• Published 11th Jan 2017
  • 17,012 Views, 792 Comments

Dragonfire 🐲 Enter The Dragon Hero 🐲 - Phantom-Dragon



Born in the Year of the Dragon, gifted with a powerful magic called the Dragonfire, Spike Draco fights the forces of evils that threatens to destroy the worlds of his friends and family.

  • ...
25
 792
 17,012

PreviousChapters Next
Super Spike's Pizza Run

It was a beautiful Saturday morning. Spike was once again, staying over in New York, at his apartment.

The boy was up on the rooftop of the building, together with Peewee. Both boys were doing some morning exercises. Spike was doing some stretches with his arms and legs, while Peewee was mimicking his owner's movements.

Soon after the stretches were done, the two boys went back to their room, where they both enjoyed themselves to plates of pancakes, and apples.

Afterwards, Spike dons himself up a red and white jacket, with an image of a slice of pizza on the back, below the words "Mario's Pizzeria & Pasta."

The occasion is quite clear. Spike had successfully applied himself a job, at the jacket’s namesake, on the back. And today's his first day on the job.

For the past weeks or so, things have been quiet in both New York, and Equestria. Not that Spike and his friends didn't like it, as it gave them all the chance to enjoy their lives.

Twilight was visiting a university in Canterlot, with Sunset and Starlight, to give a lecture on the magic of friendship. Fluttershy was relaxing in her hut, at the edge of the Everfree Forest, with her animals. Applejack was making some apple deliveries with her family, across Equestria. Rarity was visiting Canterlot to check up on her boutique in the said capital of Equestria. Pinkie Pie was throwing a party for some little fillies. Lastly, Rainbow Dash was on a camping trip with Scootaloo.

The Knights were also doing their own things as well. Button Mash was assisting in some community services with Sweetie Belle, who is still serving her sentence. Featherweight was scoping for some big news, with his cousin, Pipsqueak. Rumble was hanging out with his brother, Thunderlane. Tender Taps was practicing his dance routine for a recital coming up.

Furthermore, Fleur was taking some times to catch up with her long-lost parents. The renegade Shadowbolts, now renamed the Crystal Prep Shadows, are currently doing community services in Equestria, together with their fellow reformed Shadowbolts, and Princess Luna. Gilda and Gabby returned to Griffonstone to help with some repairs. Dragon Lord Ember returned to Dracasia, where she and her imperial army were greeted with a hero's welcome. Mina went back to Dragon Town, together with her uncle Mako.

Neira returned to the Frozen North, with Prince Edgar. Princess Skystar is still enjoying her time in Ponyville, all the while swimming inside her magic floating bubble. Trixie is putting on a magic show in Central Park. Lyra Heartstrings and Sweetie Drops finally had some alone times to attend to some "personal" business. Daring Do was off to explore the world once more, seeking valuable treasures, and thwarting money grubbing crooks, such as Dr. Caballeron. Lastly, Captain Celaeno was spending most of her lonely days at the Castle of Friendship. Though the anthro parrot pirate still gets visit from the ponies, considering how she did took part in the defeat, and reformation, of the Shadowbolts, it's still not enough to fill the hole in her heart, where her hearty band of pirates used to fill.

Now back with Spike, the Dragon Prince finishes up his uniform, before heading toward out the door.

“See ya, Peewee,” he called, turning to face the bird. “Be a good phoenix! And don’t get into trouble!”

Peewee squawks in response, as Spike closes the door completely. Looking around, making sure he was completely alone, Peewee quickly flaps his wings for the nearby movie sets, and pulls out a movie with the title Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole.


Mario's Pizzeria & Pasta

After several runs on the roofs, Spike arrived at the restaurant, just in time.

"Spike Draco! Ello!" an Italian man in red, greeted the boy. In appearance, the man has a welcoming demeanor, with blue eyes, a large nose, and a large brown, bushy mustache. He wore a red vest, over a white dress shirt, and a long white apron over a long black pants.

"Hey Mr. Mario!" Spike greeted the man, with a handshake. "How are you?"

"I'm a-good!" Mario spoke, with a thumbs up. "Now get-a to work!"

“You can count on me, boss!” Spike saluted, as he walks into the restaurant.

