• Published 11th Jan 2017
  • 17,044 Views, 792 Comments

Dragonfire 🐲 Enter The Dragon Hero 🐲 - Phantom-Dragon



Born in the Year of the Dragon, gifted with a powerful magic called the Dragonfire, Spike Draco fights the forces of evils that threatens to destroy the worlds of his friends and family.

  • ...
25
 792
 17,044

PreviousChapters Next
Flight of the Dragon

[Snap-I've Got The Power]

Early Sunday morning, the sun was rising as Spike was doing some morning exercises with Scorpan, up on the roof, while the girls were sleeping in. It's still early, so not many people were awake. Therefore, it's safe for both uncle and nephew to assume their gargoyle and dragon form respectively.

The two were doing some parkour runs, before they both made tremendous leaps across some gaps between buildings.

Scorpan decided to chew the fat, "So Spike," he began. "How're you and the girls doing?"

"Doing okay, I guess," Spike answered hesitantly.

"Okay?" Scorpan asked, skeptically. "Aren't you enjoying their company?"

"Don't get me wrong uncle," Spike replied. "I like them. They're a lot of fun, they're very nice, and all. It's just.....," Spike stopped for a moment to recall. "I still can't seem to remember everything. The girls were always talking about how I was some kind of Dragon Prince, and that I was a hero to them, and all the ponies back in Equestria, and how I've once been their friend," The two came to a stop, next to a water tower as the dragon continues, "Some of it sounds kinda familiar, but it sounds more like they're referring to someone else, and that's what worries me"

Scorpan flew over and comforted the young dragon, "Do not force yourself to remember Spike," the gargoyle said calmly. "Your memories will return to you in time."

Spike slowly nodded, "I know," he replied sadly.


Training Dimension

After his exercise with Scorpan, Spike was later in the Training Dimension, with Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and Pinkie Pie, while Scorpan was out to train with Spike's posse, who had later arrived. Meanwhile, Fluttershy, Rarity, Twilight, Lyra, and Bon Bon went to work with the creatures and the tatzlewurm in Fluttershy's backpack.


Rainbow Dash

Spike's first training of the day, takes place in a magic room with Rainbow Dash, "What's a dragon when it can't fly?" Rainbow Dash asked, as she and Spike were standing atop a mountain, over an endless sea of clouds. "A downed dragon! That's what!" she answered. "When a dragon is down, it can't get away! Therefore, it's dead meat!"

"Well lucky me," Spike replied in sarcasm. "I can't fly, yet I'm still here."

"You're alive because you can jump good," Dash replied. "Plus, your speed, strength, and skills of the martial arts were all what kept you alive in battles. The hunters who are after your Dragonfire relied solely on their magics. But if you're ever cornered, say on the top of a building, a tree, or something, here's my recommendation for a quick get away." Rainbow inched her head closer to the boy, as she answered, "Fly."

"But I don't have wings," Spike replied.

"That's never stopped you before!" Rainbow replied. "When we first met, you didn't need wings to fly. Not since you've got magic at your disposal."

"I can fly by magic?" Spike gasped, as the first thing that came to mind were the Asian Dragons. "No way!"

"Yes way!" Rainbow chuckled. "But, before you think about jumping off the cliff and go plummeting and crashing through the clouds, there's something you should know first," Rainbow began. "According to Twilight's egghead knowledge, and through Pinkie's translation, the magic of your Dragonfire works in different ways, depending on your emotions."

"How so?"

"Well, think back to the time you were saving your guy friends at Central Park," Rainbow began. "How did you feel, when you were fighting off those punks in dog masks?"

Spike closed his eyes, as he recalled the incident, "That day, when I saw my friends in danger, I was scared to lose them, but determined to save them."

"And how about when your friend Pipsqueak was about to be met with a dagger's end by that gang's leader?" Rainbow inquired. "Or when you first saw Twilight being tortured by Somnambula later on? I'll bet those made you really mad, huh?"

