• Published 11th Jan 2017
  • 16,943 Views, 792 Comments

Dragonfire 🐲 Enter The Dragon Hero 🐲 - Phantom-Dragon



Born in the Year of the Dragon, gifted with a powerful magic called the Dragonfire, Spike Draco fights the forces of evils that threatens to destroy the worlds of his friends and family.

  • ...
25
 792
 16,943

PreviousChapters Next
The Shadowbolts Strike Part 1: Enter the Shadowbolts

Coney Island: Underground

“Shadowbolts!” Somnambula announced, before a whole army of hooded figures. "The time at hand approaches. The Princess of the Night has spoken. She has looked into his dreams. His powers are slowly returning, and the girls who had come here for him are slowly restoring his memories. She has made it clear, find the Dragon Prince, stop him before he is fully restored!" With a slam of her staff, the witch conjured up a huge image of the said prince.

"That's our guy?!" one of the robed figures exclaimed.

Somnambula jerked her head, eyeing directly at the person who spoke up, "Is there something you'd like to say, Sugarcoat?"

"Yes," Sugarcoat answered. "Some friends and I happen to know that guy. Green hair, green eyes, and purple jackets, can't miss him. Plus, I know for a fact that he hangs around with those other boys who helped rescue those peeping toms we've caught at our school, many times."

"Yeah!" another hooded figure exclaimed. "Same here! He and I once fought each other to a stand, when he and those boys tried to rescue their friends. I almost had him, until he got away." She coughed at the last part. "I'd like to have a rematch with that Bruce Lee wannabe."

"I'd like to get him," another girl spoke, before she snarled, "For revenge!!!"

It didn't take long for more agreements to follow from the hooded figures in the crowd.

"Then it is settled then," Somnambula began. "The six of you, shall hunt for the Dragon Prince. Bring him him back to me, alive. And should any of those girls get in the way, dispose of them!"

With a bow of their heads, the chosen six all left the room, with gazes of evil, and concerns, following them.


[Princess of the Night - The Shake Ups In Ponyville]

Spike was once again, having another dream, as he opens his eyes to find himself, as a child, in a dark room, hanging in the air, by a web of dark chains, with locks, and hooks, all holding him by his arms, legs, and around his waist. Spike tried to break free, but to no avail. He tried to use his powers, but they wouldn’t respond. He began to call out for help, “Help! Somebody! Please! Let me out!” His cry for help echoed through the halls of the dungeon.

“Poor little dragon,” an eerie, quiet, female voice called out. Spike turned to his right, and felt himself turn cold in fear. Standing before him, on all four, was a tall mare’s silhouette, with piercing white eyes. The mare grinned, showing its vampire-like fangs, “So young, and so small, to be taken from your mother.” the mare grinned, as she changes into a puff of smoke, and slithers around Spike. “How does it feel? To have had everything a person like you could ever ask for? A family? A mother? And friends whom you’ve found a special place in their hearts? And how did you repay them? You left them, in misery.” With a glow from her horn, the mare projected several windows, each playing a scene of nightmares.

Spike watched as every ponies, the girls included, were going about their days, suffering. He looked and sees some homeless ponies, begging for foods, only for their cries to go unanswered. Next he looked, to see fires engulfing millions of houses, and filly crying out for her parents, while holding onto a burnt teddy bear. Lastly, he looked to see Pinkie Pie, once more, with a flatten mane, dull colors, and acting completely crazy. Insanely crazy that is.

The pink pony was bouncing around, laughing maniacally, "Hiya! I just need a dash of rainbows to my cupcakes! I also need dot of butter to some cups. Oh where, oh where has my little pony gone? Ha ha ha ha."

"Help us!" Spike turned to see several foals, calling out for him, begging him to return.

Next image he saw, was the worst of all. A gravestone, of Princess Celestia. Spike’s eyes widened in shock as he reads “R.I.P. Princess Celestia-Beloved princess, died from a long-termed heartbreak.”

“MOOOOM!!” Spike wailed, trying desperately to deny what he had seen.

“Poor little dragon,” the mare hissed. “Here, let me end the pain and suffering for you.” With that, the mare's horn began to glow, preparing to fire a spell.

“NO!” Spike screamed, feeling the spell taking hold on him. He yelled in agony, trying to escape, but to no avail.

“.....Spike…..” a voice called. ".....Spike....."


"SPIKE!" Scorpan called, causing Spike to woke up with a start. "Are you alright?" the man asked with concerns.

After taking a few deep breaths, Spike calmed himself, "Yes uncle. I'm alright. Just had a nightmare."

