• Published 11th Jan 2017
  • 17,013 Views, 792 Comments

Dragonfire 🐲 Enter The Dragon Hero 🐲 - Phantom-Dragon



Born in the Year of the Dragon, gifted with a powerful magic called the Dragonfire, Spike Draco fights the forces of evils that threatens to destroy the worlds of his friends and family.

  • ...
25
 792
 17,013

PreviousChapters Next
Guys' and Girls' Night

It had been weeks after the Armor of Heroes fiasco was over, and the whole feud with the Shadowbolts is finally history. At that time, Celestial High School was finally cleaned up from Discord's chaotic outburst when he had his first taste of draconequus power, the same with Crystal Prep Academy, which is now under Princess Cadence's supervision, who is now promoted from Crystal Prep Dean to Crystal Prep Principal, after the former has been confirmed to suffer amnesia far beyond recovery.

Nevertheless, things were finally starting to calm down for the heroes, as they were able to get on with their lives.


Friday afternoon

*RING*

With the school bell ringing for the last time, for the day, the students all flooded into the hallway, eager to get on with their afternoon.

Spike was walking down a hall, on his way to his locker, eager to pack his things away.

β€˜Ah, Friday afternoon with just me and my friends,’ Spike thought happily.

While thinking about his friends, Spike’s mind soon drifted elsewhere, when he looked up to see a picture shot of himself, Princess Celestia, Scorpan, and the girls all crowding around him, taped on a wall inside of his locker.

Spike smiled fondly at the thought of his girls from Equestria.

β€œYo, Spike!” Rumble called out, snapping the Dragon Prince out of thoughts.

Surprised, Spike jolted, looking up to see the Knights walking over, β€œHey guys!” Spike returned the greeting, as he closes his locker.

β€œWe were just thinking,” Pip began. β€œWe finally got ourselves a weekend free of homework....”

β€œIf you don’t count, Flintheart,” Rumble muttered, under his breath.

β€œAnd there hasn’t been anything life threatening, or any terrifying monsters on the loose,” Pip continued. β€œThis may be a good time for us to have a guys’ night!”

β€œSo, what do you say, Spike?” Button asked, as he and the boys anxiously wait for an answer.

Spike pondered on what the boys said, β€œHuh, guess we haven’t had one of those in a while,” Looking back at the Knights, he gave a thumbs up. β€œLet’s do it!”

β€œYeah!” The Knights cheered.

β€œYEAH!!!” Bulk Biceps suddenly appeared, and bellowed, before he took his leave.

Soon, Spike and the Knights were on their way out, when they passed Professor Flintheart.

"Yo, Flintheart!" Button called out, when they passed the strict teacher. Of course, the only response the boy received was a cold stare from the teacher, "And uh, good bye!" With that, Button took off as he catches up with the Knights. "Sheesh, doesn’t that guy ever lighten up?"

"Don't let him bother ya, Button," Pipsqueak replied. "Besides, we've got plans of our own tonight!"

"Guys' Night!" the boys declared, before they broke out in a dance. "It's guys' night! Oh yeah! Having fun now! Oh yeah!"

Once they were out of the building, they each took their separate leave.

"Well catch ya later, bros!" Spike called.

"Catch ya later, brother!" The Knights replied.


Meanwhile, with the girls

"Wow!" Starlight gasped. "So this is the place called, New York?"

"Yes it is," Applejack smiled. "Some would call it the Big Apple. Though, the humans' choice of naming that, I'll never know."

"Well I think it's beautiful!" Gabby exclaimed in excitement, with Gilda by her side.

The Harmony Bearers have agreed to bring Starlight, Gabby, and Gilda over to New York. So as to give the three girls a tour of Spike's world.

Furthermore, the three girls have been given human forms, courtesy of Twilight, to blend in.

Starlight stood around the same height, as the Bearers. Like Rarity And Fluttershy, she wore eyeshadows, only hers were pink. For attires, she wore a purple beanie with starry patterns, a greenish aquamarine shirt that has violet edges on her collar and sleeve, under an open black vest, a gray pants with a few tears, and black shoes.

Gilda’s head feathers have been turned to ruffled hairs, while still retaining their natural colors of white, tinted with purples on the edge. Her attires consists of a brown fur coat, with white feathers at the top of her collar, long purple pants, and black boots.

Gabby also retains her hair style, though she was also given a light blue cap, with white spots. Her clothing consists of a dark bluish gray hoodie, with darker pants, white plated skirt and shoes.

β€œWow, so Spike’s been living this place for ten years?” Gilda asked. β€œI should consider moving here.”

β€œAnd you’re not saying that, because Spike lives here?” Starlight asked suspiciously.

β€œNo!” Gilda blushed. β€œWell, yeah. I mean, maybe. I mean, besides Spike, this whole place is just calling out to me!” Gilda marveled at the tall buildings. β€œThey’re practically begging me to fly up to their tops, spread my wings, feel the winds beneath me, and feel what it means to be a griffin!”

β€œYou’re telling me!” Gabby chirps in agreement.

Well y’know,” Rainbow began. β€œIf you want adrenaline. There’s a thing Spike does to pass the time called parkour!”

β€œParkour?” Gilda asked. β€œWhat’s that?”

β€œWell, it’s kinda like a race. Except you do it on foot, and if you want higher, then it’s on the roof,” Rainbow explains, only for Gilda to look more puzzled. β€œI think it’s better if you see it, to understand it.”