Interior of the building speaks Italy. The walls were decorated with color schemes of the Italy flag, the tables covered in checkered cloths, and candles.

In the middle of the restaurant is a bar, where another man was attending to. In appearance, the man appears to be taller than Mario, with a straight, brown mustache, but also with blue eyes, and a large nose. For attires, the man wore a green bowtie, black vest with yellow buttons, over a white dress shirt, and matching apron and pants.

"Hey, Mr. Luigi!" Spike greeted the bartender.

"Ello, Spike!" Luigi greeted, while washing a crystal glass. "How are ya?"

"Not bad, you?"

"I'm a-Luigi! Number one!"

"Alright!"

Just then, a phone rang, to which Luigi answered, "Ello? Mario's Pizzeria & Pasta. Luigi speaking," Luigi answered, followed by some chatters, to which Luigi quickly took note on a notepad. "Okay! It's-a on the way," With that, Luigi hangs up, before he walks to a window to the kitchen, where he hollers to the cooks. "One large pepperoni pizza, extra thick!"

"One large pepperoni pizza, extra thick!" One of the cooks hollered to the others, who all set to work, making the pizza.

Meanwhile, some more customers walked into the facility, where they are seated by Mario. Spike then took over, as he hands them each a menu, while introducing today's special. After taking their orders, Spike rushes to the cooks to give them the costumer's orders.

For the rest of the day, Spike and his fellow employees worked together, from taking the costumer's orders to cleaning the tables, making rooms for newcomers.


Later that day

“Hey Spike!” Mario shouted, while carrying three large boxes of pizza. “We got-a ourselves another-a order from-a someone named-a Berry Twist!”

“What’s the address?” Spike asked, as he walks over.

“122 Oak-a St.” Mario answered, as he packs the pizza in a case, before handing it over to Spike. “They-a want-a their pizza in a-half an hour. So don’t-a be-a late!”

“Got it!” Spike replied, as he takes his leave with his package.

“Don’t-a forget your-a scooter-a!” Luigi called out.

“Spike-a be careful!” Mario added.

“I will!” Spike answered, as he leaves the facility.


Spike was riding on a scooter, provided by Mario and Luigi, driving towards his assigned destination, with his package safely secured in a trunk, on the back of the scooter.

Spike had stopped at a crossing, to check the GPS on his scooter, while reading the street signs, making sure he was heading in the right direction, when suddenly, his ears perked up to the sound of screaming.

“NO! LET ME GO!!” Spike turns his head in the direction of the scream, down an alleyway.

The scream sounded close, even for the hearing range of an average human. Yet no one passing by appeared to be fazed, or even cared.

Spike looked at his watch. He has only ten minutes left. But who knows if he’ll have any time left to deliver the pizzas, or if he’ll even come back in time.

'I could lose my job for this,' Spike thought, while sadly looking down the alley. 'Then again, that poor person could lose their life. What do I do?' Spike didn't have enough time to think, as he hears another scream go off.

With a deep sigh, knowing time is running out for the person, Spike turns his scooter, and burned rubbers, as he rides into the alley.

It wasn't long before the sound of a scuffle started to grow louder. Screeching to a stop, Spike parked his scooter outside, while carrying his package close. Quietly, and carefully creeps against the walls. With his eyes glowing a fiery aura of green, Spike's eyes adjusted to the faint lack of lightings in the alley, while peering around the corner.

Standing before him, were a group of four thugs, all wearing dog masks, while holding another person down.

"Stop right there!" Spike shouted, catching the thugs by surprise, as they turned to face him. "You're all under arrest!"

One of the thugs looked at Spike with a questionable look, concealed by his mask, "Who are you? A cop?" he asked.

"Uh, no actually, I'm a pizza delivery boy right now," Spike answered.

The thugs all looked at each other. Spike can clearly hear one of them scoffing, "Give me a break."

"With pleasure," Spike smirked, as he tossed the package at one of the thugs, who caught it, before he surprises them with a flurry of kicks, dropping the package, before Spike quickly caught it.

It was then that the thugs instantly remembered, "Hey! I remember you!" one of the inflicted thugs exclaimed, before turning to rest who were holding down their victim. "It's that karate kid we've been telling you about! The one who breathed fire!"

