• Published 14th Dec 2016
  • 14,198 Views, 122 Comments

The Traveling Son of a Great Dreemurr - jjb0420



Hi, my name is Asriel Dreemurr, I died helping my sister, was brought back as a flower, was SAVEd by another, then sent to another world..........wait what?!

  • ...
32
 122
 14,198

Chapter Ten- A Canterlot Wedding Part 1

A breach opens up in the throne room, six people emerging.

“You guys stay here, I’ll find Luna.” I start to walk out.

“But why did you bring us here during the night?”

I stop. “I didn’t...........The watch was set for the day of Twilight, and my family getting the invitation. Now please, try to stay quiet, I don’t want to deal with Celestia right now.”

I walk out the door, look down both ways, and speed of to the left once sure no guards are coming.


I stop at a door with a crescent moon, and open it. I find her in the spell I saw her using once before.

“This time, I’ll be more polite.” I put a hand out, and close it into a fist surrounded by a rainbow flame. The spell around her glitches, and in front of me a transparent, ghost-like image of her appears.

“What the..........Where am I?!” She then spots me. “.........Asriel? What is this?” She looks at herself. “..........Am I dead?”

“I see you’ve improved with speech. No, you’re not dead..............I used my magic to tweak your spell a bit. You are still asleep, this is merely..........an astral projection? Best way I can describe it.”

“........Still, it’s nice to see you okay. About half of the Monsters.............’jumped the gun’? They thought it was a confession before suicide or something.”

I facepalm. “I did that because I was tired, of keeping the Authors secrets. I discovered he’s been planning things. Displacing Lightmare, my death, everything.”

She looks down. “Who else came back?”

“Everyone who left to the world Lightmare, Riolu and I went to..........plus one more.”

She tilts her head. “What do you mean?”

“................I may have found one of Beté Noire’s doppelgängers. She’s from a timeline where her purpose was never activated. A good Betty.”

“So.........you want my help then?”

“I just.............I want to protect her, and Lightmare. Could you find us a room to stay in the castle, just for the wedding?”

Her eyes shrink. “How’d you know about.........?”

“Let’s just say Frisk told me everything.” I walk closer to her. “Sigh.............Listen. I didn’t want to tell anyone this, but.............besides Sans, and your mother, there’s not many I can trust.”

She tilts her head.

“A few...........A few hours ago, I was fighting Infinite.” She gapes at me. “The Phantom Ruby dropped off him when he was pulled into...........this weird breach. I managed to throw it into the Void, but..............I was launched into the future.”

“The.............The future?”

“About seven months from now. What I saw...........it broke me. When I shouldn’t have been able to be broken further. I saw Infinite murder Lightmare.”

She stands there, blank with shock. “Your saying...........in a few months..........she dies?”

I nod as I cover my face, trying to compose myself before I cry again. “Unless I can somehow change the future...........yes. I.............I need you, and your families help. Despite deverything............even Celestia understands how important love is, and your mother is the princess of Time and Space.”

“.......You want me to vouch for you,” she says, her voice breaking.

I close my eyes, and nod. “I.............I can’t lose someone else. She’s.........special. She’s one of only two people I’ve actually cared about since that day.............and the only one I can still love.”

She sighs, then closes her eyes, disappearing as the spell behind her deactivates. She lands on the ground, and gets back up, then walks towards me.

“I...........I failed, to protect two alternate versions of my darker half.................I don’t wanna lose her too.”

I hug her. “We’ll find a way to save her.”


We all follow Luna, then stop at a door.

“This leads to a small hallway of rooms. One for each of you...........save Asriel and Lightmare.”

“We can’t thank you enough, princess,” says Lightmare.

“It’s no problem, my dear.” She faces me and Sans. “Contrary to you Sans, and your parents belief, I’m with my mother when it comes to...........my older sisters actions.”

“You didn’t know she would stoop so low, it’s okay.”

Sans closes his eyes, and sighs. “look. i get that you’re trying to atone for your family.............but it’s not you i’m mad at. your sister...............until she feels guilt, and tries to answer for her sins, nothing will change. however............” He puts a hand on her. “maybe with your mother back on the throne, and you to help her...............maybe we can finally get that peace, both races have desired.

She smiles. “I think mother would enjoy that. And she’s been trying to change things for the better. Both her and the Dreemurrs have been making new laws, to prevent what’s happened before from happening again.............such as what happened to the unicorn filly.”