β€œYou should check out, Spike!” Pinkie beamed. β€œHe’s an expert! He may still be a student! But he’s got the moves like a master!”

Gabby looked, and gasped excitedly, "Speaking of who! Look!" Gabby exclaimed, as she pointed to show Spike, walking down the street. "It's Spike!"

β€œHuh?” Spike stopped, having heard his name called. β€œSomeone called me?” He looked, and his nose quickly caught the definite scent of cotton candy, and his ears perked to the stampeding sounds of footsteps.

"Spike!" Before Spike could react, he was tackled to the ground by an enthusiastic Gabby. "I'm so happy to see you!" With a laugh of joy, Gabby tightly embraced Spike.

"Gabby?" Spike groaned, before he quickly frees himself. "Whoa! Is that you? I almost didn't recognize you!"

"I know, right? Right?!" Gabby smiled enthusiastically, before she twirls herself around. "So what do you think? How do I look? Do I look good?" She smiled, anxious to hear what Spike has to say.

Spike eyed Gabby up and down, before he smiles, "You're amazing, griffon or human. You know that?" He answered.

Gabby's eyes instantly turned to hearts, as she planted a quick peck on Spike's cheek, "Thank you!" She smiled.

"Oh yeah?" a familiar gruff voice spoke up, to which Spike turned to see Gilda walking up. "How about me? Am I awesome, or what?" Gilda smirked.

Spike too eyed Gilda up and down, before he gives a thumbs up, "Yeah, you're awesome," Spike complimented. "But not as awesome than Rainbow Dash."

"What?!" Gilda exclaimed, before she grabs Spike and brought him up to her face. "What's that suppose to mean?!" she scowled.

"Nothing," Spike replied. "It just means I still like you and Rainbow Dash the same way. That's all," With that, Gilda eased her grip on Spike, as she puts him back down.

"Yep. That's right," Rainbow Dash grinned, as she walks up to her griffon friend. "You're awesome, Gilda. Just not 20% cooler than me," Rainbow chuckled, as she nudged a pounding Gilda.

Spike then turned to Starlight Glimmer, and whistled, "You're not so bad yourself, Starlight," he complimented.

"Oh, thanks Spike," Starlight blushed.

"So, what brings you girls to New York?" Spike asked.

"We were just showing them around, Spike!" Pinkie exclaimed, jumping up from behind, in a blast of confetti. This time, Spike wasn't so surprised, since he's had too many near heart attacks to get used to Pinkie Pie's random antics.

"Uh huh," Starlight answered, while speaking on behalf of herself, and the griffons. "We've been asking the girls a lot about New York. Since then, we've been begging to come over here and see for ourselves!"

"And let me tell ya," Gilda began. "This place makes Griffonstone look like a dump!" Gilda commented, with Gabby nodding her head in agreement.

"I see," Spike said in acknowledgement, before he took his leave. "Well ladies, I hope you have a good time. And play safe."

The girls were surprised, "Hold it, Sugarcube!" Applejack called, as she and the girls caught up to Spike. "Don't you want to join us? We'd love it if you could stick around."

"Sorry girls," Spike sadly declined. "I can't join you this evening."

The girls were dismayed, "Why can't you?" Rainbow asked.

"I've already made plans with the Knights tonight," Spike answered. "We're having a Guys' Night."

"Oh," the girls sighed in disappointment.

"Cheer up, girls," Spike said, trying to lighten the mood. "There'll be some other times I can hang with ya," The girls looked up, with a few smiling in agreement, while the rest still having looks of doubts.

"I guess," Rainbow muttered.

Twilight walked up to Spike and placed a hand on his shoulder, "We'd love that, Spike," she smiled. "Now go and have fun with your boys."

Spike nodded his head, as he took his leave, "Later girls," he waved.

"Bye," the girls bid farewell, while putting on a smile, before they quickly disappeared with sad sighs.

Spike can still hear them, and deep down, he felt his heart getting pulled on.


The girls were later at Starbuck, each having some drinks. Twilight, Fluttershy, and Rarity all had some sweet teas. Pinkie and Gabby were enjoying themselves cups of frappauccino. And Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Gilda, and Starlight had ordered cups of coffee.

"Mmm, this is delicious!" Gabby mused, as she takes a quick slurp of her drink, and quickly recoils. "Oh! Brain freeze!"

Meanwhile, the rest of the girls were still down on some thoughts, about spending the afternoon without Spike.

"Another time, another place, without Spike," Rainbow muttered, taking a sip of her coffee. "Same as before."

Taking a sip of her tea, Twilight spoke up, "Cheer up, girls. Spike just needs some time to himself, and with his boys. It's not like he's going away again."

"I know,Twi," Applejack replied. "But still, it feels just the same."

"Oh, I can't stand the thought of letting my puppy go off on his own," Fluttershy whimpered. "After losing Professor Chimera, now this? What if he gets hit by a truck? What if he gets caught going dragon? What if he gets stuffed?"

"Take it easy, Fluttershy," Rainbow beckoned, calming the shy girl before she got the chance to hyperventilate. "I'm sure Spike will be okay. He's got the Knights with him, remember?"

"No offense, Rainbow," Gilda spoke. "Knights, or not, those boys aren't exactly bodyguard material. They're still fighters in training, y'know."

"Don't forget, their teacher is Scorpan!" Starlight spoke. "General of the Royal Army. Princess Celestia's right hoof gargoyle. And once the savior of Equestria!"

