• Published 14th Dec 2016
  • 14,288 Views, 122 Comments

The Traveling Son of a Great Dreemurr - jjb0420



Hi, my name is Asriel Dreemurr, I died helping my sister, was brought back as a flower, was SAVEd by another, then sent to another world..........wait what?!

  • ...
32
 122
 14,288

Chapter Thirteen- The Crystal Empire Part 2

Hmm...................Such unbridled HATE. Such...............Determination. And yet under all that, they have something else. Undyne the Undying generates her own Determination approximately 7 seconds after her HP hits zero, and has 2 minutes to engage Undying mode before.....................well, that doesn’t matter. Bete Noire gains strength the more fear her opponent feels, the more afraid she is, and the more SOUL energy she has collected. It’ll take some time to repair the damage done to the RESET.....................but if I succeed, it might be time to introduce a new contender. Someone who’s presence would create a stalemate, where only the sole victor of this war would have access to the SAVE.

You really think it’s a good idea to bring............her, back?

The-The more people in a time-timeline, the higher the risk-risk of overloading. Plus-Plus..................she is responsible for-for-for the destruction of Underswap-swap.

We would limit her power first. The OVERWRITE would only be able to tweak the rules, like you do Player. No one deserves such.............unbridled power, over the timeline.

I agree with AFAC-Gaster. One child with the power to turn back time is enough.

Well..................What-What about the Void-VoidCreation?” They all turn towards Error.

I thought when we created the broken RESET, we agreed we wouldn’t use that word. Especially with.............our company. I created my form from that stuff, and AFAC-Gaster is trapped inside from X-Gaster’s OVERWRITE.

Do not worry, Player. I...........understand that Error had no ill intention. And I agree that Bete Noire, Amelia, and Infinite pose some issues.

“Especially when all our worlds are under threat from this. The Genetrix was not coded to the genetic signature of a Pony-VoidCreation hybrid.”

I second Azmuth’s concerns.

“I agree with Faust and Azmuth. Amelia is an unpredictable wild card created by my students True Potential, not her status.”

Look.................Sigh, we all know they would’ve found out about SOUL Awakening eventually. Plus, if it wasn’t for her creation, the first Bete Noire would still be with Infinite’s alliance. Not to mention Celestia’s sister being free.

It’s-It’s not like the VoidCreation’s change-change of mind makes a-a-a-a difference. Infinite-Infinite saw it-it coming-coming-coming!

Groan! Don’t remind me.................you have no idea how long it took me to arrange for that moment to pass. If he had his way, she would’ve created another rip, and destabilized the fusion. But now, Infinite’s broken another rule: bringing people over from parallel timeline’s.

Yes.....................I’ve been keeping a close eye on that one.” He creates a screen in front of the table. “He brought her over from a timeline where she destabilized the fusion, and fused with................her pet.

That’s not the point, Gaster! So far Infinite’s broken nearly every rule I set, found every loophole to the Traveler’s abilities. If he breaks the big one...............

Total-Total Event Collapse-Collapse.

You did tell him the consequences of breaking that one. He would only ever break it if backed against the wall. After seeing footage of this.............Echo, Bete Noire, I believe we might have to go forward with the project.

................You know Ink has no interest in our war. Aside from Error, he’s the only one with access to the Doodle Sphere. And when X-Gaster OVERWRITED that tree...............

He betrayed everyone, I know!” They grab their skull as they glitch slightly, taking a breath. “Azmuth and I have been talking. We....................might’ve found a loophole. Through Othertale Sans and I, we have access to every world through the room behind the grey door, and his grey post-stations.

Those-Those won’t work, they-they don’t function as-as-as exits!

They chuckle. “Yes, that is true..............

“But they do function as entryways. By using a bit of Error’s and Player’s power to open breaches, we can boost their strength with Faust’s and Celestia’s magic to create a portal, that leads outside.”

“But where would they lead? Infinite has access to every timeline connected to Asriel’s tree,” Says Nick Fury.