I look down. “She was caught in the crossfire of some ponies trying to hurt monsters..............and Sans’ aunt fighting in self-defense.” I sigh, and look up at her. “Before you go back to your duties, I gave one last favor to ask. I would like to talk to the groom. Let’s just say.............I need to discuss something.”

“.................I shall see what we can do. Goodnight.” She then leaves us.

“Okay..............Sigh. You all get some sleep, it’s gonna be busy.”

What about you?

“I don’t really need sleep. Besides............I need to check on something in Ponyville.”

“..........Okay honey. Goodnight,” says Lightmare as they all head toward their rooms.

“Goodnight.” And they all close their doors. I sigh, and speed out of the castle, down the hill, and into Ponyville where I stop in my old room.

Okay...............Let’s see if I can do it here.’ I wave my hand in the air, causing several different screens to appear. ‘Now then................Let’s see what paths the future can take.


She wakes up to the sun shining in her eyes.

GROAN! I swear, sometimes........”

“You wish the sun was gone?” She turns her head, and spots me sitting in a chair with a book.

“I...........Yes. I get that the land needs the night and day, but..............”

“Hey, I get it. You just have more of a connection to the night then most ponies, that’s all. Just as Twilight.............Begrudgingly, has more of a connection to the Sol Incarnate. Living most of ones life in such close proximity will do that to you.”

“Then why...........?”

“Do you have the opposite, considering you were both her students?” I put down the book, get up, and lay in the bed with her. “Your time under the thrall of the Nyx Incarnate, removed and replaced that connection. It’s like........dowsing a flame with water, and pouring some afterwards on the spot.”

“That............that explains a lot.” She looks up at the ceiling. “I’m...........I’m just curious. What’s your strongest attack?”

I look at her, then up at the ceiling. “Well...............depends. A lot of my attacks are strong, which is why I usually stick to speed, and my blades. But if you’re really curious..............the Hyper Goner.”

“Isn’t that what you used on Infinite?”

“No, no.............I called those that because of how similar they are in design. For sake of understanding, I’ll call those Hyper Blasters. The Hyper Goner................it’s something else entirely. Picture a single blaster, but the size of Canterlot.”

Her eyes shrink. “That’s big.”

“Here’s the final bombshell. If I summoned that thing, everyone save me, Frisk, Chara, and probably Gaster and the Alicorns.............would be ERASEd.” She turns to me in shock. “That’s right. It has the power to consume entire timelines, like you ponies eat apples.”

“You...............You have so much power...............Yet so much control.”

“Power without control often corrupts....................or destroys.” I get up out of the bed. “You can go see everyone at the station if you want...............I need to talk to the groom.”

“Who is the couple anyway?”

“..............Princess Mi Amore Cadenza, better known as Princess Cadence..................and Shining Armor. Twilight’s brother.”

She jumps into the air, hovering. “Twilight has a brother!?! Why in Tartarus did she never once mention this!?”

I hold my head. “It..........baffles me too. Apparently a lot of fans of the show were baffled that she had a sibling. Never once mentioned it until now, and I only knew cause Frisk told me.”

She floats back down, looking confused. “But wait.................You said this ‘Cadence’, is a princess. Does that mean...............?”

“Yes. She’s an alicorn.” She gapes at me. “She’s the princess of Love. After the wedding................I might talk to her.” I walk over to the door. “Now please, I need to talk to Shining Armor, and the Queen.” I walk out, and speed off.


I stop near a door leading outside, when I hear someone yell behind the opposite door. I walk over to it.

What do you mean you let them stay!?

Celestia..........

Of course I let him, and his friends stay! Why, why do you hate and distrust him so much!?

Indeed Luna. Celestia, why do distrust him so?

And Luna.................the last must be Faust.

How many times must I tell you my reasons!? He’s...............!

“If you say i’m Infinite, I swear to your mother...............” They all turn to see me face-palming.

“Oh...............Prince Asriel. So, both my daughters, and your families statements were true. You came back from death like me...........But how?”

“Not exactly like you........But i’ll save that for after the wedding. Now, Celestia.” I turn to her. “Why do you still think i’m Infinite?”

GROWL! Must you really ask that question!? All the proof points to you!”