"Of course it did!" Spike replied. "I just couldn't let my friends die like that!" Spike's eyes widen, as he realizes where Rainbow was getting at.

"That's right Spike," Rainbow began, as she jumped around the boy, throwing a couple of playful punches at the boy. "That's how we're going to get you off the ground and into the sky!"

"Okay," Spike smiled. "So what do I need to do?"

Rainbow smiled as she instructed, "First, you close your eyes," Doing as he was told, Spike complied. "Now think of something that's made you really happy. Let the positive feel of that memory flow through your body, and you'll start to feel yourself floating off the ground." Spike, with his eyes still closed, thought long and hard until he finally settled on a happy thought. As he did so, Spike was soon lifted off the ground by an invisible force, "You can fly!!" Rainbow smiled.

Spike opened his eyes and looked to see that he was at least a foot off the ground.

"I can fly?!" He exclaimed excitedly. "I can fly!" With a cheer, Spike kicked his legs and pumped his fist, unintentionally causing him to fly out of control. "Hey!" he exclaimed, rocking and flying in random directions. "How do I steer?"

"Turn your head to the right!" Rainbow instructed. "Turn right!"

Spike did as he was told and made a sharp turn to the right, nearly crashing into a mountain, but he was still going too fast. "How do I slow down?" Spike exclaimed, as he kept flying in circles, nearly crashing into several more mountaintops in range. "In fact, how do I land? How do I stop?" In his state of panic, Spike quickly started to descend to the bottom, "No, wait! I don't mean to go down, now!" As Spike fell through the clouds, he closed his eyes, and felt himself landing on something taken aback at the fluffy texture of the cloud, and the fact that he's on it.

"Whoa," he gasped, rubbing the surface of the cloud a couple of times. "I'm on a cloud?!"

"That's right, Spike," Rainbow answered, having changed in pony form, wings spread out as she slowly descended to Spike's level.

"How's this happening?" Spike asked.

Rainbow pulled up a tuft of cloud as she explains, "From where we come from, all creatures that can fly have the innate ability to stand on clouds. And you're obviously one of those creatures."

"I see," Spike nodded in acknowledgement.

"By the way," Rainbow began. "Just curious. What kind of memory did you choose? Cause after your little air show there, it must be really good."

Spike, hesitant, answered, "It's hard to tell. At first, I was going to think about this time I first got my black belt. But then it just changed to you girls," Rainbow smiled, as Spike continued. "For the past few days, all I could think about was you girls. How fun you are. All of you."

Rainbow Dash smiled, before she felt a tear coming up, "Anyway," Dash began, before Spike could notice. "Let's give flying another go."

Spike looked hesitant, but was willing to keep trying. Concentrating on his happy thought, Spike leaped up, off the clouds, before he became airborne again, still having a few stumbles along the way.

Then, ahead was a stray cloud. Spike braced himself, crashing onto the cloud and did a few spins, before he found himself, standing on the cloud, and surfing through the air.

"Hey," Spike exclaimed. "This feels a lot better." Turning his head, Spike directed the cloud to fly around a mountain, before flying up to the top, and did a 360 spin.

"That's it! You're getting the hang of it!" Rainbow smiled. "Now, kick with your legs. That's how you once did to go fast!"

Doing as he was told, Spike kicked the air with his right foot out, causing himself and the cloud to move at a burst of speed.

"Whoa!" Spike smiled. "This is amazing!"

Rainbow laughed, 'There's the Spike I remember,' she thought, before she flew after him.

Spike was truly having the best time of his life. The wind blowing in his face, the adrenaline, and the rush, it was all he had dreamed of before. Spreading his arms out wide, Spike cheered, "Whooo!! Whooooo-hoooo!!" Unfortunately, Spike was so caught up in the moment, he didn't look where he was going and crashed into the side of a mountain, with the cloud dispersing upon impact.

"Spike!" Rainbow shouted, as she flew to the dragon. "Are you alright?"

"I think so," Spike groaned, rubbing his snout and his head.

Rainbow breathed a sigh of relief, before she pulled up another tuft of clouds, and patted a spot for Spike to sit on, which the dragon complied.