"I can see that," Scorpan twirled his mustache. "Want to talk about it?"

Spike nodded, as he reveals the whole story to Scorpan. Needless to say, the old man was beyond disbelief, and worries.

"I'm worried, uncle," Spike muttered. "I've just started to remember mom, and Equestria. I'm worried that if I ever got the chance to return home, I might find mom-"

"Don't go that far, Spike," Scorpan began. "I can assure you, Princess Celestia will be there to greet you, and welcome you back in her open wings. She is a strong alicorn, and she'll always be waiting for you."

"How can you be sure, uncle?" Spike asked.

"I'm sure. Have ever lied to you?"

Spike shook his head, knowing his adopted uncle well, "No, you haven't."

"However, I'm more concerned about this dream you had," the man stated sternly. "It's clear, this is the work of Nightmare Moon." Spike shuddered as the man continues, "If she's able to infiltrate your mind, then it's possible that she might've found you at last. Meaning you must be more cautious, for the Shadowbolts won't be too far behind."


Spike was later walking through the streets of New York, with Scorpan off to work, and the girls were also out to do their own things. Twilight was busy studying for the upcoming tests and quizzes. Fluttershy has to take care of the creatures, inside her back pack. Rainbow Dash and Applejack were both practicing for some upcoming games. Rarity was busy making some costumes for their upcoming show of, Singin' in the Rain. Pinkie Pie was busy, hosting a kid's birthday party, with Discord.

The boys also have their own things to do. Button Mash was at the arcade to beat some high scores at Fruit Ninja. Rumble was at a skatepark with his brother, Thunderlane. Pipsqueak and Featherweight were out, finding stories for the New York Times. Tender Taps was at a spa, getting a foot massage. Snips and Snails, sadly, were serving detention, after Professor Flintheart caught them, attempting to throw water balloons at the girls soccer team. Thorax, with Lyra and Bon Bon, were busy spying in Crystal Prep Academy.

At last, Spike came to a Starbuck cafe, where he bought a light mocha frappuccino and was sipping away, trying to relax. Unknown to him, trouble was just around the corner, literally.

Five girls, in dark colored hoodies, were walking into the cafe, when they noticed Spike. One of them looked at a piece of paper, before looking back up with a smirk, "That's our guy," she whispered.

"C'mon," the other whispered. "We're going in!" With that, the five girl, acting as casual they can be, walked up to the counter to order their drinks, before they walked up to the boy.

"Hello there," one of them greeted, catching his attention.

Spike looked up, seeing five beautiful girls standing before him. The first girl had a long, light opalish gray hair with light arctic bluish gray streaks, tied in curly pigtails. Orange glasses that frames her grayish, orchid eyes. The second girl has a short, grayish mulberry with light raspberry streaks, with a sunflower hairpin, two strands of hairs that frames her face, and piercing, moderate cerise eyes. The third girl has a long moderate rose hair, tied in a ponytail by strawberry beads, with lighter moderate rose, and grayish aquamarine streaks, matching eyeshadows, freckles beneath her moderate indigo eyes. The fourth girl has a wild dark cornflower blue hair, with lighter streaks, goggles above her brilliant gamboge eyes, and wears lightning bolt earrings. The last girl has a long, wilder, light pistachio hair with light green flaming streaks, pink headphones, and grayish arctic blue eyeshadows over her light brilliant amber eyes.

"Uh, hello ladies," Spike began. "Something I can do for you?"

"Yes there is," the third girl began sweetly, before she said darkly. "Give us your life!"

"What?!" Spike yelped, taken aback by the girl's sudden mood swing.

"Sour!" the fourth of the girl scolded, smacking the girl on the head.

"Please forgive our bad tempered friend here," the second girl began. "Clearly she doesn't know a thing or two about manners." As she said this, she shot a disapproving stare at the said girl. She turned back to Spike, composing herself, "We were just wondering, while we're waiting for our drinks. May we join you?"

Spike, getting a bad vibe from the girls, hesitantly answered, "Uh, sure why not?"

"Because you're suspecting us for something," the first girl said bluntly.

"What?"

"Sugar!" the second girl scolded, before she apologizes on her friend's behalf. "Sorry about Sugarcoat. She just doesn't know how to keep some of her thoughts to herself." With that, the five girls all took their seats, around the table, with the first and second girls sitting on both sides of him.

"I'm Sunny Flare by the way," the second girl introduced herself, before she went on to introduce the other girls. "You already know Sugarcoat here. The girl with the bad temper is Sour Sweet. That's Indigo Zap, and that's Lemon Zest."

Spike looked, at the said girls, all giving him a mix of cold-welcoming stares, "Nice to meet you all," he greeted. "Name's Spike Draco."