“............You want proof? FINE!” I zoom over, and grab her. “Before I came back here, I saw him murder the woman I love!” Her face turns to confusion as I take a breath, and let her go. I turn away from her. “I changed my mind about waiting.............I was resurrected through unorthodox methods............so now, I can’t feel anything!” They gape at me. “That’s right! Because of you, I can’t feel love, compassion, or even happiness for my family, or friends! The one person, the only person, I can still love...........is Lightmare. So yell at me, waste your time...............all I am is a SOULless husk, running on the Determination and power of the SOULs...............I came back because I wanted your help. I thought at least you, would understand the need to defend those you love. I’ll help with the wedding preparations................but once that is over, i’m gone.”

I start to walk over to the door, but stop when one thing is said.

“I hated you because I understand that need!”

I slowly put down my hand as it turns into a fist, and turn towards Celestia right next to the door. “One chance, and i’m leaving. Make it count.”

She looks down, then back at me. “This whole time, I wanted to work with you, honest! But............everytime, I felt this..............fear, creeping up inside of me. At first I didn’t understand it, so I worked with your family. But then as time went on, you showed the incredible............no, unimaginable power, you possess inside you! Running at the speed of sound, changing and creating things with a snap of your fingers................I couldn’t understand. And then one day.................The day of your first disappearance.................Something in my mind inaccurately pieced it together.” She slowly walks towards me with caution. “I had only felt such fear once in my life.”

“Let me guess..........when you fought Infinite.” She tilts her head. I cross my arms. “SOULless beings can only feel four things. Basic survival instinct, anger, fear, and the satisfaction of winning............These days, he’s the only thing i’m afraid of. That, and Lightmare dying. Your point?”

“My point.............is that........I’m, sorry. Sigh, look, don’t get me wrong. I know after everything, I can’t fix this. Tartarus, I still have a weird feeling when i’m around your family! But can we at least try to work together?!”

I look down at the floor, then turn to the door. I sigh, and grab my face. “Look. I get it. You don’t have to trust me now, I don’t trust you right now either. But I know that distancing myself from you won’t do anything. So i’ll compromise.” I slowly walk towards her, and keep talking. “In some worlds, different cultures have what is a called a, ‘life debt’. You took my life. So repay it to me................by helping me save the life of the one I love.” I hold out a hand as she gapes at me. “Do that, and maybe I can start to trust you again.”

She looks over at her family, then over at the murals before turning to me, and shaking with her left hoof.

I let go. “We can talk about this tonight. I’m talking with the groom. Lets just say..................I have a feeling I know what’s coming.”


I walk outside and find Twilight talking with a white, unicorn stallion with a blue mane, and a shield cutie mark.

“Twilight Sparkle.” They both turn and spot me walking up steps. “As I live and breath, I was wondering if I got the date right.”

She gapes at me. “A-A.........Asriel?”

“Howdy old friend! It’s been awhile.”

She walks up and pokes my arm with her right hoof.

She takes a step back in shock. “How............How...........”

“Now now Twilight, take a breath.” I tilt my body to the left. “I assume you’re the groom, Shining Armor?”

Their eyes focus on me as they walk closer. “How do you know this, when my sister didn’t know until today?”

I facepalm. “Before you come to any............negative conclusions, I studied future events to be a little prepared. For after I finished seeing the different worlds. Or were you that out of the loop when it came to your sister?” He fumes at this. “I’ll stop.” I turn to Twilight. “I assume my families around here?”

She snaps out of it. “Oh, yes. They’re gonna help my friends with the wedding preparations. Applejack’s doing concessions, Rarity’s doing the dresses, Rainbows.........”

“.........Rainbow’s doing a Sonic Rainboom, Pinkie’s planning the after party, Fluttershy’s training a bird choir, and you’re overseeing everything, I know. Like I said, I studied up.” I perk up at the sound of magic charging, and blink to the left. The second after I blink, a pink bolt of magic whizzes by me, hitting the wall where I was previously. I slowly turn my head towards the point of origin, seeing a very shocked unicorn. I tilt my head and bring up my hands. “What? You thought I was just gonna stand there and take it!?” My left eye ignites, and he gets pulled closer to me.

“H-H........How..........?”

“Next time you tangle with someone, make sure its not a Monster. It could be the last thing you do.” I let him go from the magical grasp, but my eye is still going. “I just wanted to say hello, help out with preparations............and suggest an idea for the after party.”

They both gape at me.

“What............What idea?” Asks Twilight.