"So whaddya think?" Rainbow began.

"I think it was awesome!!" Spike exclaimed. "The feeling of the wind blowing in my face! The rush! The adrenaline! I loved it! It was like a dream come true!!"

"A dream, eh?" Rainbow inquired. "What kinda dream?"

"Well, it was back when I was a kid. On some occasions, whenever I go to sleep, I'd find myself sitting on clouds, and I would just spread my arms out and fly." Spike's eyes quickly widen in realization. "Or was that just one of my memories?"

"Who knows," Rainbow shrugged, before she looked in nostalgia. "But y'know what this reminds me of?"

"What?"

"The time you and I first met."


Past

It was a boring day of Junior Speedsters Flight Camp, as a young, filly Rainbow Dash and her griffin fledgeling friend, Gilda, were resting on a cloud when something green and purple zipped past them. Surprised, the two looked to see a little dragon flying on a patch of clouds.

"Whoa! Did you see that?" Dash asked her griffon friend.

"Yeah," Gilda replied. "Was that, a dragon just now?"

"Yeah," Rainbow replied. "And he's flying, without wings?!"

"How's that possible?"

"I don't know. Let's go check him out."

With that, the girls flapped their wings, to investigate the mysterious flyer.

The girls tracked him down, into a valley, surrounded by huge mountains, and they watched as the young dragon, flew on his cloud in the shape of what appears to be a board, and doing some tricks with it. The young dragon was flying up to the top of a mountain's peak, before he did an ollie, followed by a kickflip. The dragon flew back down the base, along the mountainside, before pulling up at the last time to do an ariel 360 rotation and breathed fire, creating a remarkable display.

"Wow!" Rainbow exclaimed. "He's awesome!"

"Yeah! Look at him go!" Gilda chirp, before they flapped their wings to meet the dragon.

The young dragon had done a handstand, on a tree, with his cloud, before he flew over, screeching to a stop, just as he nearly crashed into Rainbow Dash and Gilda.

"Whoa!" the dragon exclaimed. "Sorry girls. I didn't see you there."

"No biggie," Rainbow replied casually. "We still managed to see you though. And we just have to ask-"

"How can you fly without wings?" Gilda asked.

"Magic," the dragon replied with confidence.

"Magic?" the girls inquired.

"Yeah, my mom taught it to me. If I think positive, I'm able to fly on my own, until my wings start to grow in. But it's much easier for me to fly on a piece of cloud." As a demonstration, the dragon kicked his leg, propelling himself and his cloud around the air, doing several tricks, before he flew back down to the girls.

"Wow!" they awed in amazement.

"You're awesome!" Gilda exclaimed.

"Thanks." the dragon smiled. "So who might you girls be?"

"Rainbow Dash's the name," Rainbow Dash introduced herself. "Speed's my game."

"And I'm Gilda," Gilda added. "Who might you be?"

"Spike Draco," Spike introduced himself. "At your service."

"Spike Draco?!" Rainbow exclaimed. "As in Prince Spike? The Dragon Prince?!" Spike nodded his head, before Rainbow and Gilda quickly bowed their heads in respect. "Your majesty! Please forgive us for not recognizing you!"

"No hard feelings," Spike replied. "Please, rise up."

Both Rainbow Dash and Gilda complied, just as another griffon popped out from a tree.

"Dragon Prince Spike!" the griffon squealed excitedly, before she tackled the dragon, on his cloud. "I can't believe it's really you!" The griffon let out several giggles of delight as she hugged Spike, tightly.

"Uh, nice to meet you," Spike groaned, escaping form the cheerful griffon's grip. In appearance, the griffon is smaller and younger than Gilda. She has arctic bluish gray feathers and furs from head to tail, ending in a dark azureish gray tuft, matching wings, head colored in cyanish gray feathers with lighter markings, and a white patch under her chin. "Um, who are-"

"Gabriella!" the griffon smiled. "But call me Gabby, 'kay?"

