• Published 11th Jan 2017
  • 17,044 Views, 792 Comments

Dragonfire 🐲 Enter The Dragon Hero 🐲 - Phantom-Dragon



Born in the Year of the Dragon, gifted with a powerful magic called the Dragonfire, Spike Draco fights the forces of evils that threatens to destroy the worlds of his friends and family.

  • ...
25
 792
 17,044

PreviousChapters Next
Spike and the Crystal Prep Shadows - Lemon Zest

One day at a mall, Spike was a Starbucks cafe, where he was happily sipping a cup of Ultra Caramel Frappuccino.

β€œMmm-mmm!” Spike said to himself with satisfactory. β€œThat hit the spot.”

Just then, his ears perked up to the sound of Sunset Shimmer singing, followed by the rest of the girls.

β€œHuh? What? Girls?” Spike asked, looking around before he sets his sight on a TV screen that was hanging above him.

Spike’s eyes widened to see, not just Sunset and the Elements of Harmony Bearers, but also the Crystal Prep Shadowbolts, singing and dancing in a music video.

[Dance Magic]

β€œWow,” Spike marveled, watching the whole video to the end.

Just then, Lemon Zest was passing by when she noticed Spike, β€œYo! Spike!” She exclaimed.

Spike turned around to meet the girl, "Oh, hi Lemon," He greeted.

Lemon Zest walked over to take a seat next to Spike, looking up to see what Spike just watched before it moved to the next music video, "I see you've got a good look out our new music video," She noted. "So whaddya think? Is it good? Or is it good?"

"I'd give it a 5/5 for you and the girls," Spike commented. "How did you Shadowbolts and the Rainbooms get together to make this video is the real question."

Lemon chuckled, "Well you see, it all started when Principal Cadence announced that we'll be having a dance party on a yacht, if we raised enough money. Which is kind of a coincidence when the Rainbooms were helping that Wallflower Blush friend of theirs in raising the money to save Camp Everfree and what not. So we kinda pinched in and worked together and....BOOM!!" Lemon exclaimed, referring to the music video that was being played on the TV screen.

Spike blinked for awhile, still finding it hard to believe, "You girls and the Rainbooms, worked together?"

"Yeah! I mean, why's that so hard to believe?" Lemon asked.

"Don't get me wrong, Lemon," Spike replied, taking a quick sip from his cup. "I just wished I was there to see it, to believe it. Knowing you girls, you normally don't get along so well. Always at each other's throats and all."

"Hey, I thought we were past that," Lemon spoke. "I mean, yeah, we're friends now. But it doesn't hurt that we've had some friendly competitions from time to time. But sometimes, when we both have a common goal, we manage to put aside our differences and work together."

"After seeing how synced you girls are, I can believe that," Spike agreed.

"Well, enough about us," Lemon began. "You got any game plans going on later this afternoon, dude?"

"Not really," Spike replied.

"In that case, why don't ya join me?" Lemon beamed cheerfully. "I was on my way to get some rad new musics, so I could use some company. What do ya say dude?"

Spike scratched his chin as he pondered, "I don't know. I wouldn't want to impose."

"Oh c'mon dude! Who says you're imposing? Just think of this as a chance for us to finally get to know each other! It's the least I can do after....after our checkered past together," Lemon said glumly at the last part.

Spike frowned, recalling their past confrontations, starting from when he was refreshing on his dragon power.The Shadowbolts Strike

'I try to block out the memories,' Spike grumbled mentally. Turning to Lemon, sensing a genuine feeling guilt and longing for amends from the girl, Spike shrugged, "Well, seeing as how you girls have helped me and my friends out a lot from time to time, how can I say no?" He asked.

"You mean, you're game?!" Lemon asked, hopefully.

"Did my aunt Luna and mother Celestia ever make amends together?"

"Cool!" With a burst of energy, Lemon grabbed Spike by the hand as she eagerly dragged the boy away.


Later, the two were at a music store, where Spike was checking out the latest CDs, while Lemon was over at a music sampler, test listening to some new beats, specifically under the categories of rock musics.

'She's wild, loud, but a lot of fun,' Spike thought in admiration. 'Just like Pinkie Pie.' Spike resumed looking back at the CD shelves, when his hand suddenly touched another, "Oh, sorry!" He apologized, turning to the owner.

"No, I am sorry," The person spoke, before she gasped. "Oh, hi Spike!"

"Hey yourself, Wallfower," Spike grinned. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm just here for some music," Wallflower blushed, twirling her hair bashfully. "Don't suppose you know where I could find some calming musics, do you?"

Spike scratched his chin, looking around the store with Wallflower following before he found what they were looking for, "Ah, here we are!" Spike picked up a CD of the said musics. "Is this what you're looking for?" He asked.

"Mm-hmm," Wallflower nodded in confirmation before she accepted the CD, while touching his hand momentarily, blushing upon contact.