“Lightmare singing.” She raises an eyebrow to it. “Even without using her singing to channel magic, she has a beautiful voice. Trust me when I say............You haven’t heard music, or lived, until you heard her sing.”

“But what do you mean by ‘preparations’?” Asks Shining.

“Nothing much. Decorating, helping around the kitchen...............giving a hand in defense.” Shining gapes at me again. “Your forcefield’s strong, but not strong enough for a speedster. Anything going over 100 miles per hour can pass right through. I must ask though, isn’t a forcefield dome a little overkill for a wedding?”

“It has nothing to do with the wedding. A threat has been made against Canterlot. We don’t know who’s responsible for it, but Princess Celestia asked that I help provide additional protection.”

“Just as I suspected...............If you could show me how the spell works the next time you recharge it, maybe I can adapt my spell to do the same thing.”

“Wait.” Twilight walks forward. “How are you still alive anyway?”

I rub my face. “I...........I don’t like talking about it. It’s mainly because I couldn’t let go, not after dying once. If you want to know how, ask my family. I told them everything during Christmas.” They both tilt their heads. “GROAN! Hearthswarming! God, I can’t say anything without eyebrows being raised, or heads being tilted!”

“Hey, it’s hard when you blow everything out of the water! Not to mention when my brother kept this secret, and my foalsitters acting strange.

I perk up at this. “Strange? Strange how?”

She looks straight at me. “How in Tartarus did you hear that!?”

I point at my ears, and waggle them. “These aren’t just for show. And before you ask, no, there isn’t a hole underneath.................I can hear your heartbeat. I can hear the wind, the water rushing down the mountainside...........I can hear people talking down below us. I hear someone coming.” I turn behind me, and see Lightmare open the door.

“Oh, hey Asriel. I was trying to find Twilight to ask a question...............and here she is.”

“H-Hi Lightmare.” She looks back at me. “That explains a lot about how your family can hear whispers so well. Not to mention Fluttershy’s gentle voice.”

“It comes in handy. I think I might be the only person who’s heard her name on the first go.” I walk over to Lightmare, and turn to Shining Armor. “This is who I was talking about before. This is Lightmare, Pegasus singer, and, as of recently............my girlfriend.” They gape at me. “Say anything, and you’ll have to worry about more than the wedding!”

“Honey.” She gets closer to me. “Take a breath. It’s ok.”

I take a deep breath, and hold my head. ”Sigh..............I’ll be checking out this forcefield if anyone needs me.” And I walk off.


I slowly approach the forcefield, and put a paw on it.

“This energy.................It’s quite similar to a Monsters shield. Hmm...............” I put out the other paw, and rainbow blames surround them.

I call the power unto me, from furthest parts of earth and sea.

Enhance this magic with my power...............and break on the defining hour!

The entire dome turns pure white in a burst of energy You can start to hear a chilling wind.

I drop to my knees in exhaustion as I hear someone walk behind me.

“Quite the feat of magic.”

“One of the greatest, Faust...............still hard though. I was once able to conjure them like a simple shield spell. Now..............it takes nearly all of my power.”

“Well.............” She sits down next to me. “Didn’t your family once say that seven wizards created the Barrier?”

Sigh...........I guess since it takes the equivalent to seven SOULs to destroy one............it makes sense that’s the same is required to do the opposite.”

“I have.........a small question for you.” I slowly nod for her to continue. “What abilities do certain traits afford?”

Sigh............Let’s see...........Kindness SOULs have great healing powers. With enough practice, they could save someone from near fatal wounds. Justice is good with projectiles. Bravery is similar, only with physical strength...............Integrity is interesting. One can easily lose that trait if they lose their integrity.”

“How can someone ‘lose’ their specific trait?”

“I don’t mean as in ‘losing oneself’, or losing the trait altogether. If someone acts out of character, or suffers a great enough shock, they can lose that connection. Until they find it again, one can’t use magic.” I look down. “I studied Perserverance for awhile..................and man it is powerful.” I turn to her. “Have you heard of the power...........to OVERWRITE?”

“..................Only once. Your skeleton friend mentioned it once, while thinking about how you resurrected nine people, without breaking the rules.”

“Yes...........he would think that. Just as high amounts of Determination allow someone’s to SAVE and LOAD, high amounts of Perseverance allows one to OVERWRITE................And those changes are permanent. It’s like writing over someone’s story with permanent marker. The only way to fix it would be to overwrite, the OVERWRITE.”