Gilda was silent for a moment, "Yeah, well, it's one thing to have some cadets as friends," Gilda sighed. "But still, would've been nice if we could participate in this Guys' Night of theirs."

"But we're not 'guys,'" Rainbow spoke. "Remember?"

"Not unless you go and have yourself a transgender surgery, and make a man out of yourself," Pinkie chirped. The girls all looked at Pinkie strangely. "What? It's Rule 63! It's a joke."

"Not helping!" Gilda screeched.

"Still," Applejack muttered. "This Guys' Night thing sounds a lot of fun."

The girls all exchanged agreements, before Gabby chirped, "In that case," Gabby began. "Let's have our own night out together! A Girls' Night!"

"Girls' Night?" Gilda asked.

"Yeah!" Gabby began. "Like Guys' Night, except y'know, it's just us gals. We hang out together, and do fun activities!"

"Why, that's simply a marvelous idea, darling!" Rarity gasped.

"Darn tootin!" Applejack answered.

"Rock on!" Rainbow agreed, followed by the other girls. Though, Twilight has some terms.

"As long as we don't do anything too extreme, I'm in," Twilight replied.

"So, what do we do?" Starlight asked.


Meanwhile, the guys

Spike had just finished the last part of his homework, as he puts it in his folder, and packs it away in his backpack.

"That's the last of it," Spike smiled in satisfaction, as he got up from his desk and walks out in the lobby.

Spike was staying at his and Scorpan's old apartment. Though he can finally return to Equestria, New York has become the young prince's second home. Therefore, while he is in New York, Spike's got complete custody of the apartment all to himself. Well, almost everyone.

Resting on a perch, was Peewee himself. Spike walks over to the sleeping phoenix and gently stroke the bird's head, without disturbing him.

"See ya later, Peewee," Spike smiled, before he took his leave to meet up with his boys.

Once outside of his apartment, Spike got on his skateboard and was skating through the neighborhood, doing flips, grinds, and all sorts of fancy tricks.

These series of acts resulted in flashes of memories to play in his head. Specifically the time when he was racing with Rainbow Dash and Gilda on his cloud.

Spike screeched to a halt, nearly crashing into a lamppost.

After he catches himself, and takes several deep breaths, Spike continues onward before he arrives at his destination. A fast food joint called Five Guys. Waiting at the front door, were the none other but the Knights themselves.

"Yo, Spike!" Rumble greeted, followed by the others.

"Hey, Knights!" Spike greeted, and the six boys all exchanged fist bumps, high fives, and low fives. "Ah, the Five Guys," Spike sighed in nostalgia. "The place where we first met."

"Where we all met each other, for the first time," Featherweight noted.

"And it was the start of our adventures together!" Pipsqueak added.

"And now, it's another start for our new Guys' Night," Button exclaimed enthusiastically. "As Knights and Prince!" Spike and the rest of the boys quickly shushed Button.

"Quiet!" Spike whispered. "You want us to attract attention?"

"Sorry," Button apologized.

"Just, try to keep your enthusiasm to a minimum, okay?" Rumble asked. "Remember, we're here as six normal guys."

"Got it," Button gave the thumbs up, as he and the boys walked in.


The boys were soon sitting at a table, where they were enjoying their burgers, and fries. Spike in particular, was simply dipping his fries in the ketchup, while the Knights were enjoying their burgers.

"Oh man, these burgers are good!" Button Mash sighed in satisfactory.

"We've eaten McDonalds, Steak n Shakes, and Burger King," Featherweight noted. "But Five Guy's the place for us."

"Yeah, because it's where we first met each other!" Button replied, turning to the Dragon Prince. "And where we first met our bro, Spike!"

Spike looked at Button, as he took a bite of his fries, "You really like to bring that story up, don't ya, Button?" Spike smirked.

"Well it's the origin of our team, Spike!" Button Mash replied. "All team of superheroes got to have one. And the best part is, sooner our later, our story will be published for everyone to read!"

The rest of the Knights all shook their head at their nerd friend's enthusiasm, "You've been reading way too many comics, Button," Rumble muttered.

"And besides, who'd believe us and publish our story?" Tender Taps asked.


Meanwhile, with the girls

As the first stop on their to-do list for their Girls' Night out together, the girls were in Central Park, where Rainbow Dash and Gilda were having a round of one-on-one in the soccer field. Both athletes appeared evenly match as they struggle to kick the ball in each other's goals, while protecting their own.

"Not bad, Gilda," Rainbow smirked. "I'm glad that all those years of being a Shadowbolt's puppet hasn't made you any slower?"

"Slower? Me?" Gilda smirked competitively. "I'm just getting warmed up! Besides, I'm not exactly a griffon anymore, in case you didn't notice!"

Rainbow chuckled, "Don't try and go griffon on me, Gilda. Remember, where we are. You don't want to make a big headline of yourself here, and back in Equestria. Not like what happened back in Japan."

"Oh, give me a break, Dash," Gilda scoffed. "Like I'd ever make a scene," With a kick, Gilda scored a point, in Dash's goal. "Besides, last I heard, those girls got suspended for a few weeks, um Yokai Academy was it? I don't know."

"Yeah, well magical creatures in Japan do have funny ways of enforcing their laws," Rainbow commented. "But enough talk! Let's do this!"

"Bring it!" Gilda smirked.