"Okay, Gabby," Spike extended his hand out. "Pleased to meet you."

Gabby let out another excited squeal, as she grabbed Spike by the hand, shaking him violently, "I can't believe I'm actually meeting the Dragon Prince!"

"Yeah, I get that a lot," Spike replied, before Gabby released her grip on him, leaving him in a daze. "So, what brings you here?"

"I need your help!" Gabby exclaimed.


The young griffon brought the trio to a trio of pegasi colts, three whom Spike was very much familiar with. The colts were carrying with them a brownish, plush griffon doll with red buttons for the eyes.

"Those three!"Gabby explained. "They took my favorite doll, and they won't give it back!"

Before Spike could step in, Rainbow Dash interjected, "I'll handle them!" she growled, as she leapt towards the bullies. "Hey Dumb-bell!"

"Well looky here boys," Dumb-bell sneered. "If it isn't Rainbow Crash."

"It's Dash!" Rainbow snarled. "And I suggest you give that doll back, it ain't yours!"

"So? It ain't yours either?!"

"Oh wait," Hoops began. "Don't tell me. You Rainbow Crash, have finally accepted to being a filly?"

"And just what do you mean by that?" Rainbow inquired suspiciously.

"I mean, c'mon Crash!" Dumb-Bell began. "The way you think you're some kind of hotshot. The way you talk. It makes us sick! You think just because you love sports and you can fly fast, it makes you think you can play by colts' rules!"

"You need to remember your place, Crash!" Hoop exclaimed. "You ain't a colt! And if you're looking for a fight, you gotta play by colts' rules! Which you can't, since you're just a girl!!"

"Hey don't talk to her that way!" Spike shouted as he stepped, along with Gilda. "She may be a girl, but she's a girl with a lot of strength and courage! And if you're telling her to act her own gender, then shame on you guys! She's twice the pony, the three of you put together!" Rainbow Dash couldn't help but smile in admiration at the prince's words.

"Well, well, if it isn't Prince Spike," Dumb-bell sneered. "You think just because you're royalty, you can boss everyone around?"

"That's precisely what he is!" Rainbow growled defensively.

"Y'know, he really lives up to his name as 'Dumb-bell,'" Spike joked, which resulted in a fit of laughter between him, Rainbow Dash, Gilda, and Gabby, and quite stupidly, the rest of Dumb-bell's posse.

"He got you good, Dumb-bell!" Score laughed, before he and Hoop were met with a punch to the nose.

"Quiet idiot!" Dumb-bell growled, before he turned to the dragon. "You think you're so funny, eh? Well you wouldn't think it's so funny when my father hears about this!"

"Is that a threat?" Spike asked in a suspicious tone.

"And if I say yes?"

"Oh you asked for it!" Rainbow growled, defending the prince. "Nopony threatens Spike and gets away with it! How about we settle this with a race! My team, against yours! And if we win, then you guys are going to apologize to Spike and give Gabby her doll back!"

"And what happens if we win?" Dumbbell asked, before Hoop whispered a suggestion to him. "Perfect," the colt smirked to his comrade, before he turned back to Dash. "How about this. If we win, then we'll give Gabby her doll back, but then you Crash will have to apologize to Prince Spike for failing him in the race. And to top it off, we'll then have you do a dare for us!"

"What kinda dare?"

"Just lose the race and we'll tell you!"

"Deal!" Dash spit on her hoof, before she shook it with Dumbbell's, who also spit on his hoof. "Tell you what. To raise the stakes higher, I'll also have you do a dare if I win!"

"Fair enough!" Dumbbell spatted. "High noon! Castle of the Two Sisters! Don't be late! Got it?"

"High noon it is!" Dash growled.


Later

"Oh no!" Dash panicked. "What have I done?"

The four were all back in Dash and Gilda's cabin, as the rainbow headed pegasus was having a panic attack.

"What do you mean what you'v done?" Spike asked. "You stood up to a pack of bullies, you challenged them to a race, and you're doing it all for Gabby here."

