into the battle. "Destroy the Mane Six first, then oggle at some girls later!"

"Yes ma'm," the three stooges droned, as they resumed the fight.

"Oh goodness!" Fluttershy whimpered, until she noticed her backpack stirring up. "I know, I know. You want to come out, but it's-" Then, as if an unseen force had taken control, Fluttershy's backpack flew from her back, unzipped itself, and Peewee flew out. "Peewee, no!" Fluttershy shouted, trying to grab the phoenix. "Get back in the backpack! Where are you going?!" The phoenix flew off, and disappeared, out of sight. Fluttershy tried to fly after him, but was grabbed by Zephyr.

"Where do you think you're going?" Zephyr asked, tossing his sister back into the groups.

Twilight kept on blocking every one of Sunset Shimmer's attacks, "Fight back!" Sunset angrily demanded. "Why won't you fight back?!"

"Because you're our friend, Sunset!" Twilight replied. "I don't know what Somnambula did to you to make you this way, but we can help! You can come back home to Equestria with us! And you'll get the apology you truly deserve!"

"I don't need your help!" Sunset snarled, breathing another stream of fire. "And I don't want any apologies. I want the Dragonfire! And I'll scorch anyone who gets in my way!!"

"No! You can't do that!" Twilight protested. "The Dragonfire is Spike's and his alone. Even if you manage to steal it from him, you'll never keep it. It will never be yours!"

"Perhaps," Sunset said angrily. "But this is sure to make a difference!" With that, Sunset pulls out a small object, from her jacket, which has left the girls in nothing but fear.

"No," Twilight muttered. "It can't be!"

Holding in Sunset's hand, is what appears to be a simple, round pendant, with Twilight's mark on the center.

"That's right, Twilight," Sunset sneered. "It's your old toy. Your very first creation, between human technology and the magic of Equestria. And soon to be your instrument of doomsday. This device not only tracks down magic, but it will also take it!" Sunset smirked, seeing the look of fear on Twilight's face. "Yes, Twilight. I shall use it to take the Dragonfire from Spike, and become truly invincible! But not before I take yours first. FOOL!!" Sunset let's out another evil laugh, as she continues, "How fitting indeed, for you to be destroyed by two of your greatest failure! Now prepare for your destruction!"

"Not so quick, Sunset," a voice started, as Snips, Snails, and Zephyr were thrown across the room.

Sunset Shimmer looked, to see a tall man, clad in a huge trench coat, and a gray fedora. With a wave of his hand, the man, magically, forced Sunset Shimmer off of Twilight. The man helped the girl up, before he waves his hand at a nearby mirror, causing its surface to ripple, as if it was water. With that, he began to force Sunset in.

"Been awhile, since I've seen a Crystal Mirror Trap!" With that, Sunset broke free, and started to force the man into the mirror.

"Then forgive me for being old fashioned," the man broke free as he resumes forcing Sunset into the mirror.

Just then, Snails began to charge up a thunderbolt.

"Goodness, look out!" Fluttershy shouted, as the man rolled out of the way in time, as Snails's thunderbolt flew past him, exploded on Sunset Shimmer, and blasted the girl into the mirror. Meanwhile, the man got up, snapped his finger, and sent the Three Demonic Stooges, into separate stalls, unconscious.

"Thank you," Twilight panted, "Whoever you are."

"Don't thank me yet," the man replied. "Come with me, if you want to see your friend, alive."

Hesitant, the girls all complied, as they followed the man, disappearing in a puff of smoke.


Spike

Spike, changes back into human form as he runs through a mall, and into a fashion store, with the girls following.

"Spread out!" Sunny ordered. "He's got to be in here somewhere." With that, the girls all separated into different direction, searching for their prey.

Sunny looked through a section where perfumes are being sold. Indigo searches through the section on sportswear. Sugarcoat looked through the section for fancy attires. Sour was looking through section of attires for men. Lemon was looking through a section for punks.

Unknown to the girls, Spike was actually hiding in plain sight. He was posing as a dog, in a poster, pulling a surprised beach girl's bikini bottom, exposing her butt. Given to the situation he was in, he's clearly struggling to pull off his camouflage.

'Don't wag,' Spike repeated mentally, with his tail twitching lightly. 'Don't wag. Just think something scary.' With that, Scorpan appeared in his head.

"RANDORI!!" Scorpan shouted, waving a wooden sword and knocked Spike back to his senses.

'Thanks uncle,' Spike said his thoughts.

'Anytime.'

Just then, one of the staffs came and moved the poster, unintentionally blowing Spike's cover, "Ruh roh," he whimpered.