Meanwhile, Fluttershy opened her bag up, to let some animals out, so as to stretch their legs. With some assistance from Twilight and Starlight Glimmer, Fluttershy's more fantastical creatures were safely concealed, so as to not attract any unwanted attentions.

"Don't go too far, Angel!" Fluttershy said to her bunny, who simply rolled his eyes in response. "Smokey Jr. don't knock that trashcan! Nessie, no! Those aren't real-" Fluttershy winced, when the famous Loch Ness Monster chomped on some goose shaped boats, which resulted in the monster spitting them back out.

"Don't worry, Fluttershy," Twilight said, as she and Starlight got to work, repairing the boat, as well as erasing traces of Nessie's presence in the park.

Elsewhere in the park, Applejack, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, and Gabby were lying in an open field, watching the night sky. Though finding difficulty to do so, due to the city's light pollution.

"Consarn it!" Applejack groaned, straining her eyes, struggling to see the light. "I can't see a thing with all these light shows the city's got going!"

"I'm all for living in big cities, such as Manehattan, or Manhattan in this world," Rarity began. "But even I know when there's enough lighting to at least provide some pleasure of enjoying the starry skies!"

"That and the people should really cut back on the CFC, if they want to avoid polluting Earth's Ozone Layer," Pinkie spoke up. "Otherwise, it's the end."

Gabby squinted her eyes, groaning as she rubs her eyes, "I wish we can see the stars," Gabby frowned. "Those things are the best part of the night. To not be able to see them, really takes the fun out."

Pinkie scratched her chin, before a lightbulb magically appears over her head, and she reaches into her hair, and pulls out four pair of goggles for her friends, including herself.

"There? Is that better?" Pinkie asked.

"Well I'd say," Rarity mused with satisfactory. "I can see the cosmos!"

"Shoot, Pinkie Pie!" Applejack exclaimed happily. "How'd you manage to get your hooves on these doohickey?"

"I made them!" Pinkie Pie smiled proudly of herself. "They're my greatest invention, after Spike gave me the concept of having a party at night, by planet," Pinkie then enters a fit of laughter.

Though not getting Pinkie's sense of humor, the girls all shrugged as they continue watching the night sky. At the mention of Spike, the Applejack and Rarity both couldn't help but recall some fond moments they've had as kids, with an even younger Spike.

The girls were later exploring at a mall, where they walked around, marveling at the place, and the stores it holds. They were currently at a food court, where they ordered some plates of salads and vegetable sandwiches, while Gilda and Gabby had themselves some barbecue.

"Mmm, tasty," Gabby moaned in satisfaction, when she took a bite out of a barbecue chicken she and Gilda had bought from a nearby fast food joint.

Gilda was enjoying her chicken, before her eyes darted to see a sadden Fluttershy, eating a bowl of salad, "Sorry Flutters," Gilda apologized. "Humans or not, we're still griffons. And griffon's got to eat, y'know?"

"Oh, it's okay," Fluttershy replied. "I'm not sad about that. It is after all, part of the circle of life."

"Circle of life?" Gabby asked, with a mouthful of chicken meat.

"It's a concept Professor Chimera once taught me," Fluttershy sighed. "Just thinking about it, makes me worry about him more. I wish he was right here, right now," A drop of tear leaked from Fluttershy's eye, and dropped into her salad.

Gilda and Gabby looked at each other, before they spoke, "This Chimera guy," Gilda began. "He really means that much to ya?"

Fluttershy nodded, "In some ways, he's kinda like another father to me," Fluttershy starts to remember the moments she's had with her professor, before his disappearance. "We both love our animals. We take care of them, we learn from them, and we just love to do everything together with animals," Fluttershy sighed, as she recalls a moment between herself and her unicorn mentor. "He was the one who taught me about the circle of life, so that I would cope with the fact about predators, and prey."

The girls around her all looked solemnly, "Sounds to me he was a good stallion," Applejack frowned. 'Just like the stallion I’ll never know,' she thought sadly about her father.

The girls all got up from their seats as they walked over, and pulled Fluttershy in a series comforting hugs.

Little did the girls know, Zephyr Breeze just so happens to be close by. The slacker was initially there to check Rainbow Dash out, but when he hears Fluttershy expressing her worry about her professor, the boy had a sudden change of thought, and wasn't in the mood to flirt with Dash, as he quietly took his leave.


Meanwhile, with the boys

The boys were at an arcade, where they were engaged in a heated game of Laser Tag.

Team 1: Spike, Rumble, and Featherweight. Score: 890

Team 2: Button Mash, Pipsqueak, and Tender Taps. Score: 885

Button Mash was hiding behind a huge block, quietly stalking Featherweight. Carefully aiming his gun at his opponent's paddings, Button Mash opened fire, which resulted the lights in Featherweight's paddings to light up, signaling the journalist that he's been hit.

Team 1: 890
Team 2: 900

"I got him! I got him!" Button Mash cheered to himself, before he got shot by Rumble, from behind.

Team 1: 905
Team 2: 900

"And I got you!" Rumble grinned.

In the meantime, Spike was sneaking through the obstacle, all the while keeping his wits up via eyes, ears, and nose. His ears perked to the sound of running footsteps from his boys, the stale scent of the room making his nose twitch, and the flashy multicolors that decorated the room, piercing the darkness of the room.

'I should come here more often,' Spike thought, while scanning the area.

From a distance, Pipsqueak and Tender Taps both spotted Spike, and were whispering plans with each other.

"There's Spike," Tender Taps whispered.