"Hey Spike!" Lemon called out, grabbing the boy by the shoulder. "Dude, you've gotta hear this!" Without hearing a second opinion, she plopped a set of headphone on Spike's ears as he listened to some sample rock musics.

While the music wasn't too earsplitting, it was still loud enough to overwhelm Spike's sensitive hearing. Though, not to look rude in front of Lemon, he endured the best he could before he finally had enough.

"So, what do you think?" Lemon asked.

Spike was rubbing his sore ears, until his hearings returned, "It's loud alright," Spike commented. 'Earsplitting is more like it,' He thought.

"I know right, dude?" Lemon shouted, before she dons the headphone back on and continues jamming to the beat.

Spike turned to Wallflower, "Sorry about her, Flower," Spike apologized on Lemon's behalf. "She's a real party animal alright."

"Oh that's okay, Spike," Wallflower replied. "I'm just sorry if you suffered some hearing loss."

"It's fine, I'll live," Spike reassured her, before he rejoined Lemon. "Well, I better get going. See ya around."

"Bye," Wallflower waved, blushing when she thinks he wasn't looking.


Spike and Lemon were later walking out of the shop, with their newly purchased CDs, eager to find something else to do while the day was still young.

Lemon was wearing her headphones again, listening to some more of her rock musics, rocking and jamming, making obnoxious cries and cheers as she does so.

Spike looked around, trying to find something else he and Lemon could do.

"Mommy! Mommy look! It's that girl from the music video!" A little girl's voice shouted, in which Spike turned around to see a little girl, holding a notepad and a pen, running up to him and Lemon, while dragging her mother behind.

"Hey Lemon!" Spike nudged the rocker girl's shoulder, snapping her back to reality. "You got a fan!"

Lemon looked down to see the eager girl in front of her, "Oh, hi there!" Lemon smiled, bending down to the little girl's level.

"Hi!" The girl beamed. "I saw your music video! It was awesome! Can I have your autograph? Please?"

"Of course!" Lemon took the pen and notepad as she signs away. "There ya go, lil dudette!"

Out of joy, the little girl burst out screaming in a high-pitch voice, which Spike and Lemon both covered their ears, "Huge fan that one," Spike commented, which Lemon nodded to in agreement. Before long, the two were surrounded by a whole mob of fans, taking pictures of Lemon Zest, while a few were asking for her autographs. Snips and Snails included.

"Lemon Zest!!" The two goofy boys shouted. "Hi! We're like your biggest fans!" To show for it, the boys stood, wearing T-Shirts with Lemon Zest's pictures on the fronts.

"Oh, cool, dudes," Lemon replied, while still being overwhelmed by the flashes from the cameras. "Spike! Little help here?"

Reaching into an inner pocket of his jacket, Spike pulled out a smoke bomb, which he threw down to the floor, cloaking their escape, "Hurry Lemon! This way!" Spike barked, having transfigured himself into a dog as he guided the rocker girl away.

Meanwhile, after the smoke cleared away, "Darn it!" Snails grumbled. "She got away! And with Spike of all guys!"

"Eh, who cares," Snips replied, holding up his phone. "Look what I got," Snips grinned deviously, showing he managed to snap a picture of Lemon Zest, below her skirt.

"Oh yeah!" The boys grinned, finding a private corner to indulge themselves to some panty shots of the rocker girl, only to their dismay, there was a flash of green light, obscuring the picture, and a purple puppy dog was in the way of the camera.

"What the hell?!" Snips exclaimed, scrolling through the pictures to see more of the dog, making faces at them, grinning trollishly, even doing a duck face impression. "Where'd that dog come from?!"

"He ruined our opportunity!" Snails moaned.


Spike and Lemon were hiding, outside of the mall, catching their breathes, in Central Park, "I think we lost them," Spike panted heavily.

"I hope so," Lemon replied, before she scratched Spike behind the ears. "Thanks Spike. You're really tight, dawg!"

"Oh yeah," Spike agreed, while enjoying the sensational feeling he was getting from the girl.

Lemon giggled as she continues to scratch him, from behind the ear, down to his chin, and finally to his stomach, causing the boy-turned-dog to wag his tail excitedly, while kicking his legs out repeatedly.

"Aw, you're so cute when you're a good dog," Lemon smiled as she played with Spike more.

"Oh yeah?" In a flash of green fire, Spike changes back into his human form as he pounces Lemon on her back. "Let's see if you're any cuter." With that, Spike started tickling Lemon along the neck, the chin, and the stomach, and succeeded in triggering a fit of laughter from the girl. "Wow, you're even more adorable when you're laughing," Spike smiled.

"Okay, okay, you got me!" Lemon giggled, breathlessly. "Please, let me go!"

"Aw, but I want to hear you laugh some more," Spike replied, before he was attacked by some hands, tickling him along the neck. "Hey! What are you-"

Before long, the two teenagers were rolling around in the grass, laughing like little kids tangled up in their tickle battle.


