• Published 11th Jul 2016
  • 1,254 Views, 9 Comments

Journey Through the Magic Buffers - Brony_Headbanger



Twilight gets sucked in through a pair of an old set of buffers, and now she needs to find her way home.

  • ...
3
 9
 1,254

Chapter 2

*Peep* *Peep*

Thomas whistled as he chugs down the line with the silly troublesome trucks behind him. He’s hauling supplies to take down to brendam docks. But, the trucks keep teasing him.

“Pull back! pull back!” They all yelled as they begin to pull back. Making Thomas’s load feel heavier. Thomas groaned as he is now about to pull his train up a hill. Until he stopped, and made the trucks bump into him.

“Silly trucks. That’ll teach ya. Now come on, and stop playing! We have a load to deliver!” Thomas said to the trucks behind him as he is now going up a hill. Thomas felt very nervous as he continued to puff up the hill. Waiting for the trucks to play another trick as soon he reaches the top.

Thomas keeps thinking if he could hear them whispering about their plan. As soon as he reached the top…

“On! On! On!” The trucks yelled. They begin to push Thomas right down the hill. Thomas applied his breaks. Trying to slow the trucks down. But, it was no use. The silly trucks keep pushing him down the hill.

“Stop pushing me you darn trucks!” Thomas screamed as he held onto his breaks as good as he can while the trucks continued to push him.

Thomas was able to make it through a bend when the trucks push as hard as they can. Making Thomas think he’s going faster than the speed of sound. Or the speed of Spencer perhaps.

Thomas sees that the signal on a track switch is red. Which means he’s about to pull into another track. Which he does. The tracks look old, and Thomas keeps going. Up ahead, he can see a set of buffers ahead. Thomas screech on his brakes as hard as he can so he, and the trucks can stop. Finally, he stopped at only fifteen feet away from the set of buffers.

“Phew.” Thomas said as he came close to crashing. “Silly trucks! Thanks to you, I’m now late.” Thomas said as he backs out of the sighting so he can get to brendam to deliver his load.

Thirty minutes have passed as Thomas arrived at brendam docks. A red diesel was there on the other lane of the track. He has a pirate like accent on him. They call him Slaty.

“Argh, hello, Thomas.” Salty said as Thomas stopped beside him.

“Hi Salty. Sorry I’m late. These trucks been giving me a hard time on the way here.” Thomas explained.

“Arhg, that’s alright, matey. At least you got the trucks delivered.” Salty said as he gets on another track behind Thomas. He gets coupled up the the brake van, and he begins to back up after Thomas gets uncoupled.

Which brought a smile to Thomas’s face. Happy to have the trucks out of his sight.

“Alright, Thomas, you can go on now.” Salty said. “I’ll have Cranky take the load from these trucks, and we’re good to go.”

“Thank you, Salty!” Thomas said as he whistled, and he hurried straight to Knapford Station to pick up his coaches for his branchline.

It wasn’t long as Thomas pulled into Knapford where his coaches are. He can see them at a sighting as one of them smiled when she saw him backing up into them.

“Look, Clarabelle. Here he comes.”

“Hello, Thomas.” Clarabelle said as Thomas gets coupled up.

“Good morning, Annie. Good morning, Clarabelle.” Thomas said as he puffs out of the sighting with his two faithful coaches, Annie and Clarabelle.

He pulls into the station as a small green engine with mail cars is waiting for the mail to be placed in his mail cars. He has a number six on the side of his rears, and four drive wheels. Thomas pulls up to him.

“Good morning, Percy.” Thomas greets.

“Oh, good morning, Thomas.” Percy said as he smiled to see his best friend.”Wonderful weather we’re having, isn’t it?”

“Indeed, Percy. My morning was just fine until those silly trucks had to push me down the hill, again.” Thomas said as he felt mad about this morning.

“Oh, I’m sorry to hear that, Thomas.” Percy said as another whistle is heard. A red engine with a number five on his tender pulls into the station with freight cars. He felt angry a bit.

“Good morning, James.” Thomas peeped.

“Oh, hello Thomas, hello Percy.” James greeted the two engines.

“What’s that you’re carrying behind you, James?” Thomas asked as James waits for a load to be put in his cars.

“Sir Topham Hatt has given me an opportunity to pull a goods train. A very… dirty goods train.” James said as he went red in the face. Thomas and Percy giggled.

James groaned in response. “I don’t want my red paint work to get all dirty.” He said as his whistle to leave has been blown.

James blew his whistle, and puffed away. Ignoring Thomas and Percy giggling as he leaves.

“I heard Sir Taphom Hatt is taking a vacation tomorrow.” Percy said to Thomas.

