• Published 11th Jul 2016
  • 1,264 Views, 9 Comments

Journey Through the Magic Buffers - Brony_Headbanger



Twilight gets sucked in through a pair of an old set of buffers, and now she needs to find her way home.

  • ...
3
 9
 1,264

Chapter 6 (Reissued)

“No! NOOOO!” Twilight screams as she slams her hooves on the old set of buffers. “We came through here. Thomas and I came through here!”

“Twilight! It’s ok, just…uh…just tell us what he looks like.” Her father tells her. “He has six wheels. Three on each side. He’s blue, he has a tank on his side, and he has a number one written on his side tanks. He must’ve rolled off while I was on my way to you guys.” Twilight says to him as she goes to the broken edge of the mountain where Thomas fallen off.

“I’m sure we’ll find him Twilight.” Velvet says to her as she hugs her daughter and comforts her. Twilight hugs back for a brief second as she turns around and walks towards the old set of buffers.

She just stares at it. “What are you really hiding? How do you really work?” Twilight asked. Even though it’s obviously a lifeless object. Twilight can’t help but just ask. “You hiding anything we don’t know about on how you activate?” Twilight lights up her horn. She focuses her magic on the buffers. Then stops. The buffers didn’t glow in her magic.

“I’m also wondering. Do these tracks lead to anywhere? Or…use to lead to anywhere?” Twilight asked. Everyone starts to look around.

“I believe they lead to the other mountain in that cave over there.” Shining Armor said. Twilight looks at the cave that looks like a thousand miles away to her, and the set of buffers on another mountain right across from them. Could there must’ve been a bridge here? Twilight turns her attention back to the old set of buffers.

“You’re hiding something we don’t know about.” Twilight said to the buffers again. She lights her horn up once more, and this time the buffers glow in her magic.

The wind begins to blow in the direction of the buffers. Twilight stops her magic as the wind picks up even more. Getting stronger and stronger.

“Twilight? What did you do?” Velvet asks her as everyone is now getting worried.

“I think I just activated it.” Twilight said as the multicolored portal begins to slowly grow bigger as the wind picks up. “This place has something that we don’t know about! We need to see what it is! Can you guys follow these tracks? I wanna get back to Sodor and tell Mr. Conductor what happened!”

“Twilight! No! I’m not leaving you again!” Velvet says as she holds onto her daughter.

“Mom! It’s ok, I’ll be fine. I promise.” Twilight says to her mom as well as the rest of her family. “All I ask is you all to trust me. Please? I know how to get back now.”

The multicolored portal appears as the wind gets stronger as every pony holds on tight. “Just find out where these tracks go. I’ll find my way home as soon as possible. Trust me mom, please! I have to let everyone know, and we all need to help Thomas! Please!” Twilight begged her mother.

With a teary look in her eye. Velvet hugs her daughter tight. She breaks the hug and looks deep into her eyes. “Be careful. Please.” Velvet says. With a nod. Twilight let’s go of her mother, and races to the multicolored portal.

“I’ll be back as soon as I can!” Twilight says looking back at everyone as she jumps straight to the portal and with a train whistle and bells mixed into one…she disappeared.

“Please be careful, Twilight.” Velvet says in tears as her husband comforts her. Shining and Cadence do the same as they take a minute.

~*~

Twilight comes through from wince she came before. Floating off the tracks, this time staying focused. “Ok. Get Mr. Conductor. Find Thomas. I hope.” Twilight focuses on her mission as she looks straight ahead. Flying like a superhero in the sky with that smile on her face.

In no time, she sees the other set of buffers. “Here we go!” Twilight gets ready as the multicolor portal appears. Making the same noise as before. Twilight comes out of the other end. Flying through the air, and this time landing on her hooves safe and sound on the tracks she traveled on with Thomas. “Perfect.” She utters.

She looks around as it’s now day time. The coast is clear. “Ok, now to find Mr. Conductor.” She utters to herself as she starts running on the hilltop.

~*~

“I still don’t understand her story.” Shining Armor says as they’re now on the other mountain where the old tracks are. “About this Thomas character. I’m starting to get worried.”

“Well what we just witnessed, I’m assuming Twilight might be onto something.” Cadence comes in.

“I don’t care what’s going on.” Velvet comes in as they approach the cave. “I want my daughter back. I just hope she’s safe.”

“She will be, hon.” Her husband says. “Right now, if Twilight knows what she’s doing, it’s best to leave her to it. She’s a smart filly. I’m sure she knows how to get things done.”

Velvet nods her head slightly. Agreeing to her husband. “Ok. You’re right.” She says as they look at the cave. “Let’s see what Twilight wants us to do.” Everyone’s horns light up to assemble some light so they can see where they’re going. They follow the old, viney tracks as it’s filled with vines, cobwebs, even spiders. Every pony gets spooked now and then until they approach a door. A very big door.

“What in the world?” Velvet says as she stares at it. Shining Armor goes up to the side of it. It doesn’t have anything to open it, but Shining just focuses his magic on it as it’s now covered in his aura. It begins to open, but it’s very heavy. “Shining! What are you doing?” Velvet asks.

Shining doesn’t answer. He just keeps opening it until it’s at least far enough to where they can all fit. “It’s ok. I got it.” He says as he enters the room. The remaining track’s in here, but it’s very dark. He uses his horn as a light. That’s pretty useless, but he walks around to find a torch or something. However, he finds a switch. “Huh, wonder what this is for.” He says, flipping it.

Lights come on, and he now looks around the room. Shining Armor drops his jaw in utter shock as he sees an object. Not just any object. An object that looks like a locomotive. However, it is pretty small. Yet, beautiful.

It has four driving wheels. Two on each side. Pistons on its both sides, a golden smoke box, a dark pink-ish paint job, a golden funnel, and the name “Lady” written on its side. As well as an open cab.

“No way.” Shining Armor says as he races to the door. “Guys! You have to come see this!” He says as everyone walks in and they see what Shining Armor sees. Everyone is now taken away by the sheer beauty this engine has.

“My oh my, this is one beautiful locomotive.” Velvet says in surprise.

“I’ll say.” Cadence says.

“Could this mean Twilight was telling the truth on where she’s been? About this Thomas engine that she’s talking about?” Velvet’s husband asks.

“I can’t believe I’m saying this, but…she could be.” Velvet says as she looks around the locomotive. She climbs into the cab and sees the unfamiliar control panel as well as a firebox. “Ugh, how do these things work?” She asks as she was about to reach for the throttle.

“Don’t touch that!” Velvet’s husband says to her. “We don’t know what this thing really is. I think it’s best to wait for Twilight to return to see what we really do with this.” Velvet’s husband says.

“I agree.” Shining Armor comes in. “Twilight might be onto something about this, and if she’s getting at least an answer. I’d like to find out how this thing fires up.”

“Me too.” Cadence comes in. “I think we wait. Right now, let’s just head back.”

Without hesitation, the light switch is turned off as everyone exits the room leaving the door shut. Velvet begins to get that engine in her head on what it means.

“Lady. What does that mean?” She asks herself. Maybe Twilight will know? Velvet can only hope she has an answer and she returns home safely.

Author's Note:

I do apologize for deleting the chapter what I had before. It didn’t follow what the story was going for. I should’ve looked back at it before, but when I wrote chapter 6 how it was before, I didn’t. So I do apologize for that, but at least it gets another update.

Comments ( 1 )

Will this be continued some day?

Login or register to comment