• Published 11th Jan 2017
  • 17,044 Views, 792 Comments

Dragonfire 🐲 Enter The Dragon Hero 🐲 - Phantom-Dragon



Born in the Year of the Dragon, gifted with a powerful magic called the Dragonfire, Spike Draco fights the forces of evils that threatens to destroy the worlds of his friends and family.

  • ...
25
 792
 17,044

PreviousChapters Next
The Dragon and the Changeling

Somnambula laid there in shock to see her staff, the very thing she held on to since the day Starswirl gave it to her, sliced in half.

As she was reeling from this, Fear uses this to give her the killing blow until he hears something. He turns to see what it is and spots a hoard of monkeys rushing to save their mistress. With an evil smile, Fear brings out a glowing green rock and hurls it at them, unleashing a green mist that turns them all into stone. As he turns back around, he sees Somnambula with a one half of her staff and charging up whatever magic it has left at him, with pure rage in her eyes. With quick reflexes, Fear rushed towards her and used his gauntlet to block the staff.

There was a large explosion that sent Somnambula flying and lands face first on the ground. As she gets up, she sees the other half of the staff and tries to reach for it, only for Fear to grab it and using the ruby in the gauntlet, set it ablaze until it was nothing but ashes. He then heads over to Somnambula and kicks her over where he then slams his foot on her right shoulder. Somnambula grits her teeth in pain as the sharp end of his cleats begin to sink into her.

"What's wrong Somnambula? You relied on that walking stick of yours for so long that forgot how to actually fight?!" Fear said as he starts twisting his foot around a little.

This lit a fire in her, as she grabbed his leg and manages to throw him off, much to his shock. She quickly gets up and starts kicking him which Fear manages to block using his scythe.

Meanwhile, the minotaur gave his griffon friend a small veil of elixer.

"How you feeling Geoff?" The minotaur asked.

"Better Minos." Geoff replied, "I still can't believe my naginata didn't even scratched the bastard."

"He must have a tough hide or something," Minos began, "We need a plan. Fighting him head on doesn't seem to be wor-"

As Minos says that however, Bone Cruncher jumps out of the water and grabs Geoff by the teeth. Bone then starts to sink his teeth into his midsection, bringing great pain to the griffon.

"AAAAAAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!" Geoff screamed in pain as Bone flails him around.

"Hang on Geoff!" Thinking fast, Minos charges at Bone Cruncher. Slamming into him and causing him to spit Geoff out in the process.

Bone turns towards the minotaur with anger in his eyes, "I'm gonna make hamburgers out ya for that Heffer!" He said, wiping his mouth.

Minos went into a fighting stance and punches Bone multiple times. The metahuman however, doesn't seem fazed by this, much to Minos's horror.

Bone was giving the minotaur a deadpan expression, "Ya done?" With a gulp, Minos nodded, "Good, cause now it's my turn." He said with a smirk. With that, he punches the minotaur right in the gut, causing Minos to puke out the hayburger he had earlier. Bone then whips his tail to Minos's side, Bone then grabs him by the shoulder, headbutts him, steps on his foot, and slams his fist right into Minos's face, breaking off his left horn and sending him flying, landing near his griffon friend.

Geoff crawls over to Minos, unable to move his hindlegs, "M-Minos...?" The griffon called out, but the minotaur was unresponsive. Geoff then sees Bone Cruncher standing over them.

"Mmmm, fresh meat." He said with a lick from his lips. Just then, a gunshot was heard and an ice bullet hits Bone in the mouth, freezing the lower part of his jaw.

Back with Somnambula and Fear, the twisted metahuman has her on the defensive as she was dodging what ever Fear through at her. She attempts to fly around him, but Fear grabs her by the leg and slams her against the wall. Twice. He then throws her on the ground.

"You were once the Pillar of Hope," Fear began as he circled around her, "You bested sphinxes, Sirens, garudas, and other threats of Equestria. People once looked up to you. Yet look at you now Somnambula, you became a shadow of your former self. You gave into corruption, ruined many lives, nearly flooded an entire world in some insane attempt to get the Dragonfire, I could go on but I think you get the picture."

"You think I don't know that..." Somnambula said through gritted teeth. She then looks up to him, "If your going to kill me Fear, then just shut up and do it."