.............What if said timeline, was far enough away, that he can’t get there? At least, not be able to find a way in before we found a better spot.

................No, no way. You know that place has ended its story. We don’t need to extend it!” says Bill.

Here’s the thing Bill. You’re new here, so you wouldn’t know much.

“What their trying to say is............they extended it already by reviving me as the Dark One.” Bill turns to another chair and spots Gold. Better known as Rumplestiltskin. “From the fact that you revived me, that means you connected my world to your ‘Nexus’. Not smart deary.”

I connected the United Realms. I can revive and restore the Enchanted Forest. Or better yet, cast the curse again and restore Storybrooke.

“And what makes you so sure i’ll agree to that?”

.................You do realize that my inability to revive someone from the dead, was a lie I told? You help us do this, And I’ll revive the two people you have the most guilt for losing. Belle.............

He freezes. “.............Bae. I can get them back?”

I smirk. “In that world, yes. I told a half lie to Infinite....................which I regret now more than ever. I can only resurrect the dead, not ERASEd, in the world they come from. I know how much they meant to you, and I know about how everything with you revolves around deals. You share that with Bill.

Let’s take it to a vote. All in favor of going forward with resurrecting Belle, Baelfire, and Cross!Chara, then bringing everyone to Storybrooke?” The only one to not raise their hand is Arceus, but they know not to question it due to his quadrupedal status. “Opposed?” No one raises. “It’s settled then. Othertale Sans and I will get to work on syncing all the grey doors and post-stations. Error, you’ll have to acquire the Dark Curse, and enough magic beans for this many people. Nick, you and Arceus are on defense. Azmuth, you, Bill, and Rumpelstiltskin need to find out more about the void, and what it would take to create the OVERWRITE button. Faust, How much longer until my doppelganger teleports you there?

My presence here put the teleportation spell in transit. The moment I leave this place, we’ll land in the Empire.

..............Then you and Player will have to do everything you can to stop the breach before the next Multiverse Shift. Next one is in half an hour, and I doubt ‘Amelia’ can stop that one.

Okay, if all of you are gonna keep ragging on that, we can fight right now. I know you’ll lose.” All their eyes shrink in fear, even Error and Gold. “As for the shift, it’ll be a handful.” my vision goes red, and I pull up a screen. My eyes shrink. “He’s seriously bringing over two of them!?

What-What is it-it now-now-now!?

I look up, my body shaking in fear. “.....................


We feel the ground shake slightly.

What in Tartarus is going on!?

Cadence’s spell is the only thing keeping that shield going, and a chunk of Sombra’s horn got inside. That dark magic must be making it fade faster than before!

What about my double? She’ll make sure your gang stays put.

...............Not quite. Remember how she stabbed Undyne? She....................Undyne, can generate Determination.

H-How is that possible anyway?! Monsters can’t have Determination!

Hehehe! Not quite true my friend. Boss Monster’s can generate it too. She’s the only non-Boss Monster to create it. As for the.....................melting issue, Pony food was physical enough that we integrated it into our bodies, giving a bit more of a physical form................................making us able to withstand and contain blood. And when we’re talking about Undyne.............

It allows her to withstand something else, as well.” We both turn towards the Empire, and spot Player. “We don’t have much time, so i’m gonna get straight to it. My Council doesn’t trust you, Amelia.

My smile falters slightly. “What do you mean by ‘council’?

Just as you have your group of five, I created a Council of Ten. Just as this Empire is Twilight’s test for
Celestia, They declared it’s your test as well. Sigh...........there’s more. Infinite has just breached two people to this world. You and both Bete Noire’s are the only ones with the magical prowess to keep the four at bay.

..............Wait. ‘Bete Noire’s’?

Asriel found a version of you in another AU. One he calls X-Glitch. Basically, Chara ERASEd that timeline, but you somehow woke up before Monsters were freed. Left them a blank slate.

..........With no idea of their magic. I only figured out my power after mother..............Agate, told me of my-her purpose. And the only way to jump-start magic like that................