"And to defend your honor, your highness," Gabby added. "She's also doing it to get those bullies apologize to you."

"That too," Spike replied.

"Um, guys?" Gilda called out to the two, directing their attentions back to the frightened filly.

"What am I going do?" Dash asked. "What if I lose? What kind of dare will I have to endure? I hope it's nothing humiliating that would ruin my life forever!" Dash could only dread at the possible dares the boys would have her do.

"Get a grip on yourself!" Spike slapped the filly back to her senses. "Look Dash. Remember, we're in this race together! And remember what we're doing this for! And if you're going down, then we're all going down together! Understood?" Rainbow nodded her head, as Spike continues. "Besides, as Scorpan once taught me, it ain't over until the fat pony sings."

"YEAH!" a random said pony exclaimed.

"Whoa Nelly!" Gilda exclaimed, before she turned her attention to Spike, who continues lecturing.

"Besides Dash," Spike explains. "The girl I saw back there, it took real courage and real loyalty to truly speak up to those bullies. And up until the end, I want to see that girl again, now and forever!" Spike exclaimed. "So Dash, are you with us?"

With her confidence renewed, Dash smiled and replied, "I'm with ya."

"What's that?" Spike asked. "I can't hear you!"

"I'm with ya!" Dash shouted.

"Pardon?"

"I'M WITH YA!!"

"That's what I want to hear," Spike replied, while rubbing his sore ears. After regaining his composure, Spike exclaimed, "C'mon team! Let's move out!"


Castle of the Two Sisters, High Noon

The time came for the three to begin their race against the bullies. The race will start at the Castle, then it cuts through the Everfree Forest, Ghastly Gorge, Canterlot, and then back up to Cloudsdale.

As both teams took their position, Hoop took the moment to mock, "You're going down, Rainbow Crash!"

"In history perhaps," Dash countered. "See you at the finish line!"

Gabby soon came the scene with a whistle around her neck.

"Take your position," Gabby said, as the teams all got into form. "Ready, set," With a blow of her whistle, Gabby shouted, "GOOOOO!!!!"

Both teams kicked their feet, launching themselves in the air. Well, except for Spike, who started off by running on the ground.


Everfree Forest

Both teams entered the treacherous thickets of the Everfree Forest, braving the dangers of the forest's unexpected traps and horrible monsters.

Rainbow and Gilda both flew together side by side, ducking tree branches, leaping over boulders, and evading snapping jaws of a huge timberwolf, an angry manticore, and a giant spider's web.

Spike, meanwhile, was leaping from tree branches to branches, until he landed on a dead branch and almost landed in a field of Poison Jokes. Fortunately, he quickly grabbed a nearby vine, and swung himself back up, and continues to leap from branches to branches, as he quickly catches up.

"Whoa!" Dash exclaimed. "You jump good!"

"Thanks," Spike panted, before bouncing off another tree branch. "Dash! Low bridge!!"

Rainbow looked up and quickly ducked her head in time, nearly crashing into a tree's branch, "Thanks," she panted, while patting her chest.

Eventually, the three heroes took the lead as they emerged the Everfree Forest, followed by the bullies, who had just escaped with their lives from an angry Ursa Minor.


Ghastly Gorge

Both teams were later entering the Ghastly Gorge. From there, Spike quickly grabbed a puff of clouds and started to surf on it.

The first part they race through was a long windy tunnel, that forced some of the racers back. But they pushed on through.

"I have an idea," Spike exclaimed, as he grabbed onto Rainbow Dash and Gilda, before he turned back, and breathed a jet of fire, rocketing both himself and the girls out of the cave.

"Good thinking there Spike," Gilda exclaimed, before they resumed racing.

Eventually, the boys finally broke through, as they flapped even harder, trying to catch up.

The next leg of the race in the gorge was through a field of cacti. Spike was about to breathe fire, when Rainbow stopped him, "Wait! Don't make it easy for those three!" She said, pointing to the colts who were catching up.