"This punk?" one of the thugs asked in bewilderment. "You've got to be kidding me. You jokers mean to tell me you all got spooked by some small version of Jackie Chan?"

"Um, didn't you hear us say he breathes fire?" One of the thugs whimpered.

"SHUT UP!!" With that, one of the thug holding the person down got up, "Hold her, Joe!" He said to his other comrade. "I'll teach this kid a lesson. Watch and learn!"

"I'm warning you, sir!" One of the frightened thugs quivered. "He's not human!"

The frightened thugs' warnings fell on deaf ears as the taller thug walked over to Spike, "Okay, tough guy!" the man growled. "Time to put you down!" With that, the man swung his fist at Spike, who instantly ducked his head, evading the strike, before he thrusted his hands out in a flurry of open palm strikes at the stomach, chest, followed by a closed fist uppercut.

Dazed, the thug stumbled back, while wiping a drop of blood from his mouth, "You got skills, kid!" he growled, before he picks up a nearby metal pipe. "Now say hello to my friend!" With a loud roar, the man swung the pipe on Spike, who quickly held up the package as a makeshift shield, blocking the pipe's struck, before Spike did a backflip, and kicked the man's chin. Shaking the blow off, the man lunged at Spike with the pipe in hand, and swung it at the Dragon Prince, who quickly caught the object.

Using the narrow structure of the alley to his advantage, Spike jumps in the air, thrusted his legs out, clinging to the walls on both sides, before he flips over the man, still holding the pipe, causing the thug's arms to bend backward.

“Down we go!” Spike shouted, thrusting his legs backward, right into the thug's backside, causing the man to stumble forward, while releasing the pipe, which is now in Spike's hands.

Rubbing his sore buttocks, the man turned to face Spike, "Eeeee-yah!!!" Spike screamed, as his eyes turned reptilic, and his dragon fangs were bared, adding the ferocity to his appearance.

"WHAT THE HELL?!!" the man screamed in fright, before he was met with a punch to the face, a strong side kick to the stomach. The man looked to see Spike was gone, before receiving a powerful flying kick from behind. Spike then reappeared before the thug, holding his hand out, with his elbow bent. Then, with an explosion of strength, Spike closed his hand into a fist, as his arm snaps forward, throwing the thug at an impressive distance.

The other thugs all looked at Spike in equal worry, though two of them have clearly soaked their pants.

"Let's get out of here!" one of the thug shouted in fear, as he and his comrades all retreated, leaving Spike alone, with the person he rescued.

Upon closer examination of their physique, Spike can tell the person he rescued is a girl, “You okay there, miss?” Spike asked, walking over to see the girl was still huddling in a quivering frightened ball. "Hey, it's okay. You're safe now."

“D-D-Do you mean that?” the girl asked in a soft, timid, stuttering voice.

"Uh huh," Spike answered, to which the girl slowly looked up.

In appearance, the girl had light cyan colored eyes, and her hair was a mix of pale, light grayish cyan and light opals gray. For attires, she appeared to be dressed in the same school uniform of Crystal Prep Academy, with the addition of a white-bordered lavender sailor collar, with a scarlet tie, and a tri-shade hair clip in the back of her hair

When the girl got a good look at Spike, she gasped, “Oh! Prince Spike!”

“Huh?” Spike looked at the girl, confused. “You know me?”

“Of course I do,” the girl smiled. “I’m from Equestria, too!"

"That's cool," Spike smiled. "Who might you be?"

The girl blushed, as she twirled her hair, "I’m Coco Pommel,” she answered.

Spike smiled, “Pleasure to meet you, Coco," Spike winked. The girl, now identified Coco, giggled before she winces, and clutched her right leg close, "Oh, you alright?" Spike asked in concern.

"My leg," Coco sobbed, before she showed a stain of blood in her hand, courtesy of a noticeable bruise on her knee. "They hurt my leg."

"Yikes," Spike winced, looking closely at the wound. "Hang in there. I've got just the thing," Reaching into his jacket, Spike magically pulls out a roll of bandage, with Pinkie's smiling face on it. 'Leave it to Pinkie,' Spike said fondly in his thoughts.