No, no way! I........Asriel, nearly lost Lightmare’s love by doing that. And that was out of stupidity! But to actually, hurt someone like that for power? That wouldn’t just destroy their faith in him................

That would also destroy the one thing that made you, and her different.

Besides Player.....................Undyne the Undying has a Monster’s magic prowess, and Determinations power, to keep going. Plus, Nightmare Moon is stronger than Celestia, she can handle Sombra.

Well here’s the kicker, Amelia. Infinite didn’t just send anyone......................He’s sent two of the Travelers.

My eyes shrink. “Exactly.............which, Travelers were brought here?


You two are nothing compared to them. You are nothing compared to me!” She zooms forward, tackling the two. “You claim to know FEAR!? I will show you True Terror!

W-What..............Are you?!

Hmhm! I, am a NightmaOOF!” She gets knocked aside by a blast of magic, allowing the two to stand up.

They look over, and see two shadowy figures step through the rip. One a humanoid in black teenage attire, the other a fox with five tails.

Who................are they?

Hehehehe! Looks like my partner sent us some HELP.


We.....................have our work cut out for us.

Which is why before I got back here, I went to my lab in the Castle of the Two Sisters. With a little help from Azmuth................” They pull out a small, red and black USB from their left pocket, and a white and black one from their right. “Wireless Receivers. The red and black one acts as a signal-box connecting the Morpher to the Genetrix, while also creating a new form of safeguard against..................outside invasions, like during the wedding.

And I assume the white one...................is the Nobody Cards?

He slowly nods as he hooks the red and black receiver into the Morpher, and the other one into the watch. “This will also allow you to call on any of the three whilst in battle. As of this moment, the Genetrix is the central hub for the three, and will only respond to your genetic signatures. Asriel, Lightmare, and Amelia only. The Multiversal Morpher won’t use full power unless you use special phrases, to prevent overloading................and the cards can be activated by you alone, by crushing them.

I take the watch from him, and look at it. My view glitches, and I start to see flashes of different moments.............but they aren’t my own.

A single AU, made from the best of the others.

STOP! I don’t want to forget you!

He pretended to be a hero to gain time and to stop feeling emotions. Having feelings will only affect his plans. Those vials on his sash allow him to feel as if he had a SOUL. But that purple vial.....it doesn’t belong to him.

All my efforts..........were for nothing.....I’m supposed to never lose.....It’s not fair.....! IT’S NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It doesn’t matter if humans see me the way I used to look anymore, does it? I could never get used to being split in two.

Error and I have gone to great lengths to protect the OVERWRITE from those who would abuse it.

I told a half lie to Infinite....................which I regret now more than ever. I can only resurrect the dead, not ERASEd, in the world they come from.

You lose, Barry/Asriel!

Essokinesis-is-is is a fragile-fragile tool, and-and not to-to-to be tamper-ered with-with!

that son of a.......HE BETRAYED US!

no. this has always been his idea.

I wouldn’t risk more than four minutes.

Four............minutes....................That would be all the time I need.

I put the watch on.

Hello madam. It’s nice for a change of pace, isn’t it?

...................Yes it is, JARVIS. Yes it is.” I look at the two as they realize my change of tone. “Get Riolu out there. There’s only one way to fix this this........................it’s time that I fix what F4#$% broke.

What they bro-Amelia.” Their eyes shrink. “Amelia don’t!

A tear goes down my face as I warp away.


I land on the cold snow near the exhausted Nightmare Moon.

Had some trouble?

She looks up at me. “I was handling them just fine, until those two Travelers came in and kicked my butt!

Well clearly, you’re too damaged to keep going. Time to come back, I have a plan.

..............very well.” Her body evaporates into smoke, condensing into her SOUL, which I take into my body.

(Skip to 0:26 seconds in.)
I see you have been busy!” I turn around, and dodge left as Sombra sends up a spike.

Now, are we gonna have some fun, or are you just gonna give another speech?” Bëte says, creating a scythe.