“Indeed. I hope he has a great time. I think he deserves a good time off for a while after the hard work he’s done. I heard, Mr. Conductor will be looking after us again. It’s been a long time since Sir Topham Hatt went on vacation.” Thomas said to Percy.

“Indeed it has, Thomas.” Sir Topham Hatt comes in.

“Hello, sir.” Thomas and Percy said together.

“Running a railway is hard working indeed, Thomas. I know it’s been a while since I have took a vacation. I will be leaving tomorrow at around ten o'clock tomorrow morning. To the airport.” Sir Topham Hatt explained. “So, will you two be on your best behavior while Mr. Conductor keeps an eye on you again?”

“Yessir.” Thomas and Percy said together.

“Excellent. I knew I could count on my really useful engines. Well, I better head on home and pack. Goodbye you two.” He said as he walks off.

“Goodbye, sir.” Thomas and Percy said together. Thomas’s whistle blows. Signaling he’s now ready to leave.

“Oh, goodbye, Percy. I better run my branchline now.” Thomas said as he starts puffing away. Leaving Percy to wait for his mail cars to load up.

“Goodbye, Thomas!” Percy said with a smile as he watches his friend leave.

***

The day went by, as Shining Armor is walking Twilight home after picking her up from school like he always does. Twilight hasn’t noticed when Shining Armor has that very big smile on his face.

“What’s got you all excited for, big brother?” Twilight asked.

“I’ll tell you when we get home, Twily.” Shining said chuckling as they both walked into their home.

Velvet notices as she’s sitting on her sofa, reading her book.

“Oh, excellent, you’re home.” She said as she went to hug them. “How was school?”

“It was great!” Twilight said first. “I painted a picture today!”

“How wonderful, sweetie.” Velvet said to Twilight. “What about you, Shining Armor?”

“Okay, you’re never gonna believe this. I finally have a marefriend!” Shining said excitedly.

Velvet’s eyes widen in surprise as she heard Shining Armor's news. A smile forms on her face.

“That’s excellent, sweetheart!” Velvet said as she hugged her son. “What’s her name?”

“Her name’s Cadence. She also went to Twilight’s school when she was a filly.” Shining said as he patted Twilight’s head.

“Well, I can’t wait to meet her sometime soon. I’m sure your father will be very proud of you when he gets home from work.” She said with a smile on her face.

“Congratulations, big brother!” Twilight said as she gave SHining Armor a huge hug.

Shining Armor chuckled. “Thanks Twily. I’m sure you’re gonna love her. She’s really nice. I can’t wait for you to meet her.” He said to her.

“And I can’t wait to meet her too!” Twilight said with a smile. She takes Smarty Pants from her back, and she talks to her again.

“Come on, Smarty Pants! We got some coloring to do!” Twilight stormed to her room, as she pulled out her coloring book, and she started coloring while setting Smarty Pants on her side.

***

A little more time rolls by as finally, Twilight’s father is now home from work. It’s not her bedtime yet, but, she went downstairs as she was about to grab a snack before heading to bed.

She can hear her father congratulating Shining Armor on getting a new marefriend.

“That’s excellent, son. I’m very proud of you.” He said as Twilight saw her dad hug Shining Armor as soon as she grabbed a pack of crackers.

“Heh, thanks dad.” Shining Armor said with a smile and a blush. “You’ll really like her. Trust me, she’s really sweet.” Their dad chuckled at Shining’s response to his new marefriend.

“Hehe, alright, buddy. You better treat this mare with respect, you hear?” He teased while making the clicking noise.

“I will, dad.” Shining Armor said as he went upstairs while letting out a yawn. “I’m gonna head to bed. Night dad, night mom”

“Good night!” They both said as Twilight is sitting on the table with Smarty Pants, eating some crackers.

“Hey there, silly.” Twilight’s dad said as he hugged Twilight.

“Hey daddy!” Twilight hugged him right back.

“What are you doing down here? It is almost your bedtime.” He remind her.

“I know.” Twilight said to him. “But, I got hungry, and I thought I might have a snack before I go to bed.” She said as she ate a cracker.

Her dad chuckled. “Alright, sweetheart. Make sure you go to bed after you’re done, alright. Goodnight.” He said as he kissed her on the forehead.

“Goodnight, daddy.” Twilight said as she continue to eat her crackers.

It wasn’t long as she begins to go upstairs when she got tired. She slowly crawled into bed as Smarty Pants is right beside Twilight.

Velvet tucked her in as she kissed Twilight on the forehead.

“Goodnight my little angel.” She said to her.

“Goodnight, mommy.” Twilight said as she let out a yawn. Velvet turned out the lights before she exited the room. Letting Twilight sleep so she can have plenty of rest before school tomorrow.