"What do we do now?" Pipsqueak asked, quietly.

"We need plan. Remember, he ain't even human. He's got ears of a bat, nose of a bloodhound, and eyes of a hawk. We need to do something unexpected."

"Like what?" Pipsqueak asked.

Spike, meanwhile, heard what the two boys were whispering, and smirked, 'Unexpected, eh?' he asked to himself, mentally. 'I doubt it, since nobody can be unexpected than Pinkie Pie.'

Then, Button Mash jumped out of nowhere, and opened fire at Spike. Spike quickly ducks his head, dodging the blast, which struck a mirror from behind. The blast bounced off the reflective surface, back at Button Mash, resulting in a five point penalty score for his team.

Team 1: 910
Team 2: 900

"Nice try, Button," Spike smirked, as he rapidly fires his shots at Button and scored his team some points.

Team 1: 955
Team 2: 900

Pipsqueak and Tender Taps soon opened fire at some of the mirrors in the room, which all bounced off, onto another, before they all came in a crossfire. Spike saw the incoming blasts and did a few sidesteps, trying his best to evade the incoming shots. Spike ducked, avoiding one shots being fired overhead. Some of the shots struck Button Mash, resulting in penalty scores, while the other shots hit Spike, resulting in the opposite.

"Hang on, Spike!" Rumble and Featherweight cried, as they came rushing to their friend's aid. "We got your back!"

"You mean, we got your backs!" Pipsqueak said, as he and Tender Taps opened fire on the two boys, resulting a whopping 500 score, for Team 2.

Team 1: 985
Team 2: 1400

Just then, the horn was sounded, signaling the end of the game.

"Team 2 wins!" a loud ominous voice announced.

"YEAH!!" Button Mash cheered, as he, Tender Taps, and Pipsqueak all exchanged high fives and low fives.

"Well played, boys," Spike clapped, accepting his loss. "Well played."

Later, the boys were out of the room, playing some other games. Spike was enjoying himself to a game of Fruit Ninjas, Pipsqueak and Featherweight were playing Air Hockey, Button Mash and Tender Taps were racing together in a racing game, while Rumble was shooting hoops.

"YEAH!" Button cheered, when he crossed the finish line in first place. "I won!" Next thing Button knew, a rather attractive girl in bikini appeared on Button's victory screen, dancing, much to his arousal. "Whoa," Button whistled.

Tender Taps, also turned on, snapped Button out of his trance, "Don't let Sweetie Belle catch you like this," Tender chided. "Otherwise, I won't be surprised if she decides to break up with you."

"That's okay," Button replied with a shrug. "I can picture her in this girl's bikini," Button grinned smugly, while Tender shot a deadpanned look.


Meanwhile, with the girls

The girls were later at a fashion store, where they were trying on some new threads. Rarity came out of a dressing room to show herself don up in a long flowing white dress, with blue ribbons at the top, and around the waist.

"Darlings, how do I look?" Rarity asks, twirling around to show off her dress.

"You tell us, Rare," Rainbow spoke. "You're the one always dresses in style."

"The ribbons looked a little too long," Applejack said honestly. "And the skirt looks a bit too long. You could easily trip on them when you walk, y'know."

"Oh, honestly Applejack," Rarity scoffed. "You have no sense of fashion, do ya?"

"Well we do live in a society where we don't normally wear clothes," Applejack said, while whispering the part about clothes, so as to not attract attentions. "So forgive me if I don't get your taste of clothing and designs."

β€œI think you look good, Rarity,” Fluttershy spoke up meekly. β€œWhoo hoo,” She cheered quietly.

β€œI’d have to agree with Fluttershy,” Starlight added. β€œYou pulled it off so well.”

β€œAffirmative,” Twilight smiled.

β€œWhy thank you, darlings!” Rarity smiled. β€˜Now if only Spikey-Poo was here.’

Just then, a door to one of the dressing room opens up, and Gilda walked out, wearing nothing but a lacy black bra and panties. "Hey girls. How'd I-"

"GILDA!!" Dash screamed, as she runs over and shoved Gilda, back in the room, while checking to make sure no boys were around.

"What gives Dash?" Gilda asked, as she got up and rubs her head. "I took my other clothes off and wore these like ya told me too!"

"You're wearing them the right way alright," Rainbow replied. The first time Gilda was trying out some undergarment, as a human, she wore them outside. "But we're in public!"

"So? It's not like I haven't done this before, back home," Gilda replied. "Besides, you and your filly friends all walk around, bare naked in Ponyville."

"Well this ain't Ponyville!" Rainbow hissed harshly. "And trust me. The last thing you want to do, while you're here on Earth, is being seen stark naked, or in your underwear!"

"Okay, okay fine," Gilda replied, before she looked at herself in the mirror. "Though, besides losing most of my feathers and furs. And having my, um.....as you girls call them 'jugs,' held close by these itchy cups you call bra, and these panties riding up my butt, I look kinda good this way."

Rainbow had a deadpanned look on her face, before she repeated, "Again, public?"

"Okay, okay, relax. I'll put my clothes on," Gilda assured, as Rainbow walks out. Looking back at her reflection, Gilda walked over to her jacket, only to pull out a small phone, given to her, Gabby, and Starlight by Twilight. "Though, I'd like to get a quick shot of myself and send it to Spike," Gilda smirked, as she poses herself in front of the mirror. "I want to see what the dork thinks."