With the roll of bandage in hand, Spike wraps the soft fabric around Coco's leg, stopping the bleeding.

"There, that should do it," Spike smiled. "Can you stand again?" he asked.

Wincing from the wound on her leg, Coco slowly and carefully got up. For a moment, Coco's legs shook, as she tries to not exert so much weight on her wounded knee. Taking a simple step forward, however, Coco nearly fell to the ground, had Spike not caught her in time.

"Whoa!" Spike panted. "Don't worry, Coco. I got ya," With that, Spike carefully wraps one arm around the girl's waist, while holding her other arm around his shoulder, as he helps her to his scooter. "There ya go," Spike said, as he carefully sets the girl down.

"Thank Celestia, you came," Coco spoke softly, with a look of worry still on her face. "You saved my life!"

"Heh, no problem," Spike replied, while giving his arms a few stretches. "Happy I could save your life in time."

"Now, it's your turn!" a voice called, as more thugs in dog masks appeared, and they all advanced upon Spike and the girl.

Spike quickly held his hands out, while standing protectively in front of Coco, "You want her?" he growled. "You gotta go through me first!"

Few of the thugs were clearly fearful of Spike's defiance, "He means it! I just beat the biscuits out of Fido over there!"

"Yes," another thug snarled. "Well, he don't look tough now that we're all here!" With a blow of a whistle, the thugs all charged at Spike, who quickly assumed his fighting stance.

Then in a flash of light, Discord appeared, in his draconequus form, don up in a commando suit, while holding Prince Blueblood, as a machine gun.

"Discord?!" Spike exclaimed in bewilderment.

"Time to rock n roll dude!" Discord shouted in John Rambo's voice, as he cocks Prince Blueblood and crazily blasted magic beams at the thugs. "Don't make me use the other end!"

Each magic beams exploded upon impact, sending every thugs flying back. This kept on going, until Blueblood emitted a sound of deflate, clearly out of power. Discord puts the powerless unicorn stallion down, before he pointed his eagle claw at the thugs, zapping bolts of lightnings, electrocuting his enemies.

"Mama always says, magic is as magic does," Discord said in his Forrest Gump impression.

Then, several more thugs came up from behind, only to step on a hidden spring that launched them all the way into Central Park.

One thug landed in a bear's habitat, where a sleeping bear was snoring loudly. Just then, Discord appeared before the thug, and unrolls a huge poster in front of the thug, revealing a large sexy pinup photo of a girl in bikini.

"Omigod!" the thug said in arousal, followed by a wolf whistle.

"SHUT UP!!" the bear suddenly snapped awake, as he angrily, and repeatedly bashes a huge club at the thug. "QUIET!! SHUT UP! QUIET!"

The other thug, strangely finds himself in the sewers of New York, surrounded by sleeping alligators.

"Barney is a dinosaur who came into New York town~ then he ran into a lamppost and it broke him down~" Discord sang, while blowing up the balloon of the said dinosaur, before he conjures up a needle. "Doggy bath?"

The thug's eyes widened in fear, "No, no, no, no!" he pleaded, but to no avail as Discord pops the balloon anyway.

The sound was so loud.....it didn't wake the alligators from their sleep.

"HA!" the thug laughed, before he gasped, and the alligators all woke up, snarling angrily at the dog man. Soon, the sound of the screaming man was heard, followed by the sound of alligators hissing and snapping jaws.

Soon, all of the thugs were beaten, with Spike, Coco, and Discord-who was back in human form, standing triumphant and victorious over their defeated foes, just as the police came to take the thugs away.

"......Just keep us away from that deranged, demonic boy!" One of the thugs hyperventilated.

"Yeah! Those kids! They're not natural!" Another thug panicked, before they were shoved into the police cars.

Spike took the time to retrieve his package, “Ah!” Spike screamed. “The pizzas! They're gone!”

“Oh dear,” Coco whimpered. “I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to make you lose your dinner.”

“That wasn’t for me,” Spike replied. “It was for my costumer, named Berry Twist,” Looking at his watch, Spike could see he had only less than a minute to make his delivery. "I'm so fired!"

Discord grinned as he spins his cane, “Fear not my friend. Thor’s got you covered.”