I’m looking down. “............No.” I look up at their confusion, finally fed up for the first time in months. “I’m done playing.” A twisted grin grows on my face as a flame lights in my right eye. “Hehehehe! It’ll be more fun to try and fix this story!” I raise my hand, creating a purple flame. The smoke of its Perseverance condenses into a single, transparent, glitching purple button. “Hehehehehe! I believe you don’t know of this new power. OVERWRITE. First change......................” I press the button, causing Sombra to vanish, and her to grab her chest. “Sombra shall go about his course, unknowing of you or the deal you created. As for you, Any SOULs you might’ve taken in the other timeline are gone.” I hit the button again. In the Empire, Undyne’s been changed back to normal, and Sans notices the timeline changes. “You won’t be getting the satisfaction of killing Undyne the Undying, not when her files been restored to default.” I hit the button for a third time. The tear seals in a purple glitch. “Tear’s fixed. No more Heartless coming in. And to cheat a little....................” I hit the button one final time. Several purple lights appear and fly away from us. “Those will be a surprise for you, and Asriel. Now then...........” I dispel the button and summon my scythe again, giving a sadistic smile. “Let’s see how long you last.” And I charge forward, scythe blades clashing.

They managed to swing just in time, and try to kick me backwards. I weave out of the way and start slashing rapidly, same sadistic smile on my face and flames in my eye. They manage to parry multiple times, getting more and more weary as time goes by and the storm takes a turn for the worst, until I swing around and slash across her face, causing her to fly back and land on her feet. She looks up at me, and instead of human teeth, I see razor sharp incisors in what appears to be pink goop. She tears the rest off to reveal she looks like a humanoid Kumu, and runs towards me. My grin stretches out even further, and I swing my scythe downwards into the ground, sending black HATE spikes zooming towards her like a crack in ice. She narrowly jumps over them, and throws a pink spear in my direction.

HATE Tentacles.” I arch over as multiple sharp appendages made of pure HATE bursts out my back like a parasite, and lunge towards her and the spear. One pierces the spear, causing it to evaporate, whereas she keeps constantly dodging the others as they approach to strike. “Final Color Hyper Blaster.” Several dozen Hyper Blasters materialize, and open their mouths behind a large, spinning rainbow ring. Their combined shots converge inside the ring, and emerge out the other end as one large, rainbow colored beam that blasts her dead on. Those viewing from the Empire see a rainbow shockwave from where it landed. As the smoke and cold mist clears, I catch a glimpse of a pink eye-flare.

Hehehehe! Is that all you got? I thought that the ‘God of Hyperdeath’ would have more up their sleeves!

This makes me laugh like Flowey. “Coming from the person who’s still using old tricks. FEAR Scythe, trying to steal my SOULs? Only new thing about you is the look!

She snarls, then slowly starts to smile again.

Hehehehehe.............................Well then............if its a new trick you want, then we wont refuse. You’re not the only one with HATE on their side, and Infinite was gracious enough to give me a gift before coming here............time to call for some HELP!

She somewhat repeats what I did earlier, but rather than a Human shaped SOUL, it looks like a black and white cube. I cover my face as the smoke and mist blows past me, completely blind as two certain figures emerge next to her.

Hehehe! Isn’t this familiar, Amelia?!” I open my eyes and look, then my pupils shrink in shock and fear. Two purple and X-shaped eyes open as the figures step out.


Player grabs their chest, Frisk and Chara nearby along with both Betty’s. They notice and run over.

.......Impossible.

Player!” They all look over and spot Faust running in front of Celestia, Luna, Garnet, Gaster and Mom.

He closes his eyes, trying to open a portal, but ends up on his coughing up blood.

Their corrupted code is interfering with your powers, isn’t it?” Asks Gaster. Player doesn’t respond, causing him to close his eyes.

............Gaster.” They open their magic eyes, one red and one blue. “Gaster don’t!

He warps away, and Player turns towards Chara. “Get Riolu and your sister out there as fast as you can. We have a Bete Noire resurrection on our hands!

“Player!” They turn towards Toriel. “Where’s Asriel?”

I............Best to see for yourself. But one things for sure, this is gonna be messy.