“Hmm...................The SOUL has great power inside it.”

“That.............is why monsters were feared. Imagine all that power, multiplied by the number of SOULs inside. It’s godlike.” I slowly stand up. “Tell your daughter that I’ll be looking through the Royal Archives.” And I walk off.


“Come on! Not a single pony other than Starswirl has tried to figure this out!?”

“He was more............experimental, when it came to magic. He came closest to replicating my mothers magic than anyone else.”

“Which explains why the strongest time spell this guy made, only sends you back a week or two. At best, a month if amplified!”

She yawns. “Well, I need some sleep. Perhaps we can see if theirs anything older in our old castle?”

“...........Okay. You go sleep, I’ll keep working.”

She walks over to me. “Why don’t you sleep too?”

“SOULless beings don’t really need sleep for nourishment. Go on, I think I can handle this on my own.”

She nods, and leaves as I keep flipping through a book. Several pages later I spot something.

“Hmm...........’Chronal Reversion. With the proper casting, one can reverse aging whilst keeping their cognitive knowledge.’ Interesting...............yet more of a prank or attempt at immortality.” I rub my eyes. “Sigh.............Maybe Celestia was right. My body might not need it, but my mind could feel satisfaction from the rest.” I look at the large pile of books, and resign to the idea. “That settles it. I’ll try to sleep again, if only to relax my senses.” I then get up, and leave the room for an empty bedroom.

Unbeknownst to me, a shadow emerges into the torchlight, and condenses into a certain figure. They spot the open book, and read the spell.

They chuckle. “Chronal Reversion...............Heheahaha! I like the sound of that!” They raise their gloved claws, energy spewing out.

From the darkest parts of earth and sea, I call their strength unto me.
Measured by the objects that chime, turn back the hands of time!
REVERSE THEIR AGES BUT NOT THEIR MINDS!
ONLY STOP WHEN THEY RECONNECT WITH THE DIFFERENT KINDS!

A shockwave of red energy blasts out, spreading over all of Canterlot. They cackle as they fade away.


The moment the shockwave went off, I felt it’s energy. I turn, and spot it quickly approaching, and speed off.

“Red energy...........Infinite! That can wait, I have this to deal with!” I then turn towards the direction of the Barrier, and increase my speed. I pass through it the moment it reaches, barely missing me.

I take a couple breaths. “I haven’t ran that fast..................Since I ran back in time during Flashpoint.” I look back at the shield. “What did that son of a demon just do?” I touch the shield, phasing right through. The moment I fully emerge, I collapse to the ground in exhaustion. I grip my side as I glitch slightly.

“I’m-I’m lucky............Sigh, that I took an injection before Celestia left.” I look forward at the capital. “Whatever he just did, it covered the entire city....................Lightmare!” I speed off towards her room.


I run stop right in front of the door, and bang my fist on it. “Lightmare!”

No response. I sigh, and vibrate through the door. I spot a small body moving under the sheets, and slowly raise a corner.

“May I ask which filly is under here?”

The mass stops for a second. “Wait.............That voice.............Asriel?

“Lightmare?” The corner is yanked out of my hands by a small white hoof. “Come on. It’s me!”

I hear a small whimper.

I sigh, and get down on my knees. “Come on. Do you really think I would hurt you?”

I.............find it embarrassing.

I sigh, and lay on the ground.

All the pai-in I have caused,
All This ti-ime I had thought,
We would get a sec-ond chance............
Now it’s time for our last, dance.

A small bump lifts up the middle.

In the nightlight,
Do you see what you dream.
All your troubles, a-are what they seem?
Look around you, then you may re-a-lize,
All the preachers start with the lies!

And I might, know of our future,
But only you still, control the past!
Only you know if we’ll be toge-ther!
Only you know, if we shall last!

I smirk.

In the nightlight, do you still feel your pain,
For the valor, you wai-ted never came!
If you were able, would you go change the past,
To mend a faux pas, with one last chance?
And I might, know of our future!
But only you still, control the past!
Only you if we’ll be together............” I scoop up the blanket, with her in it. “To-night.

I give her a small squeeze as she pops her head out.

“Just as I thought.” I gently place her down on the bed. “While everyone was asleep, he turned back everyone’s ages.”


She looks up at me. She’s about the size of the CMC, has no cutie mark, and has a shorter Mane and tail.

“Who? Who.........did this?” She asks with a higher voice.