Getting the message, Spike nodded as he and the girls carefully made their way through cacti, careful not to get prick by the thorns. Spike, still in dragon form, flew on his cloud, through cacti, unaffected by the sharp thorns, courtesy of his dragon scales. Dash was leaping, and gliding through the branches, while Gilda flaps her way through, narrowly evading the branches, before one of her wings got caught by one of the cacti's branches.

"Help!" Gilda called, causing Spike and Rainbow to fly back and freeing their friend, before they got out.

Meanwhile, the boys were speeding fast, as they struggled to catch up, "WHOA!!" Dumb-Bell shouted, noticing the cacti, frantically flapping his wings to a complete stop, and breathed a sigh of relief. Unfortunately, Hoops and Score didn't stop in time, and both colts crashed into their leader, forcing him into the cacti. "YOW!!" Dumb-Bell shouted in pain, jumping out, covered in thorns and all, while his two comrades laughed at him.

Meanwhile, the heroes were passing through a nest full of quarry eels, when an avalanche gave way and buried Rainbow Dash in it.

"Help!" Dash shouted, before she was completely buried.

"Dash!" Spike exclaimed, turning his cloud around to help the pegasus.

"Where are you going?" Gilda asked.

"Dash's in trouble!" Spike pointed to the rumbles. "We've got to help her!" Gilda looked and could see a bit of cyan feathers, sticking out of the rocks. Not wasting a second, Gilda flew back, helping to dig her friend out.

The boys soon got through the cacti fields, passed the quarry eels, before they rounded the corner, to see the heroes digging Rainbow Dash out.

"Now's our chance!" Dumb-Bell exclaimed, as he and the boys quickly took the lead.

"Oh no!" Gilda exclaimed. "They passed us!"

Spike, clearly was more concerned with the filly, than the race, "Rainbow," Spike asked. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah," Rainbow coughed. "But why? You could've just left me to win the race."

"Well, as uncle Scorpan once told me, winning together as a team, is more special than winning alone," Spike replied. "Besides, what kind of friend would I be, if I left you to die?"

"Friend?" Dash asked in surprise. "We're really friends?"

"Til the end," Spike smiled, helping the filly up, while Gilda hid her face behind her wings, as she shed a tear.

"Thanks Spike," Dash smiled, before she shifted to a look of determination. "LET'S DO THIS!!"

With that, the heroes flew out of the gorge, catching up to the bullies.


Canterlot

Prince Blueblood was out and about, walking his pet dog, Bunny, a fluffy orange puppy, when both teams were passing through.

"What the Tirek?" Blueblood exclaimed, as he ducked his head down, evading the passing teams.

"Blueblood!" Spike shouted. "Get out of the way!"

Prince Blueblood and Bunny both let out a girlish scream, and broke off running, "Please don't hurt me!" Blublood quickly hit the deck, as Spike flew overhead, followed by Gilda, then Score, who crashed into the prince and sent both of them flying into a cabbage cart, and then a cart of manure.

"My cabbages!" a random pony exclaimed. "You're gonna pay for this!"

Princess Celestia, meanwhile, was standing atop a balcony, looking through a pair of binoculars, munching on some popcorns as she smiled, "Go get 'em, my son."


Cloudsdale

Soon, the three heroes were able to make it pass the remaining bullies, and looked as if they were going to win, when Hoop flew and shoved Rainbow Dash to the side, followed by Dumb-Bell, who pulled Gilda by the tail and both boys sent the two plummeting to the ground, had Spike not build a huge bed of clouds in time.

"Hey!" Dash shouted, as she flapped her wings, after the boys.

"See ya at the finish line, Crash!" Hoop taunted, as he and Dumb-Bell both laughed maniacally.

Rainbow Dash, at this point, pushed herself to the limit, trying to catch up.

"Gilda!" Spike exclaimed. "Give me a boost!"

With that, the griffon grabbed the dragon by his hand, spins him around in a tornado, before she launched him straight towards Rainbow Dash, allowing him to push her forward with extra momentum, and launched her straight past Hoops and Dumb-Bell, breaking the sound barrier in the process, resulting in a Sonic Rainboom.