Later, after their laughter was done, Spike and Lemon were walking down in Time Square, before Lemon took him to a karaoke shop.

Once inside, the two were inside a booth where Lemon was scrolling through the songs, until she finally makes her pick. Holding the microphone up to her mouth, Lemon listened to the sound of drumbeats, starting up the tempo of the song, together with the countdown, and the lyrics began.

[Set it All Free - Scarlett Johansson]

As Lemon sang the song, she sounded as if though the song was made for her. Even Spike couldn't help but bop his head to the beat of the song, shaking his arms wildly, feeling the music and Lemon's voice taking hold of him.

After awhile of singing, Lemon gave the microphone to Spike, β€œYour turn, Spike-o!” She said.

With that, Spike took the stage, browsing through the playlists until he selects the song he’s interested in and sang.

[Sonus - Fascination]

As Spike sang the whole song, Lemon looked impressed, bopping her head up and down to the rhythm of the music, while enchanted by his voice.

β€˜He’s really good, for a dragon,’ She thought. When Spike came to the end of his song, Lemon ran up to him, β€œWow dude!” She exclaimed. β€œYou sing better than you can fight!”

β€œBack at ya,” Spike returned the compliment. β€œI thought for sure I just witnessed the birth of a new rock star there.”

Lemon blushed, β€œOh Spike,” She giggled.


Later, both Spike and Lemon were outside an ice cream shop, enjoying themselves to a huge bowl of sundae they were sharing together.

β€œMm-mmm,” Spike smiled, enjoying the ice cream he and Lemon were having. β€œDelicious~!”

β€œHere Spike,” Lemon offered a scoop of chocolate for him. β€œHave some.”

Seeing where this is going, Spike also took a scoop of chocolate ice cream in his spoon as well, and held it out for Lemon. With that, the two young teenagers both fed each other their ice creams.

β€œYummy~!”

Lemon instantly perked up, β€œHey! This calls for a selfie!” She declared.

β€œAlright,” Spike agreed as he walked over, next to Lemon, smiling as the rocker girl pressed the button on her phone, taking their picture together.

β€œNow there’s a keeper!” Lemon smiled, before she texted a copy to Spike. Soon, both she and Spike went back to eating their sundae. β€œHey Spike?” Lemon began.

β€œYeah, Lemon?”

β€œThank you....for giving me another chance.”

β€œEh, I’d do the same for auntie,” Spike shrugged. β€œBesides, think of it as my way of thanking you and others. So now we’re even.”

Lemon smiled, β€œYou’re awesome dude. I don’t know why we’d ever want to....” Lemon quickly stopped, realizing what she was about to say. β€˜Way to go, doofus!’ She berated herself.

Sensing some negativity from Lemon, Spike replied, β€œJust forget it, Lemon. It’s all waters under the bridge now.”

β€œYeah...waters under the bridge,” Lemon muttered shamefully. β€œBut still, I’m really sorry with way we acted back then, so I don't expect you to fully forgive us or anything. But..." Working up the courage, Lemon walked over to Spike and hugged him. "Thank you, dude."

Spike felt his heart beating faster, from the feel of Lemon's arms wrapping around his shoulders, holding him close. Once again, Spike felt the sincere feeling of passion and guilt flowing off of Lemon and washing over him. Wrapping his arms around Lemon, carefully stroking her hair along the back, he wraps himself and Lemon in a warm, comforting aura.

Feeling the heavy load being lifted from her heart, Lemon smiled, nuzzling closer against Spike's cheek, a single tear dripping from her eyes, "Darn it," Lemon said quietly. "I can't let go."


"Thanks for this fun day, Lemon," Spike said, after he walked Lemon home that night. "I'm glad we finally got the chance to bond for a bit."

"No problem," Lemon replied as she walks up the stairs to her door. "You were a lot of fun, dude. We should do this again sometimes."

"I'd like that," Spike smiled. "Well, until then. Good night," Spike was about to walk away when Lemon stopped him.

"Wait a minute, Spike!" She called.

"Yes, Lemon?" Next thing Spike knew, he received a kiss on the cheek from Lemon, catching him by surprise.

"A little something to remember me by," Lemon blushed, before she walked up the stairs. "Later dude," She waved to Spike, before she disappears behind the doors.

Snapping out of his trance, Spike touched the spot where Lemon kissed him, and smiled to himself, 'She's alright,' He thought as he makes his way home.

[Sunglasses Kid - Can't Hide (feat. Miranda Carey)]

Author's Note:

At Omnifox’s suggestion, the Crystal Prep Shadowbolts are next.

And through a version of Eeny, meeny, miny, moe, Lemon Zest gets to go first.

Now, who's next?

1. Sunny Flare: 0
2. Indigo Zap: 0
3. Sugarcoat: 0
4. Sour Sweet: 0
5. Lemon Zest: 1

PreviousChapters Next