“.............Infinite.” She backs up, and almost falls down to the ground, but I catch her by her left hoof. “A..............A red, energy wave, passed over the entire city while you were all sleeping. I escaped by running through the Barrier.”

“But how did he do it?”

“I don’t know!” I start to pace around. “Theres so many ways to reverse aging, but they all regress the mind as well! It’s.....................”

I slowly turn to her, and face palm. “Asriel you freaking idiot! Chronal Reversion!”

“What.................?”

“Its a spell Starswirl created. It reverses bodily age, while preserving the mind! I was in the Archives when I found it in one of his books..........................Argh! He must’ve shadow-stepped in after I left!”

“Wait...................If that wave hit everyone...........”

“................God I can already see the chaos. You get the others, i’ll be in the Throne room with the three............four, alicorns, and the husband.”

She nods, and runs out of the room.


I emerge in the Throne room in a column of flames, and pull a book out. Seconds later, the four alicorns and stallion appear in separate columns. All of them save Faust, and Cadence are young foals.

“As.............Prince Asriel!”

“Please, just call me Asriel, Faust. I don’t really care for titles.”

“I have a question..................How in Tartarus are you still the same age!?” Shouts Celestia.

“Calm down, geez. I felt the energy wave. Passed through the barrier, right before it hit.”

As my group, and the Mane Six run in, I see a small look on Cadences face. I don’t question it. I turn to the Mane Six, and see they’re all fillies as well, whereas only Lightmare changed.

care to tell me why lightmare is a filly?

“Infinite.” Everyone save Shining Armor and Cadence gapes. I turn to Celestia. “I..................decided to take your advice, and try to get rest. If not for my body, but my mind. He must’ve shadow-stepped in and cast the Chronal Reversion spell.”

Chronal................Reversion?” Asks Riolu, tilting their head.

“It was invented by Starswirl. It reverses the aging process of the target, while preserving their cognitive knowledge for future use,” explains Faust.

If that’s true, then why didn’t we change?” Asks Obsidian.

“I don’t know..................I’m working on some research,” I respond as I flip through the pages of a book, drop it, and pull another out of Hammerspace. “All I know is, the energy wave hit everyone in the city. I avoided it by running through the Barrier before it hit.”

“What I find interesting, is that both of my children changed while Mi Amore Cadenza and I, didn’t.”

I stop, and look at her slowly as I close the book. I start to chuckle.

What could be so funny right now?” Asks Betty impatiently.

“This is just, RICH!” I hold my face as it get louder. “God I can be such an idiot!”

“Asriel.” I stop for a second, and turn to Lightmare. “Could you please answer Betty?”

Hehehe! The spell turns back the bodies biological clock. So, people who have immunity to temporal shifts, are unaffected!”

that explains why i was unaffected. i’m immune to RESETs.

And Gem hybrids only age to our state of mind.

“And as the Princess of Time and Space, I’m unconnected to the timeline. Spells that control them don’t affect me.”

“But what about Betty, Cadence, Riolu and the two princesses? The alicorns all should’ve been unaffected since they don’t age,” says Lightmare, Twilight and her friends looking at them.

“Betty is like me, neither human nor monster. With a magic body, but human SOUL, she can’t be affected by DT abilities either. Riolu isn’t affected by much, and the princesses....................perhaps their bio-clock changes when they become, Alicorns. Celestia and Luna became Alicorns as children, and Cadence only recently.”

i think the bigger question is this. how do we fix this?

“I’ll work on that.” I turn to the princesses. “Once people wake up, its gonna be a frenzy. You’ll need to keep things under control until I can fix this.” I turn to the group. “Twilight, you and your friends can keep working on the wedding plans. Sans, you and the others find my family, explain everything, and have mom and dad help the princesses out.”

no prob’, kiddo.

We all nod, and run off in different directions.


The sun has risen, and I can hear shouting outside the door as I flip through book after book.

GROAN! All these are only temporary when it comes to reversing his power!” I rub my face with my right hand, and spot some scrolls on a nearby shelf. The design of one peaks my interest, and I take it off the shelf.

“Well............It wouldn’t hurt to look in other places.” I unfurl it, and read it, my eyes shrinking in anger. “THAT SON OF A.................” I run off with it in hand.


“How much longer must we stay like this!?” shouts a foal in the crowd.

We are doing everything we can to fix this. As we speak, our son is searching for a reversal spell,” says Dad.