She sighs, and looks up at them. “Let’s go.”


My shock was enough for them to get the drop on me. Meicrackmon zoomed in and slashed me with her claws, knocking me back. I manage to land on the ground, but grip my chest as purple glitches appear. I look up as Daniel swipes a device across their wrist, and Vulpes puts their tails together. As soon as Daniel finishes changing he starts charging an energy blast, and my vision distorts, making it look like i’m in the judgement hall. They both send blasts of energy towards me, and I close my eyes in brace.

Mirror of the Twilight!

As soon as I hear that I open my eyes, and see a dark purple pegasus behind a revolving mirror. The shots bounce off it, and hit the two causing the mirror to disappear.

I slowly walk forward, still gripping my chest. “......Imp Midna?

She turns towards me, snarling with red eyes.

She slowly grips her muzzle. “I..........will never get how you can stand HATE. It’s like.............millions of tiny voices telling you stuff that ticks you off, but yelling out of a speaker! I’m.................this close to snapping, I’m not even kidding.

Wait wait wait.............HATE? How did you...........!?

Infinite blasted me with the stuff, alright!? Groan! After you left Mewtwo and the others, Jack called me in. Infinite blasted me with these weird cubes, and now..............Urghh! now it feels like a volcano!

Cubes.............” Before I can finish, Meicrackmon comes in for another swing. Right before she lands however, she gets blasted away by a red beam. I look over to our right, and see Gaster adjusting his glasses as several hands rotate around him.

Amelia, Darkhearth................nice to meet your acquaintance. Hmm................what seems to be the matter with the Authors assistant?

She growls, baring sharp teeth at him. “Watch it Wingdings, I’m not in the mood.

Infinite attacked her just like the Travelers.............Asriel had it all wrong. He has the ability to spread HATE without killing them first!

He adjusts his glasses again, eyes shrunken to dots. “The ability to corrupt someone, while they still live...........and have a physical body? If your correct, nobody is safe from his influence.

Thats fine and dandy, but can we get to BEING A TICKING TIME BOMB?!” Right then, Daniel and Vulpes send another volley, and Gaster gets in front of us. We all brace for impact, but it doesn’t come. Instead, as the dust clears, two figures emerge. Lucario and Frisk. He absorbed Daniels Terra Force, whilst Frisk just deflected it away with a red shield. That’s when their eyes shrink at the three.

Daniel? V-Vulpes?

Meicoomon?

This causes them to freeze up for a split second. I look over at Gaster.

This isn’t going to end well. Take care of Bete Noire, I got them.” He nods and blinks behind them right as the three attack us. They take a step back as I slowly get up.

They aren’t listening. If I could say something comforting, I would but...............

Frisk turns towards me, and that’s when I finally notice. Her eyes are open, and glowing. “We weren’t about to let them kill you.............whoever you are.

I shrug my arms. “Can’t complain in that department sis. But was really the best idea to use LV? Asriel told you the risks.

She growls. “Considering this weird Bëte Noire killed a Crystal Pony, yes!” She shouts as she deflects another blast, the two getting closer.

My eyes shrink, and I grip my head. “A Crystal Ponies........dead? N-No.......No no no no no!” Right as I say that last word, my body starts to turn into pure light, and split apart, ejecting two bodies from it.


Minutes later I look up from the snow, and spot Lightmare opposite me. I look to my left, and my eyes shrink as I put up a shield.

Your magic is weak, amplified, but weak.......

And you’re inexperienced in doing this................

SO WHY AREN’T YOU FIGHTING?!” Him and Meicrackmon rush towards the two, ready to slash them, and Vulpes charges another blast. I quickly try to rush towards them...............

Lucario and Frisk close their eyes.

Because you’re my friend.

I stop a few feet behind them, my mind overloaded. They stopped centimeters from impaling them, and Vulped discharged the spell.

Lucario releases the Warp Evolution, changing back as Frisk dispels their shield.

H-Hey Daniel. Vulpes.

Meicoomon.