"Whoa!" Spike gasped in amazement, before he was literally blown away by the phenomenon, while Gilda hangs onto a stray cloud.

"WHOA!!" Dash screamed, as she flew out of control, broke through the finish line and crashed through several puff of clouds, before she flew back towards Cloudsdale.

"Everypony!" an adult pegasus shouted. "The nets!" With that, a team of pegasi quickly pulled out a huge fishnet, spreads it out, catching the young filly, slowing her down to a complete stop.

"We did it," Dash said, before she fainted.

Every pony all applauded for the pegasus's performance, and cheered, "You did it Rainbow Dash! You won!"

"Rainbow Dash won!" Gabby exclaims, while jumping around in a cheerleader's uniform.

"I won?" Dash asked.

"She won?" Hoops and Dumb-Bell asked in outrage.

"We won!!" Gilda cheered, as she tackled Dash into a hug. "We did it Dash! We won!"

"Yeah," Dash panted. "I guess we did. Thanks to Prince Sp-" Dash soon noticed the dragon was nowhere to be seen. "Hey! Where's Prince Spike?" She asked, as every pony all looked around.

"Over here!" Spike waved his hand from a cloud.

"Spike?" Rainbow called. "You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," Spike replied, before he looked to see the weird looks he was receiving. "What?"

"Nothing," Dash smiled nervously. "It's just..."

"Your hair!" Gabby squealed.

"What about it?" In response, Gilda held out a mirror. Spike gasped, seeing his hair, all spread out, and blown back. "My hair!" he exclaimed. "It's-it's-"

"It's not so bad," Gilda smiled.

"Yeah," Rainbow added. "It looks good on you."

"I know," Spike replied. "It's awesome! And I love it!"

Rainbow Dash smiled, before they noticed Hoops and Dumb-Bell landing besides them.

"Alright, alright," Dumb-Bell grumbled. "A deal's a deal." With that, he pulled the doll out from inside a vase nearby. "Here! You can have your stupid doll back!" the colt then turns to face the dragon and bowed. "I'm sorry I threatened you back there, your highness." He hissed at the last part.

"Apology accepted," Spike confirmed, before pointing to Rainbow Dash. "Now, I think Dash's still got a dare with your name on it." The said filly bore an evil grin, with a matching laugh, as she rubbed her hooves together.

"Fine," Dumb-Bell grumbled. "Let's just get it over with!"


"I can't believe we're doing this!" Dumb-Bell complained, while he and his posse were scrubbing pigeon poops off of the Weather Factory, with their tails, while wearing t-shirts that reads "Rainbow Dash is 20% cooler than me."

"Put a cork in it, Dummie," Hoops grumbled. "We're not gonna get this whole place clear of poops, with you whining non-stop!"

"I'm not whining!" Dumb-Bell retorted. "I'm complaining!"

"Shut up you guys," Score grumbled. "Just be glad that you don't have to face charges with Equestria's Council and Supreme Court, for vandalism of cabbages, manure, and a supposed assault on Prince Blueblood."

"Oh, I'm gonna get Crash, one of these days," Dumb-Bell growled. "And after her, that dragon is next."


Meanwhile, the three heroes were seeing Gabby off with her parents.

"Thanks again for getting my dolly back!" Gabby squealed, pulling the three in a tight hug. "You are all amazing!"

"No problem," Gilda groaned, before she, along with the two were released. "I'll see you back in Griffonstone."

"I can't wait!" Gabby squealed, before she turned to Rainbow Dash and Spike. "I hope I'll see all of you again, someday! Especially you, Prince Spike." With that, Gabby bowed her head.

"Just Spike will do," Spike smiled, before he was pounced on by Gabby, and received a lick on the face, much to the surprise of her parents, along with Gilda and Dash's ire and envy.

"Good-bye!" Gabby squealed, before she left with her parents, just as an elderly griffon, with a bald head that resembles a vulture, a blind left eye, and a red fez.