“In the meantime you must all be patient!” shouts Faust, the arguing getting more intense. She looks at mom. “If your son doesn’t come up with a solution soon, we’ll have a riot on our hands.”

He’s not the only one working on this,” says Obsidian. The five look at him and see he’s running through different scans and books on a holographic screen. “I’ve been running scenarios ever since we explained to you the situation, and everything so far is temporary. Infinite backs his spells with the magic equivalent to a nuke, so anything has to have the same.

“So you have found a temporary solution then?” Asks mom.

It’ll have to be renewed once a day, but you all will have your adult bodies back, no muss, no fuss.............” A screen with a file appears. “What is D-5?

I zoom in, and drop a plexiglass jar of red liquid on the ground. “D-5 is weaponizing raw Determination for anti-monster use.” I turn to Obsidian as everyone gapes in shock. “Sorry Obsidian, computer was running a little too slow for me.”

“Asriel, we gathered everything from the True Lab after you revealed it, that doesn’t mean that..............”

I’m sorry Celestia.” We all turn to his screen, revealing schematics for grenades containing a gaseous form of Determination. “What were you lying?

“You lied, Celestia. It wasn’t just about me.” Everyone walks in, and sees this.

What...........Exactly, is this?” Asks dad.

“Determination comes in different strains, flavours if you will. The stuff I use, and Chara and Frisk have in their SOULs, is the good stuff. This is the strain that created the Amalgamates!” Everyone gasps.

From the look of this, you were trying to create a concentrated, airborne strain of it. One breath of this............!

“Would turn us into goop, then into dust.” I slowly turn to her. “When I heard that your mother was trying to make amends, I actually had hope. but this isn’t peace, this a mixture that causes chaos! This..................This is a time bomb.”

“I for one, would like to know why you started making this!” Yells Faust. She’s as shocked as the rest of us.

“.................Because of Infinite!!”

I cross my arms. “Infinite?”

“When he was helping Discord shortly before my sisters banishment, we managed to land a hit. Dust, spilt from his wounds, not blood. Not only did we learn that your species was still alive..............but at the time, we thought you had become hostile.”

“We wanted nothing but peace back then, and still do!” Shouts mom.

“But you’re not the only Monsters in the Multiverse, and you’re not the only threat. The world is filling up with people and objects who can’t be matched. Who can’t be controlled.”

“Preventative measures like this always sour any deals we can make! Not to mention secrets. Unless everything’s on the table, we’ll never have peace!”

“You forced my hand, I had to come up with something..........!”

a nuclear deterrent. ‘cause that calms everything down!

Urgh!” I turn away from her, and hold my head. “This stupid distrust, is gonna get you killed. I’ve said it before, and i’m saying it now!” I turn back to her. “And would you stop lying!? I READ THE ORIGINAL BLUEPRINT! YOU WANTED THOSE FOR ME!!

“Twilight, could you and your friends take him..............”

“Take me where? Your sister showed me my room.””

“The grenades, were just in ca...........”

I shift. “IN CASE YOU NEEDED TO KILL ME! BUT YOU CAN’T, I KNOW, I TRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!” The crowd gasps in shock, my family gapes at me, Sans’ eyes go black, and Twilight and her friends’ eyes shrink. I look at the ground in disappointment. “I got low. I couldn’t stand being SOULless, so I jumped off a cliff, and a RESET, spat me out! Outside of this reality, I can’t die by normal means anymore..................So I moved on. I focused on helping people, I was good. Until Infinite, started prepping for invasion of another universe.

“I............”

I zoom right up to her, my body trickling with rainbow electricity. “Stop talking.” I zoom toward the doors. “All because of a feeling of unease, you set up a way to kill me, you kept our race secret, and you stabbed me in the back. All I ever wanted was the two races to have peace.......................but that was the dream of someone you killed. I’ll keep protecting your stupid race, princess.......................but we’ll never, ever, be friends.” I grab the doorknob, and twist it. “See you at the reception, princess, Celestia.” And I zoom off.


I grab my face, and look at the mess of an archive.