Fear shrugs at this and then raises his scythe. But as he was about to bring it down, there was a loud explosion and his brother crashes near them.

"Gyah, son of a bitch." Bone growled.

"Bone what happened? Did Hatshepsut's flunkies did this to you?" Fear asked his brother.

"No," Bone answered as he struggled to get up, "It was him." He pointed at a figure from the large hole Bone went through.

Fear takes a closer look at the figure and instantly recognizes him, "You!" He said with venom.

"Neglected on the contingency we'd meet again, metahuman?" Joe asked, before he snaps his fingers. Fear looks up to see an army of Shadowbolts all around him.

"Now then," Joe began, "Will you come with us quietly now?"

The reaction he and the rest of the Shadowbolts received was not what they expected as Fear began to chuckle darkly.

"Hey!" One of the Shadowbolts yelled, "What's so funny?!"

"Oh nothing. It's just you all walked right into my trap." Fear then brings out what looks like a purple crystal rod, which starts to glow, "Hook. Line. And sinker."

Just then, all the marks on the Shadowbolt's hands began to glow and they all began to feel a burning pain from it. Suddenly, one of the ninjas vanish in a flash of light. Then another and another, until there was a big flash of light that nearly blinded Joe. After regaining his eyesight, he looks around to see that there's no one around but him and Fear.


Chicago, Illinois

A Shadowbolt land right in the middle of the road. She gets up to see where she is until she is nearly ran over by a car.

"Watch where your going you broad!!!" The driver yelled who then gives her the bird.


Venice, Italy

Sly 3 Soundtrack - Venice Theme

A young couple was on one of the Gondoliers, sailing through the Grand Canal. Until there was a flash of light, followed by a scream, and then a splash.

The couple looks around to see what that came, until a young man wearing a strange suit arose up gasping for on the right of their boat.

"Hey, got room for one more?" He asked. They nodded and helped him get on the boat.


Hollywood, California

In a flash of light, a Shadowbolt appears in what looks like a dressing room. Suddenly, a woman bursts into the room.

"There you are!" She yelled, "We've been looking everywhere for you! Come on, you're on at five."

"Hey wait a minute-" Was all the Shadowbolt could say before he was dragged out of the dressing room.


The Alps

At a lodge, people were enjoying themselves by the fire and drinking some hot cocoa after a long day of skiing. That is until they hear a knock at the door, one of them answers it and it shows a Shadowbolt freezing her butt off.


Disneyworld

"For the last time, I'm not a disney villain." Said a Shadowbolt in an annoyed tone.

"So are you a Marvel or a Star Wars villain then?" Asked one of the kids surrounding her asked. The Shadowbolt facepalms.


Back with Joe and Fear Haunter, the two were staring down at each other until Fear spoke up, "So, here's how this is going to work. Your going to let me and my brother Bone walk out of here. No tracking potions this time either."

"And what makes you think I would agree to such terms." Joe asked.

Fear smiles, "I'm glad you asked." And just as he said that, Bone Cruncher appears, holding Somnambula by the head, "If you don't let us go, my brother will crush her head like a tomato." As if on cue, Bone begins to squeeze Somnambula who in turn screams in pain.

After a minute, Joe finally relents, "Alright that's enough!" Bone then tosses the pegasus his way.

Fear looks at her, "I was going to kill you but I think that would be a little too generous."

Somnambula weakly looks up to him, "You...won t-this round Fear, but don't think this is over."

"On the contrary my dear, this is only the beginning." Fear said placing a hand on his brother's shoulder and proceeds to turn both of them into smoke. The sounds of their laughter was echoed across the sewer.

Joe helped Somnambula up, "I told you to be-"

"Shut up Joe, I don't even want to hear it right now." She hissed.

"Mistress.." They both turn to see the chimera beaten and bruised. She had a worry look on all three of her faces.

"Carrie? what's wrong?"


"Minos, come on man! Get up! Please..." Geoff yelled, shaking his minotaur friend.

"Geoff?" He heard someone saying his name. He turns to see Somnambula, Carrie and Joe heading his direction.

"Mistress, It's Minos! He's not waking up! He's not breathing!!!!!!" Geoff said frantically, on the verge of tears.

