• Published 11th Jan 2017
  • 17,048 Views, 792 Comments

Dragonfire 🐲 Enter The Dragon Hero 🐲 - Phantom-Dragon



Born in the Year of the Dragon, gifted with a powerful magic called the Dragonfire, Spike Draco fights the forces of evils that threatens to destroy the worlds of his friends and family.

  • ...
25
 792
 17,048

PreviousChapters Next
Mission Dragonfire Part 6: A Trip to the Moon

"We're heading straight into that meteor shower!" Fluttershy screamed.

"We're doomed!" Rainbow wailed dramatically. "DOOMED!!"

"Good-bye cruel world!" Rarity sighed, as she dramatically fainted into a fainting couch she produced.

"Get ahold of yourselves," Applejack shouted. "We're not done yet!"

"AJ's right!" Spike added. "I'm not going down like this! Not when we're close, and yet so far, from finding Fleur's folks and saving aunt Luna!"

"But what do we do?" Fluttershy whimpered.

Thinking fast, Twilight started to concentrate her magic into her horn, forming a protective bubble shaped forcefield around the ship, "I don't know how long it may hold, but it should keep us safe until we get to the moon!"

"Then let us give you some extra magical supports, Twilight," Sunset spoke, as she, Starlight, Rarity, and Fleur joined in.

Together, the four unicorns all combined their powers together with their alicorn friend, further strengthening the shield.

"In the meantime, we'll take care of the meteors!" Spike spoke, on behalf of the rest of the heroes onboard.

"I call shotguns!" Button exclaimed, as he quickly took a seat, and snatched some controls. "Time to show you guys what 24/7 of Star Fox does for ya!"

The boys, and girls looked at each other, unsure of the nerd boy's reasoning.

[Imperia - Antti Martikainen]

With that, Button Mash somehow, and expectedly, conjured up a target screen, as he scrolls it around, before he pressed some buttons on the controls to fire lasers, blasting many of the incoming meteors into smithereens.

"HA!" Button laughed. "How'd you like that?!"

"Button! Watch-" Rumble was cut off, when Button quickly blasted an incoming meteor. "Out...."

"Whoo-hoo! Highs score!" Button Mash cheered for himself.

Needless to say, everyone on board were all speechless.

"Button," Spike finally spoke. "Sorry we've ever doubted you."

"Meh, I get that a lot," Button shrugged.

"Um, hate to be the bearer of bad news," Rainbow began. "But we still got a long way, and more debris flying towards us!"

No sooner had Dash spoke, when the barrier surrounding the Celestial Phoenix got struck by more meteors, and what appeared to be spiked bombs that exploded on impact.

Twilight grunted, together with the unicorns on board, "Those things!" Twilight referred to the bombs. "They're breaking the shield! It's not going to last much longer!"

"Hold on! I'm blasting the best I could!" Button struggled, as he continues to fire lasers at all the incoming debris. "There's too many of them! It would be a good time for getting Power-Ups right now," the nerd groaned.

"Or perhaps, more help," Scorpan said, as he struggled to walk over to a control panel, pressed some codes in an ancient language in the form of some runic-like symbols. With that, the interior Celestial Phoenix started to change, as some extra seats were produced, each with their own control pads.

Spike looked at Scorpan in bewilderment, "Uncle? How did-"

"I'm an old friend of Starswirls, remember?" the gargoyle replied, while holding up an old paper. "Though reading his sloppy writing ain't exactly my favorite pass time."

"Well, either way," Rainbow quickly jumped towards one of the controls, "Let's blast our way!" With that, the cyan pegasus joined Button, as she began to fire more of the incoming meteorites, space bombs, and all sorts of debris that are being thrown at them.

"Save some for me, Dash!" Applejack called, taking control nearby, and she too started firing lasers at the debris flying at them.

"Good shooting girls," Spike complimented. "And boy," he added, when Button Mash cleared his throat.

"Don't compliment just yet, Spike," Scorpan replied. "We're not on the moon yet."