“Why did you cast this spell Infinite? What do you have to gain.” I slowly look at an open book, and pick it up. “’Chronal Sight. Allows the user to view past events as if they are presently happening.’” I put it down, and look at the door. “Guess it wouldn’t hurt to try.” I pick the book back up, and stand up and read it. I drop it, and stick my hand out. I twist it like i’m turning a knob, whilst releasing magic through. It condenses into a hovering, red magic symbol. “Okay..................” I slowly turn it to the left, and the world around me slowly rewinds. A red, transparent silhouette of myself walks back into the seat, and mimics my movements until walking backwards out of the room. It eventually rewinds to the point that the sun stops shining above us, and a silhouette of Infinite rewinds into existence next to me, and the spell wave gets absorbed into him. I stop it after I leave the room again, and slowly turn it back.

Unbeknownst to me, a shadow emerges into the torchlight, and condenses into a certain figure. They spot the open book, and read the spell.

They chuckle. “Chronal Reversion...............Heheahaha! I like the sound of that!” They raise their gloved claws, energy spewing out.

From the darkest parts of earth and sea, I call their strength unto me.
Measured by the objects that chime, turn back the hands of time!
REVERSE THEIR AGES BUT NOT THEIR MINDS!
ONLY STOP WHEN THEY RECONNECT WITH THE DIFFERENT KINDS!

A shockwave of red energy blasts out, spreading over all of Canterlot. They cackle as they fade away.

I stop the spell, and my point in time rubber-bands forwards, leaving me panting in exhaustion.

“We’ve...............We’ve been thinking about it all wrong. This wasn’t some sort of prank....................It was his twisted form of a lesson.” I pull my sleeve back, and press a button on the communicator. “This is Asriel calling Obsidian.”

This is him. Where are you, everyone was worried after you..............

“After I stormed out, I know. Listen, I figured out how to cure the spell.”

How? I’ve been studying its energy signature, and....................You went back in time, didn’t you?

“Not exactly. I found a Chronal Sight spell, allows the user to view past events like a holo-film. I was right, he shadow-stepped in after I left.”

Which means you saw the exact incantation!Awh! Asriel you are brilliant!

“Well here’s where it gets difficult. The reversal clause for the spell...........................Is the two races reconnecting.”


Excuse me.................What!?

“Apparently he cast it as a twisted lesson. The only way for the spell to end is for both races finally gaining peace. Sigh.” I grab my face. “Just.................Tell Sans, and my family after the wedding, I’ll talk to you later.”

Good luck to you.

I sit down as I hear footsteps enter the room.

You’ve caused quite the mess, haven’t you?

“Despite everything, it seems thats all i’m good at...................” I stand up, and face them. “Chrysalis.”

They change back in a burst of green flames. Green reptilian eyes and all. “So, you knew all along?

“My sister does as well. I covered for you due to the timeline, and I bet she did too.”

She slowly looks up in realization. “So that’s why you gave the Alicorns a reason for my immunity.

“You were immune because the spell was meant for my friends, and both races only. Hehehehehe!” I walk over, and pick up the book containing said spell. “I guess Infinite forgot what day it was.”

So you know my plans for Canterlot then.

“I’m afraid so.”

Well then................you must also know that you won’t be leaving this room.

“I knew that the moment you came in. I still doubt you’ll breach the shield...............I did quite a good job at boosting the work of the groom.”

Hehehe! As we speak, my army’s chipping away at the dome. As Shining Armors strength fades, so does the first spell. Your spell will fall with his.

“At least let me know this: Why are you doing this?”

Sigh....................I asked for help before. 3 years ago, when my daughter was dying............and they didn’t help me. They pushed me away like I was an animal. Now, my hoof is forced to do so, since we’re running out of food. Enough stalling.” A keyblade appears in her magical grasp. it has her buglike design, and her crown as the keychain and teeth of the tip.

I can’t have you interfering!” She stabs it in the ground, causing a line of green flames to surround me.

I chuckle as their about to rise up and send me into the caves. “I can’t wait for your shock of who Lightmare truly is.” And i’m sucked down as she shows confusion, then shakes it off and reassumes her disguise.

Hehehe! Time to get ready for the wedding!” And she runs off.


I slowly open my eyes to the crystalline caverns, surrounded by a closed dome of pink and green shards.

“Fitting. Now.............Just have to wait.”

Author's Note:

And there's the first part of Canterlot Wedding done! You wouldn't believe how long I can sometimes get stuck on things. Still, it's fun making these! As you clearly saw, the next chapter is when we find out the origin of Lightmare! And I can't wait to get working, and get it out to you all. Thanks, and as always,

'Stay Pony my Friends!'

Bye!