"Let me see." Joe said as he checked the minotaur. After a couple of minutes of checking his vitals, he said, "Good news is he's not dead. Bad news is he will be unless we get him to a hospital, fast."

As Carrie picked Minos up, she noticed Geoff unable to get up, "Geoff are you ok?" She asked.

"I-I don't know, I can't fell my hindlegs." He replied.

She uses her snake head to wrap the griffon around and places him on her back.

As Carrie took her injured comrades away, Joe stood by himself as he disappears into the shadows.

In the meantime, Somnambula sat down on the floor, sulking over her failure. Not only did Fear slipped through their grasp yet again, but her staff is now destroyed, her monkeys are turned to stone, and her squad is probably going to be out of commission for a good while. Sensing a presence, the pegasus sorceress turned her head to see Princess Luna and Spike, both blue and transparent.

“Your highness,” Somnambula frowned. “I’m afraid I have terrible news for you.”


The Next Day At Twilight's Castle

“Are you kidding me?!” Rainbow Dash shouted. “All that, and they still haven’t captured Fear and his accomplice?!!”

"Afraid so Rainbow." Spike sighed as he explained everything that happened. Around him are the knights, element bearers, Sunset, Starlight, Celaeno and Capper. All of whom are at Twilight's throne room, "As long as Fear has that rod on him, the Shadowbolts are forced to call off the search."

"Honestly I'm not surprised." Rumble said. This earned him a glare from almost everyone in the room, "What?! We all thought about it, I just said it."

"However," Spike continued as everyone turned their attention back to him, "At least we do know who his accomplice is now. A crocodile-like metahuman named Bone Cruncher who's also Fear's brother."

"Fear has a brother?!" Featherweight exclaimed.

"Great, now we have two psychopathic freakazoids to look out for." Rainbow grumbled.

"The Demaughra Gauntlet..." Celaeno began, "I've heard many tales of woe about it but I never thought it actually existed."

"Either way, we have to stay on guard." The Dragon Prince said.


Later

Since that awful news that the Shadowbolts have failed to capture Fear, the heroes were on high alert than usual. Twilight, Sunset, together with Starlight, continued to work together on finding some useful spells and magical artifacts that can help them in their next combat, should they ever run into Fear and Bone again.

Rainbow Dash and Applejack were pushing themselves pass their limits, sprinting and flying faster than they've ever been before, while sparring vigorously to further sharpen their reflexes. Pinkie Pie continues to be the team's cheerleader, and party-planner, giving her friends and comrades some moments of reliefs. Rarity continues running her businesses, though at the same time, she is just as vigilant as the rest of her friends.

Fluttershy was more than cautious than she usually is. The timid girl wants nothing more than to keep her animals and creatures safe. After the disappearance of her favorite professor, she felt the drive to care for her creatures more than usual.

Capper has also decide to do his part as well. While he may no longer work for the Vermin Cartel, he still knows some 'certain people', as he puts it, who's been around the block a few times, hoping to know where the brothers might be hiding.

And lastly, Spike and the Knights have all started doing patrols around the city.


Spike was in dragon mode, perched on the rooftops of a building, overlooking all of New York City.

"Yo, Spike? Do you copy?" Button sounded through a mic the dragon was wearing. "Spike? Over."

"I hear ya, Button," Spike replied. "What's up?"

"Look man, I'm sorry to say this, but I gotta go. If mom catches me out of bed again, then she is gonna be on me like 5-Volt on 9-Volt."

"Same here," Rumble sounded. "I have a big game tomorrow. And I need to be at my best."

"Uh, Spike?" Tender began.

"Yeah, yeah, I know," Spike sighed. "You're excused as well, Tender. Feather? Pip? What about you guys?"

"Featherweight's already turned in for the night," Pipsqueak replied. "But me and Captain Celaeno will keep up the search. We're combing the Hudson River. If Fear and his brother try to get us, we'll be ready for them."

"Okay then, be careful," Spike replied, before he turned to the other Knights. "The rest of you, take a break."

"Goodnight," The other Knights all said, before they turned their mic off.