"Spike Draco?" Lemon began loudly. "No way! The Spike Draco? I've heard about you!"

"Really?" Spike asked. "How?"

"Yeah," Sunny grumbled. "How? And need I remind you, inside voice?" She hissed at the last part.

"Oh don't be such a ray of sunshine, Sunny!" Lemon joked, before turning to the boy. "Anyway, to answer your question little dude. I've heard words about you from your friend, Melody Ravenclaw."

'Twilight,' Spike thought, knowing the girl's cover name.

"She kept going on and on about you," Lemon continued. "She kept talking about how you were her number one assistant, that you're the best friend she could ever have, and-"

"And that fact that you never asked for anything in return," Sugarcoat interrupted. "Which is saying how, noble you can be."

"Yes, noble," Sour Sweet began. "If only I'd had a guy like that." She sneered at the last part.

Spike whimpered at Sour Sweet's change of expression, "Sour!" Sunny growled.

"So, is it also true?" Indigo asked, as she linked her arms with Spike's. "That you can do karate? 'Cause Melody did mentioned before that you study martial arts. Are you blackbelt?"

"Um, yeah," Spike muttered, trying not to blush from the close contact the girl was giving. "Black belt, third degree. Why'd you ask?"

"I thought I should, because I happen to be a student of martial arts myself," Indigo smiled. 'That and I saw how you drop kicked on one of my football players,' she thought.

"Really?" Spike asked, starting to get interested in the girl. "So what belt are you?"

"Same color as yours, with the same degree," Indigo answered with a smug. "But I'm confident that my skills are better than yours."

"How come?"

"Well, I'm holding your arm right now, in a lockable grip, and only a true black belt master of third degree can escape with-"

"Like this?" Spike asked, as he did the said technique with ease, surprising the girl, and her friends.

"Whoa!" Indigo gasped. "You're good than you look!" She smiled.

"As the old same goes," Spike smirked. "Big things can come in small packages."

"I'll say," Sunny exclaimed, as she grasped Spike's arm with her hands. "Wow, you're so strong!"

"Thanks," Spike blushed, before he notices a marking on the girl's right hand. "Wow, that's a cool tattoo," He said, getting a closer look, much to his horror. 'Shadowbolts!' he thought, dreadfully.

"Oh, why thank you," Sunny smiled. "Want to have one as well?"

"Uh, it's not permanent, is it?" he asked, slightly frightened.

"Don't worry dearie," Sunny replied. "It doesn't heart much. It's only temporary."

"Unless he really wants a tattoo, then I don't think there's any point in convincing him on getting one," Sugarcoat said.

Spike, knowing he's in deep trouble, tries to think of a way to escape.

Thinking fast, Spike got out his phone, looking at the clock, before he began, "Um, nice chatting with you girls. But I gotta go now. Bye." With that, Spike quickly went for the door, only to be blocked by Indigo.

"Hey, what's the hurry?" she asked. "We were just starting to get to know you."

Looking back, Spike could see the other four slowly approaching him. Thinking fast, Spike began, "Hey nice goggles! Mind if I have a look at them?" With that, Spike quickly grabbed Indigo's goggles, before he released them, causing them to snap into her face, before he dashes out of the cafe. "Thanks!"

"Why that little..." Indigo growled, rubbing her sore eyes.

"After him!" Sunny shouted, as they all gave chase.

Spike quickly got out his phone to make some calls, "Girls! Help!" Spike called. "It's the Shadowbolts! They're after me!!"


Meanwhile

The girls were meeting up together, at the school's soccer field, when their phone rang. Once they heard Spike’s call for help, they quickly raced off to the rescue.

“Spike! Where are you?” Twilight asked, only to be answered with statics. “Spike? SPIIIIIKE?!!”

Author's Note:

It took me some times to get the Five Shadowbolts personalities down, Sunny Flare's in particular. But here's what I could interpret from their characters, based on some facts on the wiki, from the book of Twilight Sparkly's Sleepover Surprise.

Sunny Flare-Acts as the de facto leader, is a stickler to following the rules and stuffs, very poise, and tends to argue with the girls a lot, Sugarcoat and Sour Sweet, mostly.

Sugarcoat-Blunt

Sour Sweet-Scary

Indigo Zap-Competitive

Lemon Zest-Loud


Besides that, the Shadowbolts have found Spike! What will become of our young hero now? Can he escape? Can the girls find him in time? Or will he end up getting captured?

One more thing: Somnambula mentioned a sixth Shadowbolt! Who's the sixth?

PreviousChapters Next