"Gilda!" the cranky griffon called out.

"Oh, it's Grampa Gruff," Gilda got up and flapped. "Bye guys." With that, Gilda dashed off, before she came back and smiled, "So Spike. Since you and I are friends now, be sure to look me up. Y'know, whenever you're in Griffonstone, that is."

"Duly noted," Spike smiled, as Gilda flew off, before she came back and licked him on the nose, and dashes off before Dash got the chance to pummel her.

Spike shook the shock he received from the griffons, as he turned to Rainbow Dash and asked, "You up for a flight?"

Rainbow Dash and Spike were later flying through the air, while enjoying a friendly chat with each other.

"Hey Spike?" Dash began. "I just want to say...." Dash blushed as she tries to find the right words. "That I think you're the coolest guy there ever was."

"Aw shucks," Spike scratched his head in embarrassment. "I think you're cool too."

Dash smiled, before she continued, "I'm really happy I got the chance to meet you. You're an awesome friend. And it ain't because you're a prince, or a dragon."

"Same here," Spike smiled, as he reclines in his cloud. "I'm sure any guy would be a fool to not have a girl like you for friend."

Rainbow Dash smiled, before she leaned in to....

"Spike!" Princess Celestia called from Canterlot, which didn't go unheard for Spike.

"Oh, that's my mom!" Spike shouted, as he started to fly away. "Well, it's nice meeting you Rainbow Dash. Gotta go."

With that, Spike flew off on his cloud, leaving a sadden Rainbow Dash behind, "See ya," Dash replied glumly.


Present

"Wait!" Spike interrupted. "You tried to kiss me, when we were kids?"

"Why not?" Dash inquired. "Gilda and Gabby had their go, so I wanted to take my chance as well."

"And did you ever get another chance to kiss me?" Spike asked.

Rainbow Dash's smile soon shifted to a frown as she answered depressingly, "Never, for ten years." Dash then recalled the traumatic event she witnessed, followed by the miserable years she endured, without Spike.

Spike looked and could see a small tear dropping from Rainbow Dash's eyes.

"Dash, c'mon," Spike said. "Please don't cry on me now."

"I'm not crying," Dash lied. "It's just my allergies," Rainbow looked and could see that Spike wasn't buying it, "Who am I kidding? Of course I'm crying! It's been 20%, no! Make it 90% less cool without you in Equestria! It's been like that for all of us, counting me, for ten years straight! Ten years! Seeing you again, it's like seeing you back from the dead." Dash turned to the boy, exclaiming, "You don't know how much it means for us! How it means to me," Dash whispered at the last part.

Spike looked at the girl in sympathy. Spike thought for a moment, trying to cheer her up. Suddenly, Spike began recalling something long ago. It felt familiar, like someone having sung it to him once. Wanting to give it a shot, Spike took Rainbow by the hoof as he began singing to her a song.

As Spike kept on singing, Rainbow soon joined in as well, brightening her mood, and restoring her spirit as they kept on singing with much passion. Once they've come to the end, Rainbow pulled Spike into a hug, as the tough athlete whispered, "Darn you Spike! Now you've got me all sappy!"

Spike let out a chuckle, smiling as he returned the hug, "Sappy or not, you're still, as you say, 20% cooler in my book."

"And you'll always be 20% cooler to me," With that, Rainbow Dash gave Spike a quick peck on the cheek, causing the boy to turn red, and his eyes to flash a cyan light.

Then, his watch beeped, "Oh, whoops." He said. "How time flies. Well, it's been nice talking to you Rainbow Dash! But gotta go."

With that, Spike got on a puff of cloud, kicked off from the mountainside, and flew off to the exit, leaving behind a much happier Rainbow Dash.

"Finally!" she smiled, satisfied with her kiss.

Author's Note:

Published at 9:18 AM.

Spike's tricks on the clouds are based off of Skateboarding tricks here.

By the way, what kind of dog is Bunny anyway?

And for the record of SpikexGilda, I blame this!

PreviousChapters Next