Meanwhile, with the boys

The boys were later doing karaoke at a cafe. And to their surprise, they see the first singer on stage is none other but their drama teacher, Sapphire Shores, together with a girl with an all too familiar hair of indigo and opal, and another with huge locks of yellow and black, over her eyes.

Sapphire Shores appears to be leading the first verse of the song, before other girls joined in, singing the rest of the lyrics.

When the three talented singers came to the end of their song, they were met with cheers and applause. Though, not as much as Button Mash.

"Whoo-hoo! Bravo!" Button applauded. "Bravissimo! Encore!" Button blew several long whistles, before he was pulled back by the rest of his posse, just as the three singers walked off the stage.

The Knights quickly took the stage, browsing through the songs, before founding the one for them. With that, the music starts to play, and the Knights all sang the lyrics.

Spike, meanwhile, was sitting on a couch, bopping his head to the rhythm of his boys singing. Once the boys came to the end of their song, they were met with applause from the crowd, as Spike took the stage, selected a song, and began singing. When the music begins, Spike starts to feel the beats and moves his body to the rhythm, while making a playful howl, before he held the microphone up to his mouth and sang.

Spike sang passionately, channeling the feeling of the song through his voice. The audience all cheered for the Dragon Prince's talented singing voice.

"Everything goes. Everything fits," some girls in the crowds sang.

"They love me at the Chelsea. They adore me at the Ritz!" Spike sang in reply, which was enough to make the girls faint.

After singing a few more lyrics, Spike came to the end, and was met with applause.

"Thank you, thank you," Spike thanked as he left the stage to regroup with his posse.

"Way to go, Spike!" Rumble complimented.

"You really killed it up there!" Button smiled.

"You guys weren't so bad yourself," Spike replied.

"SPIKE!! Omigosh!" a voice called out, and Spike finds himself embraced by the girl from before. "You and your boys were amazing up there!" Rara said enthusiastically, looking at Spike with a smile.

"Rara!" Spike smiled. "I thought it was you. I mean, no one else can sing that good," Rara giggled, with a blush on her face, as Sapphire Shores and Songbird Serenade both came over, "Oh, evening to you, ma'm," Spike greeted the two, respectfully, with his Knights following his example.

Sapphire Shores chuckled, "Now Spike," she began. "There's no call for formality."

"Indeed," Songbird spoke up. "We're here together as friends. Aren't we?"

"We are?" Spike asked, before he shook. "I mean, yeah! We are! It just feels kinda unusual to address you both casually. Especially you, Ms. Shores, er I mean, Sapphire."

Sapphire Shores couldn't help but laugh, "Now, Spike. Honestly, sweetie. I may be a teacher, but I'm still a girl. And as we say, girls just want to have fun!~" she sang, with Rara and Songbird nodding in agreement.

"Ooh, good choice of phrase," Featherweight commented.

"So, what are you boys doing here?" Rara asked.

"We're just out here for a Guys' Night," Spike answered. "What about you ladies?"

"Sapphire here's been telling us a lot about New York," Songbird answered on behalf of herself and her fellow singers. "So me and Rara got curious, and we talked Sapphire into showing us the place."

"And what do you think so far?" Button asked.

"So far, it's alright," Rara replied, before she looks down at herself. "Though, it feels kinda weird that to walk on two legs, lose my tail, the furs on my coat, and suddenly having these," Rara gestured to her breasts, which she cupped with both her hands.

In response, Spike and the boys' faces turned shades of red as they quickly looked away, so as to not look like perverts. Spike quickly held his hands to his nose when he felt a drop of blood on the verge of dropping, as well as stopping his whiskers from growing out.

Before the scene could get anymore awkward, a voice called out, "Well I'll be!" In a flash of light, and there stood Discord. "If it isn't my pals, Spike and the Knights! And the Lovely Serenities!"

"Who?" Spike and the boys asked, looking around for whom Discord was referring to.

"I think he's referring to us," Sapphire answered the boys.

Rara and Songbird both pondered on the name given by Discord, "Hmm, the Serenities," Songbird spoke. "It's got a nice ring to it."

Getting back on topic, Spike turned to Discord, "So what's cooking?" he asked.

"My cupcakes," Discord answered, magically holding out a tray of freshly baked cupcakes. "And I'm here with my date," Discord grinned, as he steps to the side to reveal an attractive girl, no older than the boys and girls, but shorter than Discord.

In appearance, the girl has a long, shoulder length, smooth lavender hair with straight cut at the bang, the bottom. Piercing emerald green eyes that are framed by dark purple eyeliners that shaped into sharp points at the corners, and swirls gracefully down on her left cheek. For attires, the girl wore a long light purple dress that hugs her curvaceous figure, with a dark purple belt at the waist with an emblem in the shape of a cat's head, and white sandals. The girl also wore bronze jewelry, embedded with jades, around her neck, wrists, and ankles.

"Hello," the girl greeted with a bat of her eyelashes.

"Hi," Spike replied. "I'm Spike. And this is Button Mash, Rumble, Tender Taps, Pipsqueak, and Featherweight," he said, introducing the rest of his boys.

"And I'm Sapphire Shores," Sapphire introduced herself. "And this here is Songbird Serenade, and Coloratura," she introduced her girls.

"Please, call me Rara," Rara insisted.

"Pleasure to meet you all," the girl smiled. "I'm Baast. Discord's told me a lot about you boys. But mostly you, Spike."