"What?"


The sound of bell echoed through the house, before the door opens up to reveal a tall person, in a gray trench coat, wearing a black fedora over their face.

Standing before them, is Spike's substitute, "Um, pizza-Er hem, pizza delivery!" Thorax said in his best impression of Spike's voice.

"Oh, great! I was starving!" the figure said in relief, as they eagerly took the pizza.

"Enjoy your meal," Thorax called, as the figure quickly closes the door behind him.

Once Thorax left, the figure dropped their trench coat, to reveal themselves to be a small, pug-faced, honey badger, with brilliant opal eyes, and a black t-shirt that reads, "I heart NYC."

The badger opens up one box of pizza, and happily takes a whiff of the heavenly aroma of the pizza he ordered, "Yum," he drooled.

“Grubber!!” a deep, shrilly angry voice shouted. “You ordered three pizza pies with my credit card?!”

“Uh oh,” Grubber whimpered.


Back with Spike

"Phew," Spike breathed a sigh of relief. "Thanks, Discord. You're a lifesaver."

"Well, it takes one to know one," Discord grinned. "Though, I thought you could've just gone all dragon up, and finish them ten seconds flat."

"Well, I would," Spike began. "But I did swore to Twilight about keeping our magic existence a secret. The less people who knows magical creatures like us existed, the better."

"Spike, my friend, let me tell you something," Discord began. "Nobody would ever believe creatures like us existed under their noses. And even if they did see us, who would believe them?"

Spike scratched his chin, pondering on Discord's words, "You make a valid point," he shrugged. "But still, I'm not taking any chances."

"Whatever," Discord rolled his eyes. "Suit yourself."

"Speaking of 'suit,'" Spike began. "How is it that you're a draconequus again? I thought you were, y'know, powered down since the whole Shadowbolt fiasco was over."

"Well, I was," Discord answered. "Until Somnambula returned the suit to me, with the proviso that I were to use its powers only for good, instead of evil."

"I see," Spike said in acknowledgement.

"Until we meet again. Ciao!" With a snap of his finger, Discord was gone in a flash.

Spike then walked over to his scooter to start it up again, "Prince Spike! Wait!" Coco called, after she finished answering some questions from the police.

"Um, just Spike, please," Spike quickly insisted, looking around, making sure no one else heard the Dragon Prince's royal title. "I maybe a royal in Equestria, but here on Earth, and in New York, I'd like to be referred to as simply, Spike Draco."

"Oh, okay," Coco spoke meekly.

"So, what's up?"

"I just wanted to say, thank you again," Coco smiled. "I really don't know what I'd do if you didn't come to my rescue."

Just then, an officer came and patted Spike on the back, "You're quite the hero young man," the cop complimented. "You wouldn't happen to be related to an officer named, Scorpan. Are ya?"

"Yep," Spike smiled proudly. "He's my uncle."

"I thought so," the officer replied. "He's been saying a lot of good stuff about you kid. Says he's been giving a lot of lessons on the martial arts. And overall, you're his best student," the cop then turned to Coco, as he added, "And from what this young lady had been describing about ya, the way you handled the Diamond Dogs, you seemed to fit the bill."

"Really?" Spike asked, while Coco grinned sheepishly, blushing a storm.

"Anyway, I think it's best you let us take it from here," the cop spoke. "You kids get on home, safe and sound. Okay?"

"Sure thing, officer," Spike replied, as he and Coco left the scene, on the scooter.

After awhile of driving, Spike and Coco arrived at an apartment, where Spike helped Coco up the steps.

"Thanks for everything, Spike," Coco smiled. "It was really nice of you."

"You're welcome," Spike replied, as he continues helping Coco up the steps, and then to her room. On the way, Spike decided to strike up conversations, "So, you got to Crystal Prep?"

"Mmm hmm," Coco answered. "Though, to be honest, it's better with Princess Cadence running the place, and not Abacus Cinch."

Spike scoffed in agreement, "Tell me about it," he said. "I get that Crystal Prep has a rivalry with Celestial High. But really? Did it have to be that extreme?" Coco sighed sadly in agreement. "But the past's the past. We're all good friends now, right?"