Spike was left alone on his perch, feeling confused and unsure of himself, "Uncle Scorpan?" He talked to himself. "What am I going to do? I wish you're still here Unc. Before, when it was just the two of us, you always seem to have an answer or two for me."

“Hey! Spike!” A voice called, startling the dragon from his brooding.

He turned his head, to see the changeling, Thorax walking up to him.

“Sorry. Did I interrupt you from one of your trance, or something?” The changeling apologized nervously.

“Well, you kinda made my lost my connection from Peewee, so that’s something,” Spike replied.

“Oh, sorry.” Thorax frowned. “Then I guess I should be out of your hair then.”

“It’s fine. What do you need, Thor? Is there a problem?”

“No actually, I...."The changeling faltered, before he finally relented. "Yeah okay. I’m just....I’m just not feeling like I’ve been much help for you and our friends.”

"What? What are you talking about Thorax?" Spike asked. "You've been a big help. You're our spy. You're the master of disguise."

“That’s all I over do! Disguise this, disguise that, spy on this, spy on that, and I’m hardly ever noticed! You guys even forgot about me a lot of times!”

Spike instantly looked ashamed of himself, at what the changeling had said to him, “Oh. Geez, I’m sorry we made you feel that way, Thor.”

“No, I’m the one who should be sorry. You’ve had a lot on your mind. I should’ve known how stressful it is, being the Dragon Prince and everything.”

"Tell me about it brother," The young dragon sighed, as he patted a spot for the changeling to sit beside him. "So much responsibility, so many bad guys on the loose, and all at once in two worlds." Spike sighed miserably, as he looked up to the night, staring at the stars. "Being a hero, a friend, making up for lost times, and being the perfect son is never easy. I guess I'm still more human than a dragon. Maybe I never should've thrown myself into that lightning bolt."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa let's not get carried away there!" Thorax exclaimed. "If it weren't for you, then your mom would never have survived. You sacrificed yourself just to save her! No son would ever risk that much! And you were only five!"

Losing his hold over his powers, Spike slowly reverted back to his human form, "Five," He reaches up to touch the spot on his head, "And just one hit to live ten years as human. Ten years to leave my friends behind. And ten years...."

"Yeah, I'm sorry I brought this up to you," The changeling apologized, as his wings started to buzz into action. "I guess I should go now."

Turning his attention back at the sulking changeling, Spike suddenly sprang in his direction, "Yo, Thorax! Hold it!" The boy shouted, jumping off the ceiling, and forgetting he wasn't in dragon form. "WHOA!!!"

"WHOA!!!" Reacting fast, Thorax grabbed Spike by the jacket, and hovered him back up to the building. "You're not in dragon mode, remember? You can't fly unless you sprouted wings, or think happy thoughts and levitate yourself."

"Hehe, sorry about that," The young prince chuckled sheepishly, when an idea came to him. “Hey, I know! How would you like to become an official Knight of Equestria?”

“Me? Really?!” Thorax asked excitedly.

“Oh sure. The boys made Terramar a part of the gang. I mean, even Capper’s a Knight! So it’s only fair we included you in the group. So what do you say?”

Thorax stammered, completely at a loss for words, until he manages to find his voice and said, “I’d be honored!“ He smiled. “So, does this mean I get my own Armor of Heroes, like how the Five Guys each have their own piece to represent?”

Spike chuckled, “I don't think that's how it works, Thorax. But I think we'll figure something out.”

"This is so great!" Thorax buzzed happily. "So what's the first thing I should do?"

"Uh, how about you start by kneeling down on one leg?"

"Um, which one, left or right?"

"Either one, it doesn't matter," Thorax complied, as Spike reached into his cape and brandished a sword. "I've never actually done this before, but..." Spike cleared his throat, before he pronounced, "I dub thee, Sir Thorax! Knight of Masquerade!"

"Oh wow, this is so awesome!" The changeling buzzed. "So, what's my first assignment now as a knight?"

"How about you start with assisting me in patrolling the city?" Spike suggested. "There's no rest for evil, and a dragon's job is never done."

"Yes sir!" Thorax saluted.

"And don't call me sir."

"Sorry Spike."

Focusing into his powers again, Spike once more went dragon up as he and Thorax fly around New York City.

PreviousChapters Next