"Really?" Spike asked, looking at the eccentric magician who suddenly appeared besides him in a flash of light.

"Oh I indeed I did," Discord smiled, before he looked up at Baast. "What I tell you, Baast? What a friendly bunch!"

"Indeed I do, Dissy dear," Baast replied. "Though, I can see why, as you say, a lot of girls fall for Spike."

"WHAT?!!" Discord gasped in horror, appearing before Baast in a flash of light. "You're considering dumping me already?!"

Baast giggled lightly, "Oh, Discord. I'm just giving a compliment. You on the other hand," Baast purred, as she drew circles around Discord's chest. "You're a lot of fun for me."

"Oh you," Discord smirked, as he held Baast close. Turning his attention back to the boys and girls, Discord asked, "So, what are y'all doing here?"

"We were just having a guys' night, when you guys walked in," Button replied.

"And we were having some girls' night of our own," Sapphire answered.

"Oh, well hope you don't mind me and Baast," Discord said, as he twirls Baast. "But we're needed on the dance floor."

"Not to worry," Spike replied. "We were just about to leave anyway."

"The same with us," Rara spoke.

"Sorry, Discord," Rumble apologized. "We've got other plans and other places to be."

"That's okay, Rumble," Discord nodded in understanding. "It was nice to see y'all. And all."

"Right," Spike, together with the boys and girls took their leave. "See ya around, Discord!"

"Okay bye boys," Discord called.

With that, Discord and Baast both walked out on the dance floor, just when some female singers took the stage and sang some lyrics, which Discord and Baast both danced to.

Outside of the cafe, the Knights were walking down the streets of New York, with the now named Serenities joining, enjoying the lights, and the flashing billboards of Time Square.

"Wow," Rara marveled. "It's even prettier at night!"

"Mmm hmmm," Sapphire said in agreement. "You ain't seen nothing yet, girlfriend. There's more to show ya at the Winter Garden Theatre!"

"Ooh, I can't wait!" Rara squealed excitedly.

Sapphire turned to the Knights, "Well boys," the singer began. "I'm afraid this is the part where we must part way."

"That's okay, Sapphire," Spike replied. "You ladies go and have a good time."

Rara smiled as she walks over to Spike, "It was great seeing you again, Spike!" She said, holding her hands together, while shaking uneasily to the sides. "Will I ever see you again?" Rara asked hopefully.

Spike held a thumbs up, and smirked, "You bet," he replied.

Rara smiled, before she turns and waved, "See ya later," she called, as she ran after her fellow singers.

"Bye!" Spike called, before he turns and leaves with his guys.

"What I tell ya, Spike?" Button asked. "Ain't this the night?"

"Oh yeah," Spike smiled. "So far, it's the best night!"

"I'll say," Pipsqueak replied in agreement.

Spike's phone suddenly rang, "Sorry, that's me," he said to his guys, as he took his phone out to see he got a text from an unknown person. "Huh? Who is-" Spike's eyes widened, 'WHOA!!' he mentally screamed.

With a blush on his face, Spike turned to his guys, "I'll catch up with you later, boys!" Spike called, as he runs down an alley, and quickly look at the selfie shot of Gilda, in human form, posing in a black lacy lingerie. "Whoa, mama!" Spike said to himself in arousal, before he snaps out of it, and thought, 'I should save this,' Spike did so, as he saved the picture in his file. 'Though, would I get in trouble with the girls if they ever find out about this? Oh well, whatever the girls don't know, won't hurt me.'

Putting his phone away, Spike caught up with his Knights.

"You okay, Spike?" Pipsqueak asked. "What happened back there?"

"Oh, just a text from the girls," Spike spoke, half-truthfully. "They wanted to let me know they're showing Gabby, Gilda, and Starlight around."

"Those girls are here?" Rumble inquired.

"Yep," Spike replied. "They said they wanted to come and see New York. So the girls are giving them a tour of the city," The Knights all nodded in acknowledgment. "So what's next?"

"I don't know about you guys," Button spoke. "But all of these actions have got me hungry."

"Same here," Rumble added.

"Me too!" Featherweight joined.

"Famished," Pipsqueak said.

Featherweight then had an idea, "I know where we can go!"


Meanwhile

The girls were later having dinner at a Japanese restaurant. Surprisingly, who should they run, but Sunset Shimmer, who is working as a waitress at the restaurant.

Sunset Shimmer came walking over with girls' orders.

"Here you girls are," Sunset said, as she hands the girls their foods.

"Domo arigato!" Pinkie chirped, as she and the girls receive her order.

Twilight then clapped her hands together and said, "Itadakimasu."

"What?" the rest of the girls asked.

"That means, let's eat," Sunset answered.

"In that case, eat a duck and a mouse!" Pinkie cheered, as she wolfs down in her udon noodle soup.

"Pinkie Pie!" Rarity shrieked. "Where are your manners?"

"Oh that's okay, Rarity," Sunset grinned sheepishly. "Believe it or not, but in Japanese restaurants. Slurping sounds are compliments, not a sign of rudeness."

"In that case!" Pinkie Pie picks up a huge bowl of miso soup and downs it whole. "Deeeeelicous!" she smiled.

Just then, Spike and the Knights walked in, "Wow," Spike marveled, looking around. "It's like I'm back in Japan all over again. Except, I'm here with you guys, and not Uncle Scorpan."

"I know right?!" Featherweight asked excitedly. "I've been reviewing this place, and it's got excellent foods, together with the decorations that carries the tranquility and beautiful art of its homeland! Which is why I've picked this place for us, tonight!"