Coco looked up at Spike, "Do you mean it?" she asked. "Are we really friends?"

"To the end," Spike answered, giving Coco a thumbs up, to which the girl responded with a friendly smile, and a blush. "Well, we're here," Spike said, after they arrived at a door, with an address labeled 394.

"Thanks again, Spike," Coco smiled, as she released her hold on Spike. "I can take it from here," Reaching into her pocket, Coco pulls out a key to her room, unlocking its door, before she carefully limped in.

"Well, goodnight Coco," Spike bid, as he turns to take his leave.

"Wait!" Coco called, stopping Spike in his track. Hesitant for a moment, while blushing, Coco manages to speak up, "Will I....that is, if you're....okay....will I ever see you again?"

Spike scratched his chin, before he spoke, "Well, by chance, do you know some girls named Indigo Zap, Sour Sweet, Sunny Flare, Sugarcoat, and Lemon Zest?"

"Mmm hmm," Coco nodded.

"Ask them if you can hang with them," Spike advised. "Oh, and tell them I said hi."

"Okay," Coco smiled.

"See ya later, Coco," Spike said, as he took his leave.

"After awhile, Spike," Coco replied, before she closes the door, limps over to her bed, and plops down, sighing with content. "He's such a nice guy," the girl sighed.


Meanwhile, in Equestria

Scorpan was in a dusty old library, surrounded by old books and scrolls, covered in dusts and cobwebs.

With a small candle as his only source of light, Scorpan rummaged through some scrolls, looking up on more lost, recorded details of the Dragonfire.

"I remember Starswirl putting it around here, somewhere," Scorpan muttered, while rummaging through the shelves. "I know for a fact, there's still more for my nephew to learn, before he can truly master his powers," Taking one scroll out, Scorpan held his candlelight up, to read the title on its side. Afterwards, the gargoyle would put the scroll back in its place, before moving onto the next.

Scorpan's ears perked up, as he turns to the source, and sees Mako walking in.

"Scorpan, my old friend," Mako spoke. "What brings you here? I doubt it's a simple library trip to rent a story book, for your fillyfriend."

Scorpan blushed, as he turns to Mako, scowling, "Luna is not my filly friend!" the gargoyle spatted, before he cleared his throat, and regains his composure. "I'm just here to find some old notes my friend, Starswirl once wrote about the Dragonfire. Besides the two of us, he knew the Dragonfire better than anyone. Regrettably, I'm having trouble finding it."

"And you didn't think about asking for my assistant?" Mako asked. "I am slightly hurt, Scorpan."

Scorpan then turns to Mako, "You mean, you have them?!" he asked.

"I didn't say I have them," Mako clarified, before he walks over to a round table, with a wooden bust of a unicorn. "I, however, know where they are," Placing his claw on the unicorn's horn, Mako bent it down.

Soon, the sound of old gears turning filled the room, as Scorpan and Mako looked to see a set of staircase forming on the floor beneath them.

Scorpan was amazed, "How did you-"

"And you call yourself Starswirl's only best friend?" Mako asked, raising an eyebrow. "Clearly, that shifty unicorn wizard friend of ours, clearly puts a new meaning to trade secrets. Of course, this clearly demonstrates that one of us is more clever than the other," Mako cracked a mocking smirk, to which Scorpan is irked. "Perhaps your nephew would learn a lot better if he was my student, instead."

Scorpan simply rolled his eyes in annoyance, "Let's just go and get what we came here for!" the gargoyle insisted, taking the first step.

"You lead the way, old friend," Mako complied.


Back in New York

Discord was singing himself some merry tunes, when his whole body suddenly shuddered, "Now what's up?" he asked himself.


Celestial Highschool

A lone figure was standing in front of the mirror that leads to Equestria.

"So this is one of the portals that would lead me into the magical world?" The figured asked himself, before cracking a wicked grin. "With Nightmare Moon and her little clan of ninjas out of the picture, I think it's high time to show these 'heroes' what evil really is," With a wicked laugh, the figure stepped through the portal, disappearing in a flash of light.

Author's Note:

Thank you for all of your supports everyone. See you all in 2018.

But before I go, my co-auther, alphasteel has a new chapter for all of you.

PreviousChapters Next