Lemon was the first to notice, "Dog!" she exclaimed.

"Dog? Where?" Spike asked, playing Scooby Doo. Sour Sweet leaned in, scowling, "Who am I fooling?" he asked.

"I outta slug you!" Sour growled, throwing her fist at the dog. Luckily, Spike dodged the attack, and counters with a kiss to the girl's face, "AUGHH!! I'VE BEEN KISSED BY A DOG!!" Sour screamed, as she ran around in circles, shouting for hot waters, disinfections, and iodines.

Spike, meanwhile, sputtered several times, "I think I know why she's called, Sour Sweet," he said in a shudder.

Sour Sweet, angrier than ever, pounced after Spike, who quickly jumped out of the way, and she ends up crashing into a mannequin. Indigo and Lemon both threw down some butterfly nets at him, only to end up catching each other.

"I don't know why I hang around you nitwits," Sunny grumbled, as she helped Indigo and Lemon out of the nets. "If you want something done right, you just gotta do it yourself." With that, Sunny took one of the nets, as she chases after Spike. "C'mere boy! Be a good dog, and sit!"

"You ain't the boss of me!" Spike barked, before he was caught.

"Gotcha!" Sunny's words got eaten, when Spike grabbed the net's handle, and shook the girl.

"More like he got you," Sugarcoat commented.

"Don't just stand there!" Sunny ordered. "Help me out!"

With that, the girls all piled on top of Spike, trying to hold him down. Spike, however, was able to get out of the net in time, and slipped through the girls' legs, unnoticed.

Sneaking behind a garbage can, Spike turned himself back in human form, and tried to walk casually away, whistling innocent. Sour Sweet, however, got wise with him.

"Did we just order our captive to go?" Sour asked.

"No, why?" Sunny inquired.

"Because THERE HE GOES!!" Sour shouted, pointing to Spike, making a break for it.


Sunset Shimmer

A random guy walked into the restroom, when he heard a tap and turned to see a girl.

"Wake up those idiots in stall 3, 9, 4 for me would you?" Sunset Shimmer asked, as the boy nodded in fright before he fainted. "Oh, my life."


Spike and the five Shadowbolts kept it up with the chase, which had taken them to the rooftop of a tall building.

"Give it up dragon," Indigo panted. "You can't run forever y'know."

"Maybe not," Spike panted. "But I'm willing to try, knowing I'll live another day, for my friends and families, here and back home, in Equestria."

"You've got some nerves," Indigo smirked. "I like that."

"You're quite the adversary," Sugarcoat said. "Even though some of your tactics to escape our clutches were a little unorthodox, and somewhat crude, yet perfectly executed."

"Even though I'll never forgive you for your earlier action," Sour began sourly, before she smiled sweetly. "I'll gladly cherish these last moments with you."

Spike looked at the girls confusingly, "Either you girls are giving me compliments, or sugarcoating the situation," he began. "It all sounds nice, coming from you three."

"Sorry dearie," Sunny smirked, while secretly dispensing a weapon from her sleeve. "But in this game of cat and mouse. It's not all about being nice." At her last word, Sunny threw green tipped kunai at Spike, who quickly reacted, as he caught the kunai in his hand.

At the same time, Sour Sweet fired another arrow at Spike. Luckily, like always, Spike heard it coming, and flicked the kunai at the projectile, causing both objects to clash together.

Indigo Zap soon charged in, with two pairs of katana, slashing at Spike repeatedly, who leaped over the girl, at a tremendous height.

"Whoa!" Indigo exclaimed. "You can fly?!"

"No! Jump good
!" Spike smirked, as he changes his hands and legs into dragon claws, lands on a chimney, kicked off from its wall at high speed, and landed a kick to the girl's stomach.

Though a little disoriented from the blow, Indigo still kept on going with her blades, while Spike, skillfully, dodges all of her attacks, and blocked a few of them with his claws, and his tail, which he had just sprouted. The other girls soon joined in the fight, with Sour, changing her bow into a staff with blades on both end, Sunny Flare getting out a tessen, Lemon Zest arming herself with a kusarigama, and Sugarcoat arms herself with a pair of shuko claws.

All girls charged after the boy, who quickly jumps, and perched himself on a pole, before he fully assumes his dragon form.

[Bruce Lee - Main Theme - Enter the Dragon]

"So, this is how you look as a dragon," Indigo mused. "Though, I half expected you to have wings."

"I may not have wings, yet," Spike flipped off his perch, as he land on all four, before he got into fighting stance. "But I've got fires and speed to make up for it."

"We'll see about that," With that, Indigo leapt forward, slashing her swords, both which Spike was able to dodge, and blocked with his equally sharped claws, while still receiving a few cuts on his chest, his arms, and on his cheek. Lemon spins the chain ball of her kusarigma, before she thrusts it forward, snaring Spike by his right arm. With that, Lemon lunges forward, ready to slice Spike, with her sickle, at the same time when Indigo lunged in, with her blades.

Luckily, Spike jumped out of the way, narrowly evading the combine attack from both girls, before he pulled on the chain, spins Lemon around, causing her to crash into Indigo. Getting back up, both girls charged at the dragon, with their blades, but were stopped when Spike leapt in the air and breathed fire. The two girls jumped out of the way, as Sunny Flare threw her tessen at Spike, who ducked his head in time, losing a few of his hair in the process, before he hears the ninja fan coming back and dodged it once more. After reclaiming her fan, Sunny pulls out a kunai from her fan, and threw it at Spike, who quickly jumped to the next pole, dodging the blades.

"Hold still!" Sunny growled, still firing her blades.

"Um, Sunny," Sugar began.

"Not now, Sugar!" Sunny replied, reaching for more kunais, only to discover too late, she was out.

"I tried to tell you," Sugar mumbled.

With a frustrated shriek, Sunny stomped her foot, before she pointed to the dragon, "GET HIM!!"

Soon, Indigo climbed up on the telephone pole, followed by Sour Sweet, and Lemon, as they all fought the dragon.

"Now you're really gonna get it!" Sour snarled, jumping into a flying kick, only for Spike to leap, and flip, over her. Sour nearly fell off, had Spike not grabbed her by the hem of her hoodie. Pulling her back up, Sour ended up falling into Spike's arms. "Y-You saved my life?" she asked.

Before Spike could reply, he hears Lemon thrusting her kusarigama's chain, which he reacted by ducking his head, flipping downward on the wires, by the leg, before he flipped himself onto another building's roof. Sour meanwhile, nearly fell off, as she avoided the chain, grabbing onto the wire in the nick of time.

"Cowardly move, y'know!" Spike scolded.

"You're fighting the Shadowbolts," Lemon replied. "What do you expect?" Realizing what she just said, the girls all face faulted at the girl's remark.

"Comeback quotes aren't your specialties y'know," Sugarcoat said bluntly, before she jumped after Spike, slashing him with her claws.

Spike kept on blocking the girl's claws a few times, before he retaliated, by whipping his tail at her repeatedly, followed by a jet stream of fire, which Sugarcoat shielded herself, with her hoodie.

Spike gasped in shock, seeing the girl stood, unfazed, and unscorched, "How?" he asked.

"Fire proof hoodie," Sugarcoat answered. "Did you think we'd be foolish enough to hunt you without them?"

"Uh, kinda," Spike replied. "I mean, I didn't think such a thing existed."

"Well they're real," Indigo smirked, as she spins her sword. "Which means your firepowers won't save you this time."

"Then let's do this the old fashion way then," Spike said, reverting back to human form.

The girls gladly complied, as they surrounded the boy, sheathing their weapons, on Sunny Flare's command. Indigo threw a kick, to which Spike blocked, along with a punch from Lemon. Sour, fueled by rage, lunged forward, repeatedly clawing at the boy.

"Wow," Spike commented. "For someone who's trying to kill me. You're quite the tiger." Sour stopped, at the boy's words. "A very beautiful tiger."

"Aw, thank you!" Sour blushed sweetly, before she growled, "NOW PREPARE FOR MY REVENGE!!!" With that, Sour jumped at Spike.

"Repulse the monkey!" He shouted, flipping Sour away from him, and into Indigo.

"Repulse the monkey?" Lemon asked.

Sunny soon took over as she and Spike engaged each other in a hand to hand combat, "Very good, Spike," Sunny smirked. "You must've been a real A+ student."

"Actually, B+ in school," Spike replied. "A+ in the dojo."

"Enough talk!" Lemon exclaimed. "Let's rock and roll!"

"Bring it!" Spike replied.

With that, the girls and boy resumed their fight. Meanwhile, the Three Magicians were observing the fight from a higher building.

"Okay you guys!" Goldcap began. "Ready the trap!" With that, Zappityhoof and Decepticolt both began on loading a huge cannon ball, into a cannon, before aiming it at Spike.

During the fight, the sound of a bird's call was heard. Both sides looked up to see a beautiful phoenix flying in their direction.

"Peewee?" Spike asked, before the phoenix swooped in, grabbed him by the back of his jacket, and flew off with him. "Whoa!" The boy exclaimed, as he felt the rush and the adrenaline of being taken in the air.

"DON'T LET HIM GET AWAY!!" Goldcap shouted. "FIRE!!"

With that, the Three Magicians aimed the cannon, straight for Spike. Luckily, for Spike, Peewee emitting a radiating flash of light, blinding the magicians, causing them to misfire, and snare the Shadowbolts, and they disappeared in a flash of light.

After the lights cleared up, the dragon, phoenix, and Shadowbolts were nowhere in sight.

"Hooray!" Goldcap cheered, as she and her comrades danced around in circle, celebrating. "We got him! We got the dragon!"

"We're gonna get a promotion for sure!" Decepticolt cheered.

Unfortunately, their celebration was cut short, when Somnambula appeared in a blazing flash of fire, furious at the magicians.

"IDIOTS!! THE THREE OF YOU!!" Somnambula roared, as she grabbed the Three Magicians with her magic, and teleported away.

Just then, the door to the stairs on the roof opened up, and Spike's posse jumped out, busting some karate moves.

"Don't worry Spike!" Button exclaimed. "We got your....back?" The boys noticed that Spike was nowhere in sight, same with the girls.


Later

"Thanks Peewee," Spike sighed in relief. "You really saved my life back there."

Peewee squawked in reply, before he flew Spike to a building, where Scorpan was waiting for him.

"Spike!" Scorpan exclaimed, holding the boy by the shoulders. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah uncle," Spike replied. "I'm fine. Thanks to Peewee here."

"Oh it wasn't just Peewee," Scorpan said. "Thank, oh?" Scorpan looked around, to see no one else, but him, his nephew, and Peewee. "I could've sworn, another of your girlfriend was here."

"Gosh, I wonder who it was," Spike asked.

Scorpan shook his head, "Perhaps they prefer to keep their identity a secret. Come nephew. Let's go home."

With that, Scorpan and Spike both walked away, with Peewee on the boy's shoulder. Watching from the distance, was Sunset Shimmer herself, accompanied by another girl, wearing a long trench coat, and a white fedora over her long, pink hair.


Coney Island

The Three Magicians were standing before a furious Somnambula, Abacus Cinch, and an unamused Nightmare Moon, who stood in a huge mirror.

"We were just trying to help," Goldcap explained. "Besides, those girls were never gonna catch the dragon anyway."

"Yeah!" Zappityhoof exclaimed. "You should've seen them! They were all 'Come back here!' or 'I got him!' and he was all, 'Uh uh, no way Jose!' and-"

"SILENCE!!" Nightmare Moon roared, as the sound of thunder cracked.

"Your highness," Goldcap began. "I apologize for our actions today. But I promise, we won't fail again."

"Oh, I know," Nightmare Moon hissed. "You won't fail me again. Ever!" The furious alicorn glanced at Somnambula, who nodded, as she tapped the floor with her staff.

Getting the message, the winged monkeys grabbed the Three Magicians, and dragged them away.

"No, wait!" Goldcap pleaded. "Where are you taking us?"

Once the magicians were disposed of, Sunny turned to the Shadowbolts's three leaders, "So, with all due respects, what should we do now, your majesties?"

Nightmare Moon pondered for awhile, before she answered, "Since the young prince is all so dedicated to fighting for his friends, then perhaps we should work that to our advantage."

Somnambula smirked, "Yes, perhaps we should."

Abacus looked with worry, "But Somnambula! Remember what happened the last time? We almost got ourselves killed by Twilight!"

"Don't worry," a voice called, revealing itself to be Sunset Shimmer, holding the device. "I've got a backup plan for that."

Author's Note:

74 likes > 7 dislikes, 136 reviews(including some of my own, and over 2,000 views! Thank you all!

Spike's skateboard chase is homage to Jackie Chan's skateboard scene in City Hunter, and Michael J. Fox's stunt in Back to the Future 1 and 2.

Oh, and Spike's accidental hit to Sour Sweet, is a reference to Jackie Chan's fight against the women in Armour of God.

And I'm sure there are some other references I've put in this chapter. I'll leave it for you guys to figure them out.


Also, before any of you go on an angry tantrum for me deceiving you guys about Sunset Shimmer, I'll have you know, I never said she wasn't a Shadowbolt. That, and I had hope to make this an April Fools Joke.

One more thing: Thank you Wildcard25 for the idea in the previous chapter.

PreviousChapters Next