"At least the shield is still-WAIT!" Sunset looked at the monitor, to reveal another object flying towards them.

In appearance, the object appeared to be an asteroid, with a large gun attached to it.

"Uh oh," Starlight groaned. "That's not good!"

"Geez, since when is it ever a good thing when we're invading the Shadowbolts?" Applejack asked, bluntly, before the whole ship shook violently.

"The shield!" Sunset exclaimed, as a blast from the object, created a huge hole in the shield. "That thing packs a punch!"

"It won't be the only thing!" Button screamed, as he blasted another, only to reveal several more. "We're being bombarded by those things!"

Twilight squinted her eyes, before she gasps in horror, "Oh no," she whimpered. "It's worse than I thought. Those things are Moon Battle Stations!"

"And how do you know those things?" Rainbow asked.

"Because I made them!" everyone onboard all gasped in shock, shooting bewildered looks at the lavender alicorn.

"You made those things?!" Spike asked.

"Back when I was a student of Abacus Cinch," Twilight replied. "Back then, it was an extra credited assignment, and I only made the prototype for a class demonstration, but-"

"Never mind that!" Starlight shouted. "Do you know how to disarm those things?!"

"Maybe," Twilight replied. "I mean, they're obviously my designs! I should be able to work them telepathically on the inside-out!"

"Then work your magic, before we get blown out of the sky!" Rainbow shouted.

"But to do that, I'll have to leave my post, and leave the shield weakened!" Twilight whimpered.

"Leave the shields to us, Twilight," Sunset groaned. "You need to stop those Battle Stations, or we're all done for."

"And we'll try to keep those things off, while you work your magic," Rainbow spoke.

Hesitant, Twilight nodded her head, as she left her post, and began concentrating hard into her magic, seizing most of the battle stations in range, via her aura, before they were all shorted out.

Just then, more Battle Stations flew in, and fired several more blasts at the shield, breaking through in the process, and striking parts of the Celestial Phoenix, followed by some meteorites, and bombs.

"Oh dear! We've been hit!" Fluttershy whimpered.

"Yeah, so we noticed!" Rainbow groaned.

"Darlings, hold on!" Rarity groaned, as she, Fleur, Sunset, and Starlight struggled to maintain the shield, which doesn't look as if it was going to last much longer.

Button, still blasting some meteors, noticed a cap on one of the control sticks. Taking his chances, Button flipped the cap up, revealing a small red button. Out of impulse, Button pressed the button, which resulted in some missiles to fire out from the sides of the Celestial Phoenix, destroying some of the debris, and Battle Stations in the process.

"Whoa!" Spike exclaimed, as he and everyone looked to Button. "How'd you know to do that?" he asked the nerd.

"I told you, I learned it all from Fox McCloud," Button smiled proudly, to which everyone decided not to question, as they continued their flight to the moon, equipped with the knowledge of the missiles Button had unknowingly discovered.

"Alright!" Pipsqueak cheered. "We made it!"

Soon, the heroes made a quick landing on the moon's surface, before they went out.

"That was too close for comfort," Spike panted heavily.

"Yeah, but it was awesome at the same time," Rainbow cheered. "The tension, the suspense, the adrenaline, I loved it, a lot!"

"I don't!" Fluttershy squeaked, frighteningly, still clinging to a pole for dear life.

"Anyway," Twilight began. "Now all we have to do is find Midnight Castle, and stop the Shadowbolts, and Nightmare Moon once and for all."

Reaching into his cape, Spike pulls out the Fucanglong Box, wincing slightly as it burns through his glove, "Now where would we find a dark, creepy castle on the moon?" Spike asked.

"I'd suggest you look behind you," Scorpan instructed, guiding the heroes' attentions to the said castle.

Author's Note:

Our heroes have made it to the moon. But what dangers await, between them and Midnight Castle? Do they have what it takes to defeat Nightmare Moon, and rescue Princess Luna, and Fleur De Lis's parents? Will the Armor of Heroes be complete? Or are they all sleeping with the fishes?

Stay tuned for the next chapter to find out.

PreviousChapters Next