"It's also how you discredited Zesty Gourmand when you wrote the story that contradicts her reviews," Pipsqueak noted.

Soon, the boys were greeted by the restaurant's host, "Irasshaimase!" the host greeted. "Welcome to Red Phoenix Restaurant. How many people are in your party?"

"Rokunin desu," Spike answered in Japanese, surprising his posse. It means, "Six people," in English.

The host gasps, "Anata wa nihongo o hanasu koto ga dekimasu ka?" he asked, translated: "You can speak Japanese?"

Spike nodded his head, "Madamada desu."

After a few friendly exchanges between Spike and the host, the boys were directed to their seat, where they awaited for a waitress.

While they waited, Rumble was the first to ask, "You can speak Japanese?"

"Hai," Spike answered. "I told you boys. I've once gone to Japan with Uncle Scorpan, remember?"

"But you didn't speak Japanese when you came back," Pipsqueak added.

"You guys never asked," Spike reminded.

"Spike?! Boys?" some familiar voices called, and the boys looked to see, sitting next to them are the girls themselves.

"Girls?!" Spike exclaimed.

"What are you doing here?" they both asked in unison. "Having dinner for Guys'/Girls' Night," they paused for a moment, before they asked again. "You are?"

"Huh, what are the odds of us running into each other's night?" Pinkie asked.

Just then, Sunset Shimmer came to take the boys' orders.

"Sunset Shimmer?" Spike exclaimed in surprise.

"Spike?!" Sunset exclaimed in equal surprise.

The boys looked, and couldn't help but take in the fiery girl's new look, befitting for the restaurant she's working for. Sunset wore a sleeveless navy blue waitress uniform that reaches down to her knee, a white apron that's decorated with a green smiling octopus, a huge tidal wave that looks similar to the one seen in Japanese paintings, tied at waist by a white belt with blue stripes, which ends as a ribbon in the back, with what appeared to be a green fish's tail fin. To further her appearance to match the restaurant's them, Sunset wore white socks in a sandal, and her hair was done up in a bun, with an emblem that resembles a green pufferfish resting in her hair, a few ponytails hanging in the back, by a band that resembles a sushi roll.

"Whoa, Sunset Shimmer, you look good!" Featherweight complimented. "Or as you say in Japanese, kawaii!"

"Kawaii means cute," Spike spoke. "Though, another way to compliment a girl in Japanese is, Sunset Shimmer wa kirei desu ne!"

Sunset shyly looks away, "Thanks," Sunset blushed.

"Yeah, it's a surprise for us too," Starlight spoke.

"Anyway, what can I get you boys, this evening?" Sunset asked.

"I'll have the ramen noodle, please," Spike order. "Or as we'd say: ramen hitotsu kudasai."

Sunset simply rolled her eyes at Spike's Japanese talk, before turning to the rest of the boys.

"I'd like to have a bowl of fried rice, please," Pipsqueak spoke.

"This soba noodle of yours looks good," Tender Taps answered.

"I'll have your famous yaki udon," Featherweight said with confident.

"The nigiri-sushis look good," Rumble commented.

"What he's having," Button said, pointing to Rumble.

"Coming right up," With that, Sunset took her leave to get the boys' orders.

While the boys waited for their dinner, the skin on the back of Spike's neck started to twitch, as if he can feel the stares from the girls. Slowly turning his head, Spike looked to see the girls looking at him. In response, the girls quickly looked away.

"Oh, sorry Spike!" Twilight apologized, on behalf herself and the girls. "We didn't mean to stare."

"It's okay, Twi," Spike replied. "I get that a lot."

"And it ain't the fact he's a pr-" Button was quickly muffled by Rumble and Tender Taps.

"Shhh!" the two boys shushed their friend.

Ignoring the boys, Spike looked back at the girls, "So, what brings you ladies here?" He asked.

"I'd ask you the same thing, Sugarcube," Applejack replied.

"We're just here for dinner to put an end on our Guys' Night," Spike answered.

"Hey! Same reason to what we're doing!" Pinkie chirped.

"We're having a Girls' Night out!" Gabby added in equal excitement.

"Really?" Spike asked. "So how was it? Can you tell us all about it?"

"We'd love to tell you about our night, if you'd tell us about yours, Spike," Twilght said.

"Definitely!" Fluttershy said in agreement.

"Okie-dokie-lokie!" Pinkie smiled.

With that, both boys and girls all exchanged stories about their night out together. During which, Sunset Shimmer and gave the boys the foods they ordered. Sunset stuck around, at Twilight's request, as the conversation continues.

"Sounds to me you boys had a good time!" Applejack commented.

"I'd say the same for you girls," Spike replied. "Heh, we should have nights like this more often," Both girls and boys all exchange agreements.

"Then the fun will be doubled!" Pinkie cheered.

"Take it easy, Sugarcube," Applejack assured, trying to calm her pink hyper friend down. "Ya don't want to get us kicked out."

"Oopsie daisy," Pinkie smiled meekly.

"Well, either way," Button raised his cup up. "I second Spike's notion!" Soon, the rest of the boys and girls all raised their glasses in agreement. Sunset even picked up a glass she was carrying on her tray to join in the celebratory.

"To an awesome Guys' and Girls' Night!" Spike said, as he and his friends all clicked their glasses together.

"Cheers!" they said together.

PreviousChapters Next