• Published 8th Oct 2016
  • 1,954 Views, 13 Comments

Would You Die For Me? - GoldenChaos



Fluttershy and Discord have a discussion after their wedding.

  • ...
3
 13
 1,954

At the Edge

Discord sadly met the teal eyes of Fluttershy. It was the day, where everything would end, for the both of them. Fluttershy was about to die. Discord's spell made it so he would die when she would. Fluttershy didn't look old, except for her eyes. In her eyes she carried the memories and experience of life, from the harshness to the beautiful times she had with friendship and love. Her mane was white as well. But, Fluttershy looked only twenty, since she never wrinkled. Discord smiled softly, grabbing her yellow hoof, rubbing it with his thumbs.

"So, it's time," said Discord softly. Fluttershy smiled sadly.

"I'm afraid so," said Fluttershy.

"How long do you think?" asked Discord.

"A few hours," replied Fluttershy. It was fantastic how few words they had to share, still being able to understand what the other was asking or saying. Discord's heart tugged with fear. Would he make it well in the afterlife? He had done terrible things. Maybe he wouldn't make it to Heaven, where his beloved Fluttershy was going to go. Of course she would make it. Her heart was so pure. Discord had thought from the moment he gotten to know her that she probably was an angel descended from Heaven.

Even know, at the edge of her life, all he saw was purity. No fear for the unknown of the afterlife, no resentment to her past troubles. They were together, and would die together.

"Discord, you do know you can turn back," said Fluttershy. Discord nearly jumped.

"Er, what?" asked Discord.

"Discord, you can still live," said Fluttershy. Tears appeared at the corners of her eyes. "I know you want to die with me, but surely you can live without me. I know we had this conversation forty years ago." Discord's eyes clouded, remembering the forty best years of his centuries of life.

"Fluttershy," started Discord, before being silenced by a hoof. He looked down to the yellow, soft hoof on his mouth.

"Discord, let me continue," said Fluttershy softly. "I know you love me, but I love you. My dying wish is for you to live." Discord's jaw dropped. He shook his head.

"I'm sorry, my dear, I won't live," said Discord. "I know you want me to, but I am going to be selfish. I don't want to live without you, so I won't." Fluttershy's eyes widened, and Discord looked away. "Don't start that trick on me now, missy."

"But Discord," whined Fluttershy. Discord closed his eyes.

"This is a hard decision," said Discord. "But you're worth me giving up my life. You're actually worth much more. We had this discussion before, and I'm giving you the same answer. No. I'm not going to live without you." Fluttershy smiled weakly, before coughing. Discord winced at the sound. It sounded painful. The door to the bedroom creaked open, to see three mares walk in. Twilight, Applejack, and Rainbow walked inside. Discord's mind filled with agony, as he felt Fluttershy's heart rate slow down. His life was coming to an end, and soon.

Rarity and Pinkie Pie had not made it. They both had died. Rarity died of old age, maintaining her color and youthful looks. She had put on a couple of pounds, but she still looked like her early thirties. Pinkie had died twenty years ago. She had gone to a party in Canterlot, request of Princess Celestia, but somepony had spiked her drink with poison. She didn't even get to marry her fiance, Cheese Sandwich. Cheese had disappeared soon after.

A sniffling sound came from Rainbow Dash. She was the first to break, after all these years of staying strong. Discord knew it was because of her bond with Fluttershy. Originally, Discord thought she was in love with Fluttershy, until she announced her engagement with Soarin Skies of the Wonderbolts. They had a sisterly love. Rainbow was lucky. She had a few gray streaks in her mane, and her vibrant mane had dulled, but she didn't have a wrinkle on her. She had been grounded, five years ago, when the doctor told her that her wings were too weak to fly.

"F-Fluttershy," whimpered Rainbow. Her voice sounded rusty from her age. She rushed over to her friend, hugging her, not too tightly due to the fear of hurting her.

"Hello, Rainbow," said Fluttershy. She hugged her back. Applejack stepped towards Discord, anger in her eyes. It was insane, how her eyes held so much strength when her body was weak like Granny Smith's. Next to Rainbow, she looked twenty years older, due to the wrinkles, when she was actually two years younger than the cyan pegasus.

"Discord, can't ya do anythin'?" shouted Applejack. "Yer wife is layin' here dyin', and all ya do is sit in this here spot and wait. What'cha waitin' for? A chance to take back Equestria?" Her voice was weak.

"Applejack, stop!" cried out Fluttershy, releasing her hug from Rainbow, who stared in shock. Applejack ignored her cry.

"Yer the most selfish creature Ah've ever seen," Applejack snarled. "Just lettin' her die, and let us suffer."

"Applejack, everypony dies," said Twilight, rushing over. "Even I will die. Alicorns live to be three thousand, before dying." Applejack stepped away from her.

"Well, Discord ain't goin' to die!" said Applejack. "He is happily sittin' at the side, watchin' everypony die, since he breaks all the rules, including not dyin'!"

"You're not making any sense, AJ," said Rainbow, narrowing her eyes. "Feel some sympathy for Discord, will ya? Fluttershy might be our friend, but she is Discord's wife!"

"Ah know full well how it feels to lose somepony ya love," said Applejack, tears running down her cheeks. "But Discord is just waitin' for her to die."

"With every passing second to her death, comes mine," said Discord. Silence filled the room. "Let me rephrase that. When Fluttershy dies, I will too."

"H-How?!" exclaimed Twilight, her jaw hanging.

"I have cast a spell, binding my soul to her own. So, when she dies, I will as well. So this is goodbye, my friends," said Discord, smiling sadly. Applejack took off her hat.

"Ah'm mighty sorry," said Applejack. "Ah had no idea."

"Not you too," said Twilight, tears forming as her eyes dilated. "After Pinkie, Rarity, and Fluttershy..." She sobbed in her hooves. Rainbow was speechless. Fluttershy coughed, and Discord felt his heart slow.

"I fear it is time," said Discord, his voice weakening. He slowly walked over to the bed, coiling around Fluttershy. She felt cold. The only sign of life was the slow blinking and rise and fall of her chest.

"I love you, girls," said Fluttershy. She looked up at Discord. "I love you, Discord." She gave him a kiss on the lips, which lasted for a few seconds.

"I love you too, my sweet, beautiful Fluttershy," said Discord, his eyes spilling with tears. Fluttershy collapsed on the bed. She wasn't breathing. Discord's heart gave a painful beat, and he felt it stop.


"They're dead," said Twilight softly. It was true. Their fur was starting to become brittle. The three of them broke into sobs.

Comments ( 6 )

This is so sad but so beautiful at the same time :pinkiesad2:

PLEASE UPDATE REALLY SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MUST.....READ.......MORE...:flutterrage::heart:

8057841 sorry It's completed now D:

I-i (breaks into sobs) WHY!!!!!!!!

Sad and beautiful. Poor Discord. I would honestly feel like Fluttershy, though. I would want my beloved to LIVE for me and go on, find other happiness if possible, not die with me. I was hoping she would talk him into living for her instead of dying with her. Maybe she'd be reborn someday? Still...so perfectly tearjearking. :fluttercry:

I enjoyed this sad little story, thanks for writing.

Of course I have to wonder, when Discord surrendered his immortality, where did it go? I'm thinking: Angelbunny FOREVER

Login or register to comment