Do you remember me?

Tears go down their faces as I try to recover from this, and comprehend what’s happening. Lightmare slowly stands up and sees what’s going on.

It’s me, your friend, Riolu./your friend, Frisk.

I look towards the empire and see that the shields down. Sombra’s about to lose, and people are coming this way.

Please..............I miss you.

Suddenly...............Deep, deep in my body, I hear something ringing. A heartbeat. Then a cracking, and I look over at them. All of them gripping their chests as white sparks spring around their bodies.


Betty’s blocking shots from Gaster’s hands when they feel something snap from inside them.


Infinite’s trying to break through some sort of wall when the grip their chest, feeling two sharp stabs of pain.

............No.


Three bright pillars of light erupt around them as the Crystal Empire starts to shine like a diamond.

“...............Riolu.”

Frisk.

They both run towards the lights. “GUYS!MEICOOMON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The earth splits as the Empire sends a wave of rainbow and white light, causing the pillars to expand outwards.


When my vision finally clears, I see my mom, the Princesses, Garnet, Pearl, and Player standing near a large door, talking to each other. I straighten up and try to get out of bed, but lose my balance for a second.

Mom happened to be looking this way when it happened, and rushes over to me. “Son!” They all walk over as she helps me onto the bed.

I hold my head. “What.................happened?”

Try to remember.

When Lightmare unlocked her True Potential, you were with her. The one who spawned from that incident may have done some..................questionable actions, but she still did some good. And they passed the test.

That’s when I look around. We’re in a large room, filled with beds. Everyone who was there is resting, taking care of injured, or watching us.

“My question is..........What exactly was that?” I look behind me and see Lightmare.

Pearl sighs. “That...........was a fusion. Between the two of you. Think hard enough and the memories of that experience should be there.”

I drop my hand down to my leg as Lightmare looks around in contemplation.

“It’s not as much as memories as..................”

“A dream. One of another life. Luna understands what I mean.”

She walks closer and nods. “Indeed. And that’s how your mom and Pearl found out about everything that has occurred since you left.”

I groan. “Would you stop poking around my memories!? I don’t like people knowing all of that. Every.................bad day.”

Well...........you can at least say that this was a good one. The Bete Noire Amelia SPAREd has been quite helpful in explaining how the HATE Transfer process works.

Yeah, like that’s been any help!

Player sighs after looking over at their friend. “It’s like when you were hypnotized into creating Lupe. It creates a nearly impenetrable lock on the victims SOUL, sealing away every positive emotion, every...........happy memory, until a person is left with nothing but the worst parts about them. The reason you and Jesse over there weren’t corrupted completely is because it only locked off part of your SOULs. Leaves you in control, but vulnerable to influence.

“Then...................how were..........Vulpes, Daniel, and Meicoomon..............freed?” Asks Lightmare, contemplating her memories.

“...........By using the only thing that can remove it. Asriel told me everything while he was in Canterlot. The only way to get rid of HATE is to kill the host..............or remove it using the opposite.”

“.............Love.” They all look at me. “.............This isn’t the first time a person’s HATE was removed, but it’s the first time it wasn’t a monster. Hmhmhm! And she never realized it until it was too late. You know what I’m talking about, Player, Faust................Jesse.”

“Dear, what are you.............?”

“It.............doesn’t really matter, mom. That person has been gone for a long time. Ask Frisk when you have the chance. What i’m curious about, is that fusion.”

“I’m curious as well. How did that work, and how was she able to resurrect that mare?” Asks Luna.

I..................can help with that dear.

“Yes, your.....................Council, I believe it was Player. You’ve been keeping secrets again, what else have you been keeping?”

Asriel that doesn’t matter! Sigh, look we..............don’t have much time. The reason I haven’t been around you much is because in return for using the form of the hacker.............Ink banned me from getting close to you.

“Wait.” I stand up. HATE forming braces on my legs. “Ink?” Then it all starts to flood back into my mind.

A single AU, made from the best of the others.

STOP! I don’t want to forget you!

He pretended to be a hero to gain time and to stop feeling emotions. Having feelings will only affect his plans. Those vials on his sash allow him to feel as if he had a SOUL. But that purple vial.....it doesn’t belong to him.

All my efforts..........were for nothing.....I’m supposed to never lose.....It’s not fair.....! IT’S NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It doesn’t matter if humans see me the way I used to look anymore, does it? I could never get used to being split in two.

Error and I have gone to great lengths to protect the OVERWRITE from those who would abuse it.

I told a half lie to Infinite....................which I regret now more than ever. I can only resurrect the dead, not ERASEd, in the world they come from.

You lose, Barry/Asriel!

Essokinesis-is-is is a fragile-fragile tool, and-and not to-to-to be tamper-ered with-with!

that son of a.......HE BETRAYED US!

no. this has always been his idea.

I wouldn’t risk more than four minutes.

My eyes shrink.

That’s why Ink did nothing about the timelines, why I haven’t seen Error since that day................the vial..............

I reach into my pocket. My shaking hand slowly takes out the purple vial. Faust, Player, Garnet, Bete Noire, and Sans spot it, and their eyes shrink. I raise it up to my eyes. I shakily raise my hand, and wave over it. Like a cloud in the wind, a spell blows away revealing half of a glowing, purple SOUL.

Player hops over and grabs it out of my hands, red pupils the size of needlepoints.

This explains..............why I felt his presence in Winds of Change. How Amelia..............managed to use the button.

And why he hasn’t OVERWRITED any worlds yet. Because after that mess, he can’t find the other half Error has.

“Not to mention the fusion. It must’ve............stabilized me enough to contain her physical form.”

Okay, this is where the mic is dropped.” I look up and see Garnet, adjusting her glasses. “Now pass it over to me.

“It’s not that simple to create that kind of fusion. From what..............Player, and Sans have described, you basically did what we Gems do. And it’s not as simple as holding a vial in the right place and time.”

To create a fusion like that, you need two things. A form made of light...............” She holds one hand out to me...............and holds out another to Lightmare. “.....................And someone that you trust with that light.

I look back at her, eyes dots and mouth open. She dashes out of the room, me following her closely to the others shock.


I find her sitting at a balcony, looking outward.

I move to speak, and she raises a hoof. “You don’t get to speak after what you said...........”

“I said that to protect you! Infinite wants to................”

“He wants see you suffer I know, that does...........”

THAT’S NOT WHAT I MEANT! HE WANTS...........” I grab my face as she looks back at me in shock. “You...........really think i’m that hollow? That..........I would lie to you like Flowey? If...........if I didn’t still trust you, that fusion wouldn’t have worked. Because in that exact moment, there was nothing but trust.”

She slowly walks over to me. “Then tell me why, why in Faust’s name you did that? Tell me.............or we’re through.”

I slowly raise my hand, and snap. A pyre of red flames surround us, and we end up in a white room. She looks around as I walk over to a pedestal in front of us, and turn a key. It activates a holographic display of a newspaper.

She walks towards me. “What..............is this?”

“It’s............an article, from the future. It’s a story about Barry vanishing while fighting the Reverse Flash. Read the name and byline.”

She looks closer. “’Flash Missing............Vanishes In Crisis. Julie Greer, April 25, 2024.’ I d............”

“The byline used to read ‘Iris West-Allen.’” She tilts her head in confusion. “Sigh.........This occurred when Eobard went back in time to kill him, all those years ago. After he..............lost his connection, to the Speed Force, he used this to keep time on track. When Zoom came around, Barry traveled back in time to get Thawne’s help.............that removed this...............until Flashpoint. Guess why it’s different.”

“I don’t know................She stops working there? What does this have to do with.............”

“.........I’m getting there. Barry and I thought so too.” I lean against the wall, wiping away tears. “Lightmare, i’m so, so sorry for not telling you this. When Barry and I threw the Brahmastra, and Phantom Ruby away we.................were blasted into the future. I saw Infinite murder you.”

Her eyes slowly widen in fear, and she backs up into the wall.

“And............I was there, and.............I wasn’t fast enough to save you.”

She walks away from me. “But................we destroyed the Phantom Ruby, shouldn’t he...........?”

“I-I don’t know, he...........he was there today, so................maybe not, maybe not.”

She sniffs as tears drop to the floor. “And.............Barry was, a-acting like you b-b-because..........?”

“He was there too. So was Savitar, and..............he killed Iris.”

She wipes her eyes with a hoof. “What does............all of this have to do with............lying to me like that?”

“Infinite, wants to make me suffer. I thought that by, distancing myself from you that.........I don’t know, it would prevent your death, I don’t know.”

She turns to me. “You can’t stop loving me just to protect me.”

“What else could I have done? I mean, you hate me for doing that, but you stay alive. Your mom would’ve wanted me to do the same thing, Lightmare!”

She covers her eyes. “How long.............How long until it happens, I...........”

“This is not gonna happen.” She starts sobbing, and I wrap my arm around her. “Hey, hey...................look at me. This is not gonna happen. Jay and Sans said that your death is just one possible future, okay? And time is different between earths, so that gives us tons of time to figure out how to stop Infinite. I swear, on both our parents’ lives, I will protect you.”

She sniffs, and wraps her front hooves around me as I shift back into childhood.

“.........W-Who........w-who else kn-knows?”

“Only the Royal Family. Player probably does too.”

“............W-We can’t do this alone.”

“I know. And we won’t..............once Barry’s friends know, they’ll be doing everything they can to fix this. And we’ll be there. All, of us. Because if we are going to prevent this..................we need all the Travelers.”

“.........H-How do we do that?”

“....................It’s ironic, considering what I taught my sisters.......................but by using the opposite of HATE.”

I kiss her mane as we breach back. For the first time in months, I genuinely feel the one emotion i’ve been lacking...............................Love.


Author's Note:

And that's the chapter done. Won't be working on this for awhile, gonna be working on something new. I want to do something new, until I find inspiration for this again. I merely wanted to get this done before Christmas day, as a gift to you all. Thanks, and Happy Holidays! As always,

Stay Pony my Friends.

Bye!

Comments ( 15 )

Interesting.

9448728

Yeah...............Back during the first about............5 or 6 chapters, I was completely new to fanfic writing. Not to mention I wasn't quite sure how speaking in stories worked in terms of punctuation or buildup. I eventually get better, but don't have the time or will to go back to correct things. I apologize dearly to everyone for this issue.

Forgive me for sounding impatient, but when's the next chapter. I mean; I understand if there's other things going on, it's just that Christmas last year was the recent update, and I half expected there to be an update since then. Regardless, keep up the good work, and I hope the next chapter real soon! ^^

9629346

I understand, and I am currently working on a new chapter. Unfortunately, it's slow work due to schoolwork taking a large chunk out of my day, and I have a small case of writer's block. Hopefully I can back to working on it more and get it out. To make up for it, I will say that this chapter will take place during a particular episode of season 3, with an additional character added into the mix. Thanks, and look forward to getting back to writing.

9370247

That was Lightmare. Celestia understands what shes done wrong and is trying to make things right by working with him.

Comment posted by jimerjam deleted Oct 11th, 2019
Comment posted by Counter-Guardian-Emiya deleted Mar 29th, 2020

9684685
Is this story dead or?

Comment posted by Torielfan2019 deleted Dec 1st, 2020
Comment posted by Torielfan2019 deleted Dec 25th, 2020

Woo hoo! Today's the 2nd anniversary of when this chapter had been updated in 2018! Joking aside. Merry Christmas and have a happy new year! I hope you'll overcome your writer's block and revive this amazing story! ^^

10597571

Thanks! Merry Christmas to you too. I have been working on the next chapter, it's just been very slow since i've started college. I hope to get it out soon.

Any release date for the next chapter in mind?

11533411
Seeing As This Was Last Updated In 2018 And It's 2023? I'm Gonna Go With "Yes"

Login or register to comment