• Published 11th Jan 2017
  • 16,942 Views, 792 Comments

Dragonfire 🐲 Enter The Dragon Hero 🐲 - Phantom-Dragon



Born in the Year of the Dragon, gifted with a powerful magic called the Dragonfire, Spike Draco fights the forces of evils that threatens to destroy the worlds of his friends and family.

  • ...
25
 792
 16,942

PreviousChapters Next
Spike and the Crystal Prep Shadows - Who's Next?

Monday afternoon and it was another typical school day for the students at Crystal Prep Academy.

In the school cafeteria, the Crystal Prep Shadowbolts were having lunch with the other students. Though, something appears amiss to the girls. Well, amiss to four of them to be exact.

"Yo, what's with Lemon?" Indigo asked. "I've never seen this happy before."

"Eh, she's always happy," Sour replied. "It's the music, duh."

Sour was correct. Lemon Zest was indeed listening to a happy song. However, it wasn't one of her typical rock songs, since she wasn't being her usual loud and obnoxious self while she was listening.

Curious, Indigo tapped Lemon on the shoulder, "Hey Lemon," Indigo began. "New song? What're ya so happy about?"

"Just a new CD I got yesterday," Lemon answered, giving Indigo her headphone to wear. "Here, listen to this."

Indigo braced herself for another earsplitting rock music from Lemon. But to her surprise, it never came. Instead, all she hear was one of the latest songs of Taylor Swift.

Indigo looked at her friend, aghast, "Okay, who are you and what have you done to Lemon?" The athletic Shadowbolt asked.

"Ha ha, very funny," Lemon snarked. "Besides, I can like pop musics too. They're kinda like the same thing with rock musics."

"Technically if you knew your musical histories, you would know that in the 1960s, both are considered separate genres in terms of musicianship," Sugarcoat stated bluntly.

"Whatever," Lemon scoffed.

"So, how exactly did you get into liking pop musics, hmm?" Sour asked, looking at the music loving girl suspiciously.

"Why do you girls care how?" Lemon asked. "I just got curious, so I listened to a few pop songs. And boom! I'm hooked."

"Yeah, right," Indigo scoffed in disbelief. "What really happened to ya? Huh?"

Knowing that the girls aren't buying it, and they're never going to drop the subject anytime soon, Lemon rolled her eyes, "Fine. If you must know," Looking around, making sure none of their fellow classmates were eavesdropping on their conversations, Lemon huddled closer to the girls and whispered, "I just had a radical day with Spike!"

Needless to say, her fellow Shadowbolts were aghast, "You actually went out on a date with Spike Draco?!" Sour Sweet exclaimed.

"I wouldn't exactly call it a date," Lemon replied, twirling a lock of her hair. "We were just 'hanging out.' That's all."

"Sounded like a date to me," Sugarcoat said it bluntly.

"Hey, come on. It's nothing serious," Lemon spoke up, like it was no big deal. "I mean, all we did was going to a music store, got chased by a mob of fans who liked our music video, walked through Central Park, then we sang some karaoke, and to finish it off, we shared an ice cream together."

"What do you mean by that?" Indigo asked at the last part.

"What the ice cream? Well, we were having a sundae, and we exchanged scoops with each other."

"So indirectly, you kissed him," Sugarcoat analyzed. "Clever, but not too original."

"Huh, I never thought about that," Lemon blushed. "Ha....maybe it is a date."

"And he just....allowed it?" Sour asked.

Lemon nodded her head and twirled a lock of her hair as she answered, "Well, yeah, he did say it was his way of personally thanking us for all those times we've helped him out in a jam," She smiled lovingly. "That and it was a good chance of getting to know him more."

"You don't say," Sunny Flare replied, looking intrigued, along with the rest of the girls. "So what was he like then, dearie?"

"He was amazing!!" Lemon pumped her fist in the air. "He's awesome, he's got a good voice, he's got a good taste in musics, and he's a whole lot of fun! It was just.....I don't know how else to put it, but magical," Lemon concluded.

Sunny Flare turned to the rest of the Shadowbolt girls, exchanging knowing glances, "It's obvious, we all wanted to go out on a date with Spike, don't we?" Sugarcoat stated bluntly.

"....Obviously," Sunny answered. "Though the question now is, who should go next?"

Indigo scoffed, "It's obvious. Me!"

The rest of the girls, minus Lemon, all sent Indigo a death glare, "Back off, sister! It's gonna be me!" Sour Sweet snarled.

"What?! Why does it have to be about you?!" Indigo spatted.

"You got a problem with that?!"

"Yeah bet I do! And I'm not afraid to give it to ya!"

Sugarcoat shook her head, "You two are just embarrassing," She fumed. "I speak for myself when I say that I'll be the next to ask Spike out on an outing."

"YOU?!" Indigo and Sour exclaimed.

"Enough!" Sunny shouted. Her friends quickly ceased their arguments, before Sunny noticed the rest of their classmates looking at them oddly, "Nothing to see here, dearies. GO back to what you were doing." The students all complied, before Sunny composed, "Now, if we're all done acting like little children, I propose a more civil way to compromise."

"Rock, paper, scissor, shoo?" Lemon asked.

Sugarcoat scoffed, "Do we still do that?"


"Rock, paper, scissor, shoo!" Snips, Snails, and Zephyr shouted, while the boys were working backstage for the upcoming school play.

Snips got scissor. Snails got rock. And Zephyr got scissor, "HA! I win!" Snails cheered for himself, much to Snips and Zephyr's annoyance as the two boys grabbed ahold of a rope, while Snails went to work on some minor prop settings.


The school bell rang loudly, signaling the end of the day. The Crystal Prep Students all flooded the halls, heading for their lockers to puck their supplies away, or to make some exchanges.

Coco Pommel was at her locker, going through some supplies, when the Crystal Prep Shadowbolts approached her, "Coco, dearie," Sunny greeted. "You wouldn't happen to have some papers and scissors on you, would you?"

"Uh, sure," Coco replied, taking out the said objects. "What do you need them for?"

"Oh just for the means of settling a big dispute, my dear," Sunny answered, cutting the papers into four thin strips, before she presented them to her fellow Shadowbolts. "Alright ladies. Here's how it goes. We'll each draw a slip of paper. Whoever gets the shortest will go first. Sounds fair?"

The other Shadowbolts exchanged looks, before they nodded their head in agreement, "Let's get this over with," Indigo insisted, as she took the first slip of paper, followed by Sugarcoat, then Sour Sweet.

After the other three girls took their papers, Sunny Flare opened her hand up to reveal her paper strip.